no photo
Sun 08/31/14 02:37 AM
Edited by NoMindGamesPlease on Sun 08/31/14 02:37 AM

Well, if society were to end, we'd all have plenty of time to tinker with stuff, it's not like we'd all get up and go to work. :laughing:

Personally, I'm gonna crack a cold beer (while they're still cold) and pull my lawn chair in the shade to watch the chaos. Society only exists because we all agree to it's laws (and the consequences of breaking them), but reality shows that we're really only 15 minutes from anarchy, anywhere. It seems to just erupt, but only regionally, for now.

Never underestimate the stupidity of people in large groups, especially if they panic.

They might STAMPEDE!!! :laughing:

I do not think we would go that far in seven days, but anything is possible when stupidity kicks in, so I imagine if that happens it might look like this:
(T h e B o o k o f E l i)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAMUv22y1og

no photo
Sun 08/31/14 02:30 AM
Nothing. We shall go on living without the Net for a week and perhaps even chat more with people around us. :laughing:

no photo
Sun 08/31/14 02:26 AM

Well I am not going to help you dig yourself out this one dude...

rofl

no photo
Sun 08/31/14 02:18 AM
Edited by NoMindGamesPlease on Sun 08/31/14 02:18 AM
I have noticed you come periodically to check my profile, but I do not understand why you keep doing that.
What is the point?
Age difference, distance between us, you are a non-smoker, etc....so many obstacles that would stand between us and you could figure it out, unless you are just looking at my photo and not scrolling down the page LOL
Does anyone READ profiles? :-)

no photo
Sun 08/31/14 02:17 AM

^^^^^told ya you could use my sleeve.....ohwell

<<(({{HUGS}}))>>flowers

no photo
Sun 08/31/14 02:08 AM
Edited by NoMindGamesPlease on Sun 08/31/14 02:08 AM

Sounds like he has made it clear .. He doesn't want to be in a relationship ... Wish him well and find someone who does :-)

Exactly!

no photo
Mon 08/18/14 06:58 AM
Welcome to Mingle. flowerforyou

no photo
Sun 08/17/14 11:40 AM
Edited by NoMindGamesPlease on Sun 08/17/14 11:40 AM

Being in love doesn't exclude lust. In fact, lust can lead to love. However, real love, not based on idealization or projection, requires time to get to know each other. One of the signs of lust; you're totally focused on a person's looks and body. And a sign of love; you want to honestly listen to each other's feelings, make each other happy.happy :heart:

Thumb up!flowerforyou

I agree that we are usually "attracted" to someone, but I personally wouldn't call it "lust", but some people would. At any rate, that attraction could develop into a lasting loving relationship. It would depend on the inner character of the person as to whether he/she could see beyond the physical and focus on the inner qualities of the other person. :thumbsup:

COULD develop, yes, but not if there is and never was any intention to look for more than just pure chemistry. The problem is that you can't tell if people honestly look for a relationship till you give them a chance.
So far I had no luck, but that can change and I might find someone who is not there just to "get some" from time to time.
I still didn't give up, but if they keep coming just for one reason, I can settle with a friend, or just an activity partner with similar life style. In that case that partner wouldn't have to be a man at all.

