Community > Posts By > EquusDancer

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 12/02/11 02:04 PM

My brother helping mom with the tree. Cinnabar "helping" Todd. Teddy and Freckles supervising!

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 12/02/11 01:55 PM

EquusDancer's photo
Wed 11/30/11 08:16 PM
Try dogfoodadvisor.com It gives a star rating for tons of different brands, dry and wet. Science Diet doesn't actually rank very well. Due to grain issues and allergies with mine I was able to hunt down and find some quality food for my 3 without breaking the bank. You'll have to cut back and ignore the begging. I did with my old girl, and she's dropped about 10 lbs, looks far better, is way more active and frisky, and she's 12.

EquusDancer's photo
Wed 11/30/11 12:29 PM
Heh! We had English Mastiffs who did that. Mom was helping some guy and he reached in the drivers window. Beefeater roared (literally) and lunged at him. He fell on the ground scrambling backwards.

We had a sign in the driveway up In MI to honk, and not get out until someone came out. People did it, we'd open the back door and quietly let all the Mastiffs out. They'd meander out to the vehicles and we'd roll laughing watching people fling themselves back into their cars.

EquusDancer's photo
Wed 11/30/11 08:12 AM
2 Horses, 3 dogs, 2 potbelly pigs, 2 turkeys, 12 goats, 30 chickens, 3 guineas, 1 cockatiel, 1 quaker parrot, 1 Patagonian Conure, and 1 cat. And 4 dogs, who are my little brothers, the brats.

EquusDancer's photo
Tue 11/29/11 02:56 PM
Me here!

EquusDancer's photo
Mon 11/28/11 05:02 AM
For me, local is about a 50 mile radius, since I live out in the country. Puts me up to Dallas, and over to Arlington, max. And even thats iffy. Oh, and I won't move back into the city. Period.

EquusDancer's photo
Mon 11/28/11 04:46 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing a fourth. New characters and actors would be great. Shia isn't bad, but I hope they can do better with the female leads, or do away with them altogether. I really wasn't impressed with the second gal, she couldn't act worth flip, and I really couldn't get past her honker of a nose.

As far as the Transformers themselves, its been so long since I watched the cartoons, I wouldn't know the basic storyline anyways. I like dinos, so Dinobots, if done well would be a blast.

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 11/27/11 05:01 AM
LOLLOL!

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 11/25/11 01:28 PM
LOLLOL!

EquusDancer's photo
Thu 11/24/11 10:33 AM
I don't particularly care about diamonds, I would do other stones, garnets being at the top of my list. I do want a choice in the type of ring I might wear, however. If it's something the guy wants me to wear "forever" then it's gotta be able to handle the abuse, from digging in the dirt to putting up fence.

My biggest "thing" would be if I wear a ring, he wears one too. I get to lay my claim, if he gets to lay his.

I can understand previous comments about safety, but I know several men whose fingers were saved by having rings on, including dad, on the other side of that story.

But since I don't see myself getting married, it's probably all moot, and I'll have to go find my own ring. LOL!

EquusDancer's photo
Thu 11/24/11 10:22 AM
Looking back, it amazes me some of the screwy things I used to do on horseback, and survived. I only rarely ever had a riding helmet on, though we had them, and usually if it was something specific where I knew there was a chance I'd land on my head, learning something new.

Fortunately, no matter how hard my brother and I played, whatever we did, nothing left broken bones. Even jumping out of the barn loft and such.

I don't actually have issues with safety equipment and such, but do have issues with it being mandated. Parents need to parent. Not anyone else. If you want your kid protected, then buy the gear to do so.

EquusDancer's photo
Thu 11/24/11 10:02 AM
Speaking of re-reading, the 4th and final book came out in the Eragon series by Christopher Paolini. FINALLY!! I will give you that the books are big, and the detail is impressive but 10 years?

Anyways, since it's been a while, I grabbed the first 3 out of the storage shed and will start rolling through the whole 4 books shortly.

EquusDancer's photo
Thu 11/24/11 09:59 AM

I am having a melt down!!!!! I am out of books!!! HELP ME... eh, I could go to the library but it is raining bowling balls. I will have to read the forums for now.
Anyone have the new fire kindle yet? I want to hear the feed back on it.

Out of books?! That so wouldn't work for me. I try and keep at least 50 books at hand to go through, but I have others I'll reread!

EquusDancer's photo
Mon 11/21/11 09:53 AM
Siamese are a hoot! And oh yeah, they talk your ears off! My folks found a baby that had been dumped and once she recovered it was all noise. Mom always joked that Carina and dad had to have their sit down and talk before mom and dad could have theirs when he got home from work. She loved being under the covers in the winter and would gently tap dad on the face to get him to lift the covers. tapping would harder if he wasn't fast enough. Unfortunately, she was the only cat that my folks had to declaw after she shredded 2 couches. But she was a great cat.

Jeannie, like the book idea. I've always wanted to do that with my animals. Definitely good stories to tell. :-)

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 11/20/11 11:41 AM

Stop trying to pick a fight with me Equus...

hehehehehehehe

I'm in total agreement with you. My dogs don't get away with the crap kids do, and are by far better mannered. Why parents think everyone else's should have to deal with their "precious" is beyond me. I laid in to one kid who purposely spit water on the floor at Wal-Mart one time, made him go get paper towels and clean it up. His mother came screaming down on me, and wanted to ***** me out for it, but ignore the fact that her kid was just plain nasty and rude.

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 11/20/11 11:27 AM

When I rode my bie for miles to visit friends as a kid....there was no such thing as a bike helmet.

Skinned knees were common...with no band aids....cause we didnt need em and most band aids were too damned small.

Parents today (mainly the women) are just retarded over the fact that thier little hump trophy might get uncomfortable and cry they need to know that the world will change just for them. I look at my sister for this example...

She got a 4 year old who runs her house and my sister tries to negotiate and barter instead of giving that kid the @$$whippin that brat needs.

I put up with it and do my best to be a good uncle. I have told my sister..."You are only setting up her boyfriends to put up with a whining b!tch who is gonna demand that they jump through hoops for her every whim"

My sister said..."I know! But, I just can't tell her "NO"

I love my sister's ugly kid. But, she is gonna grow up to be a flat out b!tch.

What my sister doesn't understand is that SHE is the one who loves that kid....the rest of us just put up with her.

The same is true of every other squalling little hellion out there. If it is your kid...you love em. The rest of us gotta put up with those b@st@rds cause we gotta. Discipline your kids before someone who DOESNT love them beats them till they pee on themselves.

Just trying to help

drinker

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 11/20/11 10:59 AM
Parents are the problem. Overprotecting their kids, which forces companies and schools to do it to avoid lawsuits. We'd be better off with kids dying because they couldn't make it, and have stronger generations, rather then pampering them, and wondering why they couldn't survive. I'm all for some safety things, but as a society we've gone way overboard.

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 11/20/11 10:43 AM
What a cutie!!

Have you looked in to any low-cost spay/neuter and vaccination clinics in your area?

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 11/20/11 10:38 AM
Thanks for the input. I was feeling extremely frustrated this week, after going out the past weekend with a couple of friends. I have friends who I can hug and give a smooch on the cheek and it remain purely platonic, and others who definitely can't get a kiss, because they take it way overboard. Unfortunately, I forgot, and sure enough, he took it way out of what it was meant as. Had to put a stop to it the next day, which basically pissed me off, considering he knows already I have no interest in him in that way.

1 2 13 14 15 17 19 20 21 24 25