Community > Posts By > singmesweet

no photo
Mon 02/10/14 09:53 AM
I don't get why some guys insist on using "nice guy" as a descriptor. Nice is such a boring word. Certainly you can find better ways to describe yourselves.

no photo
Mon 02/10/14 09:46 AM

If I can't see someone's eyes, it makes me uncomfortable.

That's your issue, not theirs. Nothing wrong with sunglasses. :smile:

I don't have any issues, sweetie. I was just saying not seeing someone's makes me uncomfortable, which it does. We're all entitled to our opinions. Just like you made this thread saying you wish they'd take them off and then proceeded to say there's nothing wrong with them. That's your (vague) opinion, and you're welcome to it.:smile:

Sweetie, candiapples made this thread.

I guess if I were using this site for anything other than the forums, I'd want to see more pictures of someone including no sunglasses and no hats. But, I'm just here the the forums, so it is no big deal.

And if course you're entitled to your opinion. No one said otherwise.

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 06:35 PM

If I can't see someone's eyes, it makes me uncomfortable.

That's your issue, not theirs. Nothing wrong with sunglasses. :smile:

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 03:41 PM
Why is it creepy?

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 03:32 PM
This makes me want to put my picture with sunglasses back up.

no photo
Sat 02/08/14 09:30 PM

Getting back to the original topic ...

Black History Month is a month during which the accomplishments of black Americans are highlighted.

Doing so enables black American children learn that being black doesn't prevent a person from achieving success in noble pursuits. The month exposes such children to positive role models.

I don't know why a white person would be opposed to black children having positive role models revealed to them, unless that white person were an anti-black racist.

I don't know why a white person would be opposed to having the accomplishments of black Americans revealed, unless that white person were an anti-black racist.

Apparently some are offended when not everything is about white men.

no photo
Sat 02/08/14 11:58 AM

Comprehend much, it's not up to me. I have not confused her with an African nor an American. I haven't a clue what she is and she hasn't been able to decide so how can I?

What are the requirements you have in order for you to think someone is American?

Which American? There are many. And you are twisting the whole concept not addressing the issue.

And I guess that pretty much wraps up this thread.

What do you mean which American?

no photo
Sat 02/08/14 11:35 AM

Comprehend much, it's not up to me. I have not confused her with an African nor an American. I haven't a clue what she is and she hasn't been able to decide so how can I?

What are the requirements you have in order for you to think someone is American?

no photo
Sat 02/08/14 11:26 AM

There is no agreement, just an overly ambitious hope on your part. You are trying to twist meanings into something not said nor implied.

History causes nothing, just documents effects. And there are no historical causes that need to be addressed. Someone needs to either accept or change the consequences of the past for the future and move on. To keep dwelling on the past except for lessons of things to avoid for the future is futile. What is done is done, get over it.

But to sit here and dwell over the spilt milk doesn't get you a glass of milk, get over it and move on.

So, using your own advice, you shouldn't dwell on black history month. Get over it and move on, right?

no photo
Sat 02/08/14 11:11 AM

none is asking for 'privileges'

what is being asked for IS equality, equal recognition and opportunity in RELATION to the investment of time and energy spent helping to BUILD THE NATION

I am really at a loss for all here who continue to harp on an idea that I ever suggested wanting some 'special' privilege

if a culture is not a result of its past, why do we harp on 'founding fathers' and ideals? because ones past is infinitely the reason for ones present

and the past of African americans was DIVISIVELY different in these states,,,although their contributions were not

How can you say you are asking for one thing when demanding exactly the opposite. You want to be equal but want to be separated. You don't want privileges but are asking everyone to honor a privilege.

And are you African or American, there is no Africa in the Americas. And more specifically, there is no state or possession named Africa within these united States nor even in the United States.

we started out SEPERATED,, didn't ask for it, we are still working towards BECOMING equal

I am African American, as I am not 'black' (of the very darkest color owing to the absence of or complete absorption of light; the opposite of white)

and don't choose to label myself as 'negro' (Spanish for black)

why should that matter to someone else?

So why not return to Africa and then you can have the illusion of having what you truly want, to be African. Of course they would probably object and just call you American, doubt they would refer to you as "black" American.

Then maybe you can have peace and an identity you can deal with.

Is she not American enough for you for some reason?

no photo
Sat 02/08/14 11:09 AM

Up and coming citizen rights group
Dream Defenders

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa7KBq0q5bU

And what if there keeps on being racist postings and nobody cared. Would they go away?

And what if that fat slob from New Jerky got elected, would everyone want a fat day and pick on skinny people? If someone didn't agree, would they play the obese card?

Now the real fun part, what if that conniving evil bitty got elected president, would everyone be expected to muff dive? Would straight people be in jeopardy of drawing the gay card when they disagree? Would there be another Benghazi?

