Sun 07/06/14 11:31 AM

no photo
Sun 07/06/14 11:31 AM

no photo
Sun 07/06/14 11:12 AM
Edited by AthenaRose2 on Sun 07/06/14 11:30 AM

no photo
Sun 07/06/14 10:43 AM

We are never perfect, God uses the imperfect to show us though, that we can grow to walk and live more in Christ regardless of our imperfections or sins,, I love this

waving

no photo
Sun 07/06/14 09:14 AM
America has a smorgasbord of beauties to choose from every ethnicity.

For particular attributes I find alluring its Colombian and Puerto Rican women...

no photo
Sun 07/06/14 08:53 AM

7. There are more people behind bars today for a drug offense than there were in 1980 for all offenses combined.
11. A first-time drug offense carries a sentence of 5-10 years.
12. The vast majority of those arrested with a drug offense are not charged with serious offenses. For example, in 2005, 4 out of 5 drug arrests were for possession, not sales.
13. In the 1990s, marijuana possession accounted for nearly 80% of the spike in arrests.
16. More than 96% of convictions in the federal system result from guilty pleas rather than decisions by juries.
17. Conservative estimates put innocent people who plead guilty between 2% and 5%, which translates to tens of thousands of innocent people behind bars today.
18. Eighty percent of defendants cannot afford a lawyer. Tens of thousands of people go to jail every year without ever talking to a lawyer or going to trial.

Social scientists have found that children growing up in single parent families are disadvantaged in other ways when compared to two biological parent families.

Many of these problems are directly related to the poor economic condition of single parent families, not just to parenting style.

These children are at risk for the following:

lower levels of educational achievement
twice as likely to drop out of school
more likely to become teen parents
more conflict with their parent(s)
less supervised by adults
more likely to become truants
more frequently abuse drugs and alcohol
more high-risk sexual behavior
more likely to join a gang
twice as likely to go to jail
four times as likely to need help for emotional and behavioral problems
more likely to participate in violent crime
more likely to commit suicide
twice as likely to get divorced in adulthood

Studies have also found that children who live in a two parent family where one parent is abusive or has a high level of antisocial behavior do not do as well as children whose parents divorce if the child then lives in a single parent family with the nonabusive parent.

Read more: http://www.healthofchildren.com/S/Single-Parent-Families.html#ixzz36ghwYkBu

frown

There's so many dysfunctional without prospects for beneficial education, careers, or stable coexistent/loving relationships that drugs either numb the hopelessness or bring excitement to the psyche and become the only form of entertainment and distraction while jails/prisons are their home away from homes.

Prisons often times provides those who've grown up and known only pillar to post with a family type environment where some become the female to their male partner and may live happily ever after with the modern day comforts they wouldn't have on the outside.

Once being paroled etc., they'd rather go back in where the familiar stability is much preferred over the solitude of a branded existence. From what I've learned...

Then there's the innocent being locked up... I'm not saying it's right, but it would seem that something about their lifestyles may have put them in a position to be an easier target for an already quasi-corrupt legal system that doesn't need much of a nudge to incarcerate somebody for the crimes being committed.

And I'm wondering if black men are just being reported about more than white men when it pertains to the % data? And what about Mexicans?

smokin

I think some the factors you cite here have more to do with it than profiling by the police. The police are often from minority populations themselves, and scrutinized so closely for profiling that the argument had become almost moot.

I think the statistic about guilty pleas being the main reason and your comment about the potential poverty levels are very telling as prison, tho it IS prison, is three squares a day for free, a bed and a roof over the head.....all at our expense.....

Not only are authority figures scrutinized for profiling behavior, now with modern technology even in our remote rural county video cam vests and/or patrol cars catch every event so there's solid and mostly indisputable evidence during arrests to take to court if accusations are made.

Our main problem in the USA is overpopulation from forgotten morals and illegal immigrants with no family structure. IMO. But without the taxes of those who pay them to provide what little basic living expenses the system dependents need to survive our country would literally be in chaos.