no photo
Sun 08/17/14 10:39 AM
There is always a choice to either find the right person, lower expectations and settle with someone who is available, but not a true friend, partner and lover, or remain being alone, meaning no change, since that is already the case.
Joining online dating sites I was hoping to find a true soul-mate, but after both offline and online experience I got more realistic and lowered my expectations, so I am ready to settle with less, with just a friendship, or, to be more precise, basically an activity partner with similar life style.
I do not mean "friends with benefits", since I never had sex with any of my friends. For me a friendship is a friendship and an intimacy comes with deeper feelings that make it more than just a friendship.
I am neither married nor divorced dads surrogate mom and/or weekend toy, nor career men's way of saving the retirement money they would otherwise have to spend on women who could give them what they want. I am approached mostly by divorced dads with kids from other cities or single and never married professionals who see me as yet another adventure that may or may not turn into relationship with substance, but it doesn't really matter, because they are not really interested in more than just some "fun" (an actual word has the same first letter, but no need to be vulgar).
If there is nothing there but only chemistry, I'd rather skip it all together. Living without sex is no fun at all, but, if there is no other option, I'd rather give it up than base a relationship on it. Well, not just on sex, since some "smart ones" figured out there are other benefits they might use as well. Unfortunately, they think they are too smart and a widow would be easy to play with. What a pity! I lost time on figuring out their intentions and refusing them. The more times they try to use you and you say no, less you hope to find a sincere person with an opened heart and a fair-play on his mind.
Some friends tell me it is better to have a piece of cake than no cake at all, but they do not understand the difference between being single by choice, either by never getting married or after a divorce, and being alone because of losing the loved one.
If he was still here I wouldn't be looking for anyone else and neither would he. None of us was perfect, we both made mistakes; sometimes done well and sometimes failed, but it doesn't really matter - we deeply loved and cared for each other till death literally took us apart.
When I lost him my world collapsed. I didn't believe I could make it, but I did. I am back on my feet, with special place for him in my heart, but ready to love and be loved again. I do not seem to have any luck with finding someone serious, honest and ready to travel the life journey together.
Who knows, maybe I will find that special someone, but if I do not, well...life will go on.

no photo
Sat 08/16/14 04:19 PM

I have set it up with Windows 7, and the android phone can handle the interface. Only once with a Mac, and it was a pain. Ubuntu must be hell!? If you want to watch the PC on the flat TV use a 15 Pin D connector cable.(*) The 10 footer is less than 4 dollars on the web.

(*)[It is a simple solution and it works (unless your pet gets a cable winking ).

no photo
Sat 08/16/14 03:57 PM

Being in love doesn't exclude lust. In fact, lust can lead to love. However, real love, not based on idealization or projection, requires time to get to know each other. One of the signs of lust; you're totally focused on a person's looks and body. And a sign of love; you want to honestly listen to each other's feelings, make each other happy.happy :heart:

Thumb up!flowerforyou

no photo
Sat 08/16/14 03:53 PM

hw will react wen ur gf/bf walk up to u and say baby i just cheated?

My reactions will no doubt be recorded in the court papers.

rofl

no photo
Fri 08/15/14 06:02 PM
Edited by NoMindGamesPlease on Fri 08/15/14 06:02 PM
Imagine a scene!
Me:
-Mom you have two sons now and one of them is a gay.
Brother laughs:
-Well, at least you won't complain about the toilet seat anymore. You got it now, ha!
Mom asks:
-So what now, you are going to adopt a child or what?
Dad (from a grave):
-Thank you Lord, finally I got two sons, although the younger one turned out different than I hoped!
God:
-Poor fellow. Wait till he finds out about morning erections. He still thinks periods are the worst thing that can happen. Well,he insisted on life being a learning process, didn't he? LOL
Me (thinking):
-What if this is not just a dream!? Should I update my profile on Mingle now?
Minglers:
-What a strange scene,let's block this user just in case...Click! Here! That's better!

no photo
Fri 08/15/14 05:33 PM
This topic reminded me of a movie The skin I live in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EolQSTTTpI4
Wonder how my family and friends would react... hmmm good idea for a funny home video? bigsmile

no photo
Fri 08/15/14 04:47 PM
Edited by NoMindGamesPlease on Fri 08/15/14 04:48 PM
Maybe we should put one of those red rotating lights on our heads and turn them on when we want some action? Would that be a clear and visible sign or should we also use an alarm in case you missed it? :laughing:

no photo
Fri 08/15/14 04:35 PM
Edited by NoMindGamesPlease on Fri 08/15/14 04:36 PM

So may frustrated people, so little time to read all those stories...

