Community > Posts By > QuirkyGiGi

QuirkyGiGi's photo
Mon 08/31/09 06:02 AM
"Hope for the best :thumbsup: but expect the worst frustrated (either way you can have 1 or 2 of these --> drinker "

& the one which is true but never seems so at the moment:

"Everything in life happens for a reason ... just don't ask me what that reason is :laughing: flowerforyou "

QuirkyGiGi's photo
Fri 08/28/09 06:42 AM

He's just someone who you can sink your teeth into drool

All puns intended huh? :laughing:

QuirkyGiGi's photo
Tue 08/25/09 01:43 PM
I'm special just like everyone else laugh AND I reply to these kind of threads flowerforyou

QuirkyGiGi's photo
Tue 08/25/09 11:20 AM
Why not...your spouse and a celebrity (you know...the one you wish was your spouse bigsmile):wink:

QuirkyGiGi's photo
Tue 08/25/09 07:41 AM
Edited by QuirkyGiGi on Tue 08/25/09 07:42 AM
<--- likes being single :banana: (there's nothing worse than getting reprimanded by your significant other for randomly getting hit on)

QuirkyGiGi's photo
Tue 08/25/09 07:26 AM

A year is nothing...try 3 frustrated drinker

(Amateur!) Try most of a lifetime...
tears

Seriously - being single has its perks. Being in a relationship has its perks. You've got to make the best of whatever you've got.

flowerforyou Hats off to you... I agree. Why waste your time (which we don't have much to begin with) wishing for something you don't have when ultimately whatever you DO have works in your favor. Everything in life happens for a reason you just have to stop trying to figure it out and start enojoying. =o)

QuirkyGiGi's photo
Tue 08/25/09 07:08 AM

rather than rationalizing a false sense of comfort, i will admit that i would rather be in a relationship.

being single is cool at first, but after almost a year without being able to give myself to someone, it gets old.

I can only go from personal experience, but, in the end, it's just not worth it. The bad parts of the relationship outweigh the good by such an astronomical ratio that it's just senseless for me to try to pursue the issue anymore.

Yes, those brief interludes -- the "good" times -- can be a lot of fun, and very meaningful. But, knowing that either sheer boredom or a massive domestication attempt is just around the corner, why would I want to continue to subject myself to that?

to each his/her own, right?

we're all special. we are all... snowflakes.

That sounds like an insulting matter-of-fact compliment...what an oxymoron lol ohwell

QuirkyGiGi's photo
Tue 08/25/09 06:53 AM

rather than rationalizing a false sense of comfort, i will admit that i would rather be in a relationship.

being single is cool at first, but after almost a year without being able to give myself to someone, it gets old.

A year is nothing...try 3 frustrated drinker

QuirkyGiGi's photo
Tue 08/25/09 06:27 AM
biggrin Thanks to these quotes, I just had an epiphany! slaphead

QuirkyGiGi's photo
Fri 08/21/09 08:06 AM
I think it's an inherited trait of the social stands/ expectations for women. Men are expected to be more outgoing since they're supposed to chase the girl (in nature as well) and girls are to be more subdued since it is (or was) the way a "lady" is required to behave. But men are shy as well so the above explanation is faulty. =o)

I'm shy around people I don't know. I think it's an acceptance/ comfort thing and I was an only child who was raised to stay home so I was a socially late bloomer tongue2

QuirkyGiGi's photo
Fri 08/21/09 07:51 AM

trying to think of a saying....what about this one...

no use crying over spilt milk?..like who really does that anyway?
or
a penny for your thoughts?....what would that penny be nowadays?

:smile:
teasingbrunette

Like anything else you can buy, it depends on how valuable the thoughts are... winking

It's raining cats and dogs =o)

QuirkyGiGi's photo
Thu 08/20/09 08:05 AM
Last date was a mix of traditional and functional biggrin

In a nutshell: Furniture shopping, Dinner, movie.

Longer version:

We both needed furniture so we made a shopping date. We went to a discount furniture store (and many other stores as well) and I insisted we try out all the beds! bigsmile (what??? he needed a matress too lol) Our stomachs were begging for food so we went to a Mexican restaurant. Delicious (and HUGE!!!) plates of food.

Later we ended up going to a movie theater that I had free tickets to (:banana: free! :banana: ) but the movie had already started so we ran and drove about 20 minutes to another theater. "The Ugly Truth" is what we saw and it was worth the trouble! Funny movie and very true. Overall it was fun smitten

QuirkyGiGi's photo
Thu 08/20/09 05:46 AM
Being disrepectful to me or others (particularly his mother/ family)and being violent in nature. Nothing is worse than a wifebeater sad2

QuirkyGiGi's photo
Wed 08/19/09 07:43 AM

He evidently ain't worth ur time. Consider urself lucky for findin out so early in his lil 'game'.shades

I agree!!! Have some respect for yourself (and don't waste your time) because obviously this guy you were supposed to be on a "date" with doesn't even have a remote idea of what the word means noway . You deserve better than just the typical a-hole.

drinker Good Luck flowerforyou

QuirkyGiGi's photo
Tue 08/18/09 06:35 AM
I notice the way a man treats me and mainly others. If he's an affectionate man who loves to laugh, even more brownie points! drool biggrin

QuirkyGiGi's photo
Tue 08/11/09 05:12 AM

Tell them they are ugly and see what happens.

Reverse psychology doesn't always turn out so well lol :laughing:

QuirkyGiGi's photo
Mon 08/10/09 08:47 AM
Thanks for sharing! Gotta love derivatives.

Here's one: Rose hips are good for menstral cramps.
If a man gave a woman roses, it was because he was intimate with her and wanted to help her with her monthly pain. flowerforyou flowers biggrin

QuirkyGiGi's photo
Mon 08/10/09 08:04 AM
:laughing: A rope ends it... :laughing:

QuirkyGiGi's photo
Fri 08/07/09 08:34 AM
We COULD use the "I.O.U." system like they did in the old days...wait...we do use it.... it's called Visa, Mastercard, Discover, Capital One...(another magical and often times butt saving tool) lol

QuirkyGiGi's photo
Fri 08/07/09 08:19 AM
Edited by QuirkyGiGi on Fri 08/07/09 08:20 AM
Which means it's a day for magic tricks..."Now you see it, Now you don't!" ohwell