I know a lot of functional people begrudge the dysfunctional poor and needy who might also be alcoholic drug abusers trying to numb the shame they often deal with as a have not. But there's just as many alcoholic drug addicts in the middle and upper classes too. And the only difference in people's positions in life is accessibility. Doors are open for some that are held shut to others. Again IMO.

no photo
Sun 07/06/14 08:32 AM
OMGoodness... I've had enough for now... shades between the tender skin on my palms and fingers blistering from the steering wheel to getting knocked in the head with branches laden with apples ready for picking, I've just about had my workout for the day... laugh at least I've got a few rays to put some color back in my cheeks... after all I much prefer the sun kissed look to the pale of the shade... :tongue: but I think I'll wait until it cools off this evening before I do the detail pushing work.

no photo
Sun 07/06/14 07:05 AM
Well it's time to mow once again... riding the open spaces...

... and pushing the tight spots... ohwell

... even have to cut some overhanging limbs... and pull some weeds... ohwell ohwell

no photo
Sun 07/06/14 05:25 AM

no photo
Sun 07/06/14 05:20 AM

no photo
Sun 07/06/14 04:56 AM
Edited by AthenaRose2 on Sun 07/06/14 05:10 AM

7. There are more people behind bars today for a drug offense than there were in 1980 for all offenses combined.
11. A first-time drug offense carries a sentence of 5-10 years.
12. The vast majority of those arrested with a drug offense are not charged with serious offenses. For example, in 2005, 4 out of 5 drug arrests were for possession, not sales.
13. In the 1990s, marijuana possession accounted for nearly 80% of the spike in arrests.
16. More than 96% of convictions in the federal system result from guilty pleas rather than decisions by juries.
17. Conservative estimates put innocent people who plead guilty between 2% and 5%, which translates to tens of thousands of innocent people behind bars today.
18. Eighty percent of defendants cannot afford a lawyer. Tens of thousands of people go to jail every year without ever talking to a lawyer or going to trial.

Social scientists have found that children growing up in single parent families are disadvantaged in other ways when compared to two biological parent families.

Many of these problems are directly related to the poor economic condition of single parent families, not just to parenting style.

These children are at risk for the following:

lower levels of educational achievement
twice as likely to drop out of school
more likely to become teen parents
more conflict with their parent(s)
less supervised by adults
more likely to become truants
more frequently abuse drugs and alcohol
more high-risk sexual behavior
more likely to join a gang
twice as likely to go to jail
four times as likely to need help for emotional and behavioral problems
more likely to participate in violent crime
more likely to commit suicide
twice as likely to get divorced in adulthood

Studies have also found that children who live in a two parent family where one parent is abusive or has a high level of antisocial behavior do not do as well as children whose parents divorce if the child then lives in a single parent family with the nonabusive parent.

Read more: http://www.healthofchildren.com/S/Single-Parent-Families.html#ixzz36ghwYkBu

frown

There's so many dysfunctional without prospects for beneficial education, careers, or stable coexistent/loving relationships that drugs either numb the hopelessness or bring excitement to the psyche and become the only form of entertainment and distraction while jails/prisons are their home away from homes.

Prisons often times provides those who've grown up and known only pillar to post with a family type environment where some become the female to their male partner and may live happily ever after with the modern day comforts they wouldn't have on the outside.

Once being paroled etc., they'd rather go back in where the familiar stability is much preferred over the solitude of a branded existence. From what I've learned...

Then there's the innocent being locked up... I'm not saying it's right, but it would seem that something about their lifestyles may have put them in a position to be an easier target for an already quasi-corrupt legal system that doesn't need much of a nudge to incarcerate somebody for the crimes being committed.

And I'm wondering if black men are just being reported about more than white men when it pertains to the % data? And what about Mexicans?

smokin

no photo
Sun 07/06/14 12:32 AM
Edited by AthenaRose2 on Sun 07/06/14 01:25 AM

Exodus 20:1-3

Commandment #1

And God spoke all these words, saying:

"I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage."

"You shall have no other gods before me."

Exodus 20:18-21 (NKJV)

Now all the people witnessed the thunderings, the lightning flashes, the sound of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking; and when the people saw it, they trembled and stood afar off.

