Community > Posts By > AGoodGuy1026

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Wed 08/31/11 11:32 AM
he's moving on, so should you!

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Tue 08/30/11 12:54 PM
is string cheese really worth all this discussion? I mean the storm killed 40 people and millions are without power, and you are worried about string cheese?

*sigh*

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Fri 08/19/11 12:32 PM

divorcing direct n indirect are many and it suprising ,do they want to be free to satisfy their selfishness or what is causing this?

IMHO: They got married for the wrong reasons, and were not compatible from the beginning, or they did not nurture their relationship - and it withered and died... they lied to each other, they cheated on each other, one grew in a different direction than each other, our society is a "quick fix" society where we consume, throw away - then look for something new.... thre are as many reasons for divorce, as ther are divorces themselves...

Personally, focus on the positive, find a woman you are truly compatible with, be true to yourself - but yet be respectful and nurturing with your relationships and hopefully you will turn out to be one of the success stories!

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Fri 08/19/11 12:29 PM

sounds to me that you both are not on the same page and don't communicate well, and YOU seem prone to drama...

seems to me he is where he is emotionally and you want more (or at least someone to toy with), so --- you goaded a reaction from him by taking picutures with another guy - and then plahing the facebook drama... then, after it went badly you did not want to hear the reaction and or results of your... welll... drama, drama, drama... (GONE!)...

seems HE dodged a bullet on this one!

$.02 drinker

Maybe you have more information than what she posted? Her man has given her no indication of where they stand as a couple....even when she requested that. Its not drama drama drama. Its no comittment, contact, or acceptance.

I can only assume you mean that she should hide in a box when he is not with her, or cut all ties to friendships now that they are in a flimsy relationship together where he doesnt have to give her any indication of what they have.

I date quite a it. Usually I meet a guy and am eh!

But not this one. I can't even pin why but I just really liked this one.

But yes I feel he did play games. I already told him prior that I feel he is hot and cold and hard to read. 1 minute he says he wants to pursue something serious but then the next minute he blows me off and seems uninterested that it is confusing......and does make me think he is playing field. 1+1 = 3 kinda nonsense!

The bottom line if he is only interested in fun then say so. I am no NUN. But if he wants more it is not fair to feed me BS. He had said that he feels same way toward me that I am hot and cold. Typical flip the script BS.

We had both agreed that our communications were off and would work on it. Still he never stepped up to the plate to make it exclusive of any kind instead the hot cold saga continued.

And the facebook drama as you say was not ever done intentionally. My friends did all of that as an inside joke and tagged me in it. I have guy friends and many photos of me and "friends" on there. What He got pissed over was the photo caption "cute couple" and the fact I didnt post that I had a man (him) which I never even knew he was my man.

All Pretty lame if you ask me and just unfortunate.

Overall I do agree he has some insecurity issues and control issues.....it is all his way or highway which is not the type of guy I would want to be with to begin with. If it wasn't this it would be something else a week from now I know.

So it is for the best realistically.

I still feel conflicted so to speak since he messed with my mind and played with my emotions GOOD....its been a flipping merry go round of BS.

I do not wish to play his game so hopefully he won't call

Maybe I am the psycho for liking a DB.....IDK!

AYE AYE DATING TALES ~

I don't know either of you, but reading your original post - eh, still sounds to me like you are being (with him at least) needy and a drama queen....

Sounds like he ran for the hills when he had the chance. Smart man!

Drama sucks... (hmmm, wasn't there just a post about emotional vampires)?!?!?!?

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Fri 08/19/11 09:18 AM

Im smart and creative...people waste their time asking the wrong questions...then they fail to realize what a gem you really are.

drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Fri 08/19/11 08:51 AM

Energy and emotional vampires to me are people who suck first your emotions out of you, then your energy, and finally your life-force or will to live.

The vampires who suck these out of me are people who talk, I listen, and they keep on talking, and I keep on listening. I learned to stand up and leave them in the spot. Not on a date or a coffee-meet, but at large parties. I am not your sounding board, I say to myself, and I sometimes don't even excuse myself, but that's seldom. Later you see the same guy or woman wondering around, weaving in-and-out the crowd, looking for another person to listen to him or her.

There are other sort of vampires. I used to have this sweet honeybunch for a girlfrined, we loved each other to pieces. I was very happy, really, but really happy to see her again each time we met, and I was coming out in overdrive with my speeches. She used to say, eventually, 'Andrew... please don't wear me out', and even that was quaint and lovable when she said that. It gave me empowerment, you know, the pride a man feels when he exhausts his girfriend in bed. I know she did not mean it in bed, but the feeling I got from it was the same.

-----------

There is another vampire: who asks questions. Questions that reveal they have very-very little understanding of human nature, and since I am strange, they just can't believe I exist, even though I am sitting right in front of them on the other side of the table at a cafe or restaurant. "Why do you..." "Because,..." and I patiently explain. My limit is usually ten questions for not so interesting women, and twenty with interesting (i.e. gorgeous) women.

Don't think badly of me, or that I am shallow... I have not been out on a date in seven years.

I have read several of your posts -- I find you well written and obvisouly intelligent. In no way does you expressing your opinion (and expressing it rather well) that I would think badly of you - nor do I think you are shallow...

OP: Yes, I have met them and have developed a personal vampire detector - I only let them close if they are trying to get me into bed!

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Fri 08/19/11 08:44 AM

got called crass all because I do not tell my profression.