They want to love and be loved.

Love is not a lust. Let's start there and you will get the rest eventually. Or you won't get it, but it is not a problem as long as there is a block user option. LOL

Thank you... and this is from a correspondent (retired).

And people confuse those all the time: IDKY! Maybe because they both have 4 letters?

Yes ... so easy to make a mistake :laughing:

no photo
Fri 08/15/14 04:26 PM
Edited by NoMindGamesPlease on Fri 08/15/14 04:28 PM
So may frustrated people, so little time to read all those stories...

They want to love and be loved.

Love is not a lust. Let's start there and you will get the rest eventually. Or you won't get it, but it is not a problem as long as there is a block user option. LOL

no photo
Thu 08/14/14 01:26 PM

awww, thank you, and not being cynical, im just speaking from a logical point of view. example " Do I look fat in these jeans". now if she really does look fat and you tell the truth, it will be some problems,. I think people want something until they get it, then theirs always the problem of having what they want and not appreciating it. if you got a good partner who lies about the little stuff, either to make you feel better, or to spare you some type of negative emotion, I think that is better then some one keeping it 100% honest. I think we as people are influenced by waaay too many point of views on what love is. what makes a healthy relationship. bla bla bla. what may be good for the goose, may not be good for the gander. the same with beauty, compatability etc. but I wont touch on those topics as to keep to the point. if your partner ask a question that you know will put you in the hot seat...LIE! sugercoat, etc. because no one wants to know they look fat in those jeans.lol, most likely they already know and seeing how your going to answer.

My friend decided to make a drastic change of her style (looks), so she asked me to go shopping together and I said YES! Oh, what a mistake. LOL:laughing:
I tried not to hurt her feelings, so I suggested her to try one dress that would make her look much better. What a reaction! She bought the dress that didn't compliment her figure and got back home so mad at me that she didn't call few days or pick up my calls.
Later she calmed down a bit. Someone else told her the same thing, but not so gently. She remembered the dress I suggested her to try, went back to store and got it.
Then she called as if nothing happened. And it didn't really. It is not important anyways. It's just a dress.
She hesitated to call me to go out, so I took initiative and came to pick her up.
She looked great in her new dress and I told her that. The whole hell broke loose. Again! LOL :laughing:
I started laughing and just hugged her. Her rant stopped and she laughed with me.
Funny thing is that she appreciated the fact that I never asked for any apology or anything. spock Why apologize? I figured that change of style is her way of trying to change some things in her life and it is just a phase she is going through.
Now she figured it has nothing to do with a dress, but something completely different and wants to apologize for outbursts. Again, no need for that. I know what she is going through, so it doesn't matter.
Now, if she has done the same thing to some poor man he would probably be confused and run away as far as he could. rofl
Men sometimes take emotional outbursts as OPINIONS. That's the problem.
Not every man is verbal and likes to talk about feelings. Sometimes less (words) is more, but it takes time to some of ladies to realize that.

no photo
Thu 08/14/14 12:35 PM

Every one lies, I think anyone believing there going to get a partner that wont lie to them is seriously fooling themselves. how many of you ever told a lie to your partner?....even a small lie to save face, or prevent an argument? or perhaps it wasnt a lie you just didnt tell them something, or it was only half of the truth. I think its hipocritical to not want a partner to lie to you. because then if they told the truth 100% of the time there would be problems, numerous of problems based on the thoughts of the other half not agreeing with you. fact is we all lie, I think the question is who wants a partner to be honest about the important stuff.

It is not the end of the world if s/he really didn't like those new car seats, but important things should be cleared out.
It's just my opinion. Not everyone thinks or feels the same.

no photo
Thu 08/14/14 12:25 PM

WELL SAID---YOU ARE WISE BEYOND YOUR YEARS---

If I were that wise I wouldn't make some mistakes to begin with. LOL
I am not sure if you mean it or you are cynical, so I'll just leave it there.
flowerforyou