Community > Posts By > mrheartfelt

mrheartfelt's photo
Sat 08/23/14 04:10 PM
"Baggage" is defined as(at least as I see it) an accumulation of all one's past bad experiences that have collected themselves on one's interior space. It is stuff that other people are not willing to deal with, the breaking point. It is this area that relationships and marriages get broken down and fail.

mrheartfelt's photo
Sat 08/23/14 04:05 PM
I heard a policeman on TV when I was in an office with this hate filled rant about Blacks, Gays, Pres Obama, etc This guy went on and on. This was a case of equal opportunity hate: He just did not care who he offended. At least, we know where he stands. And, he at least he did it in the open.

If all cops thought like him, then you wonder why these things have happened? Is this the underlying premise of Ferguson and this spate of police involved shootings? Just another topic of wonder!

mrheartfelt's photo
Sat 08/23/14 03:52 PM
I have read a lot of books on relationships and things as such. Because the Earth is comprised of so many different people, you will have clashes of what is wanted and needed. Of course, each person has different things going for them.

I just think that the ability to understand each other and to have a true commitment to one another is the greatest gift to have in any relationship. If you don't have those, it is doomed to fail. Our ancestors and parents understood this. And this is why couples stayed together so many years in spite of differences in backgrounds, etc.

mrheartfelt's photo
Sat 08/23/14 03:43 PM
Topics like this light fires among the people of the world. I am not religious, but I do believe in a "higher power" because He has graciously allowed me to live through experiences that I was able to.

I am blessed to be able to wake up each morning and have my health, strength, and the ability to reason. I am blessed to be born and to live in the greatest country in the world. And, lastly, to able to have freedom of speech to able to debate this type of thing.

We will always have the space and time to debate these things over and over till the cows come home. I think this causes unnecessary stress, so I just leave them where they lay. I tend to not get involved in debates that much because I have enough experience to know that I just want to be at peace, live in a quality sense and just be able to survive on a quality level.

And that is where it is at with me. Pretty cut and dry, and straight forward.

mrheartfelt's photo
Sat 08/23/14 03:27 PM
I have already seen the aftermath of three wars, so I will probably just stand pat. Wars are all about territory and racism anyhow(WW2 and Viet Nam). I am of the opinion that I will just wait and see. It would be nice to have friends in case something happens to you and that you would have family close by. I just don't really need the extra stress. JMO

mrheartfelt's photo
Sat 08/23/14 03:22 PM
You are still young enough where that should not be a problem.

It is us "old fogies" that would have more worries because they treat us like we are expendable, like trash that they just throw away and replace us with younger folks. Out here in Cali, it is called "at will " employment.

mrheartfelt's photo
Sat 08/23/14 10:46 AM
I have tried to download pictures into the Forums. What am I doing wrong?

mrheartfelt's photo
Sat 08/23/14 10:42 AM
I tried to upload pics with my computer and it made me downsize them. I wound up making them fit really small. I will try it again with larger pics.

mrheartfelt's photo
Sat 08/23/14 10:40 AM
Met Marvin Gaye in Redwood City after a concert he did there.

I got to drive the Brigham Young University Basketball team when they played San Diego State. This was when Jimmer Fredette was there at this time. He was like a rock star or something.

mrheartfelt's photo
Sat 08/23/14 10:35 AM
I may be a bit picky. I would say the pic is fine, but I would also say get some full body pictures posted also.

I would also say a whole lot more info in the open and about me sections. If you leave anything open, they will not assume anything and not bother.

Generality scares women off. Be more specific with what you want and who you are. A profile should be a storehouse for information for women. Best of luck in your quest.........

mrheartfelt's photo
Sat 08/23/14 10:24 AM
There is a size limit for pictures with this website. There is a place online that can resize your pictures for free, It is called Pictureresizer.com You will probably have to downsize the picture to about 500 pixels to have it fit.

mrheartfelt's photo
Sat 08/23/14 10:09 AM
I actually like the intellectual side of a woman. That is the best part. I actually think everything is good if the mind is involved.

mrheartfelt's photo
Sat 08/23/14 10:02 AM
Best of luck in your quest.......

mrheartfelt's photo
Sat 08/23/14 09:45 AM
Ms harmony, I understand what you are saying. I have said that the events have happened already. They have, but it is the backlash for all of it. This year, there really seems to be a high than normal number of Police-involved shootings.

