Community > Posts By > nsw78

nsw78's photo
Wed 09/02/15 07:29 AM

Sorry I asked so many similar questions

Never apologize for asking for help. And nothing wrong with asking similar questions. Clarification is key. Asking more about her is good but if she avoids the topic, move on to something else and come back to it later. Some people don't take compliments well. If you compliment her, fine. Just don't do it ALL the time. Every so often because if she doesn't take compliments well, she may feel pressured if you say it too often.

nsw78's photo
Wed 09/02/15 07:26 AM

that's what i mean, insecure i will edit it thanks

My pleasure, just here to help.

nsw78's photo
Wed 09/02/15 07:26 AM

I told her if she's uncomfortable with me hitting on her all the time she could tell me, but she didn't say it bothered her

Maybe all she wants is friends. Just because she hasn't said it, doesn't mean she doesn't want it. She may have the same insecurities you seem to have and she may not feel comfortable saying anything for fear of hurting you.

I have learned something both from experience and from spending years in medical school so here comes some (I hope) good insight. I came to realize that most people who get into online gaming do so because they are not as comfortable with face to face interactions. Online gaming is an outlet, a way of meeting people. Everyone has their own way of doing things and that happens to be yours (and hers) and there in nothing wrong with it. You can use it to your advantage. As time goes on, get to know one another. If she is as excited as you say she is when the time comes for you two to meet online and play then there will come a time when maybe you two can meet up in person. You already share a common interest. Use that as a jump off point to start something or move on to the next step but again DON'T rush it, you'll do more harm than good that way. Take it slow, give it time. Good things come to those who wait and play their cards right. ;-)

nsw78's photo
Wed 09/02/15 07:19 AM

OP, don't take offence to this as it's not meant to be offensive but more a friendly, helpful word in your ear type thing.

forgive me if i have you wrong but reading your posts, you appear to be very unstable about yourself and potential relationships.

i'm not trying to judge you but asking if you're doing things wrong or how to do them etc etc just gives the impression that your quite a needy person who needs to be shown or told how to do everything.

apologies if this seems harsh, but just chill out fella, be yourself and don't try too hard to find someone, things will happen in time.

as for the current predicament, stop trying to "hit on to her", just be friendly, humorous and chatty and if she likes that then things will go from there.

good luck

Not unstable at all. Instability and insecurity are two different things.

nsw78's photo
Wed 09/02/15 06:33 AM

You all make it sound so easy

It's a lot easier than you think. Like I said, you have to get over the fact that you THINK you're hopeless. That's where it starts. If you think that way, it'll be hard. Know it's not true and before you know it, you'll be talking to girls (and guys) as naturally as breathing.

nsw78's photo
Wed 09/02/15 06:31 AM

Well I'm hopeless lol, never approached a girl in my life.

Here in-lies the problem. First you need to get over the fact that you think you're hopeless. Once you realize you're not hopeless, it'll be a lot easier to approach a woman. Simply walk up to her and say hi. Tell her that you saw her sitting alone and would she mind some company. If she says she doesn't mind, sit and offer to buy her a drink if you're in a bar. If you're in a coffee house, offer to buy her coffee.

nsw78's photo
Wed 09/02/15 06:28 AM
Find more common interests. Or sometimes doing nothing is best. Let her come to you. Don't push her to open up. She'll do it when she's ready. Just make it clear that you are there for her if she ever does need it.

nsw78's photo
Wed 09/02/15 06:25 AM
My fave pick up line is:
"Did it hurt when you fell from Heaven."

