Community > Posts By > AGoodGuy1026

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Mon 02/22/10 08:23 AM
uhmmm....

perhaps tomorrow?...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Fri 02/19/10 09:10 AM

A customer at work and I were discussing engagement and wedding rings. She'd just gotten engaged and while gleefully happy about it, she didn't like the engagement ring.

She was trying to figure out how badly it might upset the guy if she asked that they go looking together so she could find something more suitable.

Unfortunately, I couldn't really help her, since I know I'd want to be involved in picking out a ring.

How badly would that upset you guys?

IMHO: I wouldn't be that upset... actually, I would have taken an approach of communicating with my perspective wife before making a large purchase (like a ring)... the intent being she will wear this ring for a long time - she should like the ring for it's jewelry value just as much as the emotional/spiritual value...

I would discuss her likes, dislikes and preferences -- then surprise her with a ring that she was likely to want... as long as she loved me and was accepting of the relationship - what the ring looks like could easily be remedied if she does not like it...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Fri 02/19/10 09:00 AM

If your closest and dearest friend was of the opposite sex and your significant other gave you the ultimatum, "Me or the friend", whom would you choose?

sounds like you made the wrong choice in life... I can hear it now, the next thing you will be saying to your SO is "I love you but I am not IN love with you"....good luck to you!

$.02 drinker

Can you do me a favor and read this thread? I mean all of it. Not trying to be mean but there is this trend of people assuming I am in a relationship and have been given an ultimatum.

For clarifying purposes only, as this is the last time I will say this:

I am not in a relationship. By choice. Why would I get involved with someone when I leave the country March 7th to stay overseas for a year, possibly more?

The reason I have asked this question about your best friend and the ultimatum is because it came up this weekend in a conversation WITH MY BEST FRIEND. We both agreed that there is no way we would let a person come between us because we have "had each other's backs" for a very long time and have helped each other scope out potential relationships for one another. Saved us both from some very nasty break ups. Neither of us are wanting to be together, but we won't let go of a friendship that has worked for 3 years.

So, please, stop telling ME I have picked the wrong person or any of that stuff.

Just answer the question about your friend and the value you put in their friendship.

Thank you very much.

sensitive much? it's all in how you take it I suppose...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Wed 02/17/10 01:02 PM
absolutely fake...

common cell phones use a 1900MHz carrier wave (microwave ovens use 2400MHz carrier wave)

microwave oven takes 1 minute at 500-600watts to pop popcorn - a typcial cell phone only produces about .6 watts of power...

*sigh*...

as you walk through life - you are constantly bombarded with electromagnetic radiation (TV, Radio, WiFi)... as well many other types of radiation...

$.02 drinker

p.s. please don't believe EVERYTHING you read or "see" on the web!frustrated

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Wed 02/17/10 09:50 AM

Shouldn't everything start with a friendship anyway?

uhm.... not "everything" rofl

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Wed 02/17/10 05:36 AM
Edited by AGoodGuy1026 on Wed 02/17/10 05:36 AM

If your closest and dearest friend was of the opposite sex and your significant other gave you the ultimatum, "Me or the friend", whom would you choose?

sounds like you made the wrong choice in life... I can here it now, the next thing you will be saying to your SO is "I love you but I am not IN love with you"....good luck to you!

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Wed 02/17/10 05:33 AM

Seriously! I went out tonight with one of my friends. We met up with these 2 guys and everything was going well. They ended up riding with me to another bar. They really started to annoy me at this point. Just saying stupid things. Then after we leave that bar the one guy is tryin to get me to kiss him cuz "I have big lips". I tried to blow him off and tell him I'm driving, can't kiss ya. Then he actually says to me that he's coming home with me cuz he wants to find out if I'm "tight" noway surprised mad I was hoping I heard him wrong so I asked "what did you say?" and he replies " I'm coming home with you, I'll do ya, I mean, why not?"noway
This is where I pulled the car over and told him to get out. I literally threw him to the curb. WTF is wrong with some people??

hmmmmmm, you go to a bar with a friend, you meet up with 2 guys - all four of you are drinking.. you invite them to go with you to another bar, to continue drinking... (ignoring the fact that you are drinking and driving)... only, once you leave the bar you realize they are ******** and kick at least one of them to the curb...

perhaps you need to review your decision making process...

1. drinking and driving
2. inviting complete (perhaps inebreated) strangers into your car
3. leading them on by suggesting you get in the car to go to another bar

1. bad decision - call a cab for yourself
2. bad decision - suggest they follow you next time (or take a cab if you/they have been drinking)
3. bad decision - why even go there

The only good decision you made was to tell them to get out of the car...

To me, you made a series of bad judgements that could have been very unsafe for you...

Please tell me, why is this the guys fault??...

Hmmmmm

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Thu 02/11/10 12:16 PM

she has good taste, that is a beautiful ring....

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Thu 02/11/10 07:53 AM

I've had many long distance relationships, one even with a woman from Japan. She came to live with me many times, and we'd be married today if the eastern culture didn't freak her out so much. Long distance relationships (marriages) statistically last longer because you know that the other person REALLY loves you, since they have gone through so much to be with you. With local relationships the other person can end the relationship in heartbeat because it's so easy to find someone else locally. The worst part of a long distance relationship is that it's hard when you want to be with the other person but you can't, but then absence makes the heart grow fonder.... flowerforyou

offtopic

hmmm, interesting... I would like to see the source of these statistics....

