Community > Posts By > aussieguy288

no photo
Sun 03/17/19 02:14 PM
Edited by aussieguy288 on Sun 03/17/19 02:17 PM
I love listening to French women speaking English...

I don't mind the American accent but one I don't like is New York. Some Southern American accents are nice but some are hard to understand at times.

My favourite accent is Aussie.. The perfect "English"...

no photo
Fri 03/15/19 02:26 PM
I was married for 27 years and have lived on my own for the last 20 years. Had a few short relationships but they finished for one reason or another. No girl friend now for 10 years.

I don't mind my own company but I often think it would be nice to have a compatible lady by my side. I get a bit sick of the loneliness at times as I live in a small country town and only have one friend here. Closest family is nearly 300km's away.

I think as people get older they think twice about bring someone into their life.

But I'm open to finding a partner again. I've been on dating sites for years and I've come to the conclusion that because of where I live and being an aged pensioner I'm NOT what women want.

no photo
Tue 03/12/19 01:48 PM
The report and block system is ok if there were just a few fake profiles but there are hundreds.
I think the site isn't doing enough to stop these fakes, I think if they wanted to stop them they could.

Mingle2 is the worst site for fake profiles in my book.

no photo
Sat 02/23/19 04:57 PM
By the time I finish the "other" story I've forgotten the story I was telling in the first place.. most times.

no photo
Sat 02/23/19 04:51 PM

Right after I married my ex, he told me that he goes to a meeting once a month and he he was not allowed to tell me what they talk about.
It seems to me that he was trying to hide it from you maybe because he thought you may not be interested any longer. I thought if someone was doing stuff like that they would have told you well before the marriage happened.

no photo
Fri 02/15/19 01:26 PM
I give the three girls at my local coffee shop and the six staff at my local pub (small country town) gifts of Ferrero Rocher chocolates at Xmas time in appreciation of the friendly service and great meals. They were all very appreciative that someone took the time to do that for them.

no photo
Fri 02/15/19 02:06 AM
I've been on my own for 20 years with the last short relationship 10 years ago. I spent time on the computer, doing jobs in and outside the house. Usually cook lunch a few days a week as it gives me time to watch TV shows I have recorded.. so I can zap out the ads.

Like Cat, I'm a bit of a loner but I would enjoy having a partner just the same. As you get older you don't need the stuff or do the things you did before which gives you more time to think about things and it nearly always get's back to thinking that you are alone, not necessarily lonely.

no photo
Tue 02/12/19 12:41 PM
He's with Wally..

no photo
Fri 01/25/19 02:44 AM

Going for 47c today which is 116.6f.. it will be the hottest temperature I have ever experienced if it gets there.

Northern Victoria Australia.
Got to 46.7c.. hottest I've ever experienced.

no photo
Thu 01/24/19 01:00 PM
Going for 47c today which is 116.6f.. it will be the hottest temperature I have ever experienced if it gets there.

Northern Victoria Australia.

no photo
Thu 01/17/19 12:52 AM
I would never marry anyone at first sight, doesn't matter how beautiful they looked on the outside as I wouldn't know anything about how beautiful they are on the inside.

I went with my ex for 5 years before we got married and it lasted for 27 years. We had some rough patches and separated twice before mutually ending it but we remain friends for the sake of our two daughters who appreciate it that we are friends.

I've been on my own for 20 years and would like to get married again if I found a compatible lady. I think once people get older they think twice about it which is understandable.

I'm always looking and enjoy watching people wondering if they would be compatible with me.

no photo
Fri 01/11/19 07:48 PM

Yeah, there is already a weather thread here.
Cat, do you know how to move this to the Weather thread?

no photo
Fri 01/11/19 07:46 PM
Edited by aussieguy288 on Fri 01/11/19 07:49 PM

Me too, warmer would be nice. It’s minus 30c here
Crikey, I don't know how you live in those minus 30c temps. About the lowest it goes where I live is around -2c which is 28.4F

no photo
Fri 01/11/19 07:30 PM
Edited by aussieguy288 on Fri 01/11/19 07:31 PM

Yeah, there is already a weather thread here.

My apologies.. forgot about it. Can this thread be moved to it?

no photo
Fri 01/11/19 07:29 PM

41c at the moment going for 43c which is about 109F. Couple more temps in the 40c's to come.. Monday 41c, Tuesday 44c, Wednesday 45c (113F)

a thread about weather near you ???
my oh my....what a fresh idea this is, thanks

Yes my local weather forecast.. Northern Victoria in Australia

no photo
Fri 01/11/19 06:59 PM
Edited by aussieguy288 on Fri 01/11/19 07:00 PM
The washing was dry before I hung it on the line..

41c at the moment going for 43c which is about 109F. Couple more temps in the 40c's to come.. Monday 41c, Tuesday 44c, Wednesday 45c (113F)

no photo
Sat 01/05/19 12:09 PM
There seems to be a "special" day for just about everything so why not dating. I think it's probably dating sites trying to drum up business.

no photo
Tue 12/25/18 01:00 AM
My daughters and I no long exchange gifts for Xmas or birthdays. I send two grandsons some money which they use during the year on trips etc.

no photo
Tue 12/25/18 12:57 AM
I've spent a few Xmas's on my onw in the past. I'm visiting my brother today with his family.

Left another post wishing you an enjoyable day with your family but you will be in your lonesome. It's a time for famlies but sadly not all get to share it that way.

no photo
Mon 12/24/18 01:03 AM
Have a very enjoyable and safe Xmas Blondey..

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 18 19