I don't really think there will ever be equal justice because it has not been as far as I know for a long time. I still say that we actually need to see the "big picture". Our ancestors had to put up with more than we ever will have to.

As I have said, these shootings are like a lightning rod because they will draw so many conclusions from so many, including the media. Bad news sells papers and we all know that (at least,I hope we do). Just think od what will happen during our children's adulthood. Scary stuff!

mrheartfelt's photo
Sat 08/23/14 07:11 AM
On line research tells you that you should be smiling in your pictures(I guess they know that smiles attract friendliness and other nice things!) Do you suppose that some people have "angry Profiles"? If they do, then why should they smile? Beautiful attitudes equal beautiful smiles!

mrheartfelt's photo
Sat 08/23/14 06:48 AM
Perhaps with me, I just see all of this as just plain ignorance and some bad decisions thrown in. This is like a lightning rod as all of these type of subjects are. The stuff has already happened, and we will have our suppositions and arguments. I still say the people as a human race is causing all of this. Reeducation, realization, and more knowledge is the key. Time has already passed on these events and we just need to leave it alone because things will play themselves out as the people and media see fit that it should.

mrheartfelt's photo
Sat 08/23/14 06:35 AM

I have been keeping up with this. It is said that we are being portrayed this way. All of this reminds me of the Watts Riots in Los Angeles, Rodney King, etc. Our people were poorly portrayed there too as they were also during the Viet Nam War Era. The only people who can stop this ignorance are the people themselves. I feel for this young man's family. I see the anger and Frustration of all of this. I see people who come over here from foreign countries help each other and work together and get what they need. Our people need to work together, re educate themselves and stop misrepresenting themselves or this stuff will never end. Self education and more knowledge is the key.

more sound advice,, ty

there is more than one way to skin a cat,, so to speakflowerforyou

Your welcome. Glad I can shed some light.flowerforyou :angel: waving

mrheartfelt's photo
Sat 08/23/14 06:32 AM

I have been so offended and angered by what some of my friends on Facebook have said about Michael Brown and the situation in Ferguson (he was a thug, he deserved it, black people destroy their own communities, blacks are criminals, all the police officers in Ferguson should quit because blacks don’t appreciate them and more). I feel as though I don’t know some of my former classmates. You would be shocked if I gave you the quotes, believe me—so heartless and sometimes flat-out racist.

To be honest, my heart is already heavy for Michael’s family and the Ferguson community and for the way we are seen and treated in this country, so sometimes I don’t have the strength to respond, but I’m both hurt and frustrated, not to mention angry. What to do? —Anonymous

Letter and response here

http://www.theroot.com/articles/culture/2014/08/how_to_deal_with_friends_racist_reactions_to_ferguson.html

a snippet of the response below

Thank you for making me think. I know I have to go back a little ways to see these experiences in the light of being a child or young adult. Our world is growing up fast and time is also passing fast. Our people will not exist at the rate this stuff is happening and that will be a sad state of affairs.

mrheartfelt's photo
Sat 08/23/14 06:23 AM

I have been keeping up with this. It is said that we are being portrayed this way. All of this reminds me of the Watts Riots in Los Angeles, Rodney King, etc. Our people were poorly portrayed there too as they were also during the Viet Nam War Era. The only people who can stop this ignorance are the people themselves. I feel for this young man's family. I see the anger and Frustration of all of this. I see people who come over here from foreign countries help each other and work together and get what they need. Our people need to work together, re educate themselves and stop misrepresenting themselves or this stuff will never end. Self education and more knowledge is the key.

more sound advice,, ty

there is more than one way to skin a cat,, so to speakflowerforyou

The problem I see that we as a human race don't really see the "Big Picture". This is where most of the fault in all of this lies. I read a book called " The Mis-education of the Negro" by Carter G. Woodson. This book was written in 1933 and he is talking about a lot of this stuff that is going on right now. So, he knew this before we were even born. Knowledge is Power and Ignorance is Punishment!!!

mrheartfelt's photo
Sat 08/23/14 06:03 AM

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25