Community > Posts By > KeepingTheFaith

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Wed 06/04/08 04:30 PM
It is a cute song, but short! We could come up wth our own, more true-to-life lyrics though. Kinda like:

Hey there Lonely girl, my lonely girl,
Why must you chose men who can't be true;
Lonely girl, my lonely girl,
Don't you know they will just use you?

Not quite so sugar sweet, but thought you might like that DT! I doubt Donny Osmond will sing THAT version!! :tongue: laugh :tongue:

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Wed 06/04/08 04:20 PM

...Oh, how I long to take your hand
And say don't cry
I'll kiss your tears away

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Wed 06/04/08 04:14 PM
"Hey there lonely girl, my lonely girl;
Don't you know this lonely boy loves you!"

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Wed 06/04/08 02:08 PM
Almost every job I've ever had I was convinced for the first two weeks that I had made a huge mistake and would never "get it right."

That passes and then YOU end up being the one to train the new guy!flowerforyou

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Wed 06/04/08 11:30 AM
I'm good, Robert. How are you?

Get into any trouble lately that you couldn't "UNDO?" :tongue:

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Wed 06/04/08 11:22 AM
I deactivate from time to time for work too, but usually tell the people on my "friends" list so they don't take it personal. Most keep in touch off-line anyway. :tongue:

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Wed 06/04/08 11:19 AM
Nice....love a clean shaven man!! flowerforyou

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Wed 06/04/08 11:14 AM
It's not an actual "UNDO" button, but my sons and I have always had a "reset" button we use if we are having a bad day, one of us is grouchy, or we just need to clear the air.

More often than not when I'm scolding or in full "Mom mode" they will hug me and say "Reset, Mom!" Dang it!!! But it does make me stop and think about what I'm saying and how I'm communicating with them. :heart: It's been a good communication tool over the years.

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Wed 06/04/08 09:26 AM
Here's to ALL our heroes, who live their lives in such a way that we are inspired, encouraged and motivated to be the best we can be!

drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker

And even if it's just for today, may each of us live to be someone's hero! flowerforyou

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Wed 06/04/08 08:52 AM
Edited by KeepingTheFaith on Wed 06/04/08 08:53 AM
I am very lucky in that I literally get to work with heroes every day! I have found that they come from all walks of life and are a steady source of inspiration for me.

At the top of my list of heroes, I would place Colonel Robert Howard. He is a veteran who was recommended for the Medal of Honor on three separate occasions for three individual actions during a thirteen month period. He is the most highly decorated combat soldier in U.S. military history. Beyond his service to others, his bravery, and his valor - his commitment to our youth, his dedication to our veterans, and his love of country despite witnessing the ravages of war first hand and coming home to a country that did not appreciate his sacrifice at the time...this man is a true hero!

He is also the most humble, dignified person I've ever met. On my list of heroes, his name shines even brighter than the medals on his chest!

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Wed 06/04/08 08:30 AM
I consider myself a pretty modern woman, but in all honestly I would have a problem with him going to a strip club if we were in a committed relationship.

There are things we can do, and he can see, at home that should keep him occupied and entertained! devil

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Wed 06/04/08 08:23 AM
Currently 59 degrees in Denver, CO with a forecasted high of 74. It's a little cloudy with the possibility of rain...but no hail this time!!drinker

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Tue 06/03/08 06:24 PM
Neil Pert is no slouch either!drinker

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Tue 06/03/08 06:10 PM
Ms. Pacman, Donkey Kong, and Tron! drinker

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Tue 06/03/08 03:07 PM
I think it has something to do with this thing we call "life!" flowerforyou

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Tue 06/03/08 03:00 PM

I had never been stood up until recently. I was dating a guy for seven months and it was going really well (or so I thought!) We had plans to meet for dinner than go to a concert. He never showed. I called 'cause I was worried something had happened, but got voicemail. Thinking he might still show, I ate dinner, then went to the concert ALONE...and have been ever since.

I still wonder why he just couldn't talk to me. If nothing else just out of respect for what we had shared. ohwell

Pretty painful experience and I will always wonder, but life goes on, right?

He must have been married.What a jerk!

Nope...just "spooked." ohwell

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Tue 06/03/08 02:51 PM
I had never been stood up until recently. I was dating a guy for seven months and it was going really well (or so I thought!) We had plans to meet for dinner than go to a concert. He never showed. I called 'cause I was worried something had happened, but got voicemail. Thinking he might still show, I ate dinner, then went to the concert ALONE...and have been ever since.

I still wonder why he just couldn't talk to me. If nothing else just out of respect for what we had shared. ohwell

Pretty painful experience and I will always wonder, but life goes on, right?

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Tue 06/03/08 01:37 PM

you should water your own grass and it will look just as green.
grumble grumble flowerforyou flowerforyou frown

That's the secret to a healthy "lawn!" Oh...and picking someone who doesn't just want to play on your grass!

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sun 06/01/08 08:41 PM
<----------Serious jokester! :tongue:

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sun 06/01/08 05:00 PM
But imagine the fun you'll have swinging for the fence.....just watch out for the "foul balls" and for heavens sake, don't rush the mound! laugh