Community > Posts By > KerryO

KerryO's photo
Tue 11/29/11 03:27 PM

The surge of collge grads, while an accomplishment for the country, has contributed to an overflow of workers whose skill-sets don’t match with the needs of the export-led, manufacturing-based economy.

http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2011/11/23/china-to-cancel-college-majors-that-dont-pay/

See, that wouldn't have happened if they had schools like Bob Jones University or Liberty U.

-Kerry O.

KerryO's photo
Mon 11/28/11 02:01 AM

Ya, thats why women are the best shoplifters.......They are natural theives, skilled liars and are very cunning and deceitful...

"Women are the most powerful magnet in the universe. And all men are
cheap metal." Broadcasting executive Larry Miller, quoted in the book "Men are Lunatics, Women are Nuts"

KerryO's photo
Sun 11/27/11 03:53 AM
Oh look-- the American Pharisees are using religion to drum up discontent again. WWJD.

-Kerry O.

KerryO's photo
Fri 11/25/11 04:29 PM
Edited by KerryO on Fri 11/25/11 04:31 PM

PHOENIX -- Police in the Phoenix suburb of Buckeye are coming under fire for a video posted online Friday that shows a grandfather unconscious on the floor of a Walmart with a bloody face after police said he was caught trying to shoplift.

The video shows 54-year-old Jerald Allen Newman unconscious and covered in blood after a police officer took him to the ground Thursday night.

Officers in the video are shown trying to sop up blood as outraged customers yell expletives and say, "That's police brutality," and "He wasn't doing anything."

The man's wife and other witnesses say that Newman was trying to help his young grandson after the boy was trampled by shoppers, and only put a video game in his waistband to free his hands to help the boy.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/25/arizona-grandfather-roughed-up-by-police-in-walmart/#ixzz1elIduqrr

$hit happens. He was probably stealing the game to sell for drugs.

That is pretty far from what happened, he was there with his grandson and the boy was getting trampled by the crowd so he placed the game in his waist band to free both hands to get the boy out of the crowd. As far as stealing from walmart goes I wish everyone would do it, maybe run them out of business which would be good.

I had an incident today at Wally World with Loss Prevention people, so it's not like they are psychics.

I bought 4 items, one of them a DVD box set with the usual embedded loss prevention device. When the cashier was scanning the items, she missed that fact that it didn't ring, but it DID make the loud sound saying the tag had been neutralized. When the total came to far less than it should have been, I said "Wait-- something's wrong here, the total should be a LOT more than this. Are you sure the DVD's rang?" She said "I think so, it made the sound." I asked, "Please check."

Without acknowledging my honestly, she did, found the mistake and gave me the new total, which I paid.

When I went to leave the store, I suspect one of the Loss Prevention people noticed the exchange and naturally suspected I was up to no good. They wanted to see all the contents of the bag and the receipt, which I was still carrying with the change. You could tell by the body English that they thought I was up to something.

I can only imagine what would have happened had I not been paying attention, either. Never mind that the DVDs didn't trigger the alarm because the tag had been deactivated or that it was the cashier's mistake-- Fox News would probably have reported that I was carrying a neutralizing device in my other shoulder holster.

Or teleported it into the bag after I left the cash register.

-Kerry O. "To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

KerryO's photo
Thu 11/24/11 04:23 PM

OMG! laugh

Faux News discovered today 3 pencils, 6 felt pens and 4 rubber bands in a mayonaise jar at OWS. They stated the items were meant to be an explosive device if only the protesters could have found a source to purchase dynamite!

rofl

And metal tubes? It was obvious to Faux News' crack team of military analysts that the OWS protesters were attempting to build centrifuges to enrich uranium!

I wonder why Faux News wasn't fretting about the OWS protesters' Second Amendment rights?

-Kerry O., "Keep searching, boys-- I just KNOW there's a nuclear-powered submarine in here somewhere..."

