Community > Posts By > AthenaRose2

no photo
Sat 07/05/14 02:52 PM

if they are described as crazy by their friends, I prefer it

if they are described as crazy by their doctor im running away

laugh better start runnin then... cuz my family doc told me the last time we talked in fact that he knows I'm crazy, but I'm a funny crazy rather than an ornery type... of course he said this as we both were cuttin' up and laughin' about it. slaphead

no photo
Sat 07/05/14 02:38 PM
^^^^ intellectual foreplay ... yum yum tongue2 I can really get into a good long mind f***in for sure... :angel: :wink:

no photo
Sat 07/05/14 01:13 PM
Seriously? It's amazing the things I learn online relating to every generation and modern day civilization. slaphead Here in my solitary neck of the woods life goes by and there's never any excitement or distractions out of the ordinary. So the younger generation's way of being, speaking, seeing and interacting makes me realize just how different our worlds really are. Yet still very much the same. And sometimes it does get hard to relate. And I can only imagine if I'm still around 15 years from now what's going to spark my interest then.

I don't think I can picture that conversation.

no photo
Sat 07/05/14 12:28 PM
Edited by AthenaRose2 on Sat 07/05/14 12:30 PM

Reverse psychology is a technique involving the advocacy of a belief or behavior that is opposite to the one desired, with the expectation that this approach will encourage the subject of the persuasion to do what actually is desired: the opposite of what is suggested.slaphead

i dont know if i should reply to this topic, or not.......i think i might be being manipulated into doing something....:wink:

laugh you're funny... yeah that's right... I said it... laugh

That's probably what everybody else is thinking too... tongue2

slaphead

no photo
Sat 07/05/14 12:27 PM

Hmm.. abuse the "hell "out of it..
before you lose it!!.. because when that happens... you'r gonna wish, you really used it...:banana: slaphead :angel:

I can always count on you... laugh :tongue:

no photo
Sat 07/05/14 12:22 PM

I think intimacy has reached a point that it will never come back from, objectification. Movies have made Love out to be this cliche thing that will never really happen... 2 people have to be in complete agreement that they want each other, you can't just say that you don't like somebody right now and later down the line thing they're actually the love of your life.. it happens.. but it's more likely to get struck by lightning twice, why do I start talking about love? cause sexuality topics don't include it, and an aspect of sex is making love, yes.. you can have meaningless sex and it'll feel the same, but that goes to show that nobody values what its worth anymore, its just a "good time" I can rant about this all day, but I'll just make a quick addition to the "sexual power over others"

"if you do not have sex with me, you don't really love me" the sick twisted method used by both guys AND girls to get their partner to partake in sexual acts to which they do not feel ready for.... if that person needs sex to realize you love them, well.... hmmmmmmm

have a great night.

Hi Slowliving, welcome to Mingle2 and the forums. I hope you don't mind that I checked out your profile because you seem to be so young with such an old soul. And what you say makes a lot of sense.

The way our cultures have changed so drastically since the sexual revolution and media market started advancing quantity over quality it's not surprising that objectification rather than true love is the seemingly acceptable norm these days.

And when I really wrap my head around what you're saying that people can have meaningless sex and nobody values its worth anymore because it's just a good time... that intimacy and love are just cliches... I go like whooooaa... you're right.

In so many ways what we value most in human connection is slipping from our grasp. And once it's gone there's no way to get it back. We dream and fantasize about what we want and are willing to give until our individual needs have to be met. Then it becomes more of a survival of the fittest. Who is more willing to give to get. And when we don't get what we expect we move on to the next and then the next... until sooner or later we could just be running on autopilot, going through the motions.

You're still young yet. And I hope you're best days are still ahead, and you'll be able to find that something special and meaningful that will rock your world.

Thank you for reading and contributing to this topic. :thumbsup:

no photo
Sat 07/05/14 11:31 AM
^^^^^ in sweet memory... thank you Jarsno... flowerforyou

no photo
Sat 07/05/14 08:40 AM

I love hummingbirds and I hang feeders every year. This morning I went over to my ex-mil's to pick up something my ex left for me. When I arrived at the front porch and was about to climb the steps I could see and hear a tiny green hummingbird on the ground wrestling and screaming with red ants attacking it.

Of course I immediately dropped everything and picked it up getting bit by the ants I was brushing off the baby beauty. Then I cradled it and walked in the house to sit and talk for a little while with the bird in my hand and then simultaneously it clung to my blouse.

A few times it tried to fly and seemed to be getting its strength back so I cut my visit short to take it back to my place and make some sweet water for it.

Knowing the dogs would be curious about the bird in hand I left it resting on the carpet under my front porch and went inside. Not gone more than the 3 minutes it took to mix the liquid I was hoping would restore it to health I quickly returned to find the little fella had died just that fast.

And I... :cry: I felt bad that I couldn't save it but at least the tiny creature didn't have to be eaten alive and in agony for the last 30 minutes of its life.

no photo
Sat 07/05/14 08:22 AM

Yes ma'am.
Someone wit PTSD may need more patience than so-called normal people.

I can truly imagine... slaphead

no photo
Sat 07/05/14 08:20 AM

Is there ever an extreme that makes us too much of a mess?

Nope, there are no extremists here. indifferent

Yeah... okay then... :tongue:

laugh

no photo
Sat 07/05/14 08:19 AM

I'm a total mess, but I'm a blast to be around lol. And you won't find a better person than me. Crazy and all

laugh flowers

no photo
Sat 07/05/14 08:13 AM

^^^^ I hope they were checking for drunk drivers. :thumbsup:

My father was murdered by one when he was only 51. :angry:

I deplore anyone who drives incapacitated in any way. Drunk driving is indeed one of the biggest causes of unnatural death, but I think vehicles should be equipped with an analyzer to prevent starting it if you are drunk, not violating peoples rights!

