Community > Posts By > Tigardman

no photo
Sat 06/20/09 03:13 PM
Edited by Tigardman on Sat 06/20/09 03:14 PM
Glenn Frey was with the Eagles and did some solo work as well.

Lyin Eyes
Peaceful Easy Feeling
Smugglers Blues

and Yeah GG....SH with Montrose! :thumbsup:

no photo
Sat 06/20/09 03:02 PM
Van Halen with David Lee Roth is definitely IMO the best VH version. Although I love Sammy Haggar by himself.

Three Lock Box
Theres Only One Way to Rock
Heavy Metal

no photo
Sat 06/20/09 03:00 PM
Seger is really good too, depends on the mood. Slow relaxing music I love Fleetwood Mac, and Seger falls into that category too. Great musician and his songs are superb.

So many good Classic Rock bands/artists that there are literally too many to list that are great.

no photo
Sat 06/20/09 02:55 PM
Id send you a message to break your streak, but alas, Mail Requirements! frustrated

=P
TM

no photo
Sat 06/20/09 02:54 PM
Love Skynyrd. Have listened to their music going on 20 years now.

Simple Man
Gimme Back My Bullets
The Ballad of Curtis Lowe
Double Trouble
That Smell

Some of my favorites.

Classic Rock is mainly what I listen to, SRV, Stones, The Who, Fleetwood Mac, and Steve Miller are some of my steadies.

Yourself Snook?

TM

no photo
Sat 06/20/09 02:49 PM

flowerforyou I'd date a smoker but long term i'd like the person to quit smoking because mostly i'd want them to be healthy and live as long as possible with meflowerforyou I would be patentflowerforyou

Bingo! It'll kill ya. That much I know.

But, I do it. I must have a frickin neon sign above my head blinking.."you are an idiot"

Try having 3 people in my family that are longtime nurses (25+ years each). At family get togethers I used to get lectured about the evils of smoking. If we stood together our signs might match!

TM

Try having a 37 yr old husband die of lung cancer. My sign is Blinking!

My condolences Auburn. flowerforyou Hopefully we can both turn off our signs soon.

no photo
Sat 06/20/09 02:45 PM
Welcome Muffin

flowerforyou

no photo
Sat 06/20/09 02:43 PM
Have a Gock 23 (.40 cal) that I have as my personal. Used to carry a Glock 21 (.45 cal) as a service weapon. Loved the 45, just a little big to be a carry gun. Both guns were very accurate and felt very comfortable during quals.

Also have a Ruger P90 (9mm) with black rubber grips. Functional gun to shoot, just a little weighty for a carry around piece.

TM

no photo
Sat 06/20/09 02:37 PM

flowerforyou I'd date a smoker but long term i'd like the person to quit smoking because mostly i'd want them to be healthy and live as long as possible with meflowerforyou I would be patentflowerforyou

Bingo! It'll kill ya. That much I know.

But, I do it. I must have a frickin neon sign above my head blinking.."you are an idiot"

Try having 3 people in my family that are longtime nurses (25+ years each). At family get togethers I used to get lectured about the evils of smoking. If we stood together our signs might match!

TM

no photo
Sat 06/20/09 02:29 PM
Hello Becca,

Good Luck here on Mingle.

TM

no photo
Sat 06/20/09 11:49 AM
Good topic, I smoke and although I would like to quit, I havent beaten that demon yet. I would quit for me, as it should be, but encouragement never hurt.

I usually look for women who do smoke just because Ive met enough that dont smoke and arent willing to look further than the end of a lit cigarette.

TM

no photo
Fri 06/19/09 09:21 PM

Get out your apple (vodka) martinis and throw on your dance clothes, it's time to go out and chase some tail, have some fun, get lit and throw caution to the wind trying to pick up some gold digger at the club and trick her in to going home with you, right?

Waste of time.

What happened to the rough and rugged men of the past, who played cards and drank whiskey and smoked and chewed and shot guns and worked for a living? Nowadays I don't know who's more "girly", the women that I meet or the men that they go after.

