Community > Posts By > Kleisto

Kleisto's photo
Fri 03/29/13 09:08 PM
Edited by Kleisto on Fri 03/29/13 09:10 PM
Oh and I am not someone who is wanting to state to pay me anything......I don't think ANY of us should be dependent on the state, for money, for rights, for the ability to tell us what to do, or anything else. I am for personal responsibility.......I know that's a dirty term I know.....but that's what I support. Government needs to do one thing and one thing only, SERVE its' public. Dictating and making people dependent on them is not serving, that's controlling.

Frankly, you say I should be a hermit if I want absolute freedom? Maybe that's not a bad idea......cause it's easier to pull away from everyone than have to deal with ignorant people all the time.........

Kleisto's photo
Fri 03/29/13 09:02 PM

People vote against freedom because they prefer being told what to do by people they don't like and don't respect either because they think there's something in it for them, because they never grew up enough to parent themselves, or because slavery is all they've ever known and they fear the vast and unknown expanse called liberty.

people vote for a civil, safe, and equal environment

people who feel those things should be sacrificed for the sake of being 'free' to do whatever they want,, call it voting against freedom
It stands to reason that where there’s sacrifice, there’s someone collecting sacrificial offerings. Where there’s service, there’s someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master.
Ayn Rand

sacrifice is a part of life as is compromise, the man who tries to live without it wishes to live against the laws of survival, in a fantasy where the universe revolves only around himself,,,,
msharmony

Except those taking don't WANT compromise, they want total power, and they'll get it because of people like you who won't stand up against them and tell them no when they step too far. It's one thing to make sacrifices in a moment that will benefit you in that moment, done rationally. It's another to give up thing after thing after thing blindly, not asking why or questioning those asking for it. Guess which side you're on?

assume and generalize much?

who are the 'they' I dont stand up against?

and what is it Im supposed to be 'against'?

when I compromise or sacrifice, I know exactly why, its not done blindly at all...

So you think, but if you can't see........that's not my problem. You'll realize one day.......

and if you don't know who the "they" is or what you should be against......I'm not gonna waste my breath trying to explain, not worth it. You figure it out.

I will take the continued generalization as not being able to actually answer the question,

Oh I could answer the questions, but it'd be wasted on the likes of you, because anyone who has tried to wake you up has not been heard. No point. You stay in your fantasy world if you want, I've pretty much stopped caring.

Kleisto's photo
Fri 03/29/13 08:59 PM
Edited by Kleisto on Fri 03/29/13 08:59 PM

So you think, but if you can't see........that's not my problem. You'll realize one day.......

huh The fact that msharmony disagrees with you doesn't mean that she "can't see".

Let me explain thing in "Star Trek" terms.

At times, the needs of the community outweigh the desire of the individual to have absolute freedom.

When you live in a community, you bear some responsibility for maintaining what the community needs. Otherwise, if you receive benefits from the community without helping the community maintain its needs, then you are a free-loader.

If you don't want to be a free-loader, and yet, you want to have absolute freedom, then you should live as a hermit.

\
Is clear you fail to see as much she does...........but that's your progorative.....just don't blame those that tried to open your eyes when you realize what you've bought into. You're either free to live as you choose in your personal live, or you are a slave to someone elses whims, can't be both. Sorry if that bursts your utopian bubble but it just can't happen.

Kleisto's photo
Fri 03/29/13 05:10 PM

People vote against freedom because they prefer being told what to do by people they don't like and don't respect either because they think there's something in it for them, because they never grew up enough to parent themselves, or because slavery is all they've ever known and they fear the vast and unknown expanse called liberty.

Except you don't get any of that......you get slavery.