Then they said to Moses, "You speak with us, and we will hear; but let not God speak with us, lest we die."

And Moses said to the people, "Do not fear; for God has come to test you, and that His fear may be before you, so that you may not sin."

So the people stood afar off, but Moses drew near the thick darkness where God was.

I think it's very telling of the times when the first commandment God gave the Children of Israel after He rescued them from their oppressors was "NOT" to have any other gods to worship in place of Him.

God wanted His children to address Him directly. But feeling the weight of the guilt of sin and rebellion they preferred to have a human intermediary speak for and to them.

By this stage of their journey out of sin and degradation back to the intimate closeness with the Creator, they'd seen what the God of heaven and their forefathers could do to His enemies the Egyptians for turning their hearts and minds away from Him and His innate authority.

So having been psychology broken and scarred by the harsh taskmasters and will of the Pharaohs the Isrealites lacked all faith in His love and tender mercy and instead equally feared Him too.

:angel:

I think in order to understand the full scope of why God found it necessary to create the Ten Commandments in stone and have Moses present and teach them to His people after freeing them from bondage to unbelievers, we have to go back to the beginning.

Genesis 1:26-27

Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

Genesis 2:7

And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

Genesis 2:18

And the Lord God said, "It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him."

Genesis 2:21-22

And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place. Then the rib which the Lord God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man.

Genesis 2:23-24

And Adam said:

"This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man."

Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

Genesis 3:20

And Adam called his wife's name Eve, because she was the mother of all living.

Genesis 4:1-7

Now Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain, and said, "I have acquired a man from the Lord."

Then she bore again, this time his brother Abel. Now Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

And in the process of time it came to pass that Cain brought an offering of the fruit of the ground to the Lord.

Abel also brought of the firstborn of his flock and of their fat. And the Lord respected Abel and his offering, but He did not respect Cain and his offering. And Cain was very angry, and his countenance fell.

So the Lord said to Cain, "Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen? If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it."

According to Genesis God originally created the earth and everything on it for His enjoyment. He also created a man and woman as a married couple, husband and wife, so they could procreate while working together tending the Garden of Eden, His special meeting place where they could socialize with God directly.

Given that God created our original ancestors, Adam and Eve as full grown adults who lacked survival skills and the knowledge of good and evil (rebellion and sin) He instructed them about what they could eat and what they could do for their own good health and safety.

As their Creator/Father, God also instructed them about the importance of resting from their daily labor and taking time to commune with Him every 7th day.

Genesis 1:26-31

Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. Then God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth."

And God said, "See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food. Also, to every beast of the earth, to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, in which there is life, I have given every green herb for food"'; and it was so.

Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good.

Genesis 2:8-9

The Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden, and there He put the man whom He had formed. And out of the ground the Lord God made every tree grow that is pleasant to the sight and good for food.

The tree of life was also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Genesis 2:15-17

Then the Lord God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to tend and keep it. And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, "Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die."

Apparently in the beginning man, animal and bugs alike all were to eat green herbs and fruit for food.

And God gave Adam strict instructions about NOT eating from the ONE and ONLY tree that was forbidden, the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Genesis 2:19-20

Out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them. And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name. So Adam gave names to all cattle, to the birds of the air, and to every beast of the field.

Apparently God created the animals and man alike directly from the ingredients existing in the earth. This is an awesome idea to contemplate even if I cannot truly fathom it.

Right from the onset of creation God bestowed on Adam the power and responsibility to lead.

Genesis 2:18

And the Lord God said, "It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him."

Then God created a woman, Eve, to stand by a man's side, Adam, to help him rule.

Genesis 3:8

Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said to the woman, "Has God indeed said, 'You shall not eat of every tree of the garden'?"

And the woman said to the serpent, "We may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden; but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, 'You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.'"

Then the serpent said to the woman, "You will not surely die. For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate.

Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves coverings.

And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden.

According to Scripture it was Adam that God was speaking directly too when giving instructions. And now a serpent speaks directly to Eve and she carries on a conversation with it. She even trusts it enough to take its advice to disobey her husband and Father, God.

