Community > Posts By > JustScribbles

JustScribbles's photo
Wed 05/20/15 06:26 PM
This is sooo not fair! Why should I get spanked for..ummm..spanking? Is it MY fault I missed ya? grumble

JustScribbles's photo
Wed 05/20/15 06:11 PM
Edited by JustScribbles on Wed 05/20/15 06:21 PM

I got blinded by thoughts of Crimson Clad smooches. tongue2

(I cheated and went back after seeing '90'. Thought WTF?? How'd I miss that? Bein' old sux, sometimes.)

JustScribbles's photo
Wed 05/20/15 05:29 PM
I've had a chance to shoot the breeze with Rains a time or two. She'd even mentioned, before-hand, that she had a Louisiana drawl. I'd like to say I was prepared for it. Nope. I wasn't. shocked

Despite having had a very good friend from LA, it was pretty surprising (pleasantly so) to expect a 'tamed' drawl from someone now livin' in the almost Great White North to have all the inflections and 'r' sounds that end in 'uh' sounds - think Brothuh, Mothuh, etc. - in my ear again.

It's cool to get surprises. :banana:

JustScribbles's photo
Wed 05/20/15 03:06 PM

I didn't take it that way at all. I am enjoying the conversation and not just trying to prove my point. flowerforyou Sometimes it's hard to communicate with just the written word. I need to use more emoticons. :wink:

Cool. drinker

JustScribbles's photo
Wed 05/20/15 02:58 PM

But see, I wasn't disagreeing with this kind of scenario. I specifically said that positive thinking will bring the right people and situations to you. I used the job application as an example of getting out there and taking action. You were not sitting in your living room thinking positively when the phone suddenly rang with an incredible job offer. You were out actively pursuing your dream and the situation shifted and you met the right person. I absolutely believe that's how the law of attraction works.

Oh, yeah. You're spot on, Ruth. I didn't mean to imply that I was sittin' on my dead azz wishing for something good to happen. The example was one of doing/experiencing one thing, believing something else could/would/should happen and voila!

I could have phrased the original post better. It certainly wasn't me taking a poke at ya. flowerforyou

JustScribbles's photo
Wed 05/20/15 02:36 PM
Edited by JustScribbles on Wed 05/20/15 02:41 PM

How many of you know that our thoughts and daydreaming can create actual events in your lives?.

Do you mean to say that just thoughts, daydreaming , desires or wishes without any actual attempt, action or performance can create actual events in life?

No. We live in a physical world. Physical actions are required. Using "positive thinking" however will bring about favorable conditions within which you can act. The right people and situations begin to come to you and open the way for you to create your new reality.

^ You don't understand the law of attraction. The physical is energy which is shaped by the subconscious mind. Believing and persistence and a burning desire creates your reality. Thinking is being.

I do understand it very well. And no amount of positive thinking will cause me to suddenly be employed without submitting a job application. The positive thinking will create opportunities and bring the right people into my life. But if I sit in my living room and never apply for a job, I will not have a job.

I understand your point and, without doubt, belief coupled with action is a powerful combination and makes sense.

On the other hand, one of the two best jobs I ever had was, literally, handed to me during a positive thinking adventure. I'd moved to Texas for a position, used every penny I had to do so and when I got here, the fella I was to work with told me, "I hired my nephew. I'm sorry."

With less than a dollar in my pocket, a guitar and some clothes (I couldn't carry more) I set off to hitch 1100 miles 'home.' At first, I was pissed. A few miles into it, I started looking at it as something else - No door closes without opening another.

Two miles later, a guy gave me a ride, we got talking about guitars and music. Long story short, he owned his own business, gave me a job, gave me use of a trailer home that he normally rented out, taught me a trade and I taught him to play guitar.

He's still one of my best friends.

A simple mindset - I'm worth it and good things DO happen - created a miracle.

That isn't the only successful example I've experienced, either.

I don't believe in magic. I do believe that belief changes circumstances. There's a technical term for it - synchronicity.