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Mon 02/08/10 11:43 AM
bigsmile

ok...let me put myself in this hypothetical....

I am dating a guy and he says things that are belittling, degrading...whatever.

If I didn't let it get to me...then????

Why the hell would you want to be with someone that does this anyway? Are you a masochist?

If you have to ask, you likely already know the answer... I agree with Krupa... he makes a good point.

$.02 drinker

psst.....remember this was a hypothetical brought on by another thread. It's not about me :wink:

DOH! slaphead blushing

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Mon 02/08/10 11:19 AM

ok...let me put myself in this hypothetical....

I am dating a guy and he says things that are belittling, degrading...whatever.

If I didn't let it get to me...then????

Why the hell would you want to be with someone that does this anyway? Are you a masochist?

If you have to ask, you likely already know the answer... I agree with Krupa... he makes a good point.

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Fri 02/05/10 01:02 PM
hence the cliche.... "sometimes, love just 'aint enough..."...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Fri 02/05/10 10:57 AM
OP: I do not find that women are unemployed or have high expectations of my salary...

I do not tell women how much money I make, it's none of their business... perhaps if we were considering co-habitation or marriage I would talk financial specifics... if a woman wanted to know how much money I make, I would show her the door. I do, however - have criteria to the types of women that I do date. I am attracted to confident, strong women who do not need rescued - and are college educated. I find, for me - the type of woman that I end up with using that criteria are professional types (lawyers, doctors, executives) but not all have been. I have dated hair stylists, aestheticians, sales people - professionals in their own right... I am not driven by how much money thay make.

What they do expect is that I have my S**T together, and that I am not an azz... as I expect the same from them.

Perhaps you need to raise the bar a bit.

Also, it depends upon the image you are projecting... if you are projecting "I've got lots of money" - it becomes easy for a woman to begin to assume certain things...

So, basically I disagree with my own experiences as an example for myself, but I can understand how a guy could feel the way you describe - if he's not being "strict" in the type(s) of women he is trying to date...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Fri 02/05/10 08:54 AM

Humm seems like to me if the love is still there then one can fall in love with them again if they really want to. That is if there is not another within the picture. Somethings happen and the love you once had can not be returned.

But when only one is willing to find that love within again it will never work it takes two.

Many times too many take for granted of the love they do have and fail to keep it alive. Love like anything else it has to be nurtured and keep alive and free or it will grow stale and start to fade away.whoa

sadly, it means they don't want to work on it, it means they want out (and likely they have already found someone else)... it means they don't want to fix the old car, they want a shiney new one, with new buttons, and the new car smell...

It happens, it sucks... if they show no willingness to "try" - then it's over (painful as it is)... one day, they may realize what they have thrown away, they may not - either way, the odds are against reconcilliation...

Luck to you OP: - I can totally understand and relate...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Fri 02/05/10 08:15 AM
I want to donate parts to other folks (organ donation) and cremate the rest...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Fri 02/05/10 08:07 AM
Edited by AGoodGuy1026 on Fri 02/05/10 08:16 AM

curious (good thing I'm not a cat huh? lol) but isn't falling in love for the wrong reasons, still falling in love?

Yes.. There are also levels of love.. You can love someone and not be "in love"...

very true. I love my ex husband but not in love with him

this means that you are "in love" with "being in love", not with the other person... sadly, this is why many relationships end - and why 75% of divorce these days is driven by women...

*sigh*....

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Thu 02/04/10 09:27 AM
not yet, but I did book a reservation at a nice place... just in case!! (seriously)...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Tue 02/02/10 06:00 AM
some people get annoyed that I am "particular" or "picky" about things...

eh, to each his/her own!!!...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Mon 02/01/10 01:06 PM
Edited by AGoodGuy1026 on Mon 02/01/10 01:07 PM

Okay, I feel better now.
Not really. What do you do with a person whose so persistant you want to tell them to find a life? Someone you were very clear about just being friends and they decided it perhaps should go further without consulting you, and then proceeded? Last time I heard from this person was over 2 weeks ago when gently, but firmly pushed them out the door. Got home from wk, there was a message. Forgot about it and then a call "Why haven't you called me?" I told them everything, want to work on me for awhile, take care of things, my truck needs me to save money,blah, blah, blah...then "so...when are we getting together?" AUGHHHHHHHH!!! No hint, no clue and you guys wonder about meeting people on line? Real life is hard enough. This place the people at least respond (mostly) appropriately to life and its ups and downs...

sounds to me like you were not being direct. Try saying exactly what you mean... guys don't take hints and/or inuendo very well sometimes... you have to be literal... hit 'em over the head with it (figuratively of course)...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Mon 02/01/10 11:19 AM

not shure what to do my sister and her boyfriend broke up she has no where to go at the moment she got layed off from her job she asked me if she could stay with me my husband doesn't like her for some reason heck we all make mistakes in our life the problem is he told me if i let her stay with us he is going to leave so i am stuck not shure what to do can anyone please help me i love my husband and i love my sister i want help her but i don't want to lose my husband either even though he has hurt me in the past i have forgiven him but at the same time i can't turn my back on my sister
please help

imho: Not wanting a relative to "camp" in your house for an undtermined amount of time is understandable, however -- threatenting to end your marriage over it sounds a bit extreme, if not a bit on the emotionally abusive side...

$.02 drinker