As the saying goes those that sacrifice liberty for temporary safety get and deserve neither. And that's what is happening in America today, we vote stupidly, we get stupid in return.

there are plenty of sayings that make no sense

adults have to sometimes sacrifice and make difficult choices

there isnt always the choice to have liberty and safety (when 'liberty' means 'i should be able to do whatever I wish')

and of course, what is the point of a life where I can do whatever I want as long as I dont DIE and bombs are going off all around me,,,?

no, I can sacrifice some things I may 'want'( notice , a want is something different than a need) so me and my family can be safe

thats probably 'stupid' to some who are caught up in dreamy ideals and dont place priority on actual human life

but it makes perfect sense to me

Actually we DO place priority on human life, enough to know that an individuals rights need to matter......it's you people who don't care for it enough to protect them. It's you who are the true selfish people wanting to control everyone else based on your desires.

'individual rights' are nice in regards to anything that ONLY Will affect the individual

and when people live 'in the moment' they cant see beyond that

but those who look at the bigger picture, the LONG TERM ,,,etc,,

know that very few things we do or dont do ONLY Affect us,,,,

And those who look at the bigger picture ALSO know that everything happening now is going to effect us long term as well......it's really YOU that is not looking at the long term effects, not us. You care so much about "safety" that you fail to look beyond the present moment to understand how that is being used against you. It is that attitude that will be the ultimate downfall of America.....and you will only have yourself to blame because you allowed it.

Kleisto's photo
Fri 03/29/13 05:06 PM
Edited by Kleisto on Fri 03/29/13 05:07 PM

people who feel those things should be sacrificed for the sake of being 'free' to do whatever they want,, call it voting against freedom
It stands to reason that where there’s sacrifice, there’s someone collecting sacrificial offerings. Where there’s service, there’s someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master.
Ayn Rand

sacrifice is a part of life as is compromise, the man who tries to live without it wishes to live against the laws of survival, in a fantasy where the universe revolves only around himself,,,,
msharmony

Except those taking don't WANT compromise, they want total power, and they'll get it because of people like you who won't stand up against them and tell them no when they step too far. It's one thing to make sacrifices in a moment that will benefit you in that moment, done rationally. It's another to give up thing after thing after thing blindly, not asking why or questioning those asking for it. Guess which side you're on?

assume and generalize much?

who are the 'they' I dont stand up against?

and what is it Im supposed to be 'against'?

when I compromise or sacrifice, I know exactly why, its not done blindly at all...

and if you don't know who the "they" is or what you should be against......I'm not gonna waste my breath trying to explain, not worth it. You figure it out.

Kleisto's photo
Fri 03/29/13 06:37 AM

As the saying goes those that sacrifice liberty for temporary safety get and deserve neither. And that's what is happening in America today, we vote stupidly, we get stupid in return.

there are plenty of sayings that make no sense

adults have to sometimes sacrifice and make difficult choices

there isnt always the choice to have liberty and safety (when 'liberty' means 'i should be able to do whatever I wish')

and of course, what is the point of a life where I can do whatever I want as long as I dont DIE and bombs are going off all around me,,,?

no, I can sacrifice some things I may 'want'( notice , a want is something different than a need) so me and my family can be safe

thats probably 'stupid' to some who are caught up in dreamy ideals and dont place priority on actual human life

but it makes perfect sense to me

Actually we DO place priority on human life, enough to know that an individuals rights need to matter......it's you people who don't care for it enough to protect them. It's you who are the true selfish people wanting to control everyone else based on your desires.

Kleisto's photo
Fri 03/29/13 06:34 AM

Ayn Rand

msharmony

Kleisto's photo
Fri 03/29/13 04:36 AM
Edited by Kleisto on Fri 03/29/13 04:36 AM
doubled

Kleisto's photo
Fri 03/29/13 04:36 AM

When you think about it, neither the state nor the church should be parties to the marriage contract. I guess nobody ever gives it a second thought that you "have to get" a marriage license (permission from the state), or sign the "marriage register" (to surrender the "fruits" of the marriage to church/state by giving them legal title)

In old Scotland, they had the "Proclamation of the Banns" and in China, the happy couple just drank from the same cup...I think they had the right idea, after all, why involve more parties in a 2-party contract?

