Community > Posts By > KeepingTheFaith

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Wed 06/18/08 09:36 PM
I'd take the cash, then invite him over to count it with me! :tongue:

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sat 06/14/08 02:03 AM
Edited by KeepingTheFaith on Sat 06/14/08 02:09 AM

Hi, Mandy.

Denver/Aurora here! I've met some great Colorado folks on this site, and date a bit too. Prefer locals to LDR. Always fun....drinker

flowerforyou Hi keepingthefaith. So how long does it take to start meeting people on here? Maybe I'm not interesting enough....I keep getting couples and dirty old men messaging me but that's not what I'm looking for, lol. sad I'm just so not sure I should even be on here so the quicker I meet someone who captivates me the better off it will be before I change my mind and never come back here again....

Hey, Mandy.

Don't get discouraged by the pervs. I'm coming up on a year since I joined this site and it's been pretty good so far. I'm not a "serial poster," but do play in the forums a little and use email and IM alot to get to know people. Doing that will increase your exposure and help move things along. Just remember that this is another tool to help you connect with new and interesting people you may not have met otherwise!

I've met some terrific guys and dated quite a bit so far. I've had a few great connections, including one that lasted seven months. Just like relationships in "real time," we didn't make it through but it was still a good experience. I just try to be open to meeting new people and "keep the faith!"

Like most things in life, it takes time...so have fun with it!drinker

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Thu 06/12/08 06:58 PM
What about Odd Hours by Dean Koontz or Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult?

Either way...I'm game!

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Thu 06/12/08 04:23 PM
Edited by KeepingTheFaith on Thu 06/12/08 04:24 PM
Farken' bastages (anyone remember THAT movie?!?!) LOL.....

Don't swear to much, or even substitute, cause Mama always said (in best Forrest Gump voice), "God KNOWS what you really mean!" :tongue: noway :tongue:

Fun topic though!!flowerforyou

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Thu 06/12/08 04:17 PM

I'm unlucky at everything... But I refuse to accept that... so I dig deep and fight to turn it around

That's what I'm talking about. Great attitude! I have no doubt you will GIT-R-DONE!!laugh flowerforyou

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Thu 06/12/08 04:13 PM
Nope!

I guess it's cause I believed my Mom when she told me time and time again that you make your own luck! drinker

Bad things happen to everyone, it's what you do about it that counts. flowerforyou

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Thu 06/12/08 03:59 PM
I've meet some great female friends on this site and enjoy chatting with them via email. Most developed after one of us sends a note of encouragement after reading a post. They aren't necessary on my friends list, but they are in my heart. flowerforyou

Most men I prefer to chat with a bit before adding as friends. I guess the rule of thumb would be, male or female, is this someone I want to include in my inner circle. At least that's how it works for me....it's not a popularity contest in my mind. :tongue:

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Thu 06/12/08 03:49 PM
Edited by KeepingTheFaith on Thu 06/12/08 03:52 PM
Hi, Mandy.

Denver/Aurora here! I've met some great Colorado folks on this site, and date a bit too. Prefer locals to LDR. Always fun....drinker

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Thu 06/12/08 12:53 PM
Sometimes I think the white stuff just hangs around Colorado forever! We still have some here, but the boarders don't seem to mind...LOL! drinker

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Mon 06/09/08 05:09 PM
I regret waiting so long to jump back in the dating pool!

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sun 06/08/08 11:41 PM
Since I joined about a year ago I've dated several local guys and had a great guy fly in from out-of-state too. We still keep in touch, but my focus was on a guy from here that I dated for seven months. We broke up recently, but I'm still glad our paths crossed. I'm better for it and it was a good learning experience.

In the meantime, meeting some great people and having fun!

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sun 06/08/08 11:14 PM
School Spirit and Most Ambitious :tongue:

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sun 06/08/08 10:26 PM
No - poor judgement, lack of self-control, and a willingness to put others in danger are not traits I find desirable in a partner.

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sun 06/08/08 09:49 PM
Two things I always say:

"Anyway" when transitioning to a new topic and "Hmmmmmm" when I was mentally processing something. ohwell

But anyway.....:tongue:

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sun 06/08/08 09:41 PM
He was always trying to tell me how I felt!

Drove me nuts grumble

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sat 06/07/08 10:37 PM
I try to use those moments of lonliness to learn more about myself; to make myself good company!

On occasion I flirt with denial, then tend to fill my life with work and busyness to avoid the issue sometimes. ohwell Getting better about it though...

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sat 06/07/08 08:23 AM
Beautiful, pkh.

A love like that is hard to find, and even harder to forget! brokenheart

May you reach your goal! flowerforyou

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sat 06/07/08 08:16 AM

like hurts your feelings would you still be interested in the person?

ya .. unfortunately I'm in that right now ....... *sigh*

oh me too its a horrible situation uck

:smile:

There are those times though when the hurt goes too deep...case in point, (the little man). And it is during those times when you realize you love yourself too much to allow yourself to be hurt in such a manner by others. Make sense? flowerforyou

That makes perfect sense, shutterbug. In those cases when hurt has been inflected ~ sometimes repeatedly and with intent to be cruel ~ you have to protect yourself and refuse to be treated like that. If you don't protect your heart, you risk losing the capacity to love! Those wounds can rob you of the ability to open yourself to another. That is beyond "hurt feelings," but is often how it starts.

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Sat 06/07/08 08:07 AM
Depends on the situation and the "level of hurt."

If it was a remark or action when we're together I usually call him on it immediately. No drama, just a "Hey, that was a hurtful thing to say," or , "You know, hun, that hurt my feelings." He's usually stunned, cause it's rarely intentional, but then we talk about it and work through it. Sometimes I just took what he said wrong, so we talk to avoid the whole "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" communication trap. That helps me feel better about expressing myself, clears up any misunderstandings, and he doesn't have to be a mind reader! :tongue:

But if he keeps doing it ~ that's a whole different thing!

KeepingTheFaith's photo
Fri 06/06/08 10:41 AM
Edited by KeepingTheFaith on Fri 06/06/08 10:41 AM
Starryeyed,

I'm sorry for the pain you are going through, but the fact of the matter is that lieing to yourself is even worse than the truth! frown That's not a road you want to go down....

You deserve to be loved and cherished ~ THAT is the truth! Settle for nothing less, hun. flowerforyou