KerryO's photo
Sun 11/13/11 06:04 AM

Try this scenario on and tell me if you would or wouldn't resent what this Baptist tried to pull on me one time:

I'm working long 2nd & 3rd shift hours on my job and I'm awoken from a deep sleep by a loud knock at the door. There stands a 'missionary' with some 10-15 yr old kids with religious pamphlets. I told them "No thanks, I'm not a believer and I don't want to become one."

"Well why not?" says the haughty adult missionary.

"I'm sorry, but I don't buy the Bible's explanations for human nature. Or the nature of creation for that matter."

"Weeeeeeellllllll, SIR, just WHO do you think created all !this! HMMMMMMM?", said the HAM.

"I'm not having the discussion with you. Please leave.", I told him.

Whereupon he turns to the kids, "See, you'll run across people like THIS".

I just slammed the door because this kind of manipulation ALWAYS makes me angry.

Anyone want to lay odds on what would happen if I, as an Unbeliever, went door to door using kids as props to proselytize for Atheism?

And when was the last time you heard of an Atheist Priest covering up for another Atheist Priest who was molesting children?

-Kerry O.

What a Jerk. I think I would have gotten his name, and then called the police and reported him for verbal assault or peddling without a licence.

No, that just makes one a target. I just as soon stay COMPLETELY off their radar. Like that old aerospace ad in one of the Engineering magazines I get, "Because if they can't see you, they can't hit you."

I asked the landlord for (and got) a peephole installed in my front door. I've taken to not answering the door if I don't recognize the people knocking as one of my neighbors.

But I REALLY shouldn't have had to do this. C'mon, it's not like there isn't a single person tall enought to open the front door in this so-called Christian nation who hasn't heard the name 'Jesus' or 'The Good News'.

Then there's always the religious junk mail one gets all the time, too....

-Kerry O.

KerryO's photo
Sun 11/13/11 05:56 AM

I dont agree with aggressive 'sales' in any situation. I consider such a scenario similar to someone at my door wanting to sale me candy bars or a security system or free oil change and not accepting that I dont wish to have any. I dont need to get nasty about it with them and they dont need to proceed in questioning me once I have said no.

Not quite the same, because I live in an almost gated community that has only one access road, the front of which is CLEARLY marked "No Solicitation". Yet, the 'missionaries' blithely ignore it because THEY are representing ALMIGHTY GOD and are entitled to an exception.

Religion may not be a commercial product that you buy for some sort of advantage. But it sure is marketed that way sometimes.

-Kerry O.

KerryO's photo
Sat 11/12/11 03:51 PM

I have never known any spiritual predators. I know many Christians who believe they need to share the Gospel with everyone, but not a one who would keep talking if I said "stop". Yes, I've had plenty of Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons and Baptists at my door. But, none who kicked in my door or refused to leave when I said, "no, thanks."

I don't resent them for telling me I will burn in hell if I don't believe in X,Y or Z because I DON'T believe this. I never understood why people would get mad at someone for this. One of my friends gets furious at Christians because "They believe I am going to hell!" Well, who cares? It's like she believes it's going to be true because they say it is. ohwell

Try this scenario on and tell me if you would or wouldn't resent what this Baptist tried to pull on me one time:

I'm working long 2nd & 3rd shift hours on my job and I'm awoken from a deep sleep by a loud knock at the door. There stands a 'missionary' with some 10-15 yr old kids with religious pamphlets. I told them "No thanks, I'm not a believer and I don't want to become one."

"Well why not?" says the haughty adult missionary.

"I'm sorry, but I don't buy the Bible's explanations for human nature. Or the nature of creation for that matter."

"Weeeeeeellllllll, SIR, just WHO do you think created all !this! HMMMMMMM?", said the HAM.

"I'm not having the discussion with you. Please leave.", I told him.

Whereupon he turns to the kids, "See, you'll run across people like THIS".

I just slammed the door because this kind of manipulation ALWAYS makes me angry.

Anyone want to lay odds on what would happen if I, as an Unbeliever, went door to door using kids as props to proselytize for Atheism?

And when was the last time you heard of an Atheist Priest covering up for another Atheist Priest who was molesting children?

-Kerry O.

