no photo
Fri 08/01/14 06:27 AM

Dude totally feel ya on this. Some people are willing to accept it and go on when you're blatantly upfront about it, like I am in my profile. I know what it's like to be talking with someone that doesn't know about "the condition", and when they find out, just quit talking to you and run away. That is the reason I'm completely upfront about it. Also explains somethings I post when I'm having one of the down in the dumps days.

Best of luck Stevejgg! NoMindGamesPlease, she gets it!flowerforyou

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Well, my opinion is based on a personal experience. Being a former war reporter I should know a thing or two about how people's perception influences their acceptance, or rather a lack of it. LOL
Hey, wasn't this a typical "politically correct" way to say that most people have prejudices and nobody can change it? LOL :laughing:

no photo
Fri 08/01/14 06:14 AM
I know someone who lived on few continents, but never stayed anywhere long enough to settle down and get into serious relationship.
Let's keep in mind that there are people who work a lot and have to take care of their family. They do not have much time left for anyone else and it takes time to build a relationship.
There are other examples as well.
Perhaps the way I asked the questions is provocative, but it is intentionally so in order to get your response.
These are not things most people like to talk about, so I am not really expecting too many replies.

no photo
Fri 08/01/14 05:55 AM

There's something wrong with you if you've never been married in your 40's, but nothing wrong with you if you've been married and divorced multiple times. Yeah that makes sense.

Who said that? I asked the questions to hear the answers. So, if you want to share an opinion, you are welcomed to do so here.

no photo
Fri 08/01/14 05:52 AM

I seem to attract a lot of men in their 40s who have never been married....the man I'm with has no kids and never been married...I asked him what's wrong with him...he said he never met the one woman he wanted to spend his life with.....I guess it can happen...I believe he just to be a player.....lol and his game got lame.....that's my boo though....laugh

I trust my feelings. If something is wrong and I am not sure what it is, I'll try to put a finger on it. If I can't find out what it is and do not feel comfortable, I'll walk away. Perhaps that is too cautious?

no photo
Fri 08/01/14 05:48 AM
Edited by NoMindGamesPlease on Fri 08/01/14 05:55 AM

I agree different personality, different opinions.
Everyone you come across will always leave footprints in your memory's..
But the ones that leaves footprints in our hearts are the ones we will always remember. ..
only time will tell when those toe jam footprints won't hurt any more. Lollaugh

Time gives answers, heals wounds and makes it easier to live after some painful experiences. They might still hurt, but one learns how to let go and give a chance to someone or something new.
We need time in order for things to settle down and to gain a backward and forward perspective - to realise why we were there and where to go from here. We need time for re-establishing peace and calm.
So, yes, you are right, time will tell...

no photo
Fri 08/01/14 05:23 AM

When should a person with a mental illness tell the person he just met that he or she has such an illness.

I would tell them about it right away. If they do not accept it, well, there's nothing you can do to make them change their minds.

People form opinions and prejudices as early as teenagers. You can't change them even at that age, never mind the older generations.

So, why not tell them, watch most of them run away and have a coffee & chat with those few who would stay while still looking in your eyes?

That's what I would do.

no photo
Fri 08/01/14 04:36 AM
Edited by NoMindGamesPlease on Fri 08/01/14 04:39 AM

Sorry to say this if you have your conclusion already why ask .

It depends on the situation don't you think.
What went rite not what went wrong.
What went rite was it for the best interest of your kids.
What went rite you chose their safety before your own.
What went rite the love you see in your kids eyes when they look up at you...
No wrongs just a spark of life an hope you see in your kids eyes....:heart:

Just saying my bad if I upset yahh peace out

Expressing different opinion is not disturbing the peace. Why would it be? It is impossible for all of us to agree on everything because we are different personalities and our life experiences may be totally opposite, so... every honest reply is taken as is. No peace disturbance here LOL

P.S.
Also no conclusions either. I ASKED the questions and appreciate honest answers, whether I like them or not.

no photo
Fri 08/01/14 04:14 AM
War is a dirty game and nobody plays by the rules, regardless what any side says. So, no, I wouldn't make any conclusions too soon. Staged? Perhaps it is, perhaps it is not, but there is always a possibility that both sides are "stretching the rules", as it often is the case, especially in wars that last as long as that one.

no photo
Fri 08/01/14 03:43 AM
You got a good advice. I have nothing to add. And, yes, I also like third photo the best.
Good luck with your quest!waving

no photo
Fri 08/01/14 03:36 AM
Lies and rude people turn me off.

no photo
Fri 08/01/14 03:04 AM

recently watched 'Lucy'

Johanssen was gorgeous as usual, but the movie was just ok for me.

I am a bit intrigued by that movie.
How would we change if we could use more of our brain capacity? Perhaps not at all. Human nature and primal instincts would still be there, so we would just have more developed memory, faster reactions etc.
I do not expect much from "Lucy", but I ' ll see it anyway.