I also actually had this conversation once when I went to a bar one night years ago:
Man-You're new here, I'd remember a face that beautiful.
Me-Thanks.
Man-Buy you a drink?
Me-I can't accept, I don't want you to think is going to go somewhere that it's not. I'm gay but thanks.
Man-You're gay? Not for long.
(Exit stage left!)

nsw78's photo
Wed 09/02/15 06:20 AM

I have never used one, but I still think the cutest one I have heard is "Heaven must be missing an angel tonight". It don't work either, just thought is the cutest one by far. happy

"who stole the stars from the skies and put them in you eyes"

hmmmmnoway

The variation I heard was "your father must be a thief because he stole the sparkle form the stars and put them in your eyes."

nsw78's photo
Wed 09/02/15 06:18 AM
I already have my dream job as an ED nurse but I think I would have to say my dream position is HEAD ED nurse.

nsw78's photo
Wed 09/02/15 06:17 AM

Want to be a nurse
Head of ED

That dream ended after I saw blood and open flesh on tv

Yea, if you can't handle it on tv...
I'm an ED nurse myself and it doesn't bother me. It's just not for everyone. If you still want to be in the field there are plenty of options...
Billing & Coding
Admissions
Info Desk
Oncology (which is a little heart wrenching but no blood)

There are even options that don't deal with blood and gore but still give you the satisfaction of the nursing aspect like the maternity ward. You get to play with newborns all day.

nsw78's photo
Tue 09/01/15 07:34 AM

This is funny as hell. I work part time in a nursing home and my boss has this hanging in her office.

nsw78's photo
Mon 08/31/15 09:04 PM

I want honesty I actually crave honesty..
And the age old question
When a woman is stupid enough to ask
Does this make me look fat.

The honest answer is "NO" it isn't the article of clothing it is her that is making the article of clothing bulge out in the wrong places...

Like I say in my profile, if you don't want an honest answer, don't ask the question. If you're afraid of the answer, don't ask.

Great conversation between David Spade and Chris Farley in the movie Tommy Boy:

Chris: Does this tie make my neck look fat?
David: No your face does that.

laugh

nsw78's photo
Mon 08/31/15 08:28 AM

Guess I am to old or wrong culture, can someone explain this joke, please?

You need an explination? Must be a male thing.

He climbed the tree to feel if the mango was ripe then got down and started throwing stones to knock it out of the tree.

nsw78's photo
Mon 08/31/15 08:21 AM

Just curious, since online dating has lead me to believe no.

I can't say one way or another as to your personality but as far as physical looks...yes, you are a rather good looking man.

nsw78's photo
Mon 08/31/15 08:05 AM
You sound like an incredibly sweet guy. Too bad I am out of your age range (as well as too far in miles) it also doesn't help that I am gay but if circumstances were different, I would totally take you up on that. I am in the medical field, I'm an ER nurse so my profession and big heart can totally look past your physical situation. I also understand about not doing drugs (as a nurse I know better) and I also can't drink due to being on medication for clinical depression. I want to wish you the best of luck in your search. Keep your chin up and your head about you and I'm sure you'll find the right girl.

;-)

nsw78's photo
Mon 08/31/15 07:59 AM

Is it healthy to tell those sweet little "white" (Cool it Al Sharpton) lies in order to maintain a harmonious relationship?

Why are you telling Al Sharpton to cool it? He has no problem with "white" lies. He would however have a problem with it if they were "black" lies. I'm surprised he hasn't gone after the military and/or US government for use of the term "black ops."

nsw78's photo
Mon 08/31/15 05:21 AM

Hawaii .. Iraq ... rofl I guess he could be on holiday :banana: :banana:

That's one tell tale sign of a catfish...they claim to be in another country due to work or visiting a family member or on holiday.

nsw78's photo
Mon 08/31/15 05:20 AM

I have recently taken to simply blocking them when I see that their city and state don't match up. frustrated

When I see this, I don't even bother to respond. How many times have seen profiles from:

Manhattan, Washington
Manhattan, NJ
Manhattan, VA

(sigh)

Who knows it might be a new location created in their country spock

Yeah, it's a new location created in their country...by them because they're scammers.

nsw78's photo
Mon 08/31/15 05:18 AM
What do men get out of pretending to be a woman to reel in someone like myself who is looking for a genuine relationship only to be figured out as scammers and catfishers?

Do men get off on it? Why do they insist on wasting both their time and ours?

Signed,

Someone whose quickly losing faith in humanity