Community > Posts By > Bravalady

Bravalady's photo
Wed 12/05/12 08:30 PM

Are you more attracted to intelligent people?

Yes yes yes yes yes!

Bravalady's photo
Wed 12/05/12 08:29 PM

Some people are born wayyyy ahead of their time, whilst others are nostalgic of a time gone by...such as myself.

I would be happy if it was perpetually the 70's

What about you?

Did you LIVE THROUGH the 70s?? I wouldn't want to go back there.

Bravalady's photo
Wed 12/05/12 08:27 PM

Other night this Bum said he would tell me a joke for a buck. I said alright, let's hear it. He gave me the option of a "G' rated or "R" rated joke. I chose the "G" rated joke. Can't remember how it went, but it was silly and funny, so I gave the guy a dollar. Hey....at least he entertained me and he probably needed that dollar more than I did.

That sounds like a guy who may be down, but is not yet out.

I love creativity.

Bravalady's photo
Wed 12/05/12 08:16 AM

You do realize that "czar" is a word used by the media and has no actual meaning in USA politics? Right?

czar (n, potentate )
monarch, ruler, leader, emperor, sovereign, czar, king, queen, empress
czar (n,mogul)

tycoon, entrepreneur, magnate, industrialist, kingpin (informal), dynast, power, czar, big shot (informal)

The first person on your list, Richard Holbrooke, has been dead for 2 years so I don't think he's very dangerous at this point. I didn't check everyone on your list, but the ones I did check were identified as directors of agencies. These are appointments made by the President just like every other President before him. This "czar" stuff is just silly.

the op was an article dated 9-9-9

Afghanistan Czar: Marc Grossman became
Special Representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan (AFPAK)
Appointed in February 2011 after death of Richard Holbrooke,former Afghanistan Czar

(I thought this "czar" stuff was silly as well. But this is no game, their roles were issued and received seriously.)

What is the problem?

US Constitution, Article 2, Section 2: The President "shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law."

Bravalady's photo
Wed 12/05/12 08:04 AM

You do realize that "czar" is a word used by the media and has no actual meaning in USA politics? Right?

The first person on your list, Richard Holbrooke, has been dead for 2 years so I don't think he's very dangerous at this point. I didn't check everyone on your list, but the ones I did check were identified as directors of agencies. These are appointments made by the President just like every other President before him. This "czar" stuff is just silly.

Iyho!

What does that mean?

Bravalady's photo
Wed 12/05/12 08:04 AM
Psst, TBR, neither Nixon nor Reagan would stand a chance at getting through the Repub primaries today.

Bravalady's photo
Wed 12/05/12 07:55 AM
Cripey, every risk? The risk of AIDS or other sexual diseases? The risk of getting assaulted if your new bed mate turns out to have a jealous spouse? What you said sure sounds cool, but I bet you don't even do that yourself. Common sense is always a good idea.

Frankly, I can't see why someone wouldn't be picky if they were looking for a lifetime partner.

Bravalady's photo
Wed 12/05/12 07:49 AM
I used to, all the time. Some of them, looking back, were obviously lust though I was too stupid to understand that at the time. But others were cases where I saw a guy who looked attractive, had a chance to talk with him, and found him even more desirable after that. Those ones were the long-term ones. Too bad none of them were long term enough.

Bravalady's photo
Wed 12/05/12 07:43 AM
I firmly believe it is "never" a good idea to enter into a relationship imagining that the person will be any different/better than what you already know of them.

I also would "never" have a close relationship with a smoker.

I don't know what the word "never" has to do with life being chance, though.

Bravalady's photo
Tue 12/04/12 11:39 PM

Bravalady's photo
Tue 12/04/12 11:32 PM
Communism is a dying philosophy. Those who are afraid of it are living in the past.

Dictatorships, now, there'll never be an end to those.

Bravalady's photo
Tue 12/04/12 09:59 AM
It seems to me all you're doing is promoting unsubstantiated fear. If such events were to happen, there wouldn't be a blessed thing we could do about them. So what's your point? You just want people to be able to die prepared?

Bravalady's photo
Tue 12/04/12 09:49 AM
JB, is there anyone, any human being, any one particular organization, that you do trust?

