Community > Posts By > JustScribbles

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/29/15 07:44 PM
Am absolutely a 'Hair Band' crazoid. Still the only stuff I really enjoy playing. I play and teach guitar and it makes me laugh to hear folks say, 'You can play THAT!?' tongue2

Old guys rule! :banana: Wish I could find more guys my age that wanted to put a band together. This ol' college town'd never be the same. rofl

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/29/15 07:15 PM
Edited by JustScribbles on Fri 05/29/15 07:16 PM
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/articles/humandog.htm

I read somewhere, in the last day or two, that dogs have a better understanding of human language than we give'em credit for.

Everyone knows dogs have certain senses that are more well developed than ours.

I've been surprised today by my dog and it made me look into it a bit.

Am havin' 'one o'those days' and, while nothing behaviorly is any different - we played when I got in from work, she's been fed and is happy that she was, I'm not kicking stuff, not snarling or growling or anything out of the ordinary, she hasn't taken her eyes off me, once.

Not normally a 'care-giver', she's gotten up half a dozen times to come over and give me a lick or two, then gone back to patient watchfulness.

When I got up to take out the trash, she got between me and the door (she's never done anything remotely like that) and refused to move so I could go out.

I know I'm havin' an odd day; how'd Spring know? I know I don't want to run into any two-leggers anymore today. How come my dog thinks that's a good idea?

Any Mingler's dogs read their minds?

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/29/15 06:37 PM
Edited by JustScribbles on Fri 05/29/15 06:39 PM
oops There wasn't anything uplifting 'bout what I just posted. slaphead

Lo siento mucho; Mingle as therapy. Who'd a thunk it?

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/29/15 05:50 PM

Frustrated and angry as hell

Me, too. Wanna go get a beer and play Whack-a-Mole 'til our frustrations turn into laughter? waving

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/29/15 05:35 PM
Edited by JustScribbles on Fri 05/29/15 05:36 PM
smart grrrrrl. :wink:

And howdy, Lb. drinker

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/29/15 05:33 PM

what to watch on tv........my life is so exciting:banana:

Awww, Bunny-doll. Look at the bright side (and the TV Guide), you could have the creatures crawlin' around in my noggin today in yours! rofl

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/29/15 02:58 PM
Edited by JustScribbles on Fri 05/29/15 03:09 PM
coffee eating critters!

oops

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/29/15 02:56 PM
rofl

Maggie and Ronnie wouldn've had matching black glass baubles on their respective desks.

JustScribbles's photo
Thu 05/28/15 01:40 PM

Must be a bad relationship.

Not necessarily. I'm one of those that must have time to myself.

I don't know about all guys, but this particular one needs to be alone, in order to be comfy. If I'm around others, I think about others. Jeff gets lost. That's overwhelming, pretty often.

Can't tell ya how many times I've heard 'Gee, must be a bad relationship to chase you off by yourself.' That's not the case, at all. I just know, with certainty, that in order to get a 'full charge of my batteries' I need to be alone. Just wired that way, that's all. *shrugs*

JustScribbles's photo
Thu 05/28/15 01:14 PM
NTS-Telepathy does work. Just takes a loooong time, sometimes. slaphead

(I was so very happy to hear the words 'You want to drive awhile?' today.)

JustScribbles's photo
Thu 05/28/15 01:08 PM
tongue2

Simple. JustScribbles is all I'm good for. rofl

JustScribbles's photo
Thu 05/28/15 12:57 PM
Yep, my animals eat first. Even if I don't.

Spring knows it, too. Sometimes, I'll be nibbling a Slim Jim on the way home from work. When she smells it, she 'harrumphs!' turns her back on me and will lay there looking at her food (she eats when I get home) trying to make me feel guilty. It's cute. laugh

JustScribbles's photo
Wed 05/27/15 08:50 PM
A reporter was interviewing Edison and asked, 'How did you ever stick to it? You failed 10,000 times trying to make the incandescent light bulb?'

Edison's reply was classic, 'I didn't ever fail. I simply found 10,000 things that didn't work.'

JustScribbles's photo
Wed 05/27/15 07:59 PM
Edited by JustScribbles on Wed 05/27/15 08:00 PM

Does it have any relation to tweezers?

I'd hope that damned 1st aid kit has tweezers in it...otherwise, it's the Leatherman and that's a big tool for a delicate job.rofl

JustScribbles's photo
Wed 05/27/15 07:57 PM

What do you need a magnifying glass for? To make fire?

That's a good use for it, yeah. It comes in handy in some 1st aid applications, too. You can use it to cook small pieces of meat on a raft if sushi doesn't float your boat, it makes kind of a handy drill, if you're feelin' really hard core, you can cauterize wounds with it. If you suspend it over head it'll keep some flying insects out of your hair. They're pretty handy.

JustScribbles's photo
Wed 05/27/15 07:47 PM
From Socrates to Sartre - The Philosophic Quest (T.Z. Levine)

JustScribbles's photo
Wed 05/27/15 07:46 PM

Wow, looks like many of you have thought this through. So ready!

Was a SERE Instructor a lifetime ago. This sort of stuff was my day job. tongue2

JustScribbles's photo
Wed 05/27/15 07:23 PM
Compass/reflector
roll of extra large black plastic garbage bags
flint/steel
a good 1st aid kit (something well beyond band-aids and Bacitracin)
two Epi-pens
Sunglasses
The SAS Survival Guide (it's better than the Army's Field Manual)
Kabar w/paracord wrapped grip/sheath w/sharpener
Top o'the line Leatherman tool
Jungle Hammock w/integrated mosquito netting
Back pack to haul all of this stuff around
E-tool
2 gallon coffee can (I'll find some place to put the coffee)
pocket sized tackle box/fishing gear
bulk spool of 40 lb fishing line
magnifying glass
8x8 light colored tarp
20 ounce hot/cold cup w/lid
Iodine tablets
and, just because if you ain't cheating you're not trying hard enough,
a pocket full of salt/pepper/coffee/tea packets. :wink:

JustScribbles's photo
Wed 05/27/15 06:44 PM
Ack! I lived with a girl once that had zero respect for privacy of any sort and absolutely no shame. It was more uncomfortable than Marine Boot Camp.grumble

If the door's closed, please leave it that way. :angry:

JustScribbles's photo
Wed 05/27/15 02:56 PM
I don't know if it's 'real' or not; could be something Big Pharma dreamt up. There's a condition known as Seasonal Affective Disorder.

I lean toward it being real. I'm a summer sunshine nut. When it starts getting cooler, I get sadder - almost by the day. That may have more to do with my temperature preferences, though. It can't get too hot or humid for me and anything below 70 degrees F. makes me twitch. :laughing:

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25