Community > Posts By > Foliel

Foliel's photo
Wed 12/02/09 03:27 PM
Well it's close to my thoughts lol I still say ban marriage altogether but thats just my opinion.

Foliel's photo
Mon 11/30/09 07:06 PM
Edited by Foliel on Mon 11/30/09 07:08 PM
So where is this creator, now that we are wrecking his/her planet?
Where is the creator when we have several species of animals on the endangered species list?

I would imagine, the creator would get highly ticked off that we humans are wrecking his/her design......

Personally I could care less about this arguement, I will live my life according to what my mom taught me when i was growing up. Amazingly, even as an atheist, I follow the law, without some book to guide me. I know the difference between right and wrong and i don't need religion to tell me that.

I would just like to know what this creator is doing while we wreck his/her planet...

Foliel's photo
Mon 11/23/09 12:46 AM
I would guess that since I don't believe in god, I live for myself.

Foliel's photo
Mon 11/23/09 12:34 AM
Unfortunately we can't protect kids from everything. Some kids are just mean and will look for any reason they can find to pick on other kids. The best parents can do it to teach their kids to stand up for themselves and not let the bullies of the world win.

Foliel's photo
Fri 11/20/09 09:56 AM
I would like to point out that christmas was not originally a christian holiday, it was a pagan one.

Foliel's photo
Tue 11/17/09 05:44 PM
I generally don't eat meat, chicken and ground beef is about the extent of what I eat for meat. I also buy organic meat from a farm that is well know for taking good care of its animals.

Foliel's photo
Tue 11/17/09 06:46 AM

A posting sent to me..It was worth sharing.

Twas the month before Christmas*

*When all through our land,*

*Not a Christian was praying*

*Nor taking a stand.*

*See the PC Police had taken away,*

*The reason for Christmas - no one could say.*

*The children were told by their schools not to sing,*

*About Shepherds and Wise Men and Angels and things.*

*It might hurt people's feelings, the teachers would say*

* December 25th is just a ' Holiday '.*

*Yet the shoppers were ready with cash, checks and credit*

*Pushing folks down to the floor just to get it!*

*CDs from Madonna, an X BOX, an I-pod*

*Something was changing, something quite odd! *

*Retailers promoted Ramadan and Kwanzaa*

*In hopes to sell books by Franken & Fonda.*

*As Targets were hanging their trees upside down*

* At Lowe's the word Christmas - was no where to be found.*

*At K-Mart and Staples and Penny's and Sears*

*You won't hear the word Christmas; it won't touch your ears.*

*Inclusive, sensitive, Di-ver-si-ty*

*Are words that were used to intimidate me.*

*Now Daschle, Now Darden, Now Sharpton, Wolf Blitzen*

*On Boxer, on Pelosi, on Kerry, on Clinton !*

*At the top of the Senate, there arose such a clatter*

*To eliminate Jesus, in all public matter.*

*And we spoke not a word, as they took away our faith*

* Forbidden to speak of salvation and grace*

*The true Gift of Christmas was exchanged and discarded*

*The reason for the season, stopped before it started.*

*So as you celebrate 'Winter Break' under your 'Dream Tree'*

*Sipping your Starbucks, listen to me.*

*Choose your words carefully, choose what you say*

*Shout MERRY CHRISTMAS ,

not Happy Holiday !*

Please, all Christians join together and

wish everyone you meet during the

holidays a

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Christ is ¡The Reason¢ for the Christ-mas Season!

Great post and oh so true!I have noticed hardly and Christmas displays around the towns with many not having anything at all.It's unfortunate that the people the Atheist hurt the most by taking Christmas away is the children.I feel like a great deal of American history and fun has been lost forever.Now we haveto watch movies to remember how it used to be.Hope the Atheist are happy with what they have done.

It not always the atheists, some of the people that are offended are from other religions. I'm an atheist and I don't mind christmas. I do not mind hearing merrying christmas or happy easter, and will celebrate the holidays with friends and family out of respect for their religion. It beats sitting at home all by myself.

Foliel's photo
Sun 11/15/09 07:58 PM
Edited by Foliel on Sun 11/15/09 07:59 PM
I am not religious at all but will say merry christmas and happy holidays to people out of politeness and courteousness.

I don't worry about the reason behind christmas, for me it's a day to spend with family and friends. The holidays would be better spent with people not fretting about the rhyme or reason behind it.

Oops forgot to add....

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Foliel's photo
Wed 11/11/09 08:18 AM
I would like to take a moment to say thank you to all the serving members in the military as well as all the veterans from previous serving. They are doing a great service to the country.

They deserve more than a thank you but it's the best I can do.

Foliel's photo
Tue 11/10/09 05:50 AM

rather than quoting the various posts in this thread that I find ridiculous.. I'll just offer a generic response..

