Community > Posts By > derfw3

derfw3's photo
Thu 03/22/12 09:31 PM
The worst that it can bite DEN in the *** is if Manning can't play and they crap out for the season. If that happens they get a shot at Matt Barkley (QB-USC) or whomever they choose and can rebuild from there.

Financially it doesn't hurt them because they get an out at the beginning of each NFL season (which I believe occurs in March sometime) with Manning having to pass a physical or the contract is voided.

They were able to get out from under Tebow and move forward. Smart move.

Don't take this as I don't like Tebow; I think he's a great guy and if it weren't for the people demanding that he play right away he's a guy I would have stashed on my practice squad (assuming I ran an NFL team of course) and developed for a few years to see if he can be made into an NFL QB.

derfw3's photo
Sun 02/26/12 08:49 PM
If you're looking for just a regular jersey to be worth more, lock it in a trunk and take it out in 50 years, then it's a collectors item.

As far as what one poster said about getting it framed to make it worth more, this is incorrect. I've collected sports memorabilia for better than 20 years and you never see the money back you spend on framing or matting things. If you get it signed with the intention of selling it you should only have it done at a show where you can dictate where (on the jersey) and in what medium (paint pen or sharpie) it will be signed. You should also spring for the authentication services of either PSA/DNA or JSA which should run another $10 or so for on-site authentication. If you get it signed and then want it authenticated you'll be looking at more like $50-100.

I hope this helps.

derfw3's photo
Sun 10/05/08 07:39 PM
Edited by derfw3 on Sun 10/05/08 07:40 PM
M-I-Z! Z-O-U!

derfw3's photo
Wed 06/04/08 05:29 PM
Hockey. We lost 3-2 in OT.

derfw3's photo
Wed 06/04/08 05:26 PM
Completely
Useless
By
September

derfw3's photo
Fri 05/30/08 06:50 PM
Hey, I don't know if anyone is interested, but I'm trying to get a pick-up soccer game going on Sundays this summer. Right now we have about 10-12 people but we can always use more. It's a great way to get some exercise and meet some new people! So ladies, gentlemen, mail me and I'll let you know the specifics. Hell, you don't even need to be good, I'm not! laugh

derfw3's photo
Mon 05/26/08 06:26 PM
Actually soccer is the most popular (meaning the most people play it) youth sport in the U.S. The thing is that as guys get older they tend to branch off and play other sports. For the ladies their choices are more somewhat more limited and they gravitate toward either basketball or soccer

For the Beckham situation, well, we Americans like our scorers (MJ, LeBron, Ortiz, Crosby, ect) and set up men are relegated to second class citizenship (Magic Johnson excluded). With that in mind I think he's still provided a boost at the gate for the MLS teams when L.A. comes to town.

For the U.S.A.-England friendly I think the U.S. will have a good showing but being in London I see a loss. These sort of games also bother me from the standpoint that if the U.S.A. wins it always seems to be a refrain of "Well, we weren't really trying." or "We're saving ourselves for (insert int'l tourney name here) and if we lose it's "Same old Americans." I still maintain that if the U.S.A.'s best athletes played soccer (like they do in other countries) as opposed to baseball/basketball/football/hockey we would be among the world's elite with the likes of Brazil, Germany and the other usual suspects. Incidentally England doesn't need to save themselves for anything since they'll be seeing Euro '08 the same way I will- on the tv.:wink:

derfw3's photo
Thu 05/22/08 08:35 PM
It was a great game, I know that. Chelsea just couldn't put away their chances, they had enough of them but just couldn't do it. Also, to answer your question, they decide the location of the final YEARS in advance and rotate it around the continent (like the NFL and the Super Bowl).

derfw3's photo
Mon 08/13/07 05:26 PM
At this point does anyone believe that A) Vick won't ALSO be copping a plea or B) dogfighters (Is that the correct term? Maybe I should say dog combat enthusiests?) everywhere are running to put some distance between what they do and themselves. Vick is going to have to roll or he's screwed.

derfw3's photo
Sun 08/12/07 02:48 PM
Is this going to be a keeper league?

derfw3's photo
Sun 08/12/07 05:50 AM
I'm in.

derfw3's photo
Mon 07/30/07 05:19 PM
Even if he was a 9er, he was also one of the legends of the game and even more one of the "Good Guys" of the game. *raises one to Bill*drinker

derfw3's photo
Fri 07/27/07 03:44 PM
Damn return key! I meant to say that our top 3 D-men would have been Bourque, MacInnis, and Pronger had the deal gone through. The sad thing is is that I think that was the year the Avs beat the Blues in the Western (Campbell) conference finals.

derfw3's photo
Fri 07/27/07 03:42 PM
I remember that Eljay. We (Blues fans) were almost ready to start ordering his jersey dammit. Of course that was when the Blues were throwing away the future for the now, we're in much better shape now.

derfw3's photo
Thu 07/26/07 03:38 PM
Actually the Bears cut Johnson on June 25 and as of this writing he has not been signed by any team. I think the NFL's new "Lower" (you'll never see a "Zero" tolerance policy in a major sports league) tolerance policy is causing teams to think twice about signing a talented but socially brain dead individual.

derfw3's photo
Wed 07/25/07 02:25 PM
I'll go with Al MacInnis. #2 is one of the all-time great defensemen in the NHL great history. Wicked slapper and a class act on and off the ice. He might've been born a Flame but he's a Blue forever now.

derfw3's photo
Tue 07/24/07 03:07 PM
Pepper, in a lot of states (and I don't know if Virginia is one) a "landlord" (the quotes are my own since I think he knew exactly what was going one there) can be held accountable for what happens on his property. It was originally designed to punish property owners who allowed the buildings to be used as crack houses or other places where drugs were sold and/or processed.

Vick's personality and criminal allegations aside I think that the Falcon's should just bench him and unless he would cause them to take a huge cap hit prepare to move on. He's entering his 6th season as an NFL quarterback and has made little progress since his rookie year. I know, I know "He hasn't had receivers worth a damn." Yeah, neither has Tom Brady and he's got three rings. That's a somewhat unfair comparison but you see my point- other players do more with less. He's a fantastic physical talent and can make you jump out of your seat on any given play but as a leader (and that is what a QB needs to be) he's totally lacking and no team will ever win a Super Bowl with him as their QB.

derfw3's photo
Sun 07/22/07 12:27 PM
From what I've heard out of St. Louis he's going to stay with the NFL network for this year and maybe next until a position in the front office (either asst GM or something in player personnel) opens up, with the eye on him eventually becoming the GM a la Ozzie Newsome.

derfw3's photo
Sat 07/21/07 12:40 PM
You're absolutely right Garden, it is a tall order to do all of those things for most people; if most people would do even a couple of those things we would all see a big change. Even if you only vote it's a start.

derfw3's photo
Fri 07/20/07 03:19 PM
Retired, but like Jake Plummer hasn't filed the required paperwork.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9