Once guilty of sin and rebellion, Eve talks Adam into eating the forbidden fruit too. Adam knew better but apparently his love for his wife was so strong that he didn't want to lose her so he rebelled too.

I assume that up to this point nothing had died so Adam and Eve didn't really know what the consequences of death truly meant.

Genesis 3:8-12

And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden.

Then the Lord God called to Adam and said to him, "Where are you?"

So he said, "I heard Your voice in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; and I hid myself."

And He said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you that you should not eat?"

Then the man said, "The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I ate."

Both could feel the weight and shame of the guilt they equally shared and in their naivete they thought they could hide it from their Creator/Father.

But of course Adam, rather than manning up and confessing his own disobedience he immediately blamed Eve for his personal actions.

Genesis 3:13-19

And the Lord God said to the woman, "What is this you have done?"

The woman said, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate."

So the Lord God said to the serpent: "Because you have done this,
You are cursed more than all cattle, and more than every beast of the field; On your belly you shall go, and you shall eat dust all the days of your life.

And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise His heel."

To the woman He said: "I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception; In pain you shall bring forth children; Your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you."

Then to Adam He said, "Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat of it': "Cursed is the ground for your sake; In toil you shall eat of it all the days of your life. Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you, and you shall eat the herb of the field. In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread till you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken; For dust you are, and to dust you shall return."

And of course Eve followed her husband's example and blamed the serpent for her personal actions.

But now Eve was no longer Adam's equal. Now because of her weakness and rebellion she was to be ruled by her husband. And Adam would toil and struggle to take care of his family.

noway ... ohwell

Genesis 4:8-17

Now Cain talked to his brother Abel, and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother and killed him.

Then the Lord said to Cain, "Where is Abel your brother?" He said, "I do not know. Am I my brother's keeper?"

And the Lord said, "What have you done? The voice of your brother's blood cries out to Me from the ground. So now you are cursed from the earth, which has opened its mouth to receive your brother's blood from your hand.

When you till the ground, it shall no longer yield to you its strength to you. A fugitive and a vagabond you shall be on the earth."

And Cain said to the Lord, "My punishment is greater than I can bear! Surely You have driven me out this day from the face of the ground; I shall be hidden from Your face; I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond on the earth, and it will happen that anyone who finds me will kill me."

And the Lord said to him, "Therefore, whoever kills Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold." And the Lord set a mark on Cain, lest anyone finding him should kill him.

Then Cain went out from the presence of the Lord and dwelt in the land of Nod on the east of Eden. And Cain knew his wife, and she conceived and bore Enoch. And he built a city, and called the name of the city after the name of his son, Enoch.

Cain was jealous of his brother Abel because God favored Abel's offering of the best of his flock that symbolized his obedience to God's instructions and Christ's future self sacrifice.

While God detested Cain's offering that consisted of the best of his garden. Rather than Cain honoring and obeying God he was showing off his skill and bounty not realizing it was God who made his garden fruitful, it wasn't because of Cain's sweat and toil.

The hatred that Cain felt toward his brother that inspired him to murder is the same hatred Jesus would endure hanging on the cross for our sins of disobedience and rebellion. And His death and self sacrifice would ensure our debts would be paid to pave the way for our reunion with God the Father some day.

When Cain killed Abel it was another instance of good vs evil, Satan vs God. And it was the beginning of the path that would divide everyone's footsteps either leading in one direction or the other.

Those who will humble themselves and become like little children obeying God and His instructions...

Or those who are arrogant and proud of their abilities and accomplishments who follow their own ways and ideals instead...

And just like our first parents, Adam and Eve, rather than accepting personal responsibility for the decisions we make and actions we take we tend to like to blame everybody else for why we do things.

But ultimately, according to Scripture we will ALL answer individually for every word and deed.

Genesis 4:18-24

To Enoch was born Irad; and Irad begot Mehujael, and Mehujael begot Methushael, and Methushael begot Lamech. Then Lamech took for himself two wives: the name of one was Adah, and the name of the second was Zillah.

And Adah bore Jabal. He was the father of those who dwell in tents and have livestock. His brother's name was Jubal. He was the father of all those who play the harp and flute.

