Community > Posts By > Zapchaser

Zapchaser's photo
Sun 05/10/09 08:50 PM

Just a few points:

The problem here was not really about guns, it was about the people who used them and their obvious lack of brain power.

The gun used was a 12 gage shotgun. This gun is legal even in England and Canada. Few gun control laws want to list shotguns unless they have a sawed off barrel under eighteen inches long.

The police in England historically did not carry handguns but commonly do now in any situation where they think they might need one. They also carry military full auto assault weapons if needed.

The land the vehicle was shot on was reported as "belonging to the subdivision". This is not public property. If true, it would be by definition, private property.

The use of guns by private citizens is what gave all of us the right to live under the laws we now enjoy and was so important controls over the government's ability to remove that right from us was added to our constitution.

There is no possible conceivable way to remove firearms from the hands of criminals except by excution after being caught.

None of that is solace to this family and the many others who have lost innocents to legal gun owners.

None of that is solace to the family and the many others who have lost innocents to legally licensed drunk drivers. Two idiots with a weapon. It was a shot gun. Could have used a ball bat. Should we then ban ball bats?

Zapchaser's photo
Sun 05/10/09 08:45 PM

I can see no one cares about this family at all. Everyone is too selfish to see the problem and the unjust acts committed on many occasions by people that we have given the right to carry weapons.

We have given these people the right to kill innocents. There is a problem here.

People just cannot show any empathy for this terrible terrible act.

How selfish of you to claim you are the only one who can feel bad about the situation! How can you claim that the only ones capable of empathy are those who agree with you? That is rude, ignorant and offensive!

I have yet to see any empathy. So call it what you will and I will also.

I have yet to see any empathy for this family who lost a son to legal gun owners when he did nothing wrong.

Empathy or sympathy?

Zapchaser's photo
Sun 05/10/09 08:40 PM

Even internet news media can be biased. Where does it end? How does one determine biased media from the unbiased?

I wasn't referring to any news source's bias. I was looking at the issue from a business point of view. Creative mentioned small town papers and I said that it is not only easier but a definite money maker from ad revenue due to the fact that the internet site is nearly free so overhead is very low versus maintaining presses, operating personnel, vehicles, building, etc. etc.

Zapchaser's photo
Sun 05/10/09 08:25 PM

I guess I am the only one who can truly feel for others.

Sad to see.

No feeling necessary if one simply opens their eyes. A person can paint whatever truth they desire with their eyes closed but they are the only person in the gallery to enjoy their handy work.

Zapchaser's photo
Sun 05/10/09 08:20 PM

so gun control laws will keep the bad guys from getting them? the bad guys don't get them legally anywaylaugh

It will help to start the control. Slowly there will be less available.

Fuc*ing brainless liberals. The hypocrisy is thick in here. Time to go throw up.

I'm not a liberal so what?

OK so I was half wrong? bigsmile

Just a BHOBNer.
Nice pup, Zapchaser. Trade you a cute goat for her.laugh laugh

I thought that pic was cool! It could apply to a cat as well. drinker

Zapchaser's photo
Sun 05/10/09 08:14 PM
Edited by Zapchaser on Sun 05/10/09 08:16 PM

so gun control laws will keep the bad guys from getting them? the bad guys don't get them legally anywaylaugh

It will help to start the control. Slowly there will be less available.

Fuc*ing brainless liberals. The hypocrisy is thick in here. Time to go throw up.

I'm not a liberal so what?

OK so that statement is half wrong? bigsmile

Zapchaser's photo
Sun 05/10/09 08:10 PM
Edited by Zapchaser on Sun 05/10/09 08:15 PM
The gun was innocent. The idiot was guilty of pulling the trigger.

Zapchaser's photo
Sun 05/10/09 08:05 PM

that doesn't stop the gangs and other bad guys from getting gunsslaphead what about the innocent lives caught in a drive by etc?

the couple will be prosecuted because of their stupidity. the family wasn't on private property.

You can prosecute them till high heaven, even kill them and it doesn't bring that child back so there will be no solace for that family.

Neither brings back a friend who died in a car accident by an idiot driver. I am not demanding to ban cars.

Like I said the family would have been better off had the crazies tried to hit them with a car.

Crazies! laugh
Check what your other three fingers are pointing at. huh

Zapchaser's photo
Sun 05/10/09 08:01 PM

A seven year old young man went out for a day of riding the fun toys and doesn't come home.

How can one justify it?

This is my problem with guns. Innocents who lose their lives.

This child is gone now having done nothing wrong.

Until we can insure that inept individuals cannot get their hands on guns there needs to be more control over this.

Where do you stand on driving a one ton missile down the road after drinking? Check the stats! How many innocent people die each year at the hands of a drunk driver? One backwoods hillbillie tags a kid on his property and yes, it was pure stupidity on his part, but then he IS a hillbillie, and you are up in arms and screaming for a freedom to be removed? Lack of common sense annoys me.

Zapchaser's photo
Sun 05/10/09 07:47 PM
Edited by Zapchaser on Sun 05/10/09 07:51 PM

Ya'll are missin' an opportunity!!! :wink:

Newspapers are becoming extinct? It'll never happen!