What are you talking about? Are you always so whiny?

no photo
Sat 02/08/14 11:03 AM

Women won't admit it, but it's a guys dobber, they like most. As they keep talking about the sizes of them all the time and if the guy is stirring her porridge right with his dobber, or not? Go on ladies just admit it? Ha ha

Dobber? huh

no photo
Sat 02/08/14 10:57 AM
Edited by singmesweet on Sat 02/08/14 10:57 AM

Black History Month is not about separation.
All it does is fill in the gaps in the telling of history.

Exactly. I see nothing offensive about it.

It makes me wonder if we're going to see the same kind of threads during other history months, though.

no photo
Sat 02/08/14 10:39 AM

Creative expression.
We are all free to be creative in the USA I reside in.laugh

Oh, you were being creative with this thread?

no photo
Sat 02/08/14 10:16 AM

Because, 4 out those 7 photos represent Black History.

The other three are prime examples for the argument of selective breeding.

Take that back. All seven are prime examples for the argument of selective breeding.

So, those pictures of black people are what you think of when you think of black history? What about the pictures of white people? Is that what you think of for white history? Why do you have such a negative view of black people?

And you're for selective breeding?

All or nothing?
Rather hilarious!laugh

You're usually pretty negative when talking about black people, willing. Previous threads and posts show that. You're often making fun of them and being negative for some reason. Why is that?

For example, why did you choose to write this post the way you did?

Yes!
Claiming all dem der white folks owned slaves and owes us fer r days as slavein fo da massahs.

no photo
Sat 02/08/14 10:11 AM
Edited by singmesweet on Sat 02/08/14 10:11 AM

Because, 4 out those 7 photos represent Black History.

The other three are prime examples for the argument of selective breeding.

Take that back. All seven are prime examples for the argument of selective breeding.

So, those pictures of black people are what you think of when you think of black history? What about the pictures of white people? Is that what you think of for white history? Why do you have such a negative view of black people?

And you're for selective breeding?

no photo
Sat 02/08/14 09:55 AM

got it

no suggestions, just complaints,,,

have a nice day,,laugh

Hmnmmmmm.... and here I thought that was a serious question to you..... who seems to be one who practices division yourself.

You don't want answers or you would come up with suggestions that didn't favor your race over the whole of the minority spectrum.

You can't lift one without lifting ALL or there is division.....and that is what you offer

so when there are womens advocates, are they useless for not offering the upliftment of 'men'?

when there are veterans advocates, are they useless for not offering the upliftment of non vets?

there are certainly enough people that they can start by choosing smaller causes that speak most directly to their experiences

I do believe this post was even about a young persons group that didn't single out any race

so why is it any more problematic for me to talk about 'blacks' than for others to speak about women or vets or any other of the smaller groups that make up America?

so why are my,,,,,,,nevermind

Anything that does not support the whole of society will give us what we have today.

Women are a class, not a race.

Minorities are a class, not a race.

Gays are a class, not a race

Until you learn the difference you will never understand

Does that make these groups any less important than others? Many seem to think so, for some reason.

no photo
Fri 02/07/14 02:14 PM
It's interesting to see which questions willing ignores. That probably says a lot more than the answers would.

no photo
Fri 02/07/14 10:00 AM
You act as if you're so discriminated against as a white man, willing. Why is that? Is everyone out to get you?

no photo
Fri 02/07/14 09:54 AM

Just want to test the separatist theory about Black History Month that is being tossed around here by so many, some of whom I consider my good friends...Will they separate me out of their circle of friendship if I don't agree?....Or will they just ignore my post like I don't exist....Ho hum, ho hum....ohwell

Initially founded by Carter Woodson as Negro History Week to honor two influential men, Frederick Douglass and Abraham Lincoln, Negro History Week also marked several historical events that happened in February, in particular, the Fifteenth Amendment...Controversy began in 1976 when Negro History Week was expanded to a month...Many people feel that Black History Month only highlights racial lines that divide American society...They say black history is simply American History and this is true...The only problem is, with the exception of Black History Month, African Americans are rarely mentioned in American history...Woodson's objective in changing the way history books portrayed blacks was integration...He also believed the need for Black History Month would go away once integration was complete...Therein lies the problem...Is integration complete?...I guess the answer depends on who you ask...For me, as long as hate exists, Black History Month will remain vital...Why?...Because, aside from the obvious need to highlight the impact of certain African Americans on society, Black History Month serves as a reminder to ALL OF US of the dangers of oppression and how it affects ALL OF US...Black History Month reminds ALL OF US of the importance of human rights for ALL OF US....

No cullin' gonna happen here, sweet lips.

One reason the hate needs to be kept alive is so, the slackers and ambulance chasers can keep winning.

If, we was all made equal, which has happened, there'd be no more need to make one group MO SPECIAL.

Jews ain't still b itchin' cuz they were slaves for THOUSANDS of years. They got over it and got a fkin' life. Ya' be feelin me?:wink:

Hate is being kept alive by racists and bigots. Unfortunately, there are still many racists out there and many bigots out there. If the hatred wasn't still alive and well, there probably would be no need for black history month, Hispanic history month, women's history month and so on.

How about White History-Month in that Case?pitchfork

Isn't it white history most of the time? If it wasn't, the other history months wouldn't be needed.

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25