Community > Posts By > Bravalady

Bravalady's photo
Thu 12/13/12 05:08 PM

I have viewed 25 profiles in the last week, with and without pics, and it would say to me that atleast one would view mine strictly for curiousity that i viewed theirs which would be indicated in my account page. Nothing, yet mingle boasts 9874 matches in the above pages, maybe i should view all 9874 to get someone to view mine back. Then again they all could be on holiday.

I dont even pay attention to who has viewed me

if its not a nudge or a mail, its not even aknowledged,,,

if they view me and didnt follow up, there must not be an interest
why look at their profile if there is no interest on their part?

Ditto.

Bravalady's photo
Wed 12/12/12 09:42 PM
That OP has got to be the funniest thing I've seen in quite a while.

Bravalady's photo
Wed 12/12/12 09:41 PM
Lamarck lives!

Bravalady's photo
Tue 12/11/12 02:20 PM
Have you ever seen that River Monsters show? Apparently catfish can get real big, bigger than 3 feet even, and pigeons would be only an hors d'oeuvre for them.

Bravalady's photo
Sun 12/09/12 10:42 PM
Pot never made me sleepy, it made my mind race if anything.

Bravalady's photo
Sun 12/09/12 10:39 PM
I hadn't heard of this movie, so I looked it up on IMDB and a couple of other places. The reviewers say it is not really a documentary but a "slick infomercial" which is mostly speculation. It didn't get very good reviews. I would guess that's why it didn't get nominated. I'm pretty sure gross receipts aren't the only criterion.

Bravalady's photo
Sun 12/09/12 10:22 PM
When I adopt a pet, I make a commitment to care for it for life. So no, I would not give up my pet. They're not toys that you just set aside when they get in the way. I would look for another way to handle the problem.

Bravalady's photo
Sun 12/09/12 01:00 AM
Good for you, Penny, I'm so pleased that you are keeping on with it. You must be thrilled to be making such visible progress! And you're wise to keep in close contact with your doctor. You're giving yourself a great Christmas gift!

Bravalady's photo
Sun 12/09/12 12:50 AM
Yeah, I was in a counseling group one time and said I was stubborn, meaning I don't give up easily, and everybody piled on me saying I shouldn't be putting myself down. NObody understood where I was coming from.

Bravalady's photo
Sun 12/09/12 12:48 AM

a lot of homeless people have some sort of mental illness going on.
you're a complete dick if you think they're all just lazy bums.
they need help.

Oh good, somebody who actually knows something about homelessness rather than just wanting to rant.

Silly me to think a post called "What to do about homelessness" would have some ideas on how to help people who are homeless.

Bravalady's photo
Fri 12/07/12 10:43 PM

thank you all for your advice i decided to leave him but i just dont know how to take the first step i dont even know if i can break up withhim without falling apart after word but thatnk you all for your opinions keep in contact

sincerly
Pearl0909

You will survive. Your heart will ache, but you will survive.

One way to recover from the heartache is by investing yourself in a cause that is greater than yourself. Giving compassion to others can result in the healing of one's own heart.

This is very true. It also helps if you have family or friends you can talk to. Just take it one step at a time. Let us know how it goes.

Bravalady's photo
Fri 12/07/12 10:41 PM
I spent some time looking this up (my idea of fun, LOL). What we have now is called jus soli (the right of the soil) and is used in pretty much all the countries of the Western Hemisphere. Most of the rest of the world uses what you suggested, which is called jus sanguinis (the right of blood). The reason for the difference seems to be that countries that have experienced a lot of immigration in the past tend to have jus soli. However, there's a trend toward jus sanguinis. It seems reasonable enough, but I think it would increase the demand for naturalization, and there's a huge backlog as it is. Anyway, I can't imagine it would change anytime soon.

Bravalady's photo
Fri 12/07/12 01:28 PM
What kind of revision do you think would be reasonable?

Bravalady's photo
Fri 12/07/12 01:26 PM
She says she really loves the show and wanted to play it. Also, if I remember correctly, she said she blew all the money she made from her career.

