Community > Posts By > Lance1205

Lance1205's photo
Mon 06/02/08 01:36 PM
Only men will reply to this....sorry mostly men.

Lance1205's photo
Mon 06/02/08 01:36 PM

Lance1205's photo
Mon 06/02/08 01:20 PM
1 John 4:7-12
"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love. By this the love of God was manifested in us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him. In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another."

Lance1205's photo
Mon 06/02/08 12:45 PM
laugh laugh laugh laugh glasses :tongue:

Lance1205's photo
Mon 06/02/08 12:23 PM

only after getting knowledge from the forbidden fruit did Adam and Eve realized they were naked and then placed on fig leaves but why?..

it wasn't like there were other people around and they both surely was use to seeing each other in the nude and even if they placed on fig leaves because of god then couldn't they comprehend that God could see through those fig leaves with his super super x-ray vision

so does this suggest that Adam and Eve was no smarter than the sheep in the garden or Eden before they ate the apple of knowledge ..also do this means that Adam and Eve didn't retain enough knowledge to even understand not to eat the apple that was placed before them just as a sheep wouldn't understand not to eat a clump of grass place before it

so now comes the question as to why would a God condemn a species of life forms because of supposed sins committed by two simpletons he himself created to be simpletons and why would their offsprings then consider Satan as being evil simply because he gave the two simpletons the means to no longer be two simpletons

since the religion is based on the sins of Adam and Eve then does the bible make any reference as to how smart Adam and Eve were before they ate the apple of knowledge

and going by today's standards what school grade would Adam and Eve been recomended to be place in with the level of education they had before they ate the Apple of Knowledge

Genesis 1:26 The God said "let Us make man IN OUR IMAGE (intellegence), according to our likeness; and let them RULE OVER the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.
27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them."

Genesis 2:15 "The the Lord God took the man and put him into the garden of Eden to cultivate it and keep it."

Genesis 2:18-23
Then the Lord God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him: Out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the sky, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man CALLED a living creature, that was its name. The man gave names to all the cattle, and to the birds of the sky, and to every beast of the field, but for Adam there was not found a helper suitable for him. So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place. The Lord God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man. THE MAN SAID (meaning he Spoke...he was smarter than cattle!), This in now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman because she was taken out of Man.

Lance1205's photo
Mon 06/02/08 11:08 AM
Also I enjoy playing paintball, not a sin nothing wrong at all with it. But say a friend wants my help with something and I had planned to play paintball that weekend, that's my weekend. It wouldn't necessarily be WRONG of me to go play paintball but it would bring joy to my Lord and I would be serving someone else and I would be DIEING TO MYSELF!

Lance1205's photo
Mon 06/02/08 11:00 AM

WHAT PHYSICALLY MAKES ME BELIEVE IS GOD. HE MAKES ME BELIEVE. I don't believe because everyone else believes because at the time I was saved none of my family or any of my friends believed. Only my dad believed but I had to forsake all else. It's not easy following Christ. You must die daily to yourself and the things you enjoy in order to serve Him and others. So it's not out of comfort I believe.

You said something here that really intrigued me and I hope I can get you to explain a little more in depth. Please understand I am not trying to ridicule or judge but this is the first time I have ever seen it explained this way.

You said, "You must die daily to yourself and the things you enjoy in order to serve him and others. So it's not out of comfort I believe"

I would be very interested in what exactly that means. The way I am reading that it seems like you almost see worshipping christ as a chore or something that you don't necessarily like doing but feel that you have too. If I am interpreting that wrong please let me know. I just always thought that most people that believe in christ because the belief brings them comfort and peace of mind. Although you state the reason you believe is not out of comfort. Very interesting statement.

