Community > Posts By > Tracker_Ar

no photo
Tue 06/23/09 02:51 AM
This is just my opinion, but you speak of people in poverty being content and happy, and people with wealth and power not being happy. I think maybe the key to this might be that those in poverty knew exactly what their needs were and those with wealth have their needs confused with their wants. I have also lived very poor and know what it is like to go without a few meals. You begin to learn that even food can become a want when it exceeds what you need to stay alive and healthly. I guess my point is that there is a fine line between needs and wants, and quite possiably the abilty to know happiness might lay in part within this region.

no photo
Tue 06/23/09 02:33 AM

If you woke up one day and found that you suddenly had everything that you could possiably need what would be the first thing you would do?what

I'm glad to see that some of you are actually getting into the nitty gritty of this topic. That is why I used the word "NEED" in my original post(not "want") and did not mention the the word "happiness" I was interested how people might interpret the question. There are some really good comments from you all and I'm interested where this might go still yet

no photo
Tue 06/23/09 02:10 AM
Edited by Tracker_Ar on Tue 06/23/09 02:10 AM

What the hell does money have to do with anything?

Inner peace, contentment, or 'happiness'....doesn't come from material possessions...or income, no matter how humble.

Some of the poorest people on this planet, are some of the wealthiest people I know, in spirit, and the most joyous.

DO they have everything they need or want? Nope.

Funny how the so called money, asset 'wealthiest' countries in the world have the highest depression rates...

I don't think a want of money was the point, He said just enough to cover his humble "needs" not his humble "wants" there is a big difference, but yes I do agree with you also that money is not a deciding factor in a person's happiness. Although for those who don't know how to, or are not in a position to live of the land it's can be a deciding factor in whether or not they will have food in their stomachs. That would be a "need."

no photo
Tue 06/23/09 01:48 AM
Edited by Tracker_Ar on Tue 06/23/09 01:51 AM

I wake up with that every morning. I learned a long time ago that it really doesn't take much to be happy. Just enough money to cover my humble needs and the time to enjoy life. What more could anyone want?

I agree, but I don't think I've learned it as well as you have...yet, but I'm still working on it.

Also, I would like to thank all of you for your comments. This is my first thread to get past the first page.biggrin :banana: biggrin

no photo
Tue 06/23/09 01:43 AM
I think I know a guy like that, might be the same guy.

He goes hunting with his buddy and a grizzly starts chasing them. Unfortunetly they are only carry squirrel rifles that are of no use againist the bear. So this guy pulls a pair of running shoes out of his backpack on starts putting them on while still trying to run. His buddy says "What are you doing you can't outrun that bear?" To which he replies "Don't hafta, just gotta outrun you!!"

no photo
Tue 06/23/09 12:56 AM
My heart goes out to you and your loved ones. I lost my Grandmother to cancer recently. I pray for your friend, you, and your loved ones in your time of need. May his journey home be smooth and may the Lord greet him at the pearly gates and take him into His arms.

no photo
Tue 06/23/09 12:37 AM
I think the first thing I would do is go find St. Peter and ask him how I died. Then I would probably jump for joy like Foreverstumpy.

no photo
Mon 06/22/09 11:55 PM
If you woke up one day and found that you suddenly had everything that you could possiably need what would be the first thing you would do?what

no photo
Mon 06/22/09 11:45 PM

if you had a time machine,what time would you visit? and why?

Hmmmm?... Well now that I think about about it I would most likely put about 40 pounds of C-4 in it, set the timer and run for my life. Although there are some good things that might be possiable to use it for, I have this sneaking suspicion that it is probably more power than the human race needs to play with...Kinda reminds me of another invention that we should have left un-invented, the atomic bomb.oops slaphead

no photo
Mon 06/22/09 10:38 PM

Sig SP2022 .40 S&W, and an Armalite AR15 with a forged aluminum barrel. Oh and it's concertina wire common mistake.

