Community > Posts By > KeepingTheFaith

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Thu 06/19/08 09:14 PM

Did you adopt by any chance? I hope so...

A great resource for all guys is the National Fathers Rights site at http://www.dadsamerica.org/resource.htm Hope that helps! flowerforyou

I have been looking ALL OVER for that! THANKS!!!

Glad it helped someone, Spaceman. flowerforyou Hang in there Alterego ~ our thoughts are with you & the girls!

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Thu 06/19/08 09:02 PM
Did you adopt by any chance? I hope so...

A great resource for all guys is the National Fathers Rights site at http://www.dadsamerica.org/resource.htm Hope that helps! flowerforyou

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Thu 06/19/08 12:45 PM
The "melting pot" we affectionately call America! flowerforyou

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Thu 06/19/08 12:42 PM

i wasn't fired.......i got um laid offlaugh laugh

LOL ~ I admire your ummmmm......commitment....to service!

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Thu 06/19/08 12:39 PM

i was a volunteer for the sexually deprived

I heard about that....never knew a volunteer could be fired though!!! LOL ~ j/k! :tongue: laugh flowerforyou

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Thu 06/19/08 12:35 PM
Big Brothers, Big Sisters - Youth Mentoring Program
http://www.bbbs.org

Americorps/Citizen Corps - Community Enrichment Programs
http://www.americorps.org/

The Women's Foundation - Empowerment program for woman & girls

I tend to get involved with youth, women and family programs that are about empowerment, not entitlement. That way we all walk away feeling like we did something that really matters, for the long-term, greater good! flowerforyou

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Thu 06/19/08 12:25 PM
That I can look back with no regrets. :heart:

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Thu 06/19/08 12:14 PM
I will cook, he can clean up; I will wash, he can fold.

Creative compromise ~ leaves more time for the fun stuff!:wink:

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Thu 06/19/08 11:52 AM
"My life experiences have taught me that you don't lose until you quit trying."

-- Sammy L. Davis, Congressional Medal of Honor recipient and the "real" Forrest Gump

Don't lose heart...and don't give up! flowerforyou

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Thu 06/19/08 11:43 AM
I suggest that you give it a little while longer, but change your approach! Forget the "pity parties and depresing messages" and let people see more of the real you.

Express an opinion, laugh a little, learn from other people's experiences and have some fun with it! drinker

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Wed 06/18/08 11:46 PM

yea, we have lost some good people ,recently i havent been around much myself either ! im fighting a flood right now , levee is holding so far .indifferent

Well folks, heading off to bed. Thanks for the thoughtful convo.

And Chevy....good luck with the levee! flowerforyou :wink:

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Wed 06/18/08 11:43 PM
Admirable, DestinysDream. If it helps, you might want to check out this link as a model that seems to be working in Denver. It's always nice to know that some folks are trying to do it right.....

http://www.stapletononline.com/CommDirectory/CommDocs/Stapleton_Affordable_Housing_Plan.pdf

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Wed 06/18/08 11:29 PM

I want to start a non-profit organization for teenage girls.

Long before the movie "Bucket List," I created my own Life List.

I've done many of the things on my list, like skydiving and swimming with the dolphins, but at this point in life I would really like to get to the place where I can start my own non-profit foundation dedicated to help others. flowerforyou

That is really cool. I want to help low income individuals and families without credit afford their own houses. One of the reasons I picked my major was to make that happen.

Very nice! What's your major?

Have you ever read the book, "The Perfect Gift." It's a nice tie in to building on the desire to help others, for all the right reasons too. Great post ~ thanks! flowerforyou

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Wed 06/18/08 11:13 PM

Faith you profile is very nicely written. I wiped mine out a few months ago.

Thank you! I know it's a shocker, but I get messages saying I'm to serious and should just talk about sex if I want a man! LOL...guess that explains why I'm still single! :tongue:

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Wed 06/18/08 11:10 PM
Long before the movie "Bucket List," I created my own Life List.

I've done many of the things on my list, like skydiving and swimming with the dolphins, but at this point in life I would really like to get to the place where I can start my own non-profit foundation dedicated to help others. flowerforyou

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Wed 06/18/08 11:01 PM

Hello Thumper. I am still around, but I rarely post now because the threads are all so stupid, & if I find one I care to post in it is usually taken over by rude & mean people, or I am ignored. This site is nothing like it was 6 months ago.

I haven't had the chance to interact with you LittleRedHen, but would agree with your assessment of the site these days. The sad thing is that there's room for all of us, the stimulating and the ummmmm.....stimulating!

As in life, we allow the "vocal minority" to set the standard. Hopefully we can change the tide and make room for all types of conversation and not allow the cyber-bullies to rob us of meaningful interaction. flowerforyou

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Wed 06/18/08 10:44 PM

How about discussing what you do when you feel like you are running on empty, and everyone wants something from you. We all feel that way from time to time. flowerforyou

How do you "re-fill your tank" when this happens? Is it the stimulating conversation Thumper is talking about, where you actually connect with another person? A "laugh 'til you cry" moment...or just a good cry?

When you yearn for more, what do you do to fill the void?

When I get like that I usually just have to take a step back and get away from everybody. I try to disappear and regroup. I tend to get frustrated when I'm put in a postion where everyone is looking for me to help them. Happened recently to me actually, bought a plane ticket and went to see my parents...just left my world behind. Didn't even make a phone call to anybody back home.
When I'm helping everyone else a lot of time I let my own stuff go and then I become useless to everyone and my own life becomes unorganized. When I disappear like that I get the chance to work on me and not everyone else. I also get input from my parents who are the ones who love me the most and usually have the best advise for me.

I do that too, and think it's important. My brother says I'm the only girl he knows who says she needs "time alone in the cave." That's especially important if you are used to a little me time! I'm pretty social, and have a fairly public type job, so taking the time to re-charge (and not feel guilty about it!) is important. I also seek out those who WANT to having meaningful conversation....that energizes and stimulates me!

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Wed 06/18/08 10:32 PM
Edited by KeepingTheFaith on Wed 06/18/08 10:33 PM
Beautiful, Thumper. Thank you for sharing those sentiments about your daughter and the love of a child. So true!

It's amazing that despite the pain most of us have experienced due to divorce/bad relationships, the one good thing that comes from it is our kids. :heart: That unconditional love, forgiveness, and faith in us is pretty inspiring!

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Wed 06/18/08 10:26 PM
Don't mind a little public affection, but not the "get a room" kind....usually!!! :tongue:

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Wed 06/18/08 10:23 PM
How about discussing what you do when you feel like you are running on empty, and everyone wants something from you. We all feel that way from time to time. flowerforyou

How do you "re-fill your tank" when this happens? Is it the stimulating conversation Thumper is talking about, where you actually connect with another person? A "laugh 'til you cry" moment...or just a good cry?

When you yearn for more, what do you do to fill the void?