JustScribbles's photo
Tue 05/19/15 08:46 PM
I offer all the prayers and well-wishes an ol' fella can bestow, Ms.T. And a personal observation, cancer does NOT always win. Bright Blessings to you and yours, Trish. flowerforyou

JustScribbles's photo
Tue 05/19/15 08:39 PM
Good stuff, partner. All I gotta do now is figure out how to get your 1st post printed onto a T-shirt. Or maybe one of those magnetic signs that I can stick to her car door when she isn't lookin'. drinker

JustScribbles's photo
Tue 05/19/15 07:25 PM
Edited by JustScribbles on Tue 05/19/15 07:32 PM

Not sure where this quote comes from, but it doesn't ring true to me. The awakening of love, in men or women, is a blessing. There are those that have forgotten they can be loved. That particular miracle is worth remembering. If that love is futile, it's no less powerful and worth experiencing. :heart:

Someone waaaay better with a pen than I asked, '...is it better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all?'

JustScribbles's photo
Tue 05/19/15 06:10 PM
I use'em every chance I get. There's seldom a line and I'm an independent cuss on the best of days. I can find things more productive to do than stand in lines. drinker

JustScribbles's photo
Tue 05/19/15 05:47 PM
Mis-filed

JustScribbles's photo
Mon 05/18/15 09:07 PM
Me am much in decent. Am you in love me now dear? :heart:

JustScribbles's photo
Mon 05/18/15 05:59 PM
or consider working for a Cruise Line. Lots of different sorts of jobs available and wandering the world is part of the job description.

JustScribbles's photo
Mon 05/18/15 03:15 PM

Ok, I've applied for 20 jobs....let's see what happens.......*crosses fingers*:thumbsup:

Best o'Luck, Bunnie! Got my fingers crossed for ya, too. :thumbsup: flowerforyou

JustScribbles's photo
Sun 05/17/15 07:50 PM
Passages

Come points in our lives.
Those things that should not be,
Aches, some pains, internal strife
...and care? Not necessarily.

It isn't a requirement; to care,
to hurt, to dream thoughts of ~
what else is there?
Passionate friendship need not be love.

A touch need not be romance,
kindness not an anchor.
And music can urge us both to dance
without changing into the rancor

of broken pieces, unwanted space.
It only takes some back and forth
between friends that see your face,
for dreams to fly, to see your worth,

to wake to what might be,
to look and really see,
to ask the one who'd answer, 'See?
You mean the world to me.'

I'd hold your hand and dry your tears,
make you laugh until you pee.
I'd help you banish life's big fears,
and walk beside you 'til you see

Oracles can lead you on
and friends can do the same.

If only you'd just asked me.

JustScribbles's photo
Sun 05/17/15 04:01 PM
I didn't learn my lesson soon enough. My favorite cup said 'Don't Mess With Texas Women.' Was my fave until a Texas dollie snatched it and broke it. Pesky critter. drinker

JustScribbles's photo
Sun 05/17/15 09:30 AM
information overload

JustScribbles's photo
Sun 05/17/15 09:02 AM

Sounds like fun, Ruth.

I've got one. I chose work that's emotionally fulfilling but not too lucrative. Am I going to kick myself for that one of these days? waving

You'll definitely feel the pressure of low income. Just remember that in the end it will be better to have spent your life doing emotionally fulfilling work rather than having a lot of money. And making more money also comes with stress. I think this card is telling you that fear is your worst enemy, not a lack of a lucrative career. Proper financial planning and a good budget will alleviate most of this fear.

Thanks, Ruth~flowerforyou

JustScribbles's photo
Sun 05/17/15 08:31 AM
Sounds like fun, Ruth.

I've got one. I chose work that's emotionally fulfilling but not too lucrative. Am I going to kick myself for that one of these days? waving

JustScribbles's photo
Sun 05/17/15 08:27 AM
Ms. Right doesn't live around here. On the other hand, this place is chock full of Ms. Right Nows! :banana:

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25