Community > Posts By > MetroMania

no photo
Fri 11/25/16 07:39 AM

Trump supporters will be talking turkey, while the Clinton supporters are eating crow. And there will be no lobster so we have no use for butter cups.

laugh

no photo
Thu 11/24/16 05:02 AM
How to deal with Trump-hating relatives on Thanksgiving

http://youtu.be/E7yIPuA7zCU/
9:00

Nov 24, 2016
(LANGUAGE WARNING) Gavin McInnes of TheRebel.media has advice for stressed families on this first post-Trump election holiday.

rofl

no photo
Thu 11/24/16 04:14 AM
I think it very odd the way the Press is still bringing up HRC, as if she is significant and necessary to our existence.
But, not mentioning her as far as crimes and prosecution.

Maybe, it is more than a pardon, or to keep the Clinton name alive. Maybe for Chelsea's future, maybe not.

They are yesterday news, so it now,
kind of creepy.

Creepy Clintons spock

no photo
Wed 11/23/16 04:53 AM
After everything he said, he gets taken to a mental hospital, within ONE HOUR.

Were people who called for disruption and called for violence taken away?

Well, he will probably be dead soon.
And most will say " Of couse, he is dead, he is hollywood/ entertainment crazy"

And then somebody can do a thread on the theories WHY, he is really dead.
spock

no photo
Wed 11/23/16 03:40 AM
Edited by MetroMania on Wed 11/23/16 03:37 AM
Maybe, I shouldn't laugh at this - but I am.
Seen 22 articles on it, so far.

If you can't conduct yourself with family and friends, then you can't conduct yourself in public or society.
(Well - that explains the riots.)
Taboo subjects are taboo subjects and polite conversation is polite conversation.

Now I am going to check YouTube and laugh AGAIN.

Suck It Up, Butter Cups

no photo
Wed 11/23/16 03:32 AM
Edited by MetroMania on Wed 11/23/16 03:29 AM
The election is getting people uninvited to Thanksgiving

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/11/21/election-rhetoric-getting-people-uninvited-thanksgiving/94208524/

Sarah-Jane Cunningham knew that her Facebook posts about the election were rubbing her family the wrong way, but she didn’t realize the posts would get her uninvited from Thanksgiving dinner.

The 19-year-old said her mother called a week before Thanksgiving and confronted her about the Facebook posts regarding President-elect Donald Trump.

“She asked me if I was going to be disrespectful to my family, and I told her that it could work either way, Cunningham said. "If the things I am saying are disrespectful to Trump supporters, the things they are saying are also disrespectful to me.”

Cunningham's response got her uninvited to her family’s Thanksgiving dinner in Maine. She said that while her mom later called and tried to make things right, it was too late and she plans to hang out with her two cats in Boston on Thanksgiving.

And she won’t be the only one whose political views earned them the a spot on the uninvited list at family Thanksgiving.

On Twitter, Trump and Clinton supporters-alike shared their stories about getting uninvited from Thanksgiving.

MY NIECE'S INLAWS HAVE UNINVITED HER AND FAMILY TO THANKSGIVING DUE TO THEM VOTING FOR TRUMP!STATING TOO SOON AFTER THE ELECTION!LIBS F-D UP
    — charlie sirigiano (@csirigiano) November 11, 2016

My family uninvited one of my aunts to thanksgiving Bc she voted for trump :joy::joy::joy::joy:
    — Brooke (@BrookeButler0) November 9, 2016

I'm uninvited from thanksgiving dinner on my dads side because I made a political post on facebook not even directly against trump
    — Gab :ramen: (@smoothiekaboody) November 10, 2016

Others, who may have wanted a reason to skip dinner, simply said they were dreading the inevitable alcohol-fueled political discussions.

Dreading thanksgiving tbh. My whole family voted trump & they're just gonna ridicule me bc he won. :eyes:
    — :christmas_tree: Grotty :christmas_tree: (@GrottyChan) November 11, 2016

ugh GOD I'm already dreading the thanksgiving political conversations
    — megan (@m__blair) November 14, 2016

Katelyn Crist, a writer based in Charlotte, N.C., who recently faced criticism after writing about her decision to vote for Trump, tweeted that Trump supporters uninvited to Thanksgiving are welcome at her house.

"We need to get back to a place where we can have civil discourse over a variety of subjects because that’s the we learn and grow," Crist said.

