Community > Posts By > EquusDancer

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 11/05/11 03:45 PM
Well, I was doing quite well on loosing some weight till I went in to Braums today. They've got the eggnog out! :banana: :banana: 6 jugs of milk and a quart of eggnog later (which is now gone), and I'm a happy camper!! :banana:

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 11/05/11 03:31 PM

If you send someone an email and they respond, do you assume they're interested?

Or, if someone sends you an email (could be about anything) do you assume they're interested?

I assume they're interested in talking at least, and if the write something semi-intelligently, I'll respond.

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 11/05/11 06:41 AM
I love my bank. Small town, know you by name, even recognize you voice over the phone. My bank will do small loans, and I only get charged a $6.00 monthly fee, no debit fees, or any of that crap!

EquusDancer's photo
Wed 11/02/11 07:02 PM
Nudges and the under 31s who actually write, despite mentioning that in the profile. Rolls eyes.

EquusDancer's photo
Wed 11/02/11 05:02 PM
Just finished The Guardian by Sherrilyn Kenyon, and Nightshine by Lynn Viehl. Reading The Prize in the Game by Jo Walton.

EquusDancer's photo
Wed 11/02/11 04:54 PM
Generally, no. I try to respond politely, or laugh my butt off at them and send that in a response. If they escalate, I forward to our loverly and wonderful moderators! love

EquusDancer's photo
Tue 11/01/11 05:39 PM
I'll second that!

EquusDancer's photo
Tue 11/01/11 04:16 PM
Hope you had a good Samhain?! :-D

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 10/30/11 12:00 PM
That was hysterical! Saw the video the other day.

We grew up with Mastiffs. Had one tear up the backseat of the car, literally shredded it. Another one did in the bathroom.

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 10/28/11 02:54 PM
Captain America

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 10/28/11 02:54 PM
Highlander for the Holidays by Janet Chapman

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 10/28/11 02:38 PM
Got home the other night, and almost fell over laughing as I opened the gate. One of my pot-belly pigs, Mandrake, was harassing Chance, the older and bigger horse. She's walking around nudging his back leg. He'd shift, and she'd do it again. Evidently, she'd been doing it a while, but he, being the awesome horse he is, just moved a bit, instead of clocking her. She doesn't do it to Gentry, because he WILL go after her.

EquusDancer's photo
Wed 10/26/11 09:16 PM
Sigh... still single

EquusDancer's photo
Wed 10/26/11 09:13 PM
Hey now!! Don't knock the kilt!

EquusDancer's photo
Tue 10/25/11 05:38 PM

i've got a girl flying in next week (yes she's real and not inflatable or a manequin)
also not a mail order bride.
she can only stay 4 days, but it's better than none. total LDR though. we'll have to see how that's going to work out.

. . .

Cool! Good luck, and we look forward to hearing how it went!

EquusDancer's photo
Tue 10/25/11 05:35 PM
Per Wiki

Messianic Judaism is a syncretic religious movement that arose in the 1960s.[1][2][3][4][5] It blends evangelical Christian theology with elements of Jewish terminology and ritual.[4][6][7][8][9]

Messianic Judaism states that Jesus is not merely a man, but the Jewish Messiah and "God the Son" (one person of the Trinity),[10][11][12][13] and that salvation is only achieved through acceptance of Jesus as one's savior.[14] Any Jewish laws or customs that are followed are cultural and do not contribute to attaining salvation.[6] Belief in the messiahship and divinity of Jesus, which Messianic Judaism shares, is viewed by Christian denominations[15] and Jewish religious movements[16] as being a defining distinction between Christianity and Judaism.[17][18][19][20][21]

Some members of the movement are ethnically Jewish[1][15], and some of them argue that Messianic Judaism is a sect of Judaism.[22][unreliable source?] Jewish organizations and religious movements reject this, stating that Messianic Judaism is a Christian sect.[16] The Supreme Court of Israel has ruled that the Law of Return should treat Jews who convert to Messianic Judaism the same way it treats Jews who convert to Christianity.[23] Mainstream Christian groups generally accept Messianic Judaism as a form of Christianity.[15]

EquusDancer's photo
Tue 10/25/11 05:29 PM

If the books aren't drawing 'em in, I'm done trying!

I hate to break it to you, but the written art is slowly going the ways of the 8-track and vinyl. :cry: I have a feeling that there's much more to you than your writing anyway, so don't worry about it. Have you thought that maybe your standards are WAY too high? Sure, we all need standards, but we must keep them 'slightly' out of reach at all times......

I don't think it's asking too much -- no kids, no drugs, no alcohol. Everything else is negotiable. I just don't want kids or drugs or alcohol in my life at all.

I've seen some women's profiles where they have a list of two dozen requirements, some of which seem a little narrow (age 25-27), but I'm not about to e-mail them and rake them over the coals just because I don't see things the way they do. Everybody has their own priorities -- I may not understand theirs, but I'll respect them, and I won't try to twist anyone's arm to make them change. I just wish they'd show me the same consideration.

And yes, it's probably true that the no kids/no alcohol thing excludes approximately 122% of the female population, but I'd still rather be alone than be with a parent or a drinker.

No drugs, understand. No alcohol, understand (all too well). But, finding a woman who doesn't drink AT ALL is really hard to find. Let alone without kids. So, yeah, you already cut out the vast majority of people in your 'aimed' age range. So, do you exclude mothers in general, or just those who don't have 'grown' kids?

I've also seen chicks who have a zillion 'requirements' on their profile. I rarely ever sent the first email to start with for anybody, but there was a few times that I've sent to them and told them to lighten up a little. Of course, usually no response or a REALLY negative one, but years later they're still single. No matter how perfect two people may be for each other, there's ALWAYS gotta be some 'give and take' to make things work. Kids, well, not much you can do about that, but, drugs or alcohol, they may stop that depending on their priorities.

The heck you say, uj! Some of us still adore books, in the hand!! My library proves that. Sadly, I'd agree with the rest of society and books going the way of the dodo!

You're just too far away Lex. We'd probably have much fun, and since I have goats, you're safe. laugh It's been a while since I've had anything to drink, and it's just not a big deal.

To the OP, there's women who find it hard to find men with no kids either. Kids are a deal-breaker for me as well. Smoking and dislike of animals is another.

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 10/23/11 10:31 AM
Most women I know don't expect it after the initial courtship, but they didn't really expect during courtship either, which is why they're rather blase or uncaring about it when a guy does do it. Which in turn, upsets the guys because they're not getting brownie points for it.

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 10/23/11 09:26 AM

The last person on earth to live alone for a 1000 years ?

That would be my definition of Hell.

Probably feel like I had majorly messed up and try to do something to saee the earth for who ever gets it next to hopefully improve my Karma.

I would pretty much figure my days were numbered so would not waste a lot of energy trying to save myself.

i would think of it more as heaven...people don't need people, they just think they do

Agreed, I would love that kind of scenario. I could read and read and read all day, every day, for 1000 years.

Thirds this. Works for me!!

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 10/23/11 09:15 AM
Hmmm, overall body attitude, how they stand, look. Then eyes, face, laughter.