If we'd been doing stuff that way in this day & age, gay marriage wouldn't be an issue at all because there'd be no concerns about adoption rights, whether or not "G-d approves", tax deductions, etc...None of that stuff would be anybody else's business.

Truth, although you'd probably still get some flak from religious people in cases where it was known outright in an area who was a homosexual couple, but very good comment just the same.

Kleisto's photo
Thu 03/28/13 11:26 PM
Edited by Kleisto on Thu 03/28/13 11:27 PM

Kleisto's photo
Thu 03/28/13 07:35 PM

Culture

Marriage reduces poverty

Charlie Butts (OneNewsNow.com)
Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Marriage proves to be an excellent way to keep children from growing up in poverty.

That conclusion was reached through a study done by The Heritage Foundation. Spokesman Robert Rector tells OneNewsNow a child's probability of growing up in poverty is reduced by 82 percent when the parents are married.

Rector

"If you look nationwide, in a given year about 37 percent of the single-parent families with children are poor," he says. "By contrast, of the married two-parent families, only 7 percent of them are poor. And you know what? That reduction occurs even if you make a comparison between parents at the same education level."

Rector points out that what the mainstream press in America never acknowledges is that with 70 percent of the poverty in America occurring in single-parent families, marriage is a key solution to poverty.

"It's actually a stronger factor than graduating from high school," he adds. "Now, I'm not suggesting that people should drop out of high school -- [finishing high school is] clearly a very positive thing. But the fact of the matter is that marriage is actually more powerful in terms of its social and economic outcomes, and no one talks about it. It's a big secret."

Rector says the experts on the subject know it, but there "really has been a gag rule on talking about the benign effects of marriage in the United States for decades."

http://www.onenewsnow.com/culture/2012/09/25/marriage-reduces-poverty

it has always just made sense to me

the foundation of life is the male and female together, and the best potential for a life once born is with that foundation in tact,,,

my biggest regrets are bringing my children up in split families,,,,

I would advise anyone against purposefully creating a life with someone they werent committed to raising that life with,,,

but would that need a Church-and-State sanctioned Institution?

I think the odds of commitment increase when people have the commitment witnessed by family and community,,,,and mandated by the law

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

I think the divorce rate disagrees with you........

I think the divorce rate proves marriage can break up just like casual relationships

but what I stated was I dont think it happens AS OFTEN When people have had their commitment recognized by family and community as when they are just hooking up

again........the divorce rate disagrees.....they are generally recognized......and they still break apart.

Kleisto's photo
Thu 03/28/13 07:16 PM
Edited by Kleisto on Thu 03/28/13 07:18 PM

I don't think he is worrying about gay marriage at all, that's kinda the point of his statement. We're worrying about the wrong things, and I agree with that, this should be a non issue. If gays wanna marry they should be able to do so, there's bigger things to worry about than that happening.

its a false logic which ASSUMES that people are or are not worrying on one thing based upon their voicing an opinion about something else

we are capable of ' worrying' about many things at once

but conversations are best if they center around one topic at a time,,,

When you look at our world and what we are turning a blind eye to while focusing on insignificant ****.......yeah it's not so false.......

Kleisto's photo
Thu 03/28/13 07:15 PM

All of this is just a distraction of what's really going on. We are on a downward economic spiral in this country and people's main concerns are are if John & Jim or Sue and Anita can legally marry? WTF?

I say do whatever makes you feel good, so long as you don't bother other people. There are much bigger things to be concerned about.

amen.....our priorities are so far out of whack it's insane......language too, we get more uptight what words someone uses than what they do.

Kleisto's photo
Thu 03/28/13 03:53 PM

Culture

Marriage reduces poverty

Charlie Butts (OneNewsNow.com)
Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Marriage proves to be an excellent way to keep children from growing up in poverty.

That conclusion was reached through a study done by The Heritage Foundation. Spokesman Robert Rector tells OneNewsNow a child's probability of growing up in poverty is reduced by 82 percent when the parents are married.