But, for those who are trying to repair relationships with family members they don't agree with, the best strategy may be to avoid hot-button political topics during the holidays, according to Jamie M. Howard,  a clinical psychologist at the Anxiety and Mood Disorders Center of the Child Mind Institute in New York City.

“People do get heated on things they feel passionately about,” she said. “When you enter the conversation, don’t enter it trying to change someone’s mind or prove why you are right and they are wrong. At this point, you aren’t going to change anyone’s mind.”

And if you manage to get yourself back on the invite list to dinner, try to use humor to defuse tense political discussions, but also set boundaries and try to keep the conversation from getting personal.

“I would try to pivot the conversation, say something like “we are all reasonable, smart people here, and yet we still don’t agree, but boy this turkey is good;' something to shift the conversation, especially if there is alcohol involved,” she said.

And while you may be on a hot-streak with the politics posts on social media, you might want to cool-it, says James Lomax, a professor in the Menninger Department of Psychiatry and Behavior Sciences at Baylor College of Medicine.

Social media gives people the illusion of invulnerability, Lomax said, but what you post today could bite you tomorrow.

“It’s important to remember people read what you say,” he said, adding that especially in this election’s contentious political climate, people are increasingly vulnerable to someone reacting in a volatile way to online posts.

Howard said when families make the decision to discuss politics, they should try to stick to the facts and not personally attack others’ beliefs.

“The history of our country is built on different political parties and people thinking different things,” Howard said. “It pushes us forward, and it’s a good thing people have different opinions than us. If you can stay grounded in that spirit, it is a good thing.”

Or you can also choose to just keep your mouth shut.

"It’s family ... just going to ignore it, and grin and bear it," Cunningham said.

Jamie Howard, PhD | Child Mind Institute

http://childmind.org/bio/jamie-howard-phd/

James W Lomax, M.D. | People | Houston, Texas

http://www.bcm.edu/people/view/james-lomax-m-d/b18cd76e-ffed-11e2-be68-080027880ca6/

no photo
Wed 11/23/16 02:47 AM
Edited by MetroMania on Wed 11/23/16 02:54 AM
"DONALD TRUMP IS GOING TO UNDO OBAMA'S  NET NEUTRALITY INTERNET CENSORSHIP POWER GRAB."
http://youtu.be/cX3BhtqVCO0/
7:22

Net neutrality, beloved by Netflix, looks headed for the ax under Trump

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2016/11/22/trump-team-appointees-indicate-net-neutrality-reversal/94266912/

The days could be numbered for Net neutrality under the Trump Administration.

Net neutrality rules, passed in February 2015 by the Federal Communications Commission and supported by Netflix, Google and other big websites, prevent Internet service providers (ISPs) from blocking and slowing the transmission of content. The contentious issue triggered lawsuits from the ISPs and drew an unprecedented outpouring of public comments.

While Net neutrality wasn't a constant topic for President-Elect Donald Trump as a candidate, he has been an opponent of the regulations, calling the FCC's adoption "a power grab" by President Obama in a 2014 tweet.

And the President-Elect's latest appointments suggest he'll try to bolster that view, supported by telecommunication companies like Verizon and others, by reversing the rules. Jeffrey Eisenach, who joined Trump's transition team in October, and Mark Jamison, a former lobbyist for Sprint, were named Monday as a member of the "Agency Landing" team focusing on the FCC.

Both advisers opposed Net neutrality in the past. Net neutrality "is not about protecting consumers from rapacious Internet Service Providers ... Net neutrality is crony capitalism pure and simple – an effort by one group of private interests to enrich itself at the expense of another group by using the power of the state," wrote Eisenach in a 2014 article on the web site of the American Enterprise Institute, a free enterprise think tank where Eisenach was a visiting scholar from 2012 to 2016.
> More on link

Chinese Tyrant Seeks Global Control After Obama Gave Up Internet

http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/computers/item/24648-chinese-tyrant-seeks-global-control-after-obama-gave-up-internet/ November 16, 2016

Go for it Donald !

no photo
Wed 11/23/16 02:29 AM

Cultural differences are much more influential than Racial/Ethnic differences!

laugh
I am not giving up my food and traditions for anybody. noway

no photo
Wed 11/23/16 02:25 AM

Most of the times it is in your own behaviour, not in him having found someone else at all.