By the way, Bestinshow or whoever it was that trumpeted the "poll," that was totally unscientific, with a very skewed sample.

Bravalady's photo
Tue 12/04/12 08:58 AM

When a guy contacts me and starts right out with "I love you, dear," then I ignore him to death. Sorry, but that doesn't get any respect from me.

I guess asking for your hand in marriage is out of the question.

But Torgo, I'm pretty sure you would only want the hand. . .

Bravalady's photo
Mon 12/03/12 10:44 AM

From my experience, the government is mostly for themselves and for gaining power.

That is not what government is for. That is what it eventually devolves into as ultimate power corrupts ultimately.

Agreed.

Bravalady's photo
Mon 12/03/12 10:06 AM
The ones I've met have all been who they said they were. But I only ever contact people with photos, for one thing, and I'm really cautious in addition to that.

Having them be who they said they were doesn't mean that things worked out. In a couple of cases, I wanted it to, but I probably wasn't exciting enough for them. Maybe they thought I wasn't who I seemed to be!

Bravalady's photo
Sun 12/02/12 01:21 PM

Turn OFF's ???
For one, I cannot for the life of me understand why people make such a big deal about those who smoke.
It's a habit that most enjoy.
Wrong. Even some who still smoke don't actually enjoy it, they're just unfortunately hooked.
yes it make smell, and yes it MAY be bad for ones health.
You are living in a dream world if you have any doubt whatsoever about the adverse health effects of tobacco for both the smoker and those around him/her.
But those that complain are normally those that USED to smoke them selves.
Wrong. I, for one, have never smoked.
Most of these people walk down roads of thousands of cars buses lorries and such, but do not complain about the harmful s*** they are breathing in or the smell of fumes.
Wrong again. Some of us live in the country, and many of us do object to other forms of air pollution. Unfortunately these other forms aren't as easy to deal with as just asking a tobacco user to be considerate.
Don't you know, that there are more people on DRUGS than those that smoke!
Two wrongs make a right in your world?
not to mention all those that are quite happy to go out and spend hard earnt money and many that are given to them by the Government to live on, Supposedly?, and drink as much as they like but are quitye happy to chuck it up a wall where ever it suits them and then turn around to the partner and snog the life out of them!!!
This is relevant how?
Reformed smokers, huh!! Oh hi, yes i'm new here. i do not have an attitude, I just do not like those who think it there right to dictate to others.
Yes the subject is turn OFF's, but seems to me more of a dictatorship.

If this is an example of your not having an attitude, then I think you need a dictionary. Not a very promising way to make friends, IMHO.

Bravalady's photo
Sun 12/02/12 01:09 PM
No mess.

Bravalady's photo
Sun 12/02/12 08:28 AM
Edited by Bravalady on Sun 12/02/12 08:29 AM

illegals,illegals,illegals.
Sex tuorism. BIRTH TOURISM.Maternity Hotel' Sparks Outrage in Calif. Suburb
Residents of a Southern California suburb are protesting against a hilltop home that they say serves as a maternity center for Chinese mothers paying thousands of dollars to give birth to so-called "anchor babies."
Dozens picketed a Chino Hills intersection on Saturday, holding signs that read "No Birth Tourism" and "Not Here! Not in USA!"
The city's mayor tells the San Bernardino Sun that rooms in the house have been rented out to pregnant Chinese women until they give birth.
Protesters say they don't want to see a business in a residential area.
Kelly Good tells the Sun the come legally on tourist visas, but their intention is to give birth in the United States so their children would automatically gain citizenship. She said that's a "false pretense."
Chino Hills resident Karol Arredondo tells the Sun every so often a tour bus comes and takes groups of pregnant Chinese women to nearby tourist destinations, such as Disneyland and Venice Beach.
City officials say they are handling code enforcement issues at the property, but not dealing with the alleged maternity operation.

This is hysterical! "alleged maternity operation"
rofl rofl rofl

Bravalady's photo
Sun 12/02/12 08:22 AM
When a guy contacts me and starts right out with "I love you, dear," then I ignore him to death. Sorry, but that doesn't get any respect from me.

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25