Rector

"If you look nationwide, in a given year about 37 percent of the single-parent families with children are poor," he says. "By contrast, of the married two-parent families, only 7 percent of them are poor. And you know what? That reduction occurs even if you make a comparison between parents at the same education level."

Rector points out that what the mainstream press in America never acknowledges is that with 70 percent of the poverty in America occurring in single-parent families, marriage is a key solution to poverty.

"It's actually a stronger factor than graduating from high school," he adds. "Now, I'm not suggesting that people should drop out of high school -- [finishing high school is] clearly a very positive thing. But the fact of the matter is that marriage is actually more powerful in terms of its social and economic outcomes, and no one talks about it. It's a big secret."

Rector says the experts on the subject know it, but there "really has been a gag rule on talking about the benign effects of marriage in the United States for decades."

http://www.onenewsnow.com/culture/2012/09/25/marriage-reduces-poverty

it has always just made sense to me

the foundation of life is the male and female together, and the best potential for a life once born is with that foundation in tact,,,

my biggest regrets are bringing my children up in split families,,,,

I would advise anyone against purposefully creating a life with someone they werent committed to raising that life with,,,

but would that need a Church-and-State sanctioned Institution?

I think the odds of commitment increase when people have the commitment witnessed by family and community,,,,and mandated by the law

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

I think the divorce rate disagrees with you........

Kleisto's photo
Thu 03/28/13 01:55 PM
Edited by Kleisto on Thu 03/28/13 01:56 PM

Marriage is a religious practice and government should not be in it. Government wants to be involved so they can tax certain things involve with marriage.

Now if something comes up for a vote by the people, then it is law and not even the courts has a right to over turn the will of the people. When the people vote, not politicians, which is the highest authority in the land. Are highest rules, like the Constitution and Bill of Rights can only be change by the people. Sure it has to pass congress first but only when 2/3, if I remember correctly, votes one way then that way becomes law.

Marriage is not a right in our country but a privilege. I don’t recall marriage being in the Constitution.

i'm not for gay marriage by any means, but technically, i think that gay marriage could be considered in the constitution, under the pursuit of happiness clause...

pursuit of happiness is the declaration of independence, not the constitution,,,

but , I agree, that and a pandoras box of other activities could easily slide into the category of 'pursuit of happiness',,,,

Heaven forbid people are allowed to pursue their own path to personal happiness.......

I swear some of you people need to get over yourselves, you act as if everything revolves around you and what you want and how you wish people to act. Doesn't work that way.

Kleisto's photo
Thu 03/28/13 01:52 PM

I think its ridiculous that this is getting so much attention when Obama just into law H.R. 933 which includes section 755 which is the Monsanto Protection Act.

We have drones flying over us spying us.

Our employees are continuously making backroom closed door deals without letting us know about them.

The NDAA is still in effect.

DHS is buying up all the ammo.

DHS just purchased over 2000 light armored tanks.

The gulf coast is still in shambles because of BP, BUT gay marriage is getting all the attention. Merica, get your priorities straight.

Whining about how these topics aren't getting enough coverage in a thread they have nothing to do with isn't going to do anything.

I'm not whining, just pointing out that we have far more important things to worry about than two men marrying. Gays wanting to get married benefits gays, what I posted would a great benefit to us all to do something about or grave decision to focus on distractions which is what this is.

Do something about it, then, and stop worrying about gay marriage. Complaining about those things in this thread will do nothing except get the thread off topic.

I don't think he is worrying about gay marriage at all, that's kinda the point of his statement. We're worrying about the wrong things, and I agree with that, this should be a non issue. If gays wanna marry they should be able to do so, there's bigger things to worry about than that happening.

Kleisto's photo
Wed 03/27/13 11:35 PM
Not THIS again.........slaphead

There really should be legal action taken against these people that do this crap.

Kleisto's photo
Wed 03/27/13 10:41 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/mexican-vigilantes-seize-town-on-major-highway-arrest-police-after-vigilante-leader-is-killed/2013/03/27/3d890a9c-9726-11e2-a976-7eb906f9ed9b_story.html

I don't agree with the fact they brought civilians into this and harmed some of them, but the idea is good, at some point taking matters into your own hands is the only option left to stop the real criminals.

