Community > Posts By > AGoodGuy1026

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Thu 01/27/11 11:01 AM
computers, basically - are hardware and software.

the hardware is the pysical parts, the software is what makes them work. Harware are the capabilities, software is the personality...

PC and MAC hardware are the same "intel inside"...

The personalities are different.

Windows is for PC's, MAC OS is for MAC.

Both windows and mac are proprietary. There is a lot more software for windows than MAC, but that is changing.

What is the big/main difference between MAC and Windows? When you buy windows, you are basically on your own. Windows is sold, with very little followup support, and not a lot of attention is paid to actual "using" of the computer. Windows is put on the computer and the user is left to figure out all the "stuff" on their own.

When you buy a MAC, it "does more for you" out of the box. Apple has put a lot of thought and engineering into how to go the next setp and have the computer more usable and user friendly. When a MAC is sold - continuing support is sold with it. A lot of attention is paide to actual "using" of the computer. If you are lucky enough to live near a MAC store, you can go in anytime and even make 1 on 2 appointments for personal instruction.

In general, Windows is cheaper than MAC (front end cost). You will end up, over the life of the computer - spending just as much or more in the differnce of the front end cost with additional software and support.

Example. I bought my mother a PC a long time ago. Had constant issues and usage questions from her, windows reloads, virus ect. Then I got tired of all the work the PC caused me. I bought her an iMac a year ago, and I hear nothing from her execpt how great her new MAC is....

It's not for yuppies... it's for USERS.

Just my opinion, as usual...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Thu 01/27/11 07:05 AM

Who has a probelm with women who like sex? I don't have a problem with it, I like sex too...

however, I am also into monogamy... so by definition - your not my type...

I think sex drive is one thing, and having casual sex is a whole other thing entirely...

To each his/her own... if it makes you happy go for it!... but just because a man prefers monogamy doesn't mean he is judgemental...

*sigh*... people are who they are, as you should be... just like you don't want other to judge or change you, don't judge or try to change them...

good luck!

$.02 drinker

You can't assume that just because someone is down for casual sex at times that they can't be monogamous.

I agree, but if someone is having casual sex - they are not being monogamous (by definition)... she said she was having casual sex - just not my cup of tea. I am sure many out there would prefer it that way (casual)...

It's rather hypocritical to say "I have casual sex" and "why do people say I am a tramp"... I guess I was trying to say embrace who you are, but realize not everyone will like it...

Personally, I treasure my sexual experiences - and save them for the peoople with whom I am in a relationship with, becuase for me it's more than the physical pleasure of the act itself. Someone who has casual sex (in my opinion) is more into the physical aspects of their sexuality - therefore is not my type. Someone who lives a monogamous lifestyle is more suited for my personality - since THAT is how I live my life...

perhaps more on topic, I just should have said "Different strokes for different folks (literally) :laughing:

$.02 drinker

So, if someone is not in a relationship at the time and has sex, does that make you assume they're not going to be able to be in a monogamous relationship? Do you ask someone before getting into a relationship with them if they've had sex while not in a relationship? And would that actually affect your decision about being in a relationship with them?

No, that is not an assumption that I would make. People have sexual needs as do I, they just deal with them in a way that makes them happy. o, I don't ask for a sexual history before getting into a relationship (allthough the dicussions over time tend to "feel that out" as a subject or aspect of the dating process). Would it affect my decision? Yes, of course. If a woman told me that she has been with a guy as "friends with benefits" before I met her, or if she makes it known that she enjoys sleeping around - she's not my type and I would not pursue a relationship with her. How do you determine if he/she is "the type that sleeps around" - well, that's the catch isn't it?.... Oh to be clarivoyant...

It's pretty simple really.

I enjoy a deeper connection other than good sex, if someone would be willing to jump in bed with me the first 5 days I know them - it's not my style or what I enjoy. But that's just me.

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Thu 01/27/11 06:45 AM
Edited by AGoodGuy1026 on Thu 01/27/11 06:46 AM

Who has a probelm with women who like sex? I don't have a problem with it, I like sex too...

I think sex drive is one thing, and having casual sex is a whole other thing entirely...

To each his/her own... if it makes you happy go for it!... but just because a man prefers monogamy doesn't mean he is judgemental...

*sigh*... people are who they are, as you should be... just like you don't want other to judge or change you, don't judge or try to change them...

good luck!

$.02 drinker

You can't assume that just because someone is down for casual sex at times that they can't be monogamous.

I agree, but if someone is having casual sex - they are not being monogamous (by definition)... she said she was having casual sex - just not my cup of tea. I am sure many out there would prefer it that way (casual)...

