Community > Posts By > EquusDancer

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 11/19/11 04:30 PM
Do you find you have to compartmentalize your friends or family? Can't do certain things with one friend, that you can do with others?

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 11/19/11 04:27 PM
That's wonderful, Jeannie! Can't wait to see photos.

I've always had a feeling when someone was going to join the family, but I usually dream of their leaving, when it's time for them to pass on, and they'll visit later.

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 11/19/11 02:36 PM
Drachar's Demons by David Burrows

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 11/19/11 08:54 AM

Condor and Vulture, showing off. And no, they're not food! LOL!
3yr old Black Spanish turkeys

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 11/19/11 08:40 AM

So I started this new book by Danielle Steel. I would like some feed back on anyone who reads this author often. I have read two or three previous books on her and I see a trend. She seems to repeat herself over and over about a subject. I am beginning to feel that her books are targeted to gifted (special) people. Anybody?

It's been so long since I've read her. But even back then, I found her stuff way to obviously repetitive.

Thank you ..thought I was losing my marbles.

pitchfork Well, I can't make any guarantees on THAT, but at least you're not alone in the thoughts on her books. rofl rofl

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 11/18/11 02:08 PM
Edited by EquusDancer on Fri 11/18/11 02:08 PM

get another dog dude.

1 dog is good but two are better

They're like potato chips, ya can't have just one!

::says the person with 3 of her own, and 7 in the house: Bwahahaha!

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 11/18/11 01:07 PM
So... thoughts on this season so far?

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 11/18/11 12:50 PM

Celestine Prophecy-James Redfield

I have that book. I've tried 2 times so far to get into it.

Have you seen the movie?

Ha! No, didn't even know there was one. How was it?

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 11/18/11 12:48 PM

So I started this new book by Danielle Steel. I would like some feed back on anyone who reads this author often. I have read two or three previous books on her and I see a trend. She seems to repeat herself over and over about a subject. I am beginning to feel that her books are targeted to gifted (special) people. Anybody?

It's been so long since I've read her. But even back then, I found her stuff way to obviously repetitive.

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 11/18/11 12:42 PM
Boxers are a hoot! Sorry you're to far away. Not a dog park fan, but they definitely come in handy!

EquusDancer's photo
Wed 11/16/11 04:19 PM

Celestine Prophecy-James Redfield

I have that book. I've tried 2 times so far to get into it.

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 11/13/11 07:30 AM

Moose in a Flight Simulator by Lex Fonteyne!

You've always had impeccable taste in literature....!

shades

And it was another excellent book!

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 11/13/11 05:09 AM

I guess it all depends on the person, where they live what they do.

Most women from the bush wouldnt tell you to keep a problem animal. It would be shot or given to someone who had the time'and ability to do something with it.

Most of the blokes I know would definately get rid of the thing, well I dont actually know of any who would have taken it to begin with.

It may sound bad, but an animal that can be a pain in the bush is dangerous, a bad dog can destroy a good one they end up making your other dogs muck up or killing someones sheep or just being a nuicence.

Maybe it's because men tend to give a less emotional response at times, but it just depends who they are.

Oooh, I definitely agree with this Josie. One can quickly tell the difference between the true country guys versus the ones playing at it. Itms a whole different level and thought process. Those who truly care for their land and animals take the time to think things through, before doing anything for the greater benefit. They may be blunt and straightforward about some things, but at least they're honest. Those who want the 'fast' cash rape the land and give nothing back, then gripe when the land and animals stop producing.

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 11/12/11 05:04 AM

I would have took the dog outside and bashed his skull in with a shovel.

Thats what at least what one man would do, but perhaps your friend may kind of diluted his own urge to do that, maybe toned it down, to something a woman would relate to more. Something got lost in translation I think and well there you go, it ends up being 'get the dog a social worker' and 'send him to the dog shrink' - before you end up shooting the fker anyway - and make his last moments here on earth even more miserable. Making him remember when he was a pup, how his father abandoned him and his siblings at an early age...and how he never made it to be the leader of the dog-pack-family thing that dogs think about us...

This is the type of men in my area, and what I know. Even the ones I've dated may fake it for a while, but in the end pull a stunt like this.

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 11/11/11 02:35 PM
Sounds like you may need to reconsider some of your women friends, to be honest. They tell you what they think you want to here, rather then just laying it out. They might be trying to empathize, but its not really legit. My women friends don't do that, and I certainly don't.

Regarding the dog issue, I'd have told you to get in touch with breed rescues, or even some of the local agility groups, and let them know you'd rescued the dog off the side of wherever, helped it recover, but it couldn't stay, because it wasn't a home match. I'd rather the dog be alive and rehomed elsewhere, then everyone miserable, original dogs attacked etc. I'd also have tossed you some basic info about personality types with breeds of dogs. But that's my thing.

You have a good ex. The couple I'm in touch with drop a line every so often, but we don't keep in touch like that. Can't say as I'd want them to really. It is more of a catching up type of thing, with my exes.

EquusDancer's photo
Thu 11/10/11 05:01 PM
Moose in a Flight Simulator by Lex Fonteyne!

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 11/06/11 01:48 PM
Sounds like it was seeing its reflection and wanting to join, fight, or buddy up with "the other bird".

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 11/05/11 04:13 PM
Edited by EquusDancer on Sat 11/05/11 04:13 PM
I watch Hawaii 5-0 during the summer, when everything is is reruns, and thoroughly enjoy it. It's against Castle, which sucks. I wish they'd put it on Tuesday night after NCIS, NCIS:LA. That would be awesome.

I liked O'Loughlin in Moonlight too. I just think $40.00 for the DVD Season 1 of H50 is ridiculous!

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 11/05/11 04:08 PM

body type should be simpler:

1. Never eats ice cream, bleh, hates food.
2. Has a taste of someone elses ice cream on rare occasions, just so they remember what its like.
3. Has an occasional indulgence of ice cream once every few months but excuses themself discretely afterward to remove it.
4. Has ice cream about as often as they do laundry.
5. Has ice cream enthusiastically, privately.
6. Enjoys large quantities of ice cream and enjoys discussions on its goodness with anyone who will engage.
7. No answer.

Or:

Has Ice Cream: YES NO

Wants Ice Cream: YES NO

Yes and Yes! So digging in to the chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream tonight! LOL!

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 11/05/11 03:55 PM

If you send someone an email and they respond, do you assume they're interested?

Or, if someone sends you an email (could be about anything) do you assume they're interested?

I assume they're interested in talking at least, and if the write something semi-intelligently, I'll respond.

Well, yes. I would think that an email or response would mean interesting in chatting. I guess I should have been more specific, though. Do you think those things automatically indicate interest in being more than friends?

For guys, I'd have to say yes, for me, no, but if I write, I'm trying for a neutral icebreaker.