Sun 09/11/16 09:22 PM

A camera to capture the special moments

no photo
Fri 09/09/16 10:00 PM

It can be anything personal or creative....pitchfork oops

no photo
Fri 09/09/16 01:34 PM

Welcome back wolfman waving

When I think of serenity as an ongoing journey instead of a destination with a pressing deadline, I actually feel less pressured and more serene :)

In a way , it is the journey of becoming your own best friend and cheerleader.... which involves the role of encouraging yourself to explore ventures that you could be good at, and applauding yourself for the effort. And then there is the other part of friendship which is inspiring and motivating yourself to work on the the areas you are weak at, and applaud yourself for that too.

Thankfully on the days we are too overwhelmed by life to be our own best friend , that's where supportive family and other friends step in

Peggy you Took the words right out of my mouth...
I have been on my own for some time and yes I do want that someone special again to share my life with.... But when it gets right down to it, I like myself and happy with where I am in life..... So I can spend time alone and still be okay...
I try to look at the positive things and not the negative...
That's what I call serenity!!!!

And that's how I'm able to handle things when it is a rough day...

A very smart woman. winking

no photo
Fri 09/09/16 01:32 PM

My life is peaceful now. I think that's why I shy away from adding a new entity into the situation due to fear of disrupting the peace I have now.

It is too easy to just shut the door. Leave room for someone special to enter.

no photo
Fri 09/09/16 01:31 PM

Welcome back wolfman waving

When I think of serenity as an ongoing journey instead of a destination with a pressing deadline, I actually feel less pressured and more serene :)

In a way , it is the journey of becoming your own best friend and cheerleader.... which involves the role of encouraging yourself to explore ventures that you could be good at, and applauding yourself for the effort. And then there is the other part of friendship which is inspiring and motivating yourself to work on the the areas you are weak at, and applaud yourself for that too.

Thankfully on the days we are too overwhelmed by life to be our own best friend , that's where supportive family and other friends step in

Thanks Peggy, nice to be back.

It is a journey but one that is well rewarded smile2 waving

no photo
Fri 09/09/16 11:58 AM

I think for me, in my particular situation anyway, it was just "finding myself" or coming to peace with who I am and realizing I'm a good person, not bragging because I know I can improve with things but I just realized I have to be happy with who I am. After my divorce I felt lost, was deeply depressed and didn't know what to do with my life. Sometimes I wonder if I know even now what I want! What I have come to terms with is that I have my kids and I have myself, I started drawing more, playing guitar more and reconnected with some old friends and made some dear new ones. I think we all have our own view on what our serenity is, it's just finding it... Hope this made sense

For me, It al boils down to liking yourself and being happy with who you are. Once you have that, others will feel comfortable around you and that is all part of having serenity. smile2

no photo
Fri 09/09/16 11:24 AM

There isn't much for me in a life of serenity. I would rather things have a bit more of a mix-up. If you cant step out of your comfort zone,then there isn't much room for growth......

You can still find it out of your comfort zone.

no photo
Fri 09/09/16 11:23 AM

trying to find serenity over 40 years....Where is it?

Hello there wolfman...nice to see you again... hope you are doing well....

I was very surprised when I finally found serenity.... it was in the last place I thought to look...

I just looked within myself and there it was...

Other people may have found it in other places so I'll be curious to see what everyone says...

Thank you my friend, it is nice to be home again after a hectic summer of fires here and US.

The thread appealed to me so thought it would be interesting to hear others view points.

no photo
Fri 09/09/16 10:54 AM

trying to find serenity over 40 years....Where is it?

no photo
Thu 09/08/16 08:59 PM

When you are with someone special ..anytime, anywhere.

no photo
Thu 09/08/16 08:46 PM

Happy Mingling from Vancouver BC Canada

no photo
Wed 09/07/16 09:22 PM

Ringo Starr
Roy Haynes
Neil Peart
Dave Grohl
Alex Van Halen

Gimmie 5 of your favorite BBQ meals.

no photo
Wed 09/07/16 09:14 PM

i am not smiling
thanks

You could if you tried :wink:

no photo
Wed 09/07/16 09:11 PM

live love laugh

Welcome to the forum

no photo
Wed 09/07/16 09:10 PM

never dates, so no issues either. win win.

and my second fairy tale is..........

no photo
Wed 09/07/16 09:07 PM

Plenty of friendships to be made here on the forum. Good luck

no photo
Tue 09/06/16 07:28 PM

My "no no" is very unusual given our "casual sex" culture today, and therefore I'd be pleasantly surprised if ANYONE agrees with me. Anyway, my advice is to NOT go on a date until you know enough about the person via email and phone to determine whether there's a chance of a serious relationship... the way I see it is there is no point in going on multiple dates with strange people and only being concerned about how they look... obviously if you're looking for casual sex, then that's okay... I'm answering this post with the assumption that some people are looking for long term serious relationships.

There are many on here that are looking for the same thing as you are. :wink:

no photo
Tue 09/06/16 07:24 PM

Do you feel there is a difference in being polite and civil, opposed to being nice?

Do you feel some people act polite and civil to fool you into thinking they are nice?

How do you feel????/

my ex is the perfect example of this.. he shows the world a polite and civil, social side whereas he's not at ALL nice behind closed doors!

to me.. two-faced people are extremely dishonest.. and therefore not at all worthy of my trust OR time.. a person should be who they are at ALL times.. mine fooled me into thinking he was the greatest guy in the world.. after marriage.. his Jekyll side emerged and I became his punching bag

mind you.. it taught me a valuable lesson on being more attuned to looking deeper at a persons character and watching for red flags I'd have never looked for before.. :thumbsup:

Seems everyone has to learn the hard way by mistakes in the past. But we all become wiser to all around us.

no photo
Tue 09/06/16 11:53 AM

To be honest....

Caring, loyal

no photo
Tue 09/06/16 11:48 AM

Cake
Cookies
Pumpkin Pie
Candy
All time favorite.....Baked Alaska

Gimmie 5 ways to say...I am sorry!