Kleisto's photo
Wed 03/27/13 10:16 PM
Edited by Kleisto on Wed 03/27/13 10:17 PM

who's taking away who's rights? no matter how this gay marriage thing goes, someones rights are getting trampled on.. i think my right to live in a country that has some moral values left is worth voting for...

What rights are getting trampled if gay marriage is legalized?

another dumb question... can you not read? it is answered in the SAME POST!!!!

Where has your right to live in this country been taken away? No one is forcing you to be gay, have a gay marriage, associate with gay people and so on. And why do you believe nothing is worth voting for anymore?

i never said that... your confused... put your glasses on and reread what i posted... i said: i think my right to live in a country that has some moral values left is worth voting for...

it means i will always vote no on it, not not vote ... if your fine with living in a society with no morals, then vote the way you want...

Whose morals? Yours? Who do you believe should decide on the morals we should all be living by?

why are you arguing? my morals are my morals, if don't like them, then go bug someone else.. i'm tired of you people trying to tell me how to think, all you democrats do is say how right and just you are, and everyone else is wrong... this country survived for 300 years without losing their moral sense, and people like you want to through it all out the window over a stupid thing like gay marriage, just another drain on our sinking ship we call America...

Well, you said you want to be able to live in a country that has morals. Clearly, you have an idea of whose morals you want to live by. So, whose morals do you believe this country should live by? This shouldn't be a tough question.

your right, it's not a tough answer... the ones that are in place are fine with me...

Keyword YOU, as in YOU YOURSELF ALONE......why should everyone else be forced to bow down to your wishes??? Are we free or are we not?

NOT

the roads we drive on dont erect by themself, taxes pay for them
the schools our children go to and the teachers who instruct them dont do it for free, taxes pay for them
the security we have isnt armed with natural products that grow from trees,, their training and supplies take money

any number of the things that we are able to ENJOY every day are only available because of the MONEY contributed by taxpayers to provide them

so no, we are not FREE, from some type of responsibility to the communities and society in which we live,, and not just responsibility for 'ourself'

Least you admit it......first honest thing that's came out of your mouth in this thread. None of those things relate to personal behavior though......

In any case, if you really think all that money goes to what they tell you it does.......all I can say to that is......

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Kleisto's photo
Wed 03/27/13 08:58 PM
Edited by Kleisto on Wed 03/27/13 08:58 PM

who's taking away who's rights? no matter how this gay marriage thing goes, someones rights are getting trampled on.. i think my right to live in a country that has some moral values left is worth voting for...

What rights are getting trampled if gay marriage is legalized?

another dumb question... can you not read? it is answered in the SAME POST!!!!

Where has your right to live in this country been taken away? No one is forcing you to be gay, have a gay marriage, associate with gay people and so on. And why do you believe nothing is worth voting for anymore?

i never said that... your confused... put your glasses on and reread what i posted... i said: i think my right to live in a country that has some moral values left is worth voting for...

it means i will always vote no on it, not not vote ... if your fine with living in a society with no morals, then vote the way you want...

Whose morals? Yours? Who do you believe should decide on the morals we should all be living by?

why are you arguing? my morals are my morals, if don't like them, then go bug someone else.. i'm tired of you people trying to tell me how to think, all you democrats do is say how right and just you are, and everyone else is wrong... this country survived for 300 years without losing their moral sense, and people like you want to through it all out the window over a stupid thing like gay marriage, just another drain on our sinking ship we call America...

Well, you said you want to be able to live in a country that has morals. Clearly, you have an idea of whose morals you want to live by. So, whose morals do you believe this country should live by? This shouldn't be a tough question.

your right, it's not a tough answer... the ones that are in place are fine with me...

Keyword YOU, as in YOU YOURSELF ALONE......why should everyone else be forced to bow down to your wishes??? Are we free or are we not?

1 2 12 13 14 16 18 19 20 24 25