Dodo, are you saying a religious person should never get divorced? She resisted talking about it on the show, but apparently it was pretty traumatic for her. I'm not interested enough in celebrity lifestyles to bother investigating any further.

Jeff Kent seemed to be fine with not being recognized. While he was still in the game, he wanted it to be a secret because if people had known how rich he was, they would have had a good excuse to get rid of him. However, even at Loser Lodge he apparently didn't tell anybody (at least, not in any clip that I saw).

A lot of people do go on Survivor for their 15 minutes. A lot go on because they actually want the money. The smallest percentage seems to be those who want a survival experience, and those ones don't really do very well because they don't usually understand the "game" aspect (Ozzy being the prime example).

Bravalady's photo
Thu 12/06/12 07:29 PM
Well, some places you can't get TV at all without cable, isn't that right (?) But either way, (1) there are educational programs on TV, (2) I bet there are some kind of limits on what and how much they can watch, and (3) lulling them into a stupor isn't all bad, considering what bored and angry prisoners might be capable of.

Continuous Barry Manilow would be cruel and unusual and I'm sure it would go to the Supreme Court. laugh

Bravalady's photo
Thu 12/06/12 07:24 PM
Yeah, I was skeptical of this story when it came out. It could be true, or maybe not, I sure don't know. I haven't seen any followup to it in the last few weeks.

Bravalady's photo
Thu 12/06/12 07:17 PM
Edited by Bravalady on Thu 12/06/12 07:19 PM
I'm a longtime fan of Survivor, and this season is one of the best in a long time. Yes they've been doing stunt casting for a while, but Lisa Whelchel is one of the few celebrities to actually play the game well. She moans a lot about going against her morals, but she's hardly the first to do that. Apparently she applied to get on just like everybody else.

Andy, Survivor Africa was the third season and they did have to deal with lions and elephants. But the point of the game isn't really the physical survival aspects. It's a social game and the camping out part is really just for atmosphere, IMO--also it gives them an excuse to have the people half-naked for the entire time (and occasionally fully naked, I wish they wouldn't blur those). I started watching it to learn some social skills, and it really does showcase those. You're right that real survival is about teamwork. But only one person can win the million dollars at the end. I like to watch to see how different people balance those two needs.

Survivor has done lots of different things over the years, trying to stay interesting. Some have worked and some haven't. This season, for example, three players were brought back who were medevacked out of their previous seasons. Jeff Kent (baseball player) and Lisa Whelchel really aren't the big story. In fact, most of the other contestants didn't know who either of them were. They did know who the returnees were, though, and all of them had big targets on their backs.

Bravalady's photo
Wed 12/05/12 08:41 PM
If you're in the US, I think the way it usually works is that you can take the money the ins. co. gives you for totalling the car and use it to repair it. It's not always the best thing to do, but a lot of times people will do it if they really can't afford another car. Talk to some friends and get their opinions. There must be a lot of people you know who've been in this situation, or their friends or family have.

Bravalady's photo
Wed 12/05/12 08:38 PM
I feel for you girl. But if he loves you too, wouldn't he be saying something to you about how to make things work out in the future? It sounds like he's not.

It's so painful when you love someone who doesn't love you the same way. The ones who are loving and kind up to the very day they leave you forever are the worst. I know, I've been there.

Bravalady's photo
Wed 12/05/12 08:31 PM

Cripey, every risk? The risk of AIDS or other sexual diseases? The risk of getting assaulted if your new bed mate turns out to have a jealous spouse? What you said sure sounds cool, but I bet you don't even do that yourself. Common sense is always a good idea.

Frankly, I can't see why someone wouldn't be picky if they were looking for a lifetime partner.

I knew there would be one...Common sense is a great idea.

Way to blow my opinion out of context as well, do you frequent the political threads too? Every risk within common sense, where, if I might ask...Is the common sense in automatically shutting someone down because of perhaps only one reason? Hell, I invite you to tell me where the logic is in that too.

You didn't mention common sense. You specifically said "every" risk. I can't help it if you don't say what you really mean.

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25