Community > Posts By > mrheartfelt

mrheartfelt's photo
Sat 03/19/11 12:11 AM

I will leave it alone because being misunderstood or gone off on is not really necessary. So, I am done and will leave it alone. It is right .I know no one here but me. Peace out.

mrheartfelt's photo
Sat 03/19/11 12:02 AM

I would if there was a positive.

A positive is and attitude and fire. The only way a positive becomes a positive is if YOU allow it to do so. Everything that you do is a desire of yours. If you don't want to do something, that is your attitude. Change your attitude and your desires will reach new heights. it is not as easy as it sounds. You have to work on it each day, especially when you think you have had enough and want to give up.

mrheartfelt's photo
Fri 03/18/11 11:56 PM

Socially, I have learned that you should never be afraid to speak your mind. It may step on people's toes sometime, but that is ok. I have found something I enjoy doing and loveit so much. I don't plan on changing to anything else for the foreseeable future.

mrheartfelt's photo
Fri 03/18/11 11:36 PM

I, as a student of history, always believe that history repeats itself and it has happened many times over.Mr Obama is doing what he has to do in light of events going on. I was taught to respect the President no matter who they are. I don't agree with their views, but I have respect for them because I could never do that job myself. a Lot of responsibilty on that person's shoulders.!!!!

I agree. I respect the office and mostly see the person as a spokesperson for the country. I believe most do the best they can and I dont hold them personally or solely responsible for ANYTHING that doesnt fall under their (very limited) exclusive authority. I do hold them responsibe for the reputation and relationships they keep as 'spokesperson for the US' with other countries and governments.

So the Press Secretary is the spokesman for the spokesman?

LMAO

Yes, just as a press agent speaks for the SPOKESPERSON of a pageant(pageant winner).

sounds silly, but thats precisely right in terms of REAL AUTHORITY.
The president is limited in his REAL AUTHORITY, he is mostly a mouthpiece for certain issues in government and a mediator/representative between governments.

He is the chief executive and commander in chief of the armed forces.

Comparing the president to a pageant winner is VERY silly..

its the simplest analogy I can come up with

yes , he is commander in chief of the armed forces, BUT

even to make treaties or wars, he needs the approval of CONGRESS

because of the checks and balances of our constitution,

CONGRESS IS THE REAL POWER IN THE US

When was the last time congress declared war?

upon research, it looks as if it was 2003, operation iraqi freedom

technically, thats a 'military engagement',.,.. the last FORMAL war appears to be 1941

According to my reading and research, the Congress declared war on Dec 7, 1941 when the Japanese Empire bombed Pearl Harbor. His speech of him declaring war on Japan is heard very often, especially on the Anniversary of December 7th. The other time was with Operation Iraqi Freedom, as stated ealier. Congress usually is the one to declare war. The President has no authority to do so unless Congress says so. System of checks and balances here. I am sure it was mentioned in Civics Class. I just remember having to be drilled on Military history.

mrheartfelt's photo
Fri 03/18/11 07:02 PM

I throughly dislike Country Music, so I guess I am done. after I saw how they treated Charley Pride(African American Country Singer), I just can't have anything to do with it. Way too much begging and crying for me also UGH!!!!

mrheartfelt's photo
Fri 03/18/11 06:59 PM

Dinner!!!

mrheartfelt's photo
Fri 03/18/11 06:58 PM

That is very sweet. I have a hard time liking Marines in general, but that was a nice story. . . I can imagine all the tears that day. How special for that lil girl to have that moment.

Sorry about that. I was and still am a Marine. People ask me all types of stuff and when we go places, I always feel at ease around these youn men and women because they know I am one of them and they also know I will support them.

mrheartfelt's photo
Fri 03/18/11 06:56 PM

If I am not working, about 6 hours per day. Sometimes longer because I listen to old music on my computer with You Tube when I am doing housework and stuff like that.

mrheartfelt's photo
Fri 03/18/11 06:53 PM

Im heading out for one hour, when I come back there better be a rocking party going off in here. . .

I have the University of New Mexico baseball team. Talk about fun!!! They are som big fellas and my bus broke down. These kids do not want a small bus, they want a big one!!!

mrheartfelt's photo
Fri 03/18/11 06:50 PM

Yes we did:banana: Boy did the week fly byohwell

When those fun weeks are there, they disappear. But let it be a week you hate. It goes soooo slow. Have a wonderful evening and weekend Minglers!! I am home next week, no trips. Just good, old fashioned fun posting in the Forums(the funny farmlaugh laugh).

mrheartfelt's photo
Fri 03/18/11 05:17 PM

I believe that if one puts it out there that is what they want , it is cool. I also believe that the truth is a welcome thing. It won't get things misconstrued or damage anything.

However, no one likes to be disrespected and treated like dirt, which is what happens in most of these cases.

Keeping it real, no woman wants a man where all he wants is SEX. Yuck, how much can someone be disrespected?

mrheartfelt's photo
Fri 03/18/11 12:50 PM

IDK that interpret this as what I'd change about the past so much as what I'd change about now

I would prefer to be in a relationship instead of always looking for one or afraid to be in one and I would have more confidence with men

I am with you. No drama,no pain, just plain unadultrated love and understanding between two people. This is one of the main reasons divorce is happening.

mrheartfelt's photo
Fri 03/18/11 12:47 PM

I, as a student of history, always believe that history repeats itself and it has happened many times over.Mr Obama is doing what he has to do in light of events going on. I was taught to respect the President no matter who they are. I don't agree with their views, but I have respect for them because I could never do that job myself. a Lot of responsibilty on that person's shoulders.!!!!

mrheartfelt's photo
Fri 03/18/11 12:38 PM

Maybe I am wrong on this, but I had learned that newspapers like to sensationalize things to sell issues. We have lost a lot of newspapers and stuff over the years because of money. I just hink this is all in the matter of how this is percieved. Perception is really the rule rather than the exception here.

mrheartfelt's photo
Fri 03/18/11 12:31 PM

The ideal I know is one who is kind to others, has friendship in their hearts, will help whether they are asked to or not, keep his fellow man in mind when there are troubles ahead, and is a true "friend " when the time calls for it.

They inspire others to always do the 'right thing" in any situation and to have peace for others to share. So there, it was asked, so now I will tell.waving :laughing: :laughing:

mrheartfelt's photo
Fri 03/18/11 12:18 PM

Learning!!!

mrheartfelt's photo
Fri 03/18/11 12:05 PM

If I could things all over again, I would have retired from the military and made better choices about things when I was younger(including being ready for marriage instead of taking a crash course in stupidity). I also would have probably chosen the career I have now sooner and maybe even gotten a college education when it was way cheaper than now.waving waving

mrheartfelt's photo
Fri 03/18/11 07:25 AM

Creamed egg over toast with juice and coffee. I don't drink coffee that much, but one for her would be cool.

mrheartfelt's photo
Fri 03/18/11 07:22 AM

Good Morning Mr Jeff and Ms.Carold. Weather and TGIF should be good topics. Sun is coming out here after the marine layer burns off later on. University of New Mexico Nen's Baseball here I come!! Have a good day Minglers!!!!

mrheartfelt's photo
Fri 03/18/11 07:17 AM

Good Morning Carold!!!! I guess I don't know about the Texas thread.
I know about Carold though!!! Enjoy your day TGIF!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25