It's rather hypocritical to say "I have casual sex" and "why do people say I am a tramp"... I guess I was trying to say embrace who you are, but realize not everyone will like it...

Personally, I treasure my sexual experiences - and save them for the peoople with whom I am in a relationship with, becuase for me it's more than the physical pleasure of the act itself. Someone who has casual sex (in my opinion) is more into the physical aspects of their sexuality - therefore is not my type. Someone who lives a monogamous lifestyle is more suited for my personality - since THAT is how I live my life...

perhaps more on topic, I just should have said "Different strokes for different folks (literally) :laughing:

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Thu 01/27/11 06:33 AM

good luck!

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Fri 01/21/11 10:45 AM

I knew she tried it but nothing more than a curiosity but now she's wanting it as a lifestyle choice but wants to keep the engagement, open marriage sort of thing.

so you turn to a dating site? DOH!...

Oh the hypocricy of it all...

enjoy your new life, bud!... me, i'd tell her that she made her choice and I am outta! (oh, and try to get the ring back if you can...!!)

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Fri 01/21/11 10:42 AM

I am probably an interrogator

hmmm, let the interregation begin! flowerforyou

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Fri 01/21/11 10:38 AM

there are plenty of jobs in the US..just ask any low-paid, undocumented alien who is busting his butt 10 to 12 hours a day....laugh

if only there were enough for each unemployed,,,

jobs are had by those who are motivated and seek them, and work hard to obtain skills and knowledge to obtain them through hard work, dedication and sacrifice...

for those that feel they "deserve" a job purely for the fact that they exist or because they are a citizen - get what they deserve - nada!

*sigh* since when is it a "right" to have a job, or that the government should provide one for you?...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Fri 01/21/11 10:34 AM

I don't like the ones at the grocery store who are yapping away on their phone, making the cashier and the rest of the line wait.

so what you are saying, is that you don't like to wait?...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Fri 01/21/11 07:24 AM

Ok so here goes,.,.... I can't seem to get past the idea of dating someone shorter than me.... Im only 5'5" so Im not a giant but I do like to wear heals, so on average Im 5'8" .....

And Im a sucker for great eyes and teeth....

So is it shallow????

it is what it is, you like what you like, you want what you want... be confident in your choices... good for you to be honest about your preferences...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Thu 01/13/11 08:07 AM

the idea of growing old without a significant other with you?

Yep.

I'm less comfortable with the idea of growing old.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Fri 01/07/11 12:05 PM
they are hitting on you, go with it!

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Wed 01/05/11 01:13 PM
for crazy *******, yes!

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Wed 01/05/11 08:41 AM
hmm, prolly start by not lighting any more cigs...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Wed 01/05/11 08:40 AM

There are lots of guys out there who don't go for the skinny women.

I agree, a woman should look like a woman - have curves in all the right places...

I never undesrtood men who are attracted to women who look like 12 year old boys, or who have plastic implants, botox lips and orange skin!

Be yourself, let your personality shine through - and good luck to you!

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Wed 01/05/11 07:32 AM
and what's wrong with a skank?

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Wed 01/05/11 06:00 AM
yep.

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Tue 01/04/11 10:29 AM

In all the relationships I have had so far,I could never find that perfect match.You either have the guy who is hard working,caring,has money,great with kids,eh....alright in bed and did stuff around the house that needed to be done.But he never left love notes in the morning before he went to work,never bought flowers just because you're his better half,never took you out for dinner,wasn't adventurous,spontaneous or a Go getter.But then,you have the guy who does all the poetry writing,makes love to you so incredibly it blows your mind,makes you feel special every moment that you live and shows you off to the world because you make him That happy.But he can't keep a job,has little to no education,lives at home with his parents,has no money...well you get it.Is there any guy out there that IS the TOTAL PACKAGE?!!!?sad huh

hmmm, love it not defined by "a list of stuff"... perhaps you have met that guy you describe but were not attracted to him, so you never got to know that he fulfilled "your list"...

that being said, have you tried dating a man who is left handed?... (seriously)...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Mon 01/03/11 10:24 AM
or, you could try a program like "PIXresizer"...

http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

luck to you!

$02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Mon 01/03/11 09:58 AM

Yeah, that's the sad part,

I can't wear anything that shows MY heritage.

But everyone else can.

If I do, it's racist.

Uhm, "WHITE" is not a heritage, it's a race...

*sigh*

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Thu 11/18/10 10:32 AM
I rather enjoy holding hands... be it in public, in private -- it's one level of intimacy...

$.02 drinker

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25