Congress has voted down such a bill many times. The courts refuse to hear such arguments.... probably because it would make most of them pedestrians! Such a device would not be influenced by their rank or title which they feel places them "above the law".

So while I agree with you in in the fact that drunk drivers should be arrested, and have the full force of law brought to bear on them if "caught" in the act, it surprises me your acceptance to allow peoples constitutional rights to be violated to do so.

People have a right to travel, but doing so with your abilities impaired violates the rights of others to do so safely.

^^^^ I hope they were checking for drunk drivers. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

My father was murdered by one when he was only 51. :angry: mad

First of all... checkpoints are also implemented for safety reasons to determine drug trafficking, DUI status, proper identification and insurance coverage etc., especially during holiday seasons when a lot of people like to party and try to get away with criminal activity.

So... if drivers are NOT abiding by the local laws where they are stopped and inspected they deserve to be fined and/or arrested depending on the infractions found at the location.

Also... if people are legally above board and don't have anything to hide than a few minute delay for questioning can make us feel safer rather than violated.

And it doesn't matter to me if it's a citizen's arrest being made if someone is breaking the law and putting others lives and health at risk, so long as the innocent and law abiding don't have to pay the price of the lawless who want to do things their way.

On the roads people have the right to life, first and foremost, and any constitutional questions or concerns can be better addressed in a court of law. IMO.

It has been addressed in the courts, found unconstitutional, and they do it anyway. So they break the law to enforce the law and that's OK with you? And people wonder how things have gotten so out of hand in govt! slaphead

Why don't we just form vigilante groups and start throwing people in cages because they have to be guilty of something! Apparently rights and the law don't matter if it's for the common good. That's Obozothink!

What's NOT okay with me is the fact that I created this thread in an effort to celebrate the 4th of July in a positive and meaningful way by saluting those who've stood and sacrificed for what they believe in that makes our country what it is today. Flaws and all.

And as usual the topic has been utilized to make me the focus of some kind of bad judgment call on my part again.

As far as what's okay with me or not if people's rights are being violated... I make my personal stands and sacrifices when and where I can in reality, I don't just talk about things here on online forums.

And there is a place and a time for everything.

So when I'm making an effort to enjoy the holiday spirit one way and you want thread followers to experience the holiday spirit in another way I'm going to speak up whether you agree with my point of view or not.

I know our country needs some serious attitude adjustments, but I want to be part of the solution, not part of the problem. And I try to keep my opinions as moderate as possible so as not to offend everybody else that doesn't think exactly how I do.

Anyway, I'm not going to continue this discussion now that the 4th is behind us again for another year. The rest of you can though.

Cheers... drinker

no photo
Sat 07/05/14 05:39 AM

I deplore anyone who drives incapacitated in any way. Drunk driving is indeed one of the biggest causes of unnatural death, but I think vehicles should be equipped with an analyzer to prevent starting it if you are drunk, not violating peoples rights!

Congress has voted down such a bill many times. The courts refuse to hear such arguments.... probably because it would make most of them pedestrians! Such a device would not be influenced by their rank or title which they feel places them "above the law".

So while I agree with you in in the fact that drunk drivers should be arrested, and have the full force of law brought to bear on them if "caught" in the act, it surprises me your acceptance to allow peoples constitutional rights to be violated to do so.

People have a right to travel, but doing so with your abilities impaired violates the rights of others to do so safely.

^^^^ I hope they were checking for drunk drivers. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

My father was murdered by one when he was only 51. :angry: mad

First of all... checkpoints are also implemented for safety reasons to determine drug trafficking, DUI status, proper identification and insurance coverage etc., especially during holiday seasons when a lot of people like to party and try to get away with criminal activity.

So... if drivers are NOT abiding by the local laws where they are stopped and inspected they deserve to be fined and/or arrested depending on the infractions found at the location.

Also... if people are legally above board and don't have anything to hide than a few minute delay for questioning can make us feel safer rather than violated.

And it doesn't matter to me if it's a citizen's arrest being made if someone is breaking the law and putting others lives and health at risk, so long as the innocent and law abiding don't have to pay the price of the lawless who want to do things their way.

On the roads people have the right to life, first and foremost, and any constitutional questions or concerns can be better addressed in a court of law. IMO.

no photo
Sat 07/05/14 03:47 AM
... drives you absolutely crazy insane with love, passion, jealousy, confusion... and you wouldn't want them to be any other way?

Women can be complex in the extremes... we can be delicate, fragile, soft, sensitive, demure, shy, funny, outgoing, tough, hard, mean, manipulative, abrasive, insecure...

Men can be complex in the extremes as well.... they can be strong, protective, loving, giving, funny, shy, outgoing, controlling, demanding, manipulative, abrasive, weak, insecure...

Women and men have many different facets to our personalities... good and bad... even if we don't like to admit it to ourselves.

Regardless to the level of crazy we might personally possess are we still desirable to the opposite sex? Is there ever an extreme that makes us too much of a mess?

no photo
Sat 07/05/14 02:07 AM

no photo
Sat 07/05/14 01:21 AM

The word sexuality has so many different connotations yet directly evolves around our innate need for human contact both physically and emotionally.

How do you define its application in life?

no photo
Sat 07/05/14 01:04 AM

no photo
Sat 07/05/14 12:47 AM

no photo
Sat 07/05/14 12:45 AM

no photo
Sat 07/05/14 12:39 AM

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25