Community > Posts By > Bravalady

Bravalady's photo
Mon 11/26/12 01:43 PM
I wish I could lose 10 pounds.

Bravalady's photo
Mon 11/26/12 09:53 AM
When I hear Twinkie, I always think of Dan White.

Turns out the Twinkie Defense was a myth, but I never knew that and I was there at the time. Maybe it was partly because people (including me) were very uneducated about BPD in those days.

Bravalady's photo
Mon 11/26/12 09:43 AM

Women want equality in a relationship so much so, employment becomes essential to them.

I think you have this backward. Employment is essential to most women, so equality becomes essential.
When married they want to work, this may be necessary in the early years but not so as you become more established,

Not in my world.

Women want to work to maintain what they perceive as equal status, as contributors to the family income, when looking after family should be their focus of attention.

Contributing to the family income is not looking after the family?
I just need to find someone who is as old fashioned as myself.

Good luck with that.

Look, aside from the patronizing and discrimination of this attitude toward women, it isn't doing men or children any favors either. Haven't you heard of the people who are now adults who complain that they never felt close to their fathers because they were always working to support the family, and exhausted when they did come home? Sharing the financial burden means that the father has more time to devote to building real relationships with his children. It gives them a better father and gives him a more rounded life.

Bravalady's photo
Sun 11/25/12 02:16 PM
Ah, well, condescending terms like "chick" and "girl" for adult women do tend to irritate, I'll grant you. Everybody likes to be talked to with respect.

Do you have a link to the BLS statistic proving that women don't work as hard as men? And if you really mean that they don't work as many hours, and then you say it's because of child care responsibilities . . . you wouldn't want to walk that judgment back a little as maybe a tad offensive?

Bravalady's photo
Sat 11/24/12 05:02 PM

And again another huge failure to your argument...

The REAL world. Walmat's prices are cheaper. Hence shoppers go there. if they have no unions and prices are lower GUESS WHAT? Unions are driving the costs up so high evidently it is MAKING Walmart THEY place to shop.

Uh . . . what?

Evidently Walmart was smart enough to snub collective bargaining among their employment base.
"Snub"? As in, ignore those who wanted unions?? I guess technically they can, but if the employees managed to get a union started management would have to deal with it. And even preventing workers from trying to form a union is illegal, I believe.

. . . bunch of irrelevant stuff . . .

And here you try to use the words f an unnamed expert

Sorry that you haven't heard of Robert Reich, the former Secretary of Labor, economist, and author.

who feels we could raise wages without impacting the price of consumer goods. On what planet? Not this one! Where one cost goes up another must come down.

Er, no, I don't believe physics applies here.

. . . more irrelevant stuff . . .

All I can say is this, once my business operations are up and running fully, if I have $1M in the bank free and clear of taxes in five years I will feel thoroughly vindicated in MY life and will be able to look at people like you and KNOW FULL WELL YOU ARE SO WRONG!

Well you should be very proud of yourself in that case, as that would be quite an accomplishment.

You don't become rich being the Bytch for someone else. You sure don't work for yourself! You don't run a business. You are nothing more than a skilled GRUNT who thinks he knows ore and is smarter than the rest of us. I on the other hand AM a HIGHLY skilled Grunt with greater aspirations than working for someone else the rest of my life.

So you don't get rich working for someone else, and not by working for yourself, and not by running a business. The only things left I can think of are inheriting money and robbing banks. laugh And what does "thinks he knows ore" mean? I've never heard that one.

. . . MORE irrelevant stuff . . .

I see this argument that we don't pay people enough because Walmart doesn't allow unions in their operations carries as much weight as a roll of toilet paper. Clearly Walmart is smarter than you because look at who is making all that money!
"We" don't pay people enough, who's we? It sounds like you're identifying with Walmart. And saying that Walmart is smart to pay their employees so little, because that's how they've made all their money? I'm pretty sure it's more complicated than that.

Bravalady's photo
Sat 11/24/12 04:31 PM
What does he live on? Barter?

Bravalady's photo
Sat 11/24/12 04:29 PM
Well, it looks like a losing vote, but I'll post my vote for DEFINITELY YES. People who don't like the government messing with business ought to think twice before they say get rid of unions. There'd be a lot more individual employees trying to get the government to help them against abuses.