You'll pack yourself into a gym 5 days a week for a 2 hour workout but you refuse to do any job that involves actual work. "I'm too smart to be a construction worker," or is it "I'm too lazy?"

I have a bunch of peers who got laid off 2 months ago (1 girl and about 10 guys, isn't life fair?) and NONE of them have found another job yet. Don't know about everyone, but my butt would be doing something other than sitting around waiting for another engineering position to fall in my lap.

Where's the woodworking and beer drinking gone? Why do men try so hard to keep their hair neat and their fingernails clean nowadays? Where are the real men?

Why do I care???? I don't really:laughing:

Id have to agree that its a huge generalization, there are plenty of guys (as you describe them) still left in the world. Maybe you're not looking in the right places. Its almost like asking that same question (where are all the real men in this world) at a country club.

Ill agree to disagree with your statement.

TM

no photo
Fri 06/19/09 06:52 PM

Has anyone read Steven Ericksons series about the Malazion?

Farland - read through book 4 but have through 6. Enjoyed what I've read so far.

Glen Cooks - Shadow Company books were good though kinda odd after the first 3.

Donaldson - I've enjoyed ALL his books, not just the Covenant series

Goodkind - liked them but enjoyed the first and last 3 best. Liked how he ripped the world apart.

Enjoy Sara Douglas, Kate Elliot, Jennifer Fallon, Elizabeth Haydon, Mercedes Lackey, Stephen Lawhead, Robert Holdstock, and many others.

Started Terry Brooks years ago and wasn't really impressed but may flip back into it

Elizabeth Haydon...I LOVE this series. I wasnt sure when I picked up the first book, but after reading it I love the story she presents. I literally couldnt put the books down until I had finished.

Have always heard good things about Mercedes Lackey, Ill have to check it out.

Sword of Truth......Zedd is a great character, his whole character sparks a smile everytime he spouts some of his great lines.

Also heard about Shadow Company....how many books is it and other than your overview, is it worth the time invested?

TM

no photo
Fri 06/19/09 05:58 PM
: Points to FaithfulOne78 :

Ya found her!

no photo
Fri 06/19/09 05:55 PM
Welcome to Mingle Sexy!

Hope you can "bear" all the personalities on this site!

blushing Yeah, that was bad.........

Tm

no photo
Fri 06/19/09 05:53 PM
You are correct, hes pretty dark.

A Game of Thrones
A Storm of Swords
A Clash of Kings
A Feast for Crows

He has tremendous character building abilities in his first couple of books, but he tends to lean towards the darker side of humanity. Like I said earlier, he builds up characters to the point that you can relate to then, and then BOOM they are gone. While Dark, I find that amazingly unknown to most authors.

Eddings was my first "Series" that I ever got interested in. Amazing depth to his world and a great story writer. His characters are very likable and energetic. He cradles his characters in love, It would almost be an abomination to kill them.

Terry Brooks was the next series I really got interested in. He kills off some of his characters (Garet Jax), but it wasnt a stretch to see it. Not as good of a writer as Eddings, but a pleasurable read.

Salvatore kills Elbryan, but I guess his point is to develop Jilseponie more, and Elbryans death (while tragic) is understandable with his opponent being so powerful.

Who knows, Maybe the way Jordans books have been going he will kill off Rand before TG and the Dark One will win!

TM

no photo
Fri 06/19/09 05:20 PM
Ok, Ive read Highwayman and The Ancient, Ill have to run down and get this one. Enjoyed the Highwayman, Jury is still out on The Ancient.

Ever read any of George RR Martin?

TM

no photo
Fri 06/19/09 05:17 PM

My weiner, even though i abuse itdrinker

I guess its a buddy you wont ever lose!

no photo
Fri 06/19/09 05:15 PM
Definitely have the Pouty look going on!

TM

no photo
Fri 06/19/09 05:04 PM
I would agree with you about Salvatore and his battle sequences. The fight scenes with Jilseponie and Elbryan were great, very rich.

Is Saga of the First King new, or an offshoot of something else?

TM

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 14 15