KerryO's photo
Sat 11/12/11 05:49 AM
For a long time, I've wondered if the most aggressive of these 'aggressive spiritual predators' were merely people with acute cases of Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Consider: they've made a pact with an entity whom, when they gaze into the pool, tells them they are created in his image.

This alone empowers them to do pretty much what they want because as the Chosen, they will receive unlimited forgiveness for their trepasses against the people who have not made said pact.

It also empowers them to, with a straight face, tell their neighbors how they MUST live. Nevermind that said neighbors are people of great principle and have excellent human values and empathy.

Some make a big show of feeling sorry for the poor Unbeliever who is damned to hell, but many times, you can tell by the haughty posturing that it's _really_ just Schadenfreud being manifested.

Watch the big-time TV preachers sometime-- far from being creatures existing in sackcloth-and-ashes humility, they live the lives of Keeping-Up-the-Joneses, and arrogantly preach 'The One Truth' from their pulpits high above the mere mortals, for when they are there, they probably would tell you they are a conduit for the Almighty Himself.

I've always liked this passage from Gibran:

A priest is often a traitor who uses Scripture as a threat to spirit away your money, a hypocrite who carries a crozier and uses it like a sword to open your veins, a wolf in sheep's clothing, a glutton with more respect for the table than the altar, a creature hungry for gold who follows the dinar to distant countries.

He is a strange being, with the beak of an eagle, the claws of the tiger, the teeth of a hyena and the skin of a viper.

Take his Bible away from him, rend his vestments, pull out his beard, and do as you wish with him. Then place a dinar in his hand, and he will thank you with a smile.

-Kerry O.

KerryO's photo
Wed 11/09/11 03:33 PM

flowerforyou I think we BOTH understand each other better now, and thats a good thing.

Thank you for meeting me half way!:heart:

Thomas Jefferson said it well so many years ago:

But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.

-Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782

I think that if your faith brings you comfort and you derive something from it, far be it from me to not accept that it's right for you.

For most of my life, I've felt injured by circumstances involving religion and if I were a Believer, I'd have a difficult time forgiving God for a particular hidden birth defect I had to survive.

Since I don't, I just chalk it up to random chance and just got on with life.

And on my really bad days, I just half-way jokingly recite that fictitous Vulcan prayer from Star Trek:

May your death bring you the peace you never found in life.

Actually, it's not as bad as it sounds.

-Kerry O.

KerryO's photo
Wed 11/09/11 02:09 AM

It's easy to defend your so-called "massacres". And to defend your so-called "slavery". That is, if you can get past the standard "free-thinker" mentality.....

Of course it is. All one has to do is post it on the Internet and declare it to be true.

Works well, too, as long as you're preaching to the choir. Or oneself.

But hey, just get some religious nuts to start killing people again in the name of God, or kidnapping people into slavery. Then get back to us and let us know how that worked out.

-Kerry O.

It's easy to defend because people like you interpret the Bible the same way as your so-called "religious nuts"....

So tell you what... Go form your own opinion and state your claim here. You can get your own opinion at evilbible.com lol

As usual, all you have to offer in the way of arguments are veiled personal attacks.

:::::Plonk::::::

-Kerry O.

KerryO's photo
Tue 11/08/11 02:30 PM

So as far as lumping me in with all other Christians, "my creed" and what they have done, and are doing, I dont like being seen as just "one of them". I am new in Christianity, and not sure exactly where I will fall, when all is read, said, and done. And I stated this before, and ill do it again. If I read the entire bible, and find that I cannot live by the ways it requires me to, or dont agree with what ive read, I dont know where I will fall. Probably not a Christian, since Christianity it based all around the bible.

Thats why I also have a thread here, where I can ask questions as I read the bible, to more seasoned Christians, if im not liking what im reading, instead of just ASSUMING things I read. All I do know, FOR SURE, at this point, is THERE IS A GOD, I LOVE HIM, HE LOVES ME, AND WE SHALL NEVER BE APART AGAIN! As to what religion I will end up,if any, only time will tell, and for now, I am in the Christian faith, wholeheartedly.

