Community > Posts By > solestria

solestria's photo
Sun 01/10/10 06:36 PM
I'd be fine with it. I could actually see it being a lot of fun to help a cross-dressing SO get dressed and do his make-up on occasion. We could have girly nights together.

I've been with a couple guys who cross-dressed to various extents. It never did bother me--it was ___ in a dress or corset, and it was still the guy I liked and was attracted to, just in different clothing.

solestria's photo
Sun 01/10/10 06:29 PM
Yes, I would want to know. I've been in a number of polyamorous relationships and am open to discussing some form of openness with a partner, so I'd be really upset that he didn't come to me before he started cheating to talk openly with me about it. The dishonesty would bother me far more than his being with another woman.

solestria's photo
Sat 05/23/09 01:44 PM

I am very proud of the man I am today, I am not coping out and I am not making excuses.

Anytime some pulls the "Why can't people see me for who I am?" BS, it's a sign that they're not looking inside. The common denominator in all these rejections is YOU. It could be that you're going after the wrong women, or portraying yourself badly, or saying something creepy or awkward in your opening messages. But the common thread in all these instances is you. You are the one who controls your own behavior, and yours is the ONLY behavior you can control. So if you're having trouble, you're better off looking at the way you're representing yourself to others and who you're approaching, and seeing what you can change.

I started this post because society looks at your appearance and if you aren't perfect then you are kicked to the curb.

I don't look for perfect, I look for someone to whom I might feel some attraction. A relationship without physical attraction wouldn't be much of a relationship, no? Everyone deserves to date someone who thinks they're totally hot, and if I know I will never think someone is the hottest thing ever to me, then it's only fair to HIM that I let him find someone who will. Likewise, I have no interest in dating someone who isn't going to think I'm totally hot. Attraction is important.

I can't believe I came under attack for my beliefs......

What you are "under attack" for is the way you portray yourself, which comes off as very whiny. From what I've read, you also seem very resistant to the idea that people can grow and change.

Look, being a good guy should be a default. It means you're not actively evil, and that buys you nothing. Are you interesting, assertive, communicative? Do you have passions and hobbies? If not, then work on that BEFORE you seek someone else out, or you have very little to offer that a potential partner couldn't find elsewhere.

solestria's photo
Sat 01/31/09 09:00 AM
I haven't used it for exactly that reason!

solestria's photo
Sat 01/31/09 08:58 AM
If he's given you no reason to distrust him, then I'd let this go and see what happens with him. If his record has been expunged, then he didn't even need to tell you about it. If you're concerned, you could run a background check, but it sounds unnecessary to me.

solestria's photo
Sun 01/04/09 09:39 AM
For the most part, no. I have a few things that remind me of bad past experiences, but I find the best way to deal with that is to make my partner aware of the past experience, so they can reassure me and just be aware that sometimes it's an issue. I feel like dealing well with those things when they come up on occasion is the best way to handle them.

solestria's photo
Sun 12/28/08 07:45 AM
Never having played hard-to-get, I wouldn't know. But then, I like to date grown ups who aren't into games. If they're only won by playing hard-to-get, them I'm quite happy not to win them at all!

solestria's photo
Sat 12/27/08 09:02 PM
Nope. If someone doesn't want to be with me, and can't actively choose to be with me, then I don't want him to be. I had someone who told me he wanted to me to "talk sense" into him at one point, and I told him that I couldn't for exactly that reason.

I'm way better off without that one.

solestria's photo
Fri 12/19/08 04:55 PM
I'd have no issue dating a bisexual. I don't get everyone's issues with it. As long as a partner is attracted to me and trustworthy, what does it matter?

I've dated a number of men who have done some level of experimentation, though I don't think any of them have been truly bi. I also don't understand how gay anal sex is disgusting, more so than heterosexual anal sex, which happens among a lot of couples anyway. *shrug*

solestria's photo
Tue 11/11/08 04:14 PM
Nope. My sexuality is important to me, and I find it important to be able to share that fully with someone I have a relationship with. I would respect their choice and move on so we could both find more compatible partners.

solestria's photo
Tue 11/11/08 04:09 PM
I absolutely support gay marriage. It's about equal civil rights.

solestria's photo
Sat 10/25/08 05:59 PM
I don't think I could. I wouldn't want to be, at any rate. That attraction and passion is important to me, and everyone deserves to be with someone who thinks they're smoking hot.

solestria's photo
Sat 10/25/08 05:58 PM
At that point, irrelevant; either we'd get into therapy, pronto, or I'd be leaving his sorry ass.

solestria's photo
Sat 10/25/08 05:57 PM
Wouldn't that depend upon the particular women or men in question? Cleaning is not a gendered skill.

solestria's photo
Sat 10/25/08 05:56 PM
Sure. I've done it multiple times, with a number of male friends who knew where we stood. Naked, with several of them (but then, I always sleep naked and so do most of the people I know).

solestria's photo
Sat 10/25/08 05:55 PM
My recent ex from my last serious relationship?--honestly, I'd probably jump him. We're good friends and it's been too long for both of us. Regardless, there would definitely be hugs and cuddles.

solestria's photo
Sat 10/25/08 05:53 PM
Alan Rickman.

solestria's photo
Sat 10/11/08 09:14 AM
Edited by solestria on Sat 10/11/08 09:15 AM
Honesty, communication, and sex. . . er, cuddles.

solestria's photo
Sat 10/11/08 08:17 AM
I'm with option two. I don't believe in soulmates. I think there are probably a number of people with whom I could have a happy, healthy long-term relationship. I just need to find one of them.

solestria's photo
Sat 10/11/08 08:16 AM
Yeah, she knows you're interested. It's possibly something came up, but if she continues not to get back to you for a week or two, you can safely assume that she's no longer interested.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6