It's things that my flesh enjoys. Sin is fun to do and it feels good it is an enjoyment. I serve the Lord because it brings me joy to make Him happy, it brings me joy to glorify His name. It is not a big sacrifice to sacrifice the things my flesh enjoys, maybe I should have put flesh there. But think about it, sex out of wedlock is sin and abomination against God. It's brings a great level of enjoyment and satisfaction. It's sinfully wonderful, I had to sacrifice it, not as a chore but out of the love that God put in me. God put that love there when He made me to believe. Also, to me not to everyone, drukeness was a blast getting high smoking pot, I loved all of those things my flesh desires them. I had to put them down leave them behind for that sake of following christ I must turn from those things. And to my shame some of these things do seem like a chore sometimes, but that is wrong I should be excited to serve my God. But I serve Him from compassion. But it's definatly not comfort, He gives me peace, and comfort in Him (everlasting comfort) but in this moment the here and now the world is not comforting it is war, sin wars at my flesh, my flesh wars with my spirit. I must constantly be on guard and work and labor in the scriptures so that I am not overtaken by my own lust. Lust for pride, lust for worldly treasures, lust for women. God comforts me in tribulation, but if I was only doing it out of comfort I would have fallen away long ago.

1 John 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome.

It is not a chore to serve my God but in the world it is not comforting. My friends have turned from me because I will no longer follow after their ways, my grandmother has cursed me for speaking truth, not against her just speaking it. She simply tells me to shut up now. But what does God tell me. Let your light shine before men. No one puts a lamp under a basket, they put it on the lampstand and it gives light to the whole house. I must witness for the Lord because He tells me to. Why do I do it? Because I love Him and want to see Him glorified and be made much of, because He has made much of undeserveing me:cry: Romans 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we (I) were yet sinners, Christ died for us (me)."

Mark 8:34-35
"And He summoned the crowd with His disciples, and said to them, 'If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel's will save it.'"

Deny who? "yourself" Why? Because YOURself is sinful, it is, before salvation,dead! Christ makes us alive in Him and dead to ourselves! But we must still die to ourselves daily in order to glorify Him. Because OURselves cannot glorify Him. We need to shun OURselves in order to be able to glorify Him. How? repent and trust in Christ. Then Christ will become the propititation for our sins and we can glorify Him according to who He is, not according to who we are.

But it is a great enjoyment to serve Christ, but I would not have known that enjoyment if I continued to find joy in worldly things. Does this answer it better?

Lance1205's photo
Mon 06/02/08 10:33 AM
A friend of mine is a 21 year old virgin waiting for marriage. But he has become drunk a few times and said and did things that were purely motivated by something he can get, ie kiss or something. I've said things to women in my past while drunk that I could not or would not say sober but WERE feeling or thoughts I had while sober. So it could be that he has feelings for you but was embarressed that he had said it. Or it could be that he wanted something, ask him pointedly and believe what he says. Think the best and trust him.

Lance1205's photo
Mon 06/02/08 08:36 AM

I agree with what your saying. I am married but getting a divorce and get ridiculed for moving on. People say I am an "adulterous" woman because I am moving on. Then if I say I am prodeath penalty I get yelled at for the whole "Let the person who has not sin cast the first stone bs. Then there are a lot of Christians that will even judge other Christians for not meeting their standards of what a Christian should be. Other people also say that with all the crap I have been through where was Christ and the Lord. It's like they scrutinize everything you do because your faith falls under the heading "Christianity"

Let me be the first to congratulate you on your divorce! I am all for moving on and I would NEVER call you an "adulterous" woman.

The above is a very good example why non-Christians are hard on Christianity. They judge other people and always seem to try to tell people how they should live their life and impose their standard upon others.

On the other hand I have never ever felt this kind of thing from a Buddist, Pagan, Wiccan, Muslim, etc. Only from Christians.

So yes, you will find that when you push, people will push back.
It is the law of cause and effect. If you are going to join the group that call themselves Christians you will feel this resistance.

Lance1205 said:

Oh so if I go to a forum topic and say I'm a Christian I'm not going to get questioned and and my faith tested and possibly ridiculed for it. The world does not accept christianity.

No, you will be questioned and your faith will be tested and possibly ridiculed for it.

SO???

Instead of whining about it, you might ask yourself why is this happening.

The world does not accept Christianity? What world are you living in? That's bull crap. Try seeing how successful an atheist or Buddist or Muslim would be if they wanted to run for president of the United States, or even for any public office and see how accepting people are of that. People would sooner elect a black man or a woman for president than they would a person who did not proclaim to be a "Christian."