If you're an "adult" and you can't out compete an 17 year old... sorry but you suck.. and there should be no laws that protect you from being outplayed by a 7yr old in high school..

why should it be put to the government to have to force a 16/17 yr old to prove some form of hardship to be able to work a part time job.. give me a break..

if you're in your mid 30's and still haven't figured out how to make a living.. I'm sorry but you shouldn't expect too much symapthy from society.. down on your luck is one thing but an entire decade of being worthless.. you had all of your 20's to figure out something to do with your existence.. if all you can manage to do is change tires, then change tires... if you're 33 and you can't outcompete a 17 yr old.. sorry dude. it sucks to be you...

When I was 16-18 and in high school, I wasn't allowed to have a job. Foster parents rules, until you graduated high school you couldn't work even a part time job. they felt that it would compromise my grades.

Foliel's photo
Fri 11/06/09 08:12 PM
Thank you everyone, I am really hoping to help make this christmas very special for him :)

Foliel's photo
Fri 11/06/09 02:47 PM
Edited by Foliel on Fri 11/06/09 02:48 PM
**************PLEASE HELP************************************ Noah Biorkman is a 5yr old boy who is in his last stages of neuroblastoma cancer after a 2 1/2 year battle. His family is celebrating Christmas next week and all he wants are xmas cards. Lets try and see how many we can get to him from all over the world please.

www.clickondetroit.com/news/21522646/detail.html

Foliel's photo
Thu 11/05/09 08:15 AM

Its not the believing what someone else says that seems the problem, but NOT being a believer because someone tells you not to.

Especially in ones self.

agreed sista..big problem I feel also flowerforyou

I don't agree with either scenario. You should belive in yourself and what you feel. You shouldn't believe or disbelieve just on someone elses say so.

Sorry earthly, I think I misunderstood your post :(

Tell that to a 6 year old who has noone who loves them, and who abuses them.

All the more reason to help that child believe in himself. I would have tried my best to be there for that child as I have with so many other children. After I was raped several times, I decided that no child would go through that pain alone. I will always be there if I am needed, even if it's just to have someone to talk to. If you give in and follow something just because someone told you to, then you are headed down a road of never thinking for yourself.

Did you even READ my post? THAT WAS WHAT IT WAS ABOUT!

OMG TWICE NOW.

Foliel's photo
Thu 11/05/09 08:13 AM
It's situations like this that make me glad I will never get married or have kids.

Foliel's photo
Thu 11/05/09 06:15 AM

Its not the believing what someone else says that seems the problem, but NOT being a believer because someone tells you not to.

Especially in ones self.

I don't agree with either scenario. You should belive in yourself and what you feel. You shouldn't believe or disbelieve just on someone elses say so.

Tell that to a 6 year old who has noone who loves them, and who abuses them.

All the more reason to help that child believe in himself. I would have tried my best to be there for that child as I have with so many other children. After I was raped several times, I decided that no child would go through that pain alone. I will always be there if I am needed, even if it's just to have someone to talk to. If you give in and follow something just because someone told you to, then you are headed down a road of never thinking for yourself.

Foliel's photo
Thu 11/05/09 06:08 AM
I see what happens when you let people vote on issues that really shouldn't be a voter thing.....rights are taken away from people. They are told who they can and can't marry. I look forward to the day when maybe the human race will grow up and start letting other people live their own lives, or the day the world ends and it won't matter anymore.

Foliel's photo
Thu 11/05/09 02:29 AM
Edited by Foliel on Thu 11/05/09 02:31 AM
Marriage is a christian tradition huh.....then how was it around long before christianity came into being? There are records of greek emporers getting married before christianty took a stranglehold on it. Kings and Queens held wedding ceremonies before christianity came about....makes me think marriage was around before christianity.

Marriage was also seen as a form of ownership, the wife belonged to the man and that was final. She was a piece of property.

As for Polygamy...hey if they're happy and it works for them, no skin off my back.

Foliel's photo
Wed 11/04/09 10:03 AM

Especially in ones self.

Foliel's photo
Wed 11/04/09 10:02 AM
just curious....why is this in the general religion room?

Foliel's photo
Mon 11/02/09 11:20 PM
I love my cats but at the same time they are not my kids. I do not have kids so my cats are the closest thing I have. They do not get all kind of special pet items. They don't have fancy collars or $200 pet spa visits. What they do get, is alot of love and food, shelter, cat little and medical coverage.

My mom and her boyfriend drive me nuts with their dogs and treating them like they're people. Most of the little things such as being on furniture doesn't phase me but for the love of all that is good, the dog is NOT my brother. He is a very much loved and cherished pet.

I will admit that when 2 of my cats died, both from illnesses I couldn't prevent or fix, I had them cremated and put their ashes in urns on a shelf. I miss them both greatly.