Guilt trip? Not my style sir. Never intended to even try, sorry you took it that way.

Hopefully you understand me better now, and why I still want to be seen as Roberta, right now, and not "one of my creed".
Time will tell what I become, as far as a label, on my love for God. So please, dont be so quick to assume, you know what im thinkin.flowerforyou

Fair enough, Roberta. Life has a funny way of testing all of us-- if we're lucky, it's a long strange trip to places we sometimes never planned on going. And if we lose our faith along the way, there is often a reason we only understand after a loss.

Remember-- God sometimes writes straight with crooked lines. :)

-Kerry O.

KerryO's photo
Tue 11/08/11 02:02 PM

It's easy to defend your so-called "massacres". And to defend your so-called "slavery". That is, if you can get past the standard "free-thinker" mentality.....

Of course it is. All one has to do is post it on the Internet and declare it to be true.

Works well, too, as long as you're preaching to the choir. Or oneself.

But hey, just get some religious nuts to start killing people again in the name of God, or kidnapping people into slavery. Then get back to us and let us know how that worked out.

-Kerry O.

KerryO's photo
Tue 11/08/11 02:07 AM

I might also add that telling unbelievers that they can't do things like run for a public office, declaring 'A War On Atheism' or censoring free speech are tricks your creed pulls in America, not mine.

I may be new to this section, but ive been on Mingle for over 3 years, sir.

As far as "my creed",

I do not believe, it is acceptable, for believers to tell nonbelievers, that they cant do ANYTHING, no matter what it is!

Personally,

I feel that everyone, has the right, to believe anything they want, anytime they want, and shouldnt worry, about what everyone else, is doing.

So dont lump "ME" in with a bunch of actions, I dont support, or would never take. And I know plenty of Christians, who also take the same stand, that I do,

live and let live!

Not all Christians feel the same way sir, and if those actions were taken against nonbelievers, I had no part in it.

That would be like you, holding me responsible for slavery, when I dont have a prejudice bone, in my body. And never will.

With all due respect sir, "check yourself, before you wreck yourself".

You dont know me at all, and I do have a rather unique stand about religion, so dont fail to consider me as an individual, and put me into a group of radical religious people.

My name is Roberta. Nice to meet you. Try getting to know me, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Have a wonderful day!:heart:

Well again, Roberta, I'm merely disagreeing with you and holding out, as evidence for my position that one can learn more morality and beneficial knownledge from other sources, things that people have done in the name of Chirst and have used the Bible to justify.

Slavery is a good example. Even our Founding Fathers weren't immune from its wiles. The Bible flat out condones it.

As stated in my last post, the Bible also condones mass murder as long as it was ordered by Old Testament Fundy God. Yet, the same Moses who was commmander of the armies who slaughtered the people of his own wife, brought down from the mountainside stone tablets inscribed with, among other rules, 'You must not kill.'

My grandparents were Fundies, yet they were very racist and could site Bible verses that they claimed justified their prejudice.

That's basically all I'm saying: that one can interpret the Bible to justify all kinds of evil, and that more wars and killing have happened because of a clash of beliefs than for almost any other cause except for the lust for power. And in doing so, I'm showing you why I, who was raised Christian, can't abide its many contradictions and its version of 'Truth'.

So as far as laying a guilt trip on me? Won't work, I know all the arguments and answers from having spent a lifetime of my own family having done the same. :) And I still love them even though they can't fathom how I got to be 'the way I am.' They still came to see me in Intensive Care when I almost didn't make it, and I'd do the same for them.

Because in the end, that's all the really matters-- our connections to our own humanity and our abilities to relieve suffering, not some book that men wrote a long time ago.

-Kerry O.

KerryO's photo
Sun 11/06/11 01:58 PM

JMO, but I'd say one can learn a LOT more about human nature reading Milton's Paradise Lost than listening passively to Christian rock bands.

For instance:

Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe.

-Kerry O., "Turn off the iPod and pick up a Kindle."

