Community > Posts By > SM8

no photo
Sun 09/27/15 04:54 AM
Couples have their own way of communicating with each other . One of the relationships I was in we were very blunt with each other but we new how to diffuse potential arguments before they got out of hand. We both agreed to end things and left on good terms and are still friends.

no photo
Sun 09/27/15 04:42 AM
I use facebook all the time. One of my friends whom I have known since elementary school informed us about that warning.

Facebook just like any other social media is something to be careful in. Knowing people who use it like friends and family helps to be safe.

Scams unfortunately are every were staying educated and informed of them is a must . Several government sites provide information and ways to report them.

no photo
Sat 09/26/15 08:16 PM
Do opposites attract? If they want to take the time to work things out.

no photo
Sat 09/26/15 07:48 PM
Good job :)

no photo
Sat 09/26/15 02:42 PM
Edited by SM8 on Sat 09/26/15 02:43 PM

The self-control personality dimension captures the way in which a person regulates and directs him or herself. Being low in self-control can be both good and bad. Did Low self-control effect your love relation . what about yr partner in this mater

it was more a matter of self esteem

That's true self esteem is important when choosing a person to spend time with be it dating, working on a relationship and so on. Or being comfortable with staying single.

no photo
Sat 09/26/15 01:50 PM
Did low self control become the reason why I chose my last partner? Yes and no. I could have thought things through a bit more. It was a very long term relationship that ended on fairly good terms.

Some times it is ok to take a risk sometimes it isn't as long as I am learning from my mistakes and take the time to self reflect.

no photo
Sat 09/26/15 12:45 PM

Solar Impulse 2: Plane makes inaugural flight

By Jonathan Amos
Science correspondent, BBC News

2 June 2014

From the section Science & Environment

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-27659068

A solar-powered plane that will be taken on a round-the-world journey in 2015 has made its inaugural flight.

The Solar Impulse 2 vehicle lifted off from Payerne airfield in Switzerland at just after 03:35 GMT (04:35 BST; 05:35 CEST), returning two hours later.

It is a larger, upgraded version of the aircraft that flew across America last year with adventurers Bertrand Piccard and Andre Borschberg at the controls.

For this maiden flight, test pilot Markus Scherdel was in the cockpit.

He climbed to just under 6,000ft (1,800m), conducting a number of manoeuvres to prove the handling of the aircraft.

Mr Scherdel reported some early vibrations, but overall the mission outcome appeared very positive.

"The initial results are in line with calculations and simulations," read a later statement from the team.

Further flights will be conducted in the coming months in order for the experimental machine to attain certification.

"It's a great day for all the team of Solar Impulse," Mr Piccard told BBC News.

"An aeroplane like this is absolutely unique. And for the first time in history, we have an aeroplane that is flying with no fuel day and night, showing the incredible potential of the clean technologies - all these technologies that the world can also use in order to reduce the dependency to fossil fuel and to be cleaner and solve a lot of problems of pollution."

The carbon-fibre aircraft has a huge wingspan, which at 72m is wider than a Boeing 747 jet. And yet, the vehicle weighs only 2.3 tonnes.

The tops of the wings are covered by 17,000 solar cells, which drive four brushless electric motors at speeds of up to 140km/h (90mph).

During the day, the solar cells will recharge lithium batteries, which can then be used to keep the plane’s propellers turning through the night.

Jet plane
Is jet travel becoming the dirtiest way to cross the planet?

The first Solar Impulse plane set a number of world records, including the longest manned solar-powered flight at 26 hours, the first inter-continental flight in a solar-powered plane, and the greatest distance covered on a piloted solar-powered flight. (Autonomous solar-powered drones can stay aloft for weeks).

That last record was set during Piccard’s and Borschberg’s epic TransAmerica journey in May, June and July last year.

But as challenging as that effort was, it will be dwarfed by the difficulty and complexity of completing a global flight.

This is because it will have to include passage across the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. The latter could take all of five days and nights to complete.

Only one pilot can fit in the cockpit. It has a reclining seat to make room for exercising and to permit Piccard and Borschberg, whoever is at the controls, to take short catnaps.

Jonathan.Amos-INTERNET@bbc.co.uk and follow me on Twitter: @BBCAmos

no photo
Sat 09/26/15 07:22 AM
Edited by SM8 on Sat 09/26/15 07:23 AM
What is the toy that is your cats favorite? The kids and I have a cat, tortoise and bunny.

The tortoise and bunny play on the deck during the nice weather our cat lounges around on it.

The rabbit plays with the kids toys sometimes ,once she got into the paints while the kids had them out and hoped all over the paper the kids were working on lol.

no photo
Sat 09/26/15 07:17 AM
Mine is rabbits. They learn fast get along with the kids and other pets and plays with the kids toys.

no photo
Sat 09/26/15 07:12 AM

This is a cool thing. Most instructors are accommodating as they can be in unusual circumstances.

I do think college students should have a back up plan for day care. As a single parent I had a list of people and licensed day care homes I could use. AND I set aside money from my student budget to afford day care. Most schools are more than willing to help a single parent to enroll their child in on premise's or near by licensed day care by going to the schools Special Student Services co-ordinator.