Does that truly make one crass?

well, I guess that all depends on how you put it (the context of the usage)...

while the subject matter itself does not seem crass to me, who knows "how you put it!"...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Fri 08/19/11 08:39 AM
Edited by AGoodGuy1026 on Fri 08/19/11 08:42 AM
sounds to me that you both are not on the same page and don't communicate well, and YOU seem prone to drama...

seems to me he is where he is emotionally and you want more (or at least someone to toy with), so --- you goaded a reaction from him by taking picutures with another guy - and then plahing the facebook drama... then, after it went badly you did not want to hear the reaction and or results of your... welll... drama, drama, drama... (GONE!)...

seems HE dodged a bullet on this one!

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Fri 08/19/11 08:31 AM
drinker

When I get emails from new guys, the emails tend to be full of the same questions.

"Why are you single?"
"How long have you been here?"
"How long have you been single?"

Those are just a few of the questions that are asked by most. I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets them either.

Do you ask these types of questions when you email new people?

What other questions do you see over and over?

No, I avoid those questions specifically - becuase I think they are selfish to the person asking, and asking such questions communicates that the person asking those questions are not taking into account the feelings of the recipient of the questions. I mean, if someone whom I do not know asks me, "Why are you single"... I would be offended. I mean really? You might as well just ask "You look and seem normal and attractive at face value - what is it deeper within you that prevents you from having a successful relationship!... GRRR!

Me? I tend to be more pragmatic in my approach. I simply read the person's profile, form my opinions (like we all do - be them conscious or not) and ask questions based on that. If no questions come to mind, that means I am not interested and I don not try to e-mail "generics" if you will :).

but, eh? that's just me...

$.02

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Thu 08/18/11 07:19 AM

Has anybody here had any experiences with this type of individual? Generally, it's associated with borderline personality disorders and or Histronic behaviour.

I've been in a relationship with a lady on and off again but her dramatics and inability to maintain a grip on reality constantly tip the scales and I tend to boost out for a while. The consistent emotional rollercoaster gets very tiring after a while.

I'd like to hear others opinions and or stories about the matter (emotional vampires).

Strictly for my own personal and selfish reasons of course!! :)

Thanks,

K.

interesting point - the crazy ones are usually fantastic in bed!

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Thu 08/11/11 06:47 AM
yes.

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Thu 08/11/11 06:46 AM

Just wondering why do people cheat when usually they have another half at times?

because they want too... because they had the means... becuase they had the opportunity...

and becuase they want too...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Wed 08/10/11 08:10 AM
yes, I am happy... I have things to deal with in my life (as everyone does) but they do not drag me down. I deal with things and move on... I am happy, blessed... and thankful...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Wed 08/10/11 07:54 AM
A smile and a hello is a great way to start a conversation!... :)

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Thu 07/28/11 08:12 AM
cold.... preferably with a nice garnish and paired with a mildly dry white wine....

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Thu 07/28/11 08:09 AM

But what if a guy calls you beautiful, smart, AND sexy?

Is that overkill?

What if he is being honest? How will you tell?

Sometimes I think compliments depend on timing and how well you know each other. Personally, I'm not good at handling compliments from strangers or acquaintances. It makes me uncomfortable as I doubt their motives. It's one of those flaws I've been trying to work on over the years.

if she is "into you" it almost does not matter what you say, if she is "not into you" your a douche no matter what you do! LOL...!!!

(not directed toward you personally)

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Thu 07/28/11 07:09 AM
hmmmm, her smile... her appearance... how she carries herself... how she communicates... if I feel a connection somehow... sometimes it has been purely on personality, sometimes it has been on pure impulse... sometimes I don't know why... It is that feeling, the feeling that stirrs inside enough to drive me to say something, flirt... and ask her out...

It's a multifaceted experience that in some ways is the same, but yet different every time - for every situation. The reason for me is not usually the same... no formula...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Thu 07/28/11 07:00 AM

Online... it's easy to fall for "aspects" of another.
We see attractive things that excite us and think that this is what we want, see?
But time will have it's way with us... and after a while we begin to see other aspects as well.

Then we have to decide. Are we going to go with what we originally saw, or take in the scope of the whole person?

Most seem too scared to retract their original perception... I'd suggest not to fall for this.
While the original remains true... the additional info has significance too... it's not a contradiction to change your mind based on the newer info, see?

You fell in Love with what you saw... then saw something else. You stop and hesitate.
Crap happens... and you're left alone.

Don't wonder if your your love was real... or try to figure if theirs was too... that's a fool's errand.
Know yourself... they are gone. Move on.

But learn from the pain... players exist and if they played, you... so what?
That says more about them than it does you...

Can you pick-up and move on? I hope that you do...
Being in love... or really, really in love simply doesn't matter to them... but what's it mean to you?
Are you falling too quickly... why are you "falling" at all?
Try a controlled decent instead...
If they love at all... they will wait while you try to figure it out.
If they don't love.. they'll be grumbling everytime you're trying to get ready for the next date.
And the next date is the rest of your lives together...

Damn good stuff...

:thumbsup:

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Tue 06/21/11 01:47 PM
http://www.theglobaleducationproject.org/earth/food-from-the-oceans.php

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Tue 06/21/11 10:38 AM
IMHO - she had fun on the weekend... and once she found out it did not cost you much, YOU lost YOUR appeal to HER!...

sorry man, she's definately a "digger"...!!

$.02 drinker

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25