Community > Posts By > Calleigh12

no photo
Sat 02/06/10 03:52 PM
I hate being crazy, it causes me all kinds of problems. I guess if yours isn't bothering anyone, yeah you should embrace it. I'd like to rip mine out with a coat hanger and chop it into tiny pieces and then puree it in the blender and then flush it down the toilet.

no photo
Sat 02/06/10 03:48 PM
And you know this how, OP? Have you conducted a survey or something? I'm not trying to be rude, I just want to know how you can say that all women feel a certain way about all men, unless you have proof/documentation?

no photo
Sat 02/06/10 03:44 PM
I don't think trust is a male/female thing, it's a human thing, either you have trust issues or you don't. And if you do, you need to work on yourself before you try to get into a relationship. Otherwise, all you're going to do is keep ****ing it up.

no photo
Sat 02/06/10 03:42 PM

BUT, here is something to think about....aren't you doing the same assuming all women do this? I treat people like individuals. I have learned from the past and hopefully I am more aware of the future.

But....how many times do you see someone here ask for advice, and the knee jerk reaction is to say " DUMP EM!!! "..or " Kick em to the curb "...or " Run away and don't look back ".

I have been here for a couple of years now and I could probably count on one hand the number of times I have seen a woman, any woman, step forward and say " Hey wait a second here...maybe the guy is actually....."

Whether people want to accept it or not, past occurrences play a BIG part in our perceptions of the opposite sex.

The vast majority of the time, the worst is assumed.

Yep, we let the past destroy us, sad but true. The trick is to get over it before trying to involve others.

no photo
Sat 02/06/10 03:38 PM

Well, it's not a one-way street.

Speaking from a male perspective, it's pretty much incomprehensible for me to even consider the possibility that I could meet someone radically different (i.e., compatible) from the last several dozen....

I try not to overgeneralize but it's become difficult, since I can now actually predict the exact day when they will start trying to change me....!

shades

Well, all great leaders are all-knowing....

no photo
Sat 02/06/10 03:36 PM

I have a mother who is addicted to pills, hates everyone around here and thinks all women are stupid and inferior. I'm strong willed and stubborn and I know damn well that I'm not stupid or inferior. Sometimes it's hard to remember

I've never seen a psychiatrist because I know they'll try and medicate me or tell me I'm unfixable. I sometimes think it would be more damaging to know what my issues are than it is to just live through them.

I'm spending as much time with my sister right now as I can. She's moving far away and without a car it'll be hard to see her and the kids. It's gonna be hard on me but it'll be good motivation.

flowerforyou You're definitely not stupid or inferior. I'm pretty sure you're not unfixable either. You're a great person and your sister is lucky to have you.

no photo
Sat 02/06/10 03:32 PM
Thanks JAG.flowerforyou

no photo
Sat 02/06/10 03:29 PM

My name means that my Dad overruled my Mom when it came to naming me, but couldn't come up with anything, so he just thumbed through the bible and picked something. lol

It's a good name. Could be worse, I have some relatives with the most horrid names imaginable, their father wanted to be original- it worked, but they have my deepest sympathies...

Actually...I am quite thankful that my Dad stepped up and told my Mom that there was no way in hell her name for me was gonna fly...lol

It wasn't Hemaker was it? Or Cathedral? Or Cephus?

Those are just a few of their names....

Nope. My mother, in her infinite wisdom, was dead set on naming me after Christopher Columbus.

Well, Christopher is nice, but I understand about the Columbus part. Oh well, at least she didn't want to call you Adolf.:wink:

no photo
Sat 02/06/10 03:05 PM
Awesome write, I love it.flowerforyou

no photo
Sat 02/06/10 03:02 PM
Hello and welcome.flowerforyou

no photo
Sat 02/06/10 02:52 PM
Thanks jimz.flowerforyou

no photo
Sat 02/06/10 02:46 PM
I've already had the worst day of my life, I think I'll be good from here on in.laugh

no photo
Sat 02/06/10 01:43 PM
I'm not very good at sticking to main ideas. Even with my writing- stories, not poetry- I keep getting so many freaking story lines twisted, and then I have to go back and make corrections. I guess it gets too big.

I'm considering writing a poem about the self-portrait I drew last night but I figure it might be too soon. Then again, it's not really about the same thing, so maybe it's not overkill. Maybe one of these days I'll be completely out of words, that might be nice.

no photo
Sat 02/06/10 12:46 PM

I still want to know why they don't wear undies with the kilt? You can't see panty lines or anything, so why?huh

Easy access... laugh

Seriously, it's a chafing issue, and Scotland has this whole issue with midges which are nasty little bugs like no-see-ums.

But wouldn't undies keep the bugs out? Seems like not wearing them would only make their stuff easier to be bitten.scared

no photo
Sat 02/06/10 12:41 PM
Nice imagery.drinker

no photo
Sat 02/06/10 12:35 PM
I still want to know why they don't wear undies with the kilt? You can't see panty lines or anything, so why?huh

no photo
Sat 02/06/10 12:34 PM
Let it hurt and then let it go.flowerforyou

no photo
Sat 02/06/10 12:26 PM
It seems to take more talent though, I don't follow the "rules" of poetry, I just write. I know I do it wrong, but it just feels good to let the words out, so I do it. With lyrics, you have to keep a rhythm and make sure it flows right and all that. Most of my poetry sucks, but it's healing.

Bastardized poetry, I like that.

no photo
Sat 02/06/10 12:19 PM

My name means that my Dad overruled my Mom when it came to naming me, but couldn't come up with anything, so he just thumbed through the bible and picked something. lol

It's a good name. Could be worse, I have some relatives with the most horrid names imaginable, their father wanted to be original- it worked, but they have my deepest sympathies...

Actually...I am quite thankful that my Dad stepped up and told my Mom that there was no way in hell her name for me was gonna fly...lol

It wasn't Hemaker was it? Or Cathedral? Or Cephus?

Those are just a few of their names....

no photo
Sat 02/06/10 12:04 PM
It's after 3 pm and I haven't eaten- nor am I hungry.
Over-saturation is bad, but I'm tempted to do it anyway.
I'm looking forward to pills, they make everything all better.

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25