Hmmm... I looked it up and you were right about the "concertina" wire. I stand corrected. You learn something everyday I suppose.
Thanks.drinker

no photo
Mon 06/22/09 10:28 PM
I do have two Glocks (full size and sub compact .40 cal) and they are my favorite carry guns. Now I have nothing againist 1911 style weapons in fact I would like to have one someday. I have my reasons for carrying a Glock, one is that I can carry the full size with 15 round mags and the sub compact with a 10 round mag in it to keep the size down. If either runs empty I can use the same 15 round mags in each. Two they are simple, somewhat lightweight, almost impervious to dirt, water, and elements, and finally absolutely relibable. Everytime I have ever pulled the trigger on a loaded chamber it went bang and has never jammed, at least not in the 3000+ rounds I have put though it. Of course I don't think they are the most accurate, smooth shooting, or best fitting to the shooter. But with a ghost link 3.5# trigger kit, an extended slide stop, night sights, traction tape in the correct places, and the most important thing proper practice with the weapon it does pretty good. Also I would have say that I would put their relibabilty up againist any gun outhere and that is the most important thing to me in a carry gun. Now for competition or hunting I would probably have to with a different gun for sure, but for a carry gun I love my Glock.

no photo
Mon 06/22/09 06:59 PM
Keeping sight of the vow we made.

Holding fast to the hope.

So when we stand in the line of wrath,

the true and the righteous will know.

no photo
Mon 06/22/09 12:23 PM

Gun Control: The idea that a 110# woman has the right to defend herself from a 250# rapist with her bare hands..

Guns...The ultimate feminine protection:laughing:

no photo
Sun 06/21/09 08:28 PM
Hey lnghntr,

What do you think of the mingle gun club idea? Want to join?laugh
drinker drinker

no photo
Sun 06/21/09 05:57 PM
Curiosity was framed, stupidity killed the cat.

Life is painless for the brainless.

NORMAL PEOPLE SCARE ME, but not as much as I scare them.

The best way to save face is to keep the lower part of it shut.

If at first you don't succeed... RELOAD!!

no photo
Sun 06/21/09 05:35 PM
I'm just one bad relationship away from owning 30+ cats.

Never do anything that you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

Don't believe everything you think

If we are not supposed to eat animals, how come they are made of meat

Some days it's just not worth gnawing though the straps

A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves

Guns the ultimate feminine protection

I drive all over the country for my job and see bumper stickers all the time I have got many many more.

no photo
Sun 06/21/09 05:13 PM
If you are close enough to read this, I could hit my brakes and sue you.

My turn signal is a warning not a suggestion. Move it or lose it.

Get in, hold on, and shut up.

no photo
Sun 06/21/09 04:59 PM
Edited by Tracker_Ar on Sun 06/21/09 05:01 PM
I usually wouldn't put a comment like this in the jokes forum but it seems that the debate has already began. Just thought I might put my personal opinions out there as well.
I am licensed in my state for concealed carry and do use this right. I have never had to use a gun for any perpose againist anyone and pray that I never do but regardless I WOULD RATHER HAVE A GUN AND NOT NEED IT THAN, NEED A GUN AND NOT HAVE IT. Futhermore I probably wouldn't even use it to protect my own life, since I am most likely more ready for Heaven than the guy trying to kill me. I would actually be more likely to use a gun to defend your life or my loved one's life than my own. So I can't see why anyone would be so afraid of me or my gun. I am a mentally stable law abiding citizen and would never use a weapon in anger, only in defense. I am also very knowledgeable about gun safety and remain conscious of safety 24/7/365. I know I don't speak for everyone that carries a gun but you would be surprised how many people are out just like me. If you are ever in a situation where your life is in danger and you are unarmed you just might be glad if someone like me is around. So anyway that's my two cents worth take or leave it, the choice is yours.

no photo
Sun 06/21/09 03:39 PM
Edited by Tracker_Ar on Sun 06/21/09 03:40 PM
Anyone know anything about the new Bushmaster ACR? I don't think it's available yet, at least I haven't been able to get my hands on one. It was originally designed by Magpul as the Masada but they contracted to Bushmaster for the manufacture of the gun. On Bushmaster's site they say it will be availiable to select customers this year but I'm not really sure what that means cuase I haven't seen one yet. Anyone know something about it?

no photo
Sun 06/21/09 02:06 PM
I am learning to be a professional tracker hence the nickname,
<Tracker