Community > Posts By > greeneyedlady42

greeneyedlady42's photo
Wed 01/20/10 09:17 AM
Even Satan belives in God- He has seen God!

He just CHOSE not to follow God and his desire was to raise his own following and serve his own agenda.

The word "gods" in the Bible, could mean many things. Whether it be money, food, sex, your job ,car or home...whatever...It is whatever you place the most importance on in your life....

And yes in some translations the ancient words had different meanings
than they do in modern language.

Example -Gay USED to mean happy now it means something totally different.

That has nothing to do with "faith"
My question is what side are you on?...Seems you just want to argue and that is hardly Gods purpose for His word.

greeneyedlady42's photo
Wed 01/20/10 09:00 AM
Gods forgiveness does not relieve us of asking for forgiveness from the person(s) we have hurt or offended. These are 2 totally different
aspects. God forgives us when we ask with a humble heart, ready to turn away from the action and live differently (repent).
Asking the people we have hurt shows true remorse, though it can never undo what was done, or the consequences, it is the first step towards healing. In fact we are instructed to go to those we have hurt and ask their forgiveness. Whether they do or not is irrelevant,
Because God forgives unconditionally.

Jesus came to die for our sin- not that we could not accept responsibility for our actions- infact when we ask for forgiveness we do just the opposite- you have to admit you have done something wrong to realize you need to be forgiven in the first place.

There is no dictatorship, God gives us free will. We can choose to love him or not. Just like you choose to love a girlfriend.

Im not sure if you are a parent, but just as we love our children when they mess up God does not stop loving us. He may not approve of our behavior but He loves the person He just hates the sin.
I may not love everything my son does, but I love HIM.

I choose to forgive because It sets me free from holding onto anger and malice which makes people hard and bitter.

Everyone has a right to believe as they choose- that is free will.

I choose to follow my faith in God as He has never failed me.

greeneyedlady42's photo
Sun 01/17/10 09:54 PM
Too many preservatives and additives in our food- Cooking on aluminum-
Irradiated fruits and veggies are making peoples brains starve
so they just get stupid.

Where are the "shut-up" filters?

greeneyedlady42's photo
Wed 01/13/10 06:13 AM
I see why you are single- Honestly!

"good girl?" what kinda crap is that? Whats next a pat on the head?

Not sure about the other ladies out there but I have no trouble making the first move. However, being who I am, I like a man with a backbone, who isnt afraid (or too lazy) to put alittle effort in...
Guess Im alittle old fashioned -

greeneyedlady42's photo
Wed 01/06/10 02:30 AM
My prayers go up for Russ and the family.
May the testing soon be over and the results be miraculous!

greeneyedlady42's photo
Tue 01/05/10 03:20 AM
God is faithful to answer prayers-
Glad to hear you are feeling better-

greeneyedlady42's photo
Sun 01/03/10 06:51 AM
Making home made biscuits and sausage gravy- Just like grandma's!

greeneyedlady42's photo
Fri 01/01/10 10:53 AM

As for me- if a man doesnt put effort into dressing nice whether the date lasts 15 minutes or not, how can you expect him to put effort into a potential relationship?

And yes Blonde gal, I too find out what kind of dress he is expecting so I dont embarass him or myself.
I never go on a date with even the slightest thought that it will not last, Im a fun intelligent woman and have never really had a bad date. I have had some that didnt turn out as well as others, only because some men expect you to hop into bed with them immediately after dessert, LOL and Im just not like that. However I have and usually do remain friends with people I see. Just because we are not marriage material doesnt mean we dont bring something into each others lives life.

As for dating openly- knowing someone is "intimate" with other women,
that is not an option for me. That tells me they are not really looking to settle down and it sends a bad message- (in my personal opinion). Some women are fine with this, for me tho, I give my full undivided attention and expect the same.

A first date for me would be something like a comedy show, or concert- maybe a museum or something where we could walk and talk and enjoy the surroundings.

greeneyedlady42's photo
Fri 01/01/10 07:29 AM
Got some hugs and kisses from my 10 mo old grandson...

I hope that is no indication of how the rest of the year will play out LOL
huh

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY MINGLE FRIENDS!

greeneyedlady42's photo
Mon 12/28/09 04:14 AM
Welcome to Mingle- Its great that you are having such a great experience here. There are a lot of fine folks here.

