Community > Posts By > JustScribbles

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/22/15 08:46 PM

Haaahaa scrbblers..I like to keep em guessing:wink:

Sneaky critter! And here I'd thought you'd been possessed by aliens or something. grumble

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/22/15 08:38 PM
Edited by JustScribbles on Fri 05/22/15 08:40 PM
Best advice I ever got regarding this: If you want a good back, put up a good front.

A lot of the folks who weighed in said the same. Your lower back muscles (which is what I believe you're referring to as being sore) share the support of your torso with your abdominals. Work them with both strength building moves and stretching exerises. Don't neglect things like standing or lying leg raises (on your tummy and your back), lunges, kicks, etc. Everything that engages your core will, to some extent or another, work your back, as well.

The other thing you'll find that will help is balance exercises. Take what opportunities arise to walk along low beams like curbs or some landscaping fencing, even imaginary lines in a pinch. Incorporate pivots and turns and spins. Balance is a key aspect in both the dance itself and the strengthening of the muscles needed for it.

My mom was a competitive dancer and I used to laugh at her all the time as she did little pirouettes and the like all over the place. When I started playin' sports (and at the dances after games) , those lessons served me well.

Good luck and keep dancing. flowerforyou

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/22/15 07:44 PM

Do you think people really want opinions most the time they ask for them?

Not as an absolute.
Like if you only gave them an opinion and walked away they would be content with that.
There's always more to all communication that isn't an attempt to determine immediate choices (e.g. how many apples are in that bushel, how many enemies are there, did you kill the buffalo or just wound it?)

If not what?

Anything coming out of someones mouth (or fingers via typing) that isn't asking for specific actionable factual information is an attempt at getting something other than what is being asked for.

If you want an easy answer outside of actionable information people open their mouths (or type like on forums) for 1 of 2 simple reasons.
1. To manipulate the behavior or perception of others for their individual wants/needs.
2. To establish a pecking order and/or group identity in a social hierarchy.

Verbal (typed) communication is just a tool (opinions, humor, screams, text speak, whatever).
All tools can be used for multiple functions and always are.
Human beings are limited in what they want though.
They just try to go about fulfilling it in infinite ways though in order to appear special and valued.

Sure. Take cynicism, for instance. Or maybe, pedanticism? pedantry? I don't know.

At the end of the day, folks ask questions to get an answer. It's the answerers that determine the outcome.

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/22/15 07:32 PM
^^^That's the reason my favorite coffee cup says, 'Don't mess with Texas women.'

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/22/15 07:27 PM
The best wisdom I can offer is this: That's ALL you're up against? I'll trade places with ya, in a heartbeat.

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/22/15 07:22 PM

I don't agree that it's just women who do it, there is an equal majority of everyone who does it male and female.

Uh-uhhhhh! Men don't fib! C'mon. You've gotta be kidding, I really am a baby cat with two ducking appendages. Honest! tongue2

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/22/15 07:16 PM
Nutz, I'd settle for learnin' how come this thread is labeled 'Thug'.

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/22/15 07:13 PM
Nutz! I've already named my dog! Timing is ever'thing, I reckon. grumble

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/22/15 07:06 PM

23... That year, I trained 2 horses who had never jumped a fence in their lives, and I rode both to a season championship! Clever brave babies... The several other I worked with also did well, finding new homes or going back to their old ones with better manners and happier attitudes.
1989 Hunters Year End Champion, Neatly Maid (or Cupcake, her stable name)

That's sooooo cool, Suz. I've never jumped a horse in my life, let alone trained one to do so. I'm impressed. :thumbsup:

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/22/15 06:52 PM

The bottom right seems to have the most chocolate. I can't go wrong with chocolate.

This works. I love to share. If nothin' else, we can lick icing off one another's lips 'til she gets tired of me teasing. tongue2

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/22/15 06:30 PM
I'm leanin' toward the one on the bottom right. Sort of resembles the 'Yin-Yang' symbol a bit and I'm abso-positively a li'l of both. I might not even eat the thing - just shellac it, name it Jeff and put it on the nightstand. If nothin' else, it'll be a great 'what the hell is that doin' here?' conversation starter. drinker

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/22/15 06:13 PM

I don't feel like and older person smokin

C'mere, Lady. I'll be the judge o'that! pitchfork

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/22/15 06:07 PM
Edited by JustScribbles on Fri 05/22/15 06:12 PM

rofl You tell them like it is lust puppy. rofl

Woooooffff! Woof! drinker

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/22/15 06:01 PM
'Appearances can be deceiving' and occasionally 'Skip the lions, tigers and bears, let's go straight to 'Oh, my!''

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/22/15 05:53 PM
There are lots of younger folks around in the Zoo...errr, Forum. They just don't hang around for long. When they see that they're expected to put a coherent sentence together to shoot the breeze - POOF! - like magic, they're gone.

Good luck and hang around a bit here; they'll show up (for a minute or two, anyhow.) :wink:

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/22/15 03:21 PM
smile2 My entire life is full of tiny little short-lived rebellions - status quo somehow equals dead in my eyes. The first, and my fondest, was as a timid li'l Catholic school, altar boy on Sunday, closet member of Led Zeppelin.

We'd practiced and put up with the threats of dire consequences should we screw it up, our school's first appearance at a multi-jurisdictional musical performance/showcase. Our little piece o'the pie was an old Folk standard...something about 'sail on the sloop John B, my grandfather and me.'

I hated it, but was the only accomplished guitarist in this 7th grade class and I had never performed live before and was dyin' to do it.

The day of the show, my acoustic 'mysteriously' got broken and I had to play my electric or we'd have no guitar.

While we were fooling around before the show, I met another guitarist and we traded licks back and forth and he said 'You oughta throw a solo in there.'

Long story short, I gave our chaperoning Penguins a collective heart attack and got a standing ovation from about 1500 people who weren't expecting that. Too much fun! drinker

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/22/15 02:58 PM
a leftover 3-alarm turkey breast ~ stuffed breast with jalapenos and sharp cheddar, topped with crushed red and regular old black pepper, bacon and maple baked beans and backed by an ice-cold Ziegenbock.

Being immune to heart-burn is such a blessing. rofl

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/22/15 02:30 PM
Good stuff, partner. :thumbsup:

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/22/15 01:45 PM

That year I turned 35.

WAIT! I'm confused...

I'm not still 35?

What the hell happened?!?!

No sweat, MB. My wife was 28 for 5 years. Just pick an age and stick with it. rofl

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/22/15 01:35 PM
Yikes! I was 32 and after bein' out of the Marines for a decade, joined the Army. Some folks never learn. *sigh*

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25