I spend my entire Sunday after church reading the bible, till bedtime, no music.:angel:

And what are YOU saying now?surprised

Im not allowed to do both?whoa

No, I was quoting a passage from Milton. You're new here, so you don't know about the past discussions about 'The Paper Pope' or the O.T. massacres sanctioned by your God (which, BTW, none of your compatriots has ever successfully defended against).

I might also add that telling unbelievers that they can't do things like run for a public office, declaring 'A War On Atheism' or censoring free speech are tricks your creed pulls in America, not mine.

-Kerry O.

KerryO's photo
Sun 11/06/11 04:28 AM
JMO, but I'd say one can learn a LOT more about human nature reading Milton's Paradise Lost than listening passively to Christian rock bands.

For instance:

Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe.

-Kerry O., "Turn off the iPod and pick up a Kindle."

KerryO's photo
Sat 11/05/11 07:12 PM

An article on Infowars reports: “New street lights that include Homeland Security applications including speaker systems, motion sensors and video surveillance are now being rolled out with the aid of government funding.
The Intellistreets system comprises of a wireless digital infrastructure that allows street lights to be controlled remotely by means of a ubiquitous wi-fi link and a miniature computer housed inside each street light, allowing for security, energy management, data harvesting and digital media, according to the Illuminating Concepts website.”

“According to the company’s YouTube video of the concept, the primary capabilities of the devices include energy conservation, homeland security, public safety, traffic control, advertising, video surveillance.”

We seem to be rapidly marching into the world of the surveillance state. While it may make it easier to solve crimes with omnipresent cameras in every streetlight, do we want our government watching us from the moment we step out our front doors?

Even more sinister is the idea of microphones with government bureaucrats listening to our personal conversations. This at least should convince people to resist any sort of “hate speech” law. Imagine some fat Black woman sitting in a government office listening for any unflattering remark about illegal aliens.

Add to all this, computer software that can read your license plate number or facial recognition software that can connect your name to your face anywhere in public.

What does this all this mean? It means we need to get serious about putting an end to the as the two-party system.

If the 'government bureaucrats' were really that interested, they already have something much more efficient for the purpose.

It's called 'Facebook'.

Or, like this dialogue from the tee vee show Dead Like Me:

George Lass: You ****! You're sending me to Hell?"
Rube The Grim Reaper: Don't flatter yourself, you're not that interesting.

-Kerry O.

KerryO's photo
Tue 11/01/11 04:54 PM
I think that if anyone took the trouble to check, more illegals have been deported by Obama's Dept of Justice in the three years he's been in office than for the entire 8 years under Bush/Cheney.

And _another_ Texas Governor of more recent vintage wearing the Conservative Uniform (or should I say 'flying the Conservative Jolly Rodger?:) has flip-flopped on his support of the Dream Act, giving the children of illegals money to go to college at a time when natural born citizens are finding it increasingly VERY difficult to get the same for their children.

-Kerry O.

KerryO's photo
Sun 10/30/11 05:44 AM

Tennessee state troopers for the second straight night arrested Wall Street protesters for defying a new nighttime curfew imposed by Republican Gov. Bill Haslam in an effort to disband an encampment near the state Capitol.

You have to wonder how this country would have turned out had Fox News been in business during colonial days. How about:

Redcoats, for the second straight night, arrested people dressed like Native Americans for dumping tea into Boston Harbor and for defying a new nighttime curfew imposed by the King of England in an effort to disband an encampment near the Governor's mansioin.

I wonder if our OP thinks THOSE people should have been 'In Jail Where They Belong'?

-Kerry O.

-

KerryO's photo
Sat 10/29/11 05:08 AM

Don't fool yourself, yes there is.

any evidence of that?

It was on Fox News, so it's now a Law of Nature like pi (which means it goes on forever and ever and ever....).

And it's kind of funny that this same 'news' media is playing the guilt-by-association card, since one of its part time employees who lost a national election and then quit a high government position to do what is essentially the flip side of the coin. I'm sure that employee would say that 'It's not the money, but the principle of the thing'.

In other words, it's the money.

-Kerry O., "There's going to ba alot of people with American Pi on their faces before this election cycle is through."

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25