Allowing a toddler to roam around a classroom is a distraction to the other probably multiple single parents that planned better and this mother should be thanking her classmates as well.

I am not as hard hearted as I sound because I am on a list at my local college for free emergency day care. Something I would hope other single parents would also do. It does "take a village" to manage as a single parent.

It does take a village to raise a child . Sometimes the back up child care falls through I have had that happen sometimes :( Its like needing a back up for your back up care giver lol.

Free emergency day care is a good idea yes. It would be nice if more people thought that way as long as the emergency childcare was for classes and work .Sometimes people take advantage of others kindness.

no photo
Fri 09/25/15 07:05 PM
Have a good weekend :smile:

no photo
Fri 09/25/15 06:17 PM

flowerforyou I'm actually working on overcoming a fear not listedflowerforyou I won't reveal:tongue: Each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage, and confidence in the doing.flowerforyou

I can see your point of view.

no photo
Fri 09/25/15 06:14 PM

Dear SM8

i finally got to do some googling

and yeah, i still couldn't find a different phobia between a mice & a rat

Rank 69. Musophobia
– The fear of mice. Some people find mice cute, but phobics don’t.

this is weird cause i DO find mice very cute
but i find rats ugly & creepy

p.s. whoever posts a pic of a rat here, i will report it as abuse bigsmile

You might want to stay clear of the giant rat discussion in Politics' lol. Thanks for taking the time to look up mice and rat phobia.

yes my love ty for saying that
i did see that post & wanted to see it because it was written by Moe
but i did one click and saw the image, i quickly clicked "back" hahaha
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

I actually watched the movie link about rats posted in the Giant Rat discussion . I recommend not watching that either lol

no photo
Fri 09/25/15 06:03 PM

Dear SM8

i finally got to do some googling

and yeah, i still couldn't find a different phobia between a mice & a rat

Rank 69. Musophobia
– The fear of mice. Some people find mice cute, but phobics don’t.

this is weird cause i DO find mice very cute
but i find rats ugly & creepy

p.s. whoever posts a pic of a rat here, i will report it as abuse bigsmile

You might want to stay clear of the giant rat discussion in Politics' lol. Thanks for taking the time to look up mice and rat phobia.

no photo
Fri 09/25/15 11:06 AM

SM8 quote:

The big cats and snakes can eat the rats so can a few birds like owls. A few barn cats will kill mice and rats as well.

You gave me an idea... hawks!
Many metropolitan cities here, (NewYork, Philadelphia) have hawks nesting on top of large buildings & that keeps the rat population down.

Red tailed hawks are good for catching mice and rats. Last few years Snowy owls have been here they are also great at catching rodents.

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2014/01/04/on-the-hunt

http://www.niagarathisweek.com/news-story/4271258-snowy-owls-numbers-on-the-rise/

no photo
Fri 09/25/15 05:35 AM

Rat Zapper

[url{http://www.ratzapper.org/[ url]

The Rat Zapper is the perfect way to ticks,with the problem of rats and mice. The Rat Zapper uses sophisticated electronics to sense when the rodent is in the trap and delivers a deadly electric shock which is fast and mess free.

You simply bait the trap with some dry pet food and when the rat or mouse enters the device it is instantly detected and killed with a high voltage electric shock. The device is completely safe and works in much the same way as police taser does. However, the rodent is killed instead of stunned.

But wouldn't the electric shock just be a temporary remedy in each location, considering how fast they learn. ?
And wouldn't the zapper be a danger to children & pets?

Besides rat poison and the zapper what would you suggest ?

I'm at lost. That's what scares me. I am very concerned about disease spreading like the Middle Ages.

While some species are going extinct, others are running rampant. In my state it is insects... poisons spiders, ticks, etc. Other states , snakes, some states have an increase in big cat attacks. It is bizarreo world now. surprised

The big cats and snakes can eat the rats so can a few birds like owls. A few barn cats will kill mice and rats as well.

no photo
Fri 09/25/15 05:25 AM
Good job :)

no photo
Thu 09/24/15 10:06 PM

Rat Zapper

[url{http://www.ratzapper.org/[ url]

The Rat Zapper is the perfect way to deal with the problem of rats and mice. The Rat Zapper uses sophisticated electronics to sense when the rodent is in the trap and delivers a deadly electric shock which is fast and mess free.

You simply bait the trap with some dry pet food and when the rat or mouse enters the device it is instantly detected and killed with a high voltage electric shock. The device is completely safe and works in much the same way as police taser does. However, the rodent is killed instead of stunned.

But wouldn't the electric shock just be a temporary remedy in each location, considering how fast they learn. ?
And wouldn't the zapper be a danger to children & pets?

Besides rat poison and the zapper what would you suggest ?

no photo
Thu 09/24/15 09:58 PM

Britain just needs some good rat recipes!

Yuck .... That is so gross

no photo
Thu 09/24/15 09:06 PM

just wondering are you ladies going to have jealous feelings toward female sex robots???

Nope not at all :)

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25