And as for Zillah, she also bore Tubal-Cain, an instructor of every craftsman in bronze and iron. And the sister of Tubal-Cain was Naamah.

Then Lamech said to his wives: "Adah and Zillah, hear my voice; Wives of Lamech, listen to my speech! For I have killed a man for wounding me, Even a young man for hurting me. If Cain shall be avenged sevenfold, Then Lamech seventy-sevenfold."

You may wonder what genealogy has to do with the Ten Commandments, but unless you know the whole story behind why they were created in the first place there relevance to us today may not be so apparent. IMO.

Plus, if we do take the bible at face value it's cool to see what it says about where all the real talent and sin originally sprang from.

Genesis 4:25-26

And Adam knew his wife again, and she bore a son and named him Seth, "For God has appointed another seed for me instead of Abel, whom Cain killed."

And as for Seth, to him also a son was born; and he named him Enosh.

Then men began to call on the name of the Lord.

If we know anything about human nature it's that when things are going good we tend not to seek the Lord's guidance or blessings, it's only when something bad happens that we may instinctively call out His name and begin praying, "Dear God, PLEASE HELP ME/US!"

So we assume that it was the same way back then because as the old saying goes, "If we don't remember the past we are doomed to repeat it."

Well, the men began calling on the name of the Lord for some reason, so we have to dig deeper into the Word to appease our curiosity.

Genesis 5:1-32

This is the book of the genealogy of Adam.

In the day that God created man, He made him in the likeness of God. He created them male and female, and blessed them and called them Mankind in the day they were created.

And Adam lived one hundred and thirty years, and begot a son in his own likeness, after his image, and named him Seth. After he begot Seth, the days of Adam were eight hundred years; and he had sons and daughters.

So all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years; and he died.

Seth lived one hundred and five years, and begot Enosh. After he begot Enosh, Seth lived eight hundred and seven years, and had sons and daughters.

So all the days of Seth were nine hundred and twelve years; and he died.

Enosh lived ninety years, and begot Cainan. After he begot Cainan, Enosh lived eight hundred and fifteen years, and had sons and daughters.

So all the days of Enosh were nine hundred and five years; and he died.

Cainan lived seventy years, and begot Mahalalel. After he begot Mahalalel, Cainan lived eight hundred and forty years, and had sons and daughters.

So all the days of Cainan were nine hundred and ten years; and he died.

Mahalalel lived sixty-five years, and begot Jared. After he begot Jared, Mahalalel lived eight hundred and thirty years, and had sons and daughters.

So all the days of Mahalalel were eight hundred and ninety-five years; and he died.

Jared lived one hundred and sixty-two years, and begot Enoch. After he begot Enoch, Jared lived eight hundred years, and had sons and daughters.

So all the days of Jared were nine hundred and sixty-two years; and he died.

Enoch lived sixty-five years, and begot Methuselah. After he begot Methuselah, Enoch walked with God three hundred years, and had sons and daughters.

So all the days of Enoch were three hundred and sixty-five years. And Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him.

Methuselah lived one hundred and eighty-seven years, and begot Lamech. After he begot Lamech, Methuselah lived seven hundred and eighty-two years, and had sons and daughters.

So all the days of Methuselah were nine hundred and sixty-nine years; and he died.

Lamech lived one hundred and eighty-two years, and had a son. And he called his name Noah, saying, "This one will comfort us concerning our work and the toil of our hands, because of the ground which the Lord has cursed." After he begot Noah, Lamech lived five hundred and ninety-five years, and had sons and daughters.

So all the days of Lamech were seven hundred and seventy-seven years; and he died.

And Noah was five hundred years old, and Noah begot Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

Because I find the Scriptures so enlightening, and yes, sometimes they are confusing too, I personally spent about 5 years researching and studying them daily during my first marriage when my ex and I were members in leadership positions at our church.

We didn't own a TV or listen to the radio either so I had plenty of downtime to fill when I was alone at home. Needless to say I developed family tree charts and all just to simplify the bible story in my own head.

And it was a pretty cool experience, although now nearly 30 years after I walked away from it all to get a job in the secular world does my memory need some refreshing too. slaphead

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25