Maybe you've been too easy to win over, too eager, too available, called/texted him all the time as opposed to waiting for him to take the initiative to contact you.
It's usually something like that. Or he's found out he's not that into you.
Big hug...
flowerforyou

I didn't want to say it or ask -

But if a guy feels smothered, chances are he'll walk

no photo
Wed 11/23/16 02:21 AM

No way! We split up for a reason. When it's over it's over, there's no going back, not ever.

:thumbsup: laugh

no photo
Wed 11/23/16 02:06 AM

no inboxing responses

There are so many things to consider other than race

Religion & Sec
Culture
Citizenship
Timing
Children/ Parents
Economic status/ class
Education
Compatibility
Availability
Independence
Emotional stability
Personal / family history

And in the United States, there are so many groups that define themselves as a race, that the census bureau keeps changing the list. (Which only creates more separatism)

So for me - the MORE we have in common the greater the chance of dating actually turning into a relationship and lasting over a year. And there is a lot less drama.

no photo
Tue 11/22/16 12:29 PM

Trump has been a longtime friend of the Clintons.

Trump, through his mother, and Clinton, through her father are related
 Share 18th great-grandparents.
 Ancestor John of Gaunt was son of King Edward III. 1st Duke of Lancaster.

no photo
Tue 11/22/16 12:12 PM
Edited by MetroMania on Tue 11/22/16 12:31 PM

The last great American President! Rest in peace Jack....

Some American historians say,
"He was the LAST president to say the truth about anything "

no photo
Tue 11/22/16 12:09 PM

Nutjob needs to be in a psycho hospital.

It is a long clip. But did you watch it?
I never liked the man, but I now have some respect for what he said.

no photo
Tue 11/22/16 11:59 AM

I only got one thing to tell those racist Black Lives Matter knuckleheads:
WHITE LIVES MATTER, TOO!!

Can't say that here, you'll be labeled a white supremacist.
We have been hearing "there is no reverse racism" for years and years.

I've been labeled all my life so I don't give a rat's arse what other labels anyone pins on me. Not only that but I'm half north african so good luck labeling me a White Supremacist laugh
And reverse racism is an ugly reality, I dgf what they say.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction
- Isaac Newton

Saddle up, your not going this trail alone.

Yes, I know, they"re llamas bigsmile

no photo
Tue 11/22/16 11:47 AM
Edited by MetroMania on Tue 11/22/16 11:47 AM

there is no distraction , just fact

crime and race does not equal hate crime

which I know from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, as well as reading

and yes,, hate crimes have been going on for years, especially since masses of people have convinced themselves of the lack of human value of other groups,,,,,like since americas FOUNDING,,,,frustrated

Like I said..
Distraction and victimization.
Not going to work whoa

Twist it, spin it, mix it, throw it in the air. The topic is the topic and the truth is the truth.

no photo
Tue 11/22/16 11:44 AM

Julian Assuage- WikiLeaks

no photo
Tue 11/22/16 11:37 AM
Edited by MetroMania on Tue 11/22/16 11:41 AM

"JFK Secret Societies Speech
(full version)"
http://youtu.be/zdMbmdFOvTs/
19:43

Dorothy Kilgallen  :sunflower:

no photo
Tue 11/22/16 07:38 AM
not every crime involving race is a hate crime,,,

I was sexually assaulted by a white male after professing that he liked dark meat,, and guess what,, no charge of a hate crime there either

Distraction and victimization.
Not going to work noway

this incident has as much to do with BLM or President Obama as mass killings by whites has to do with the KKK or the sitting president at the time

It is a hate crime and it has been going on for years. Especially the last 8, under Obama and Soros.
NOT a secret. Americans know it and the rest of the world is suddenly paying attention and seeing the lies.

winking

no photo
Tue 11/22/16 07:29 AM
Edited by MetroMania on Tue 11/22/16 07:29 AM
 "THIS IS HUGE! Trump Pardons Hillary! Stabs Supporters In The Back! Breaks Biggest Promise!"

http://youtu.be/wIvSjejRtK4/
5:58

Nov 22, 2016
I hope this isn’t true. Trump made a promise to the American people and he can’t go back on it. If he does he is basically exposing a side of him that his supporters hoped they wouldn’t see. There really are people that are above the law. This is really disturbing. Gowdy, Chaffetz, FBI agents, and the American people have been stabbed in the back! Trump knows she’s guilty as hell. He has Roger Stone, Tom Fitton, Giuliani, etc. There are books written about it. He stabbed all the Women that Bill abused that came out and supported him in the back as well. This would be absolutely disgusting.

what frustrated

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 15 16