I think it is high time for an pantheist president. bigsmile drinker

JB

Right I possibly should have said the world does not accept CHRIST. Christianity is a religion and up for interpretation but Christ is not. So my appologies for my wording there.

Lance1205's photo
Mon 06/02/08 08:31 AM

There is less tolerance for christianity than many other religions

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Not.

Oh so if I go to a forum topic and say I'm a Christian I'm not going to get questioned and and my faith tested and possibly ridiculed for it. The world does not accept christianity. A muslim earlier in this room said he was a muslim and someone said, "I know a muslim" And another gave him a heart and flowers. I'm not saying thats wrong my any stretch of the imaginiation I think tolerance for people is a good thing. But I have witnessed first hand how people deal with Chrisians verses other religions. If someone said "I'm a budist." yes people MIGHT question him/her out of curiosity but his faith wouldn't be brought into scrutiny for it, and later if he got mad at someone and said something wrong he wouldn't be called a hypocrit and people say "ha some budist you are." But we as christians get that all of the time.

I agree with what your saying. I am married but getting a divorce and get ridiculed for moving on. People say I am an "adulterous" woman because I am moving on. Then if I say I am prodeath penalty I get yelled at for the whole "Let the person who has not sin cast the first stone bs. Then there are a lot of Christians that will even judge other Christians for not meeting their standards of what a Christian should be. Other people also say that with all the crap I have been through where was Christ and the Lord. It's like they scrutinize everything you do because your faith falls under the heading "Christianity"

Ah forget about all that, just live biblically how Christ taught us to live and let your conscience be pure and no one will have anything to say against you. Be careful not to be prideful. Many of you christian brothers and sisters may be bringing things to you in the wrong way but they may still be biblical. Search your heart and flee from pride.

John 15:18-20
"If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you.
If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you.
Remember the word that I said to you, 'A slave is not greater than his master ' If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they kept My word, they will keep yours also."
and
1 John 3:13
Do not be surprised, brethren, if the world hates you.

But we as christians are also required not to give an opportunity for people to ridicule us according to sin. If we have done wrong it requires repentance, and turning from our sins. Christ did not die as a liscense for us to go on sinning but "...the Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil." If we go on sinning as christians we make christs death in vain. And grieve the holy spirt.

Lance1205's photo
Mon 06/02/08 07:42 AM

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Not.

Oh so if I go to a forum topic and say I'm a Christian I'm not going to get questioned and and my faith tested and possibly ridiculed for it. The world does not accept christianity. A muslim earlier in this room said he was a muslim and someone said, "I know a muslim" And another gave him a heart and flowers. I'm not saying thats wrong my any stretch of the imaginiation I think tolerance for people is a good thing. But I have witnessed first hand how people deal with Chrisians verses other religions. If someone said "I'm a budist." yes people MIGHT question him/her out of curiosity but his faith wouldn't be brought into scrutiny for it, and later if he got mad at someone and said something wrong he wouldn't be called a hypocrit and people say "ha some budist you are." But we as christians get that all of the time.

Lance1205's photo
Mon 06/02/08 06:46 AM

Lance1205's photo
Mon 06/02/08 04:25 AM
WHAT PHYSICALLY MAKES ME BELIEVE IS GOD. HE MAKES ME BELIEVE. I don't believe because everyone else believes because at the time I was saved none of my family or any of my friends believed. Only my dad believed but I had to forsake all else. It's not easy following Christ. You must die daily to yourself and the things you enjoy in order to serve Him and others. So it's not out of comfort I believe.

Lance1205's photo
Fri 05/30/08 01:13 PM
Yes a bunch. I've helped people on the church with their farm. And helped people move. Helped my next door neighbor with his car.

Lance1205's photo
Fri 05/30/08 01:06 PM
It's called chivalry something we need to remember and get in the habit of again

Lance1205's photo
Fri 05/30/08 01:06 PM
It's called chivalry something we need to remember and get in the habit of again

Lance1205's photo
Fri 05/30/08 01:05 PM

Lance1205's photo
Fri 05/30/08 01:05 PM

Lance1205's photo
Fri 05/30/08 12:37 PM
Nice

Lance1205's photo
Fri 05/30/08 12:10 PM
Only if she's hot too.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11