So I actually believe that unions are a necessary part of a capitalist system. And no, this doesn't mean that I think unions are perfect.

Bravalady's photo
Sat 11/24/12 04:22 PM
Edited by Bravalady on Sat 11/24/12 04:23 PM
I believe this is a fringe sentiment by someone who doesn't get out enough. NObody I know is raising their daughters to think of men as the enemy, that's just ludicrous. I think she is just pushing her personal agenda. But certainly if she's taking her examples from the media, which is what she seems to be doing, then she doesn't have a clue.

This is another one of those issues that just can't be painted in black and white. SOME women are like this (but nobody I know).

Edited to add: Sure, I suppose you can find people on Mingle who sound like what she's saying, but that's even less reliable than the media, IMO. We have absolutely no way of knowing what anybody is like in real life here. It's easy, easy, easy to come across as someone you're not, either intentionally or otherwise.

I say, ignore her.

Bravalady's photo
Sat 11/24/12 11:29 AM

Flowers, candy, gift cards, Cash, nice romantic meal.
Something along those lines.:heart:

Gift cards? Cash? Who is buying whom?

Bravalady's photo
Fri 11/23/12 02:17 PM

A Side not usual of Clint!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn8YubD01sk
Clint Eastwood. "I Talk To the Trees"

That really, really looks like lip synching to me.

Bravalady's photo
Fri 11/23/12 02:14 PM

A perfect partner in this world is someone who stay and loves you eventhough you are on your unexplainable attitude. ..

Even if you find someone you think is perfect, people can't help but change. Do your best to be a person that you can love yourself. Appreciate the perfect experiences that life will bring your way. Don't be so preoccupied with with what you want that you ignore the things you don't expect.

People don't change.

Other than that, I like what you have to say.

Bravalady's photo
Fri 11/23/12 02:13 PM

Ant time a woman starts giving me trouble, adding stress to my life, I just find another woman.

I see patience isn't your strong suit.

Bravalady's photo
Fri 11/23/12 02:11 PM
I just want to have a nice time. No pressure (of course both people will be feeling pressure, but keep it to yourselves), just a little bit of get-to-know-you.

I guess Unsure beat me to this.

I used to think a movie was a good idea, but you really can't get to know a person at all that way, so it's probably better for a second date. The first date is for seeing if you actually even enjoy the other person's company.

Bravalady's photo
Fri 11/23/12 02:06 PM
Erm . . . . rain dance? That's a new one.

Bravalady's photo
Fri 11/23/12 02:01 PM

Most important thing to me is Peace of Mind. Sometimes I have to look to different parts of my life for it, but I need it badly.

Try Zen. Great for the big picture.

Bravalady's photo
Fri 11/23/12 11:06 AM
I think the whole point is that he IS trying to find a way to come to agreement. As I understand it, there are ways they can agree without actually raising taxes. But just wrapping yourself in your principles and saying no to everything all day long isn't going to get there.

Plus, there's not a chance that "everyone's" taxes will go up, I don't know where you get that from. One option is increasing the tax rate on people who earn over $200,000. That's not me, for sure. Is it you?

Bravalady's photo
Fri 11/23/12 07:49 AM
On the other hand, if you just post a stark question like "why hate India?" you're not going to get the most reasoned responses.

Bravalady's photo
Fri 11/23/12 07:43 AM
Sen. Saxby Chambliss is talking about renouncing the Norquist Pledge, even if he loses his seat for it.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/22/chambliss-fires-off-on-norquists-anti-tax-pledge/?hpt=hp_t2

He's a brave man! I wonder how many others will follow his example.

Bravalady's photo
Wed 11/21/12 05:37 PM
Patrick Stewart (drool)
Denzel Washington (swoon)

Bravalady's photo
Mon 11/19/12 05:20 PM
Just start posting in the forums, find a topic that interests you. If you see someone's profile that you find interesting, look to see if they've posted anything. If not, you could always e-mail them anyway and just say what you liked about them. It doesn't commit you to anything. TB Rich is right, you gotta take some chances even if they're kind of scary. If you get emailing someone and aren't sure how to proceed from there, post in the Dating forum about it and we'll give you advice!

Welcome!

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25