Community > Posts By > KeepingTheFaith

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sat 07/19/08 03:05 PM
Thanks, Fade. flowerforyou

According to one of the younger guys that I date, I'm not a Cougar cause I don't "prey" on younger guys...but I do enjoy them!! LOL bigsmile

Either way, it's all good!

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sat 07/19/08 03:01 PM

I didn't have any toys.
If I wasn't born as a male, I wouldn't of had anything to play with

OMG!!! Too funny laugh laugh laugh

For me, it was my Chrissie and Velvet dolls ~ and I loved that pogo stick! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......bigsmile

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sat 07/19/08 02:55 PM
I've observed this thread for a while now and always found it interesting. Don't know if I'm a true cougar, as I date a variety of men of differing ages, but I thought I'd share a funny story that I blame on this site....:tongue:

In my work for a non-profit group we are selling tables for an upcoming event. We are using tiered pricing and a very attractive young man came in the office to give me a check for a "Courage" table. We had a great conversation and hit it off immediately. As we talked I entered the sale on our online sales site and you guessed it....in the comments section I stated that the check was for a "COUGAR" table! Can't imagine what I was thinking....bigsmile

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sat 07/19/08 02:29 PM

Im not sure you can cut the heads off of blow up dolls.

True enough, laugh :tongue: laugh but there's a few "Barbie's" I'd like to take a whack at sometimes! LOL....

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sat 07/19/08 01:45 PM
Thanks for the recommendation, Alexiateigra. I love jazz and the blues! In the last few months I've been able to see both BB King and Etta James, which were both wonderful experiences. I will check out Charmaine Neville though.

However, in the interest of full disclosure...I do have Foo Fighter tickets too! Oye ~ Mamma Mia!!!laugh laugh

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sat 07/19/08 01:39 PM
Very nice...red is your color! That's not a challenge to show you my footies pj pic, is it?!?! Cause I'll be honest, some people just can't handle it! :tongue: :wink: bigsmile

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sat 07/19/08 01:33 PM
<----------Good or bad, all me!

I get what you're saying though....after talking to a Johnny Depp pic for a while, it's a shock to finally see the real pic and it's more like Jubba the Hut. ohwell

I'm not a shallow person, and believe there is MUCH more to a person than looks, but a slight correlation between the pic and you might be nice.:tongue:

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sat 07/19/08 01:11 PM
Isn't it funny how music can get us to do things we normally never would...like pay to see Pierce Bronson sing or climb tons of stairs! :tongue:

I'm lucky in that we had front row, center seats for the play in Denver and were able to look right into the orchestra pit. Like you, Alexiateigra, we were on our feet and dancing at the end. That's what I loved the most....the music freed everyone to just be themselves, be happy, and be in the moment. I even got my groove on at the movie theater last night, swaying in my seat and singing along!! Way to fun.....even if I looked like a goof! laugh :wink:

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sat 07/19/08 01:03 PM
Edited by KeepingTheFaith on Sat 07/19/08 01:05 PM
You've answered your own question, Lilbug. flowerforyou

While you are wise to look at the whole picture before making this major decision, what if you don't take this chance on life and happiness?!? Don't let your fear paralyze you. Take the time you need, talk to him, work out a compromise that gives you the comfort level you need for your future....then hopefully you can build one together! :heart:

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sat 07/19/08 12:51 PM
Edited by KeepingTheFaith on Sat 07/19/08 12:51 PM

so, she gives me a big kiss today, and says let's go to your bed. (I only met her the other day.)frustrated

LOL! Well, some people take a while to get started but once they do.....HOLD ON!!! devil devil

If it just took her a while to make up her mind and open herself up to you (speaking figuratively, guys!), that's great! If she's playing games...not cool!

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sat 07/19/08 12:44 PM
I'm more of the "What if I don't" kinda girl. I don't want to live a life filled with regrets, so while I try to make wise decisons I never hold back or refuse to open myself up to life and love.

Then....I jump! I have a few scars, but the journey is usually worth it.:heart:

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sat 07/19/08 12:39 PM
For some reason she's holding back. If you think she's worth it, try to find out why.

If not, find someone who will value and respect the time and effort you're willing to give. Either way ~ good luck! flowerforyou

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sat 07/19/08 12:36 PM
Maybe some just want to show their mysterious, "dark" side....

Just saying ~ one person's fear could be another person's fantasy! flowerforyou

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sat 07/19/08 12:23 PM

Thanks to the OP for this topic -- it's been comforting to read that there are others who share the same thoughts and feelings about what it takes to make love work. It can be disheartening to hear the same excuses over and over and over, but the comments of the posters here have restored my faith just a little ... so to all of you - and to finding love, despite the obstacles! drinker

Hear, hear.....and I was serious about that "blueprint" thing I mentioned. If anyone has one, send it my way! I WILL share...

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sat 07/19/08 12:14 PM
I saw it last night and LOVED it! I'd seen the play in Denver and Las Vegas, so was anxious to see if the movie measured up! It was great!

Although it won't win any Oscars and the singing wasn't always the greatest, it was charming, funny, entertaining and just what I needed! A great feel-good movie, especially if you don't take things to serious and love the music of ABBA!

I give it two thumbs up and a think everyone should "Take a Chance" on this movie....:tongue:

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sat 07/19/08 12:06 PM
When he tries to tear down who you are because he doesn't know who he is yet. ohwell

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sat 07/19/08 12:01 PM

I've had people contact me, but not to change anything....been lucky there because i have been given complements on my profile....

its the ones i contact & after trying to be positive & initiate a conversation, they just read & delete my message with no response....that hurts....happened yesterday actually...

How do you improve on perfection? :wink: As for gals that won't respond...their loss! Don't "change" a thing, my friend! flowerforyou

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sat 07/19/08 11:58 AM
Edited by KeepingTheFaith on Sat 07/19/08 12:18 PM
If a little "hot air" in a relationship is a deal breaker, we are ALL in trouble!!

I would hope that I'm not that shallow...

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sat 07/19/08 11:53 AM
Edited by KeepingTheFaith on Sat 07/19/08 11:54 AM

what I want to know is why isnt redshirt wearing a red shirt???noway laugh laugh laugh laugh

I think he's saving it for a woman that has "time for love!" :wink: :tongue: Kinda like my footie pajama's!! LOL...

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sat 07/19/08 11:46 AM

Hell, I even turned off my cell phones and blackberry when we were together! Now THAT'S love! :tongue: :wink:

No that is called being polite....

Speaking of things that don't exist anymore......flowerforyou