I feel the same...it will probably be worth a rental...or a discounted theater visit...but not worth full price

I agree.

no photo
Fri 08/01/14 03:01 AM

recently watched 'Lucy'

Johanssen was gorgeous as usual, but the movie was just ok for me.

I am a bit intrigued by that movie.
How would we change if we could use more of our brain capacity? Perhaps not at all. Human nature and primal instincts would still be there, so we would just have more developed memory, faster reactions etc.
I do not expect much from "Lucy", but I ' ll see it anyway.

no photo
Fri 08/01/14 02:45 AM
Edited by NoMindGamesPlease on Fri 08/01/14 02:51 AM
P.S.

@isaac_dede

Kids change everything.
When my parents divorced mother re-married, but father lived alone till the rest of his life.
I was married and without kids for over twenty years.
My brother has kids and few UGLY divorces behind him, so I agree with you ... those who have kids and divorce RARELY (if ever!) get back together.

no photo
Fri 08/01/14 02:23 AM

Stereo-types are common in society and they are not reserved exclusively for any specific race/sex/age/profession/ group.

That is not a topic.

So, you decided to have kids and not to marry the mother of your children. why?

Nope no kids, but after being married once, and divorced once and knowing how difficult was without kids, and watching friends with kids go through the same process I was able to see how much more difficult it was for them. I decided kids or not I will most likely never marry again.
(*)The couples I see that divorce with kids normally turns really ugly, and VERY few ever get back together, the couples i know that that aren't married but have kids, MOST have gotten back together after little splits, and most are STILL together.

I have come to similar conclusions (*).
Thank you for the reply!

no photo
Fri 08/01/14 01:38 AM
Stereo-types are common in society and they are not reserved exclusively for any specific race/sex/age/profession/ group.

That is not a topic.

So, you decided to have kids and not to marry the mother of your children. why?

no photo
Fri 08/01/14 01:26 AM
Edited by NoMindGamesPlease on Fri 08/01/14 01:25 AM
Why are you single?

Did you move too often because of a job or the family?

Did you have any long term relationships or it was just a series of NSA adventures?

Question for those with kids but never married - why didn't you marry? What went wrong?

no photo
Thu 07/31/14 01:37 PM

To the wonderful ppl who replied... My name is shiv m a doctor m 26yrs old.. Thank u for talking the trouble to reply... I m drugged actually pharmaceutically though...

Everyone on the web and on the phones are doctors, attorneys, engineers who CANNOT SPELL correctly or use proper language.

But that's fine brah... try fixing what we mentioned and we'll believe you?!

ROFLMAO rofl

no photo
Thu 07/31/14 09:49 AM

I dont know how smoking is ok just because other things are equally unhealthy tho. Thats not sound reasoning to me. more like excuse making. I think smokers know that its unhealthy. I dont think folks need to lecture them. I would understand if family members would plead for quitting tho. Or anyone who loves a smoker.

I agree...Excuse making is not sound reasoning...I don't mind people that smoke...just not in my face...besides done in moderation, just like drinking is much more acceptable...excessive anything is 'unhealthy'...and you are right, lectures are not needed, self-control is needed

Agreed! My father use to say that moderation is a key of the happiness in life. I am beginning to remind myself on him more and more with each passing day. Seriously! LOL :laughing:
One thing that I do not like is that people just replace one addiction or a bad habit with another. That's not a solution either. If I ever quit, I will do it because I want to do it and I will try not to become judgemental as some ex-smokers who lecture others, even complete strangers they bump into on the street. Oh, or even better- let me print this post and put it on a desk right above my computer to serve as a reminder!:smile:

no photo
Thu 07/31/14 09:27 AM

I wouldn't mind meeting someone, even for just a chat. This site has a small population that is spread thin so its unlikely to meet someone nearby....but I like writing & the Forums

Same here! waving

no photo
Thu 07/31/14 08:59 AM
Edited by NoMindGamesPlease on Thu 07/31/14 09:01 AM

I've learned to just ignore those that wanna lecture about me smoking, or for that matter if they wanna start preaching to me about religion. I just tell them, "So what?! I'm going to Hell in a handbasket, smoking and toking all the way." Seems to me that kinda shuts them up....smokin

Yes. I understand. I am just sad because I think I lost a friend who turned to religion to get all the answers he needs. We are both nominally Catholics, but religion does not have such an important place in my life and I allow a possibility that others may be equally right or wrong in their beliefs. After all, we shall find out after we die. Sadly, as much as religion helped him get through the hard times, it also made him more judgemental and less tolerant for other people's points of views and choices in life. Now all of his friends that are smokers are not acceptable anymore...spock
Next thing I expect to see is him wearing one of these shirts.