Community > Posts By > AthenaRose2

no photo
Sat 07/05/14 12:36 AM
Now where was I.... Oh yeah.... slaphead

no photo
Sat 07/05/14 12:32 AM

no photo
Sat 07/05/14 12:15 AM
Reverse psychology is a technique involving the advocacy of a belief or behavior that is opposite to the one desired, with the expectation that this approach will encourage the subject of the persuasion to do what actually is desired: the opposite of what is suggested.

slaphead

no photo
Fri 07/04/14 03:28 PM
Since it's almost time for me to turn in I won't be posting after dark, so here's my final tribute to our 2014 remembrance of today.

no photo
Fri 07/04/14 03:08 PM

Do you get your way more than you give in?

Do you choose to lose some battles you know you can easily win?

Do you hold others to the same standards you hold yourself or do you let them take the lead in your life?

no photo
Fri 07/04/14 02:48 PM
Edited by AthenaRose2 on Fri 07/04/14 02:46 PM

no photo
Fri 07/04/14 02:42 PM

You've had a hot, hot romance, broken up and moved on. Then you see each other again by chance, your eyes meet and you KNOW THAT LOOK... :tongue:

Do you take another chance, even possibly cheating on who you're with just to have one more taste? Thinking maybe you didn't know what you had until someone else has it now?

Are you a glutton for punishment?

This isn't about me... I'm happily single at the moment and haven't had a hot romance in many many years... :tongue:

no photo
Fri 07/04/14 02:13 PM

Money is the only thing I trust.

I very much like this response too... :thumbsup:

no photo
Fri 07/04/14 02:13 PM

You've had a hot, hot romance, broken up and moved on. Then you see each other again by chance, your eyes meet and you KNOW THAT LOOK... :tongue:

Do you take another chance, even possibly cheating on who you're with just to have one more taste? Thinking maybe you didn't know what you had until someone else has it now?

no photo
Fri 07/04/14 01:51 PM

Dating risks

when you are in a situation that would put another person at risk,,, how soon or long do you wait to tell them about it,,,?

for instance..

having an std
having a stalker
being in a dangerous occupation

,,,sometimes we are so eager to 'have' someone, we dont think about what impact our presence in their life might have on them...

would you share these things with someone you were going to be 'involved' with?

If I don't disclose upfront then I'm risking rejection when my truth is eventually known anyway. So its best to lay my cards on the table before we talk about actually getting serious.

Casual dating is one thing, getting involved is another.

As far as dating risks go....

How about if a man is a momma's boy?

Should he warn his dates in advance because he knows his possible future partner will be interrogated by his mother and she'll have to pass her inspection because she'll play a major role in his relationship? She may even insist that he break up with his partner if his mother decides at some point she wants him too.

Me personally, I prefer not to get involved with men that either still live at home with their mother, or she plays an active role in his life because she and what she wants will always come first to him. Been there, done that, won't do it again.

What about people who are not dependable? They job hop and move from pillar to post in search of the next best thing. Should they disclose their lack of stability before luring someone in?

Or serial cheaters? Should they tell their date they have no morals in advance so they can decide if they're a risk worth taking?

no photo
Fri 07/04/14 12:53 PM
I've never had tons of money, but I've heard people that do say its hard to know who to trust because they could be close to you just to get your money.

I couldn't imagine being happy with tons of money if I always had to live in fear of who to trust.

Personally, I'd love to have tons of money to be able to experience what life is like for the people that do. But I'd also love to be able to trust the friends I have at the top would be the same ones I'd have at the bottom too.

I guess I can't really say which is more valuable until I've experienced them both to the same degree. slaphead

no photo
Fri 07/04/14 08:36 AM

Can you live happily without one if you have tons of the other?

no photo
Fri 07/04/14 08:12 AM
Oh wow! I get it. Some woman is jealous of or wants to be you. So they're trying to get under your skin.

Yeah, I know women can be kinda naggy and obsessive that way, but what's a real hot mess is when a man who fosters and unleashes his more effeminate side acts like a biiotch! With these types we have not only the traits of a woman but the ego of a man meshed together creating pure bedlam... smokin

no photo
Fri 07/04/14 08:01 AM
Well, I believe in order to have a spiritual connection we first have to have a personal one. And we develop personal relationships by getting to know one another. So the only way to know a God that is unseen is to read about Him from whatever source we have available.

I was taught about God through many years of studying His word via the Bible, while others learn about Him through whatever method their church or religious affiliation teaches.

For the basis of this thread I'm using the NKJV of the Bible to focus more on the Ten Commandments and their meaning to not only our ancestors but to us today too, and also their relevance, if any, in our everyday lives.

Rules of every kind are created to keep order, for safety purposes, and they are used as guidelines between wrong and right. Some people adhere to rules more strictly than others, while others trash them completely and make them up as they go along.

I say to each his/her own on how we choose to administer and/or abide by rules, whether religious or secular in our own personal and professional lives.

no photo
Fri 07/04/14 07:48 AM
Jeezzz... if people are posting your private data on public forums seems like you could get that STOPPED. I feel for you...

no photo
Fri 07/04/14 07:41 AM
Edited by AthenaRose2 on Fri 07/04/14 07:43 AM

no photo
Fri 07/04/14 07:39 AM
^^^^ There's no need to apologize about anything. The thread is open for everyone to post as they like. I haven't even read anything that's been posted that hasn't been directed at me or hasn't been an invitation for me to personally respond.

I know already from reading other threads that we all have different takes on the bible and religious concepts, so I'm posting what I've been inspired to share, just as I'm sure the rest of you are too...

All's good. :thumbsup:

no photo
Fri 07/04/14 07:34 AM

no photo
Fri 07/04/14 07:31 AM

no photo
Fri 07/04/14 07:28 AM

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25