Community > Posts By > AthenaRose2

no photo
Wed 07/02/14 03:34 AM
I would love to spend $13 on Mega Millions tickets with numbers I dreamed up, and then magically win the lottery so I could afford better healthcare while turning my bucket list dreams into a reality.

Of course, before I begin focusing on myself, I'd buy the land and hire the team needed to start building the group homes for the unwanted children I'd bring under my wing.

I'm afraid my fantasy about winning the lottery will never come true though. ohwell

no photo
Wed 07/02/14 02:47 AM
Richard Marx

"Hold On to the Nights"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBmNTLxclXE

no photo
Wed 07/02/14 02:43 AM
^^^^ good morning Vegasrose. waving

Now this would be what I'd call a hardcore caffeinator... laugh what not a word? is now... :tongue:

Well, today's gonna be another long but pleasant one. The Daphne office finally called yesterday to schedule a revisit in 3 weeks so we can go over the MRI results.

Have a great day Minglers, whether at work or just at play. winking

no photo
Wed 07/02/14 02:31 AM
I'd love to travel the world to see the places of worship (churches) that each religion and their members money inspires.

Although I'm afraid I wouldn't find many of their pews filled on the Sabbath or Sunday unless it's a religious holiday like Easter or Christmas.

no photo
Wed 07/02/14 02:18 AM
Happiness is... finding out the one you have a secret crush on has one on you too. tongue2

no photo
Wed 07/02/14 01:51 AM
Edited by AthenaRose2 on Wed 07/02/14 01:53 AM

Exodus 20:1-3

Commandment #1

And God spoke all these words, saying:

"I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage."

"You shall have no other gods before me."

Exodus 20:18-21 (NKJV)

Now all the people witnessed the thunderings, the lightning flashes, the sound of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking; and when the people saw it, they trembled and stood afar off.

Then they said to Moses, "You speak with us, and we will hear; but let not God speak with us, lest we die."

And Moses said to the people, "Do not fear; for God has come to test you, and that His fear may be before you, so that you may not sin."

So the people stood afar off, but Moses drew near the thick darkness where God was.

I think it's very telling of the times when the first commandment God gave the Children of Israel after He rescued them from their oppressors was "NOT" to have any other gods to worship in place of Him.

God wanted His children to address Him directly. But feeling the weight of the guilt of sin and rebellion they preferred to have a human intermediary speak for and to them.

By this stage of their journey out of sin and degradation back to the intimate closeness with the Creator, they'd seen what the God of heaven and their forefathers could do to His enemies the Egyptians for turning their hearts and minds away from Him and His innate authority.

So having been psychology broken and scarred by the harsh taskmasters and will of the Pharaohs the Isrealites lacked all faith in His love and tender mercy and instead equally feared Him too.

:angel:

I think in order to understand the full scope of why God found it necessary to create the Ten Commandments in stone and have Moses present and teach them to His people after freeing them from bondage to unbelievers, we have to go back to the beginning.

Genesis 1:26-27

Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

Genesis 2:7

And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

Genesis 2:18

And the Lord God said, "It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him."

Genesis 2:21-22

And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place. Then the rib which the Lord God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man.

:angel:

no photo
Wed 07/02/14 01:41 AM

no photo
Wed 07/02/14 12:57 AM

Nobody has better access to our significant others than our friends.

How do you deal with "in your face" flirtations between your partner and your friends?

If "off limit" lines are crossed and your friend taps a piece of a$$ from your partner do you easily forgive them both? Seek revenge? Or move on from them entirely?

I consider this an invitation for us to begin to "swing" and then proceed from there. :tongue:

Who gets to swing first? Who pushes from behind? How high? Can you get off in mid air? tongue2

this sounds like some kind of reference to the Mile High Club ... lol

un poco de esto un poco de aquello ... :wink:

no photo
Wed 07/02/14 12:51 AM

WHY DO PEOPLE CHEAT?�?

Because they have no respect for their partner or themselves. IMO.

i really wanna knw y people cheat in a relationship..hmu

I've never cheated in a relationship so I can't attest to exactly what kinds of excuses people use in their own minds to make this practice of dishonor and deceit acceptable.

When I reach the point with my partner where I'd rather be with someone else I divorce the one before moving on to another. All the men I've known don't like their women cheating on them even though some don't have a problem doing it themselves. And the men that have cheated on me didn't respect my feelings or the value of our reputation as a couple.

Cheaters bring shame on their family name when their behavior is made public and neighbors mostly side with the innocent partner. If both are cheaters their family name is generally mud because it shows a complete lack of dignity or respect on both partners part.

I realize there are relationships in which both partners are agreeable to swinging or cheating, but even in these open minded scenarios it's hard for me to believe that people who will orgy or have multiple sexual partners besides their significant other really do love and respect one another, or if they're just both into indiscriminate sex.

In these types of unions I wonder how long they really last once a partner falls for a better lover they hooked up with. Or if couples actually make lifetime commitments and have families they can teach these same loose morals too. I wonder if the children of swingers then go on to think its okay to be unfaithful too.

no photo
Wed 07/02/14 12:20 AM

Would you date a Bisexual

Unknowingly... yes.

Hypothetically speaking....

What if you are dating a man or woman and you are growing feelings for them......then they tell you they are bisexual....would that be a deal breaker.....

Enjoy Minglers....pitchfork

Knowingly... yes.

no photo
Tue 07/01/14 01:25 PM

I have had the urge but,,,,,

So, just in terms of tact, do you think people should wait a while before starting a thread about someone's response in another thread?

for example, if someone had a thread disparaging republicans and one participant wrote something arguable and negative about what republicans stand for,,,

is it odd, or tacky, or just par for the course, for another thread to open immediately about how dumb people who don't support republicans are?

I Ask, because I see this often, and probably have done so myself, but when I see it I always feel like its kind of juvenile, so I try to catch myself when I get the urge to do so,,,,

do you giggle at the tit for tat rivaling threads? does it seem juvenile? or is it just par for the social forum course?

I think those of us who post regularly and know what's going on with each other's threads feed off each other. And that's a normal function between people communicating publicly.

It makes for better entertainment for those watching the forums and also provides various opportunities for people to post on one thread that might not feel comfortable posting on another. IMO.

Personally, I'm not that much into being snarky although I'm just as capable of doing it at times too.

no photo
Tue 07/01/14 12:36 PM

no photo
Tue 07/01/14 12:36 PM

no photo
Tue 07/01/14 12:33 PM

no photo
Tue 07/01/14 12:32 PM
laugh

no photo
Tue 07/01/14 08:19 AM
Edited by AthenaRose2 on Tue 07/01/14 08:26 AM
I'd like to chalk my stick again... :wink:

and wipe the smile off his face... tongue2

The only thing I'd fear is the time it'd take me to stand up straight again... laugh

no photo
Tue 07/01/14 08:09 AM
I'd love to throw a cast net again...

And experience a flounder jubilee...

Even net a mess of blue crabs...

But I'd be afraid to eat anything I brought to shore these days due to the various levels of contamination... scared

no photo
Tue 07/01/14 07:27 AM
I'd love to bowl a perfect game... :banana:

Although I'm afraid I've lost my aim... noway

tongue2

no photo
Tue 07/01/14 06:48 AM

rofl slaphead rofl

waving

no photo
Tue 07/01/14 06:46 AM
Eventually I want to make my way to France... in search of my many scattered ancestors... waving

Although I'm afraid they won't recognize me, or I them after so much time and distance apart... :laughing:

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25