I have actually been to Holland, Venlo, and yes Amsterdam. Now that is an awesome place! I loved it there. The people are fabulous-It is definately on my list to go back!

Good to have you here-and keep posting.

greeneyedlady42's photo
Sun 12/27/09 07:39 PM
I certainly could not pass this one by without putting in my comments-
Terry was one of the 1st people who greeted me when I came here to
"Just say Hi" back when it was a baby...
He is the most genuine caring man I think I've met...Really didnt believe such men existed. There have been times I have felt his concern and support when I didnt even feel it from the people closest to me.
You are a gem Terry- I love you bunches!!!
God truly was watching out for me when he sent you..
Blessings to you my friend.

greeneyedlady42's photo
Thu 12/24/09 09:31 PM
You are right Txs gal... Family and good friends and being true to your self- thats what its all about.. Oh yeah and CHOCOLATE!!! Lots of chocolate -- LOL
Thank you Ladylid and Atlantis- we are all glad everyone is ok.

greeneyedlady42's photo
Thu 12/24/09 08:22 PM
I went back to work today-everyone said I was crazy to go back there.
But I did it for me. I had to stand up and say you cant steal my security, this is my territory and when I leave here it will be on my terms and not yours. I will not live in fear.

When you have lived thru having a gun in your back and up to your face really its all easy after that. THAT was the scary part.
So I thank God Im here and Im happy to be able to tell you alll
Merry Christmas.

greeneyedlady42's photo
Wed 12/23/09 07:51 PM

My day got off to a really bad start but it had a better outcome.

My store was robbed today by 2 men --we were held at gun point,
Tied up and left in the store room. A customer came in and found us there and then we called police.

It was a 25 minute ordeal that went in slow motion for what seemed hours. And I am very shaken but greatful that no one was hurt.
God really watched over us and as the manager they robbers were
focused on me, thinking we had a safe full of money-not true.
So They got $90 dollars of store money and I gave them the $23 out of my pocket... After poking me with a gun several times and tying me up, they realized I wasnt lying about not having any safe and they left.

It is a very humbling experience and really puts things into perspective. So tonight when I got home...I looked at my tiny apartment as if it were my castle, I hugged my family alittle tighter held on alittle longer and the presents not under the tree didnt seem so major anymore.

greeneyedlady42's photo
Sat 12/19/09 06:31 PM
As a 10 year cancer survivor this coming year I do know
as much as you have in common - it is still a very personal fight.

My strongest prayers go up for you both- she is very blessed to have you by her side.

My prayers are going out for you both.

greeneyedlady42's photo
Thu 12/17/09 09:29 PM
Just a post to let you all know Brandon came home today!!!
YaaaY:banana:

This mom could not be more excited!
Again your prayers and well wishes are greatly appreciated.

He is up and about like nothing ever happened. GOD is Good!!!

All the time!

greeneyedlady42's photo
Wed 12/16/09 07:46 PM
Just another thank you for your prayers. Brandons sugar levels are within normal range now. They are talking about letting him come home tomorrow-That would be great we are both beat and ready to relax at home.

Thank God he is showing great improvement.

GEL

greeneyedlady42's photo
Wed 12/16/09 06:13 AM
Thank you ALL for your prayers and kind thoughts. I am off to the hospital now I will keep you posted.
God Bless you all.

greeneyedlady42's photo
Tue 12/15/09 08:32 PM
Thank you everyone! I knew I could count on you guys!

Brandon does have a pump but apparently the set was not working properly so he was not getting a supply of insulin. When he woke up Sunday morning I knew by the way he was acting something was wrong so I check his sugar and it was off the scale. so I took him straight to the emergency room after giving him a shot.
He was very dehydrated and in a bad way.

Diabetes is nothing to fool around with. I have had a couple of scares with Brandon since he was diagnosed in 04.

greeneyedlady42's photo
Tue 12/15/09 07:57 PM
My son Brandon has been in ICU for the last couple of days. His sugar
was up to 683 and his white count was 32,000. It is only supposed to be 12,000. He had diabetic ketoacidosis. He was one very sick young man. He is doing better but is not out of the woods yet...

Thank you in advance my friends for your positive thoughts and prayers for our family.

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25