Only because no one is filling the void!

It is an untapped resource in smaller communities where people want to read local news but have no means!

I disagree. You will find that small towns have been developing their web pages to include local news where a costly weekly paper publication can be turned into a daily read via the internet. Newspapers cost money to print and the majority of their revenue is generated from advertising dollars, not subscriptions. Not a huge ad base in a small town so a web page is the way to go unless you need something to line a bird cage with?

Even in this day and age not everyone has access to the internet.

Not yet, but they will. Newspapers will obviously die a slow death, except for the grocery store rags. There will always be a market for the bon bon eating crowd with their beehive hair-do-s and makeup that was applied with a putty knife and a spray can that like to paruse that crap.

Zapchaser's photo
Sun 05/10/09 07:36 PM

Ya'll are missin' an opportunity!!! :wink:

Newspapers are becoming extinct? It'll never happen!

Only because no one is filling the void!

It is an untapped resource in smaller communities where people want to read local news but have no means!

I disagree. You will find that small towns have been developing their web pages to include local news where a costly weekly paper publication can be turned into a daily read via the internet. Newspapers cost money to print and the majority of their revenue is generated from advertising dollars, not subscriptions. Not a huge ad base in a small town so a web page is the way to go unless you need something to line a bird cage with?

Zapchaser's photo
Sun 05/10/09 07:13 PM
A bunch of young men and women, hormones in high gear, and throw in the closeness of camaraderie and gosh! I can't imagine why such a thing would happen.glasses

Zapchaser's photo
Sat 05/09/09 07:43 PM

That is one hell of a TALL order nogames...

Not that I completely disagree...

:wink:

What would step #1 be?

(Steve opens the first can of worms) Flat tax.

LOL!
Now Steve, you know a flat tax isnt fair!

How would a flat tax on income (not wages alone) not be fair?

Zapchaser's photo
Thu 05/07/09 04:17 PM

Jobs saved winx!
Part of another campaign promise kept!

Sheeple? noway

Zapchaser's photo
Thu 05/07/09 04:15 PM
Edited by Zapchaser on Thu 05/07/09 04:18 PM

Isn't it about saving jobs and communities?

If you save a job that is overpayed in the first place, said job is producing a product that is oversaturated in the market place (and therefore will not sell in numbers sufficent to even pay for the workers you must pay)... and worse manufacturing a product that even the stupidest person on earth knows we must stop making... (since the resources for such things grows the less with each day)

What exactally are you saving?

If a community has built itself around a single industry that community has place its eggs in a single basket.

Even small children know this is not a good thing to do.

If they fail then it be time to move on to other more worthwhile projects.

Did you just insinuate that winx is stupider than a small child?

Uh, that would be "more stupid" than a small child. Stupider? laugh Ah yes, the irony of life.bigsmile I don't believe AB was linking winx. drinker

Zapchaser's photo
Sun 05/03/09 08:32 PM

Seems to me that everyone missed this part,

"outlining an administration plan to amend the Bush administration’s system to provide more legal protections for terrorism suspects."

Meaning the trials will not be run by the Bush rules.
They will be fair this time and speedy!

The idea is to sort through the group as fast and fairly as possible. Wean out the menacing from the innocent and clear Gitmo for closure.
End its use as a torture camp!

Clean up the Bush embarrassment!

Fair and speedy? I'm for that!
Fair: You were shooting at coalition soldiers.
Speedy: BANG!
Next!
drinker

Zapchaser's photo
Sun 05/03/09 04:01 PM

That is one hell of a TALL order nogames...

Not that I completely disagree...

:wink:

What would step #1 be?

(Steve opens the first can of worms) Flat tax.

Zapchaser's photo
Sun 05/03/09 05:09 AM

The free trade agreement started the downfall of our economic system.

Should have tried the Iron Curtains. It sure helped the Soviets.

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Zapchaser's photo
Sat 05/02/09 07:31 PM

Clinton was taxing companies 55%.That's when companies started taking their companies overseas.You want companies to stay here loosen the tax and environmental red tape.

drinker Common sense. Corporations need to be profitable. It's as simple as that. Tax the hell out of them. Let the unions jack wages beyond what the market will bear and then b!tch when they pull up stakes and go elsewhere to be profitable? What the hell? Johnny makes $30.00 pushing a broom for the Widget Company so the company has to raise the price of the widgets to compensate and remain profitable while Janx Zu over in China is making a good wage within the walls of China's economy as their cost of living is lower and his company makes the same type of widget. So what does Johnny do? He saves money by buying the Chinese widget instead of the American one because he wants to enjoy a higher standard of living..... as we all do. Over simplified for a certain individual but you get the point.

Zapchaser's photo
Sat 05/02/09 07:21 PM

They dont care Davy.
We are about to become insignificant to them.

We've already lost most of our Manufacturing ability, and we are close to losing significance as a consumer market!

No money.
No consumer.
No market!

I am often amazed by the flapping gums that have no cranial attachment. I enjoy reading the inane thoughts of those here who know ABSOLUTELY nothing about business but have all of the answers. Hilarious. laugh

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25