Community > Posts By > Bravalady

Bravalady's photo
Fri 01/18/13 01:51 PM
There are some good ones on here.

The bird in the hand, though, I believe is with the idea that once it's in your hand, it can then go into a stew. . . .

Loved the one about flies and crap.

Bravalady's photo
Tue 01/15/13 10:34 AM
Sounds exciting, but who or what is ponch?

Bravalady's photo
Mon 01/14/13 08:04 PM

I've read in this forum a number of times that women decide whether or not they want to have sex with a man within only a few seconds. If this is true, why would you want to put it off? Are you afraid he'll think poorly of you if you have sex too soon? That he won't respect you? Or is it some kind of power play/head game?

Because what a person wants and what might be a good idea are not necessarily the same thing. Letting the head rule the heart is an acquired skill, but it's a worthwhile one.

Bravalady's photo
Mon 01/14/13 07:44 PM

Carold speaks of a "woman will take you for your money". THERE IS NO WAY ANYONE CAN "TAKE YOUR MONEY".

Huh, I guess you haven't experienced the kind of person who will run up your phone bill on multiple long distance calls for a month, then leave you for parts unknown.

Yes, this was when people still had house phones. Not so likely now, I suppose, but still, I just think you've been lucky not to run into people like this. I was lucky I only ran into one.

Bravalady's photo
Mon 01/14/13 07:33 PM
There's only one game men play. "Oh honey I love you so much" until you go to bed with him--then "you're so clingy."

Grrr.

Bravalady's photo
Mon 01/14/13 07:32 PM

B

for boring.

Ditto.

Bravalady's photo
Mon 01/14/13 07:31 PM
I've never been special, because I am a twin.

Bravalady's photo
Mon 01/14/13 07:28 PM
Oh, Dodo, when you quote those words I can still hear his voice ringing out. That got me right in the heart.

Bravalady's photo
Mon 01/14/13 07:20 PM
What is wrong with all the men on this show? They're all acting like idiots so far this year. Especially Matthew. He's not happy unless he's miserable, it seems. God forbid anybody say anything nice about him! He has a fit. The only one who seems to have any common sense is Tom, and he almost created a scene about what to wear to his sister-in-law's wedding. No wonder that society died off.

Bravalady's photo
Sun 01/13/13 11:13 AM
Well, the story was certainly not written as a joke. Harlan Ellison laid his guts on the page in everything he wrote.

Bravalady's photo
Sun 01/13/13 10:28 AM
Walkabout
The Coca-Cola Kid (with a creepy Eric Roberts)
Little Big Man
Solaris (the original in Russian, or maybe Polish?)
The Red Shoes
Smilla's Sense of Snow

I didn't know A Boy and His Dog was made into a movie. That dog looks nothing like what I imagined of the dog in the story, which definitely was not cute. Does the movie show what happened to the girl?

Bravalady's photo
Sun 01/13/13 10:15 AM
About 8 months.

So you're offended that a horde of people haven't answered? And you're also assuming that anyone who doesn't answer isn't interested in dating? I'd back off from both of those if I were you.

Bravalady's photo
Sun 01/13/13 10:11 AM
Ready to start afresh.

Bravalady's photo
Sun 01/13/13 10:09 AM
Some people aren't playing fair. :tongue: And some people are confusing wants with needs. My list:

internet
refrigerator
money
some minimal furniture
a bowl, spoon, and sharp knife
clothing

I actually thought hard about those, which is why I left off books.

Bravalady's photo
Sun 01/13/13 10:02 AM
My father taught us to shoot in the cellar also. It must have been some kind of small hunting rifle, I have no idea what. It wasn't a handgun as he didn't have one. I was sort of interested until I realized how bad I was at it. What I took away from it was the principles of gun safety (which he taught a course in):
- Treat every gun as if it is loaded.
- Never point at anything you don't intend to shoot.
- Be sure of your target before you shoot.
- Keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot.

Bravalady's photo
Sun 01/13/13 09:55 AM
I don't like either of these activities, but burning books is the one that gets me in the gut and makes me worry about tyranny.

Now for more questions: which is worse, burning books or just banning them from, say, a library? Which is worse, burning your country's flag or wearing it as shorts (and I mean the actual flag, not flag-inspired fabric)?

Bravalady's photo
Sat 01/05/13 12:02 AM
Where did this come from? I'd like to read more about it. One thing I'm very confused about is how, if I'm a crow person, I have a bear totem. (Both of these resonate for me, by the way.)

Bravalady's photo
Fri 01/04/13 01:12 PM

I must of turned into a wuss, radio stations don't bother me. I use my toys to try and ensure my date has a good time, rather it be radio or what we do for the evening.

To me as long as its not country or a hockey game; I could care less really what the station is playing unless I am tired and need peppy music to keep me awake. :smile:

Does that really work? And what is "peppy" to you? I have a hard time find lively music that doesn't make me want to gnash my teeth.

Bravalady's photo
Fri 01/04/13 01:09 PM
Women cry more on the outside. In my experience, men cry more on the inside.

Bravalady's photo
Fri 01/04/13 01:06 PM
Edited by Bravalady on Fri 01/04/13 01:07 PM

It's TOE the line, everyone! Not "tow." Meaning, to put your toes exactly on the line in the sand, so everyone knows where you stand. NOT meaning to drag a rope behind you.

I just saw this in an actual news article and it pushed me over my limit. No offense to anybody here. But also, please don't tell me how petty I am for being annoyed by misuse of words. I get to complain once a year. (New rule I just made up.)

That's good information. I would have used "tow." Not everyone is as knowledgeable as you though. I was not aware of what that meant.

Well wow, I guess I provided a service, then. Who knew? I had no intention of doing that. My rate is, hm, let's see, I think $100 an hour would be sufficient. Paypal accepted, or I would consider a horse in trade.
:banana:

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25