Community > Posts By > Tracker_Ar

no photo
Wed 07/29/09 04:04 PM
No!! and then they locked me in the basement and left!! Help me!!
surprised scared surprised scared surprised scared

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

no photo
Sun 07/26/09 08:25 PM
I think alot of this just comes down to our human nature. A good woman feels the need to be a good mother and love their children, right.

Well, I think that a good man feels the need to protect those around him including his children, the mother of his children, his friends, his family, and in my case even strangers. I don't consider this to be macho either I just consider this being a good man.

Maybe I'm way off or wierd, but that is what I believe.

no photo
Sun 07/26/09 08:15 PM

Do you hunt with handguns?

Tracker, THERE is a good reason! laugh

Ok, now you are just getting argumentative, and yes I do hunt with handguns if you must know. I have hunted deer with handguns and I once had to defend myself from a charging wild boar with a handgun.

Those were two separate topics I posted. I was SERIOUS about your previously stated reason. No sarcasm there at all. And certainly no argument.

justaguy, you have more than earned my respect and trust. If you say so, then I believe it.

Still doesn't make a whole lick of sense to me though...

Oh, I see what you were commenting on now. I am very sorry for the confusion and for accusing you of being argumentative. I simply did not realize what you were commenting on.

My apologies.blushing

no photo
Sun 07/26/09 07:56 PM
Wow, a few people show up in here that understand my view point and suddenly almost everyone is gone. It was more fun to gang up on me when I was alone Huh.

Just kidding ladies don't take that the wrong way.flowerforyou

no photo
Sun 07/26/09 07:50 PM

hhhmmm it appears someone needs to read the book of Cor. about damage to your own body....Do you think God would approve.???

it matters not what any of us think

what matters is if approval is there

and god defiantly does not approve of judgmental humans

drinker

AMEN!

no photo
Sun 07/26/09 07:43 PM

Do you hunt with handguns?

Tracker, THERE is a good reason! laugh

Ok, now you are just getting argumentative, and yes I do hunt with handguns if you must know. I have hunted deer with handguns and I once had to defend myself from a charging wild boar with a handgun.

no photo
Sun 07/26/09 07:08 PM
Hey ladies I am not armed because I have to I'm armed by choice. I am not sad, or stressed, or paranoid, I am not filled with worry, it's just the way I was raised and my lifestyle. I have the upmost respect for your lifestyle I only ask the same in return.

I have some other people I have to email now, but I thank you all for an interesting conversation. I will check back in here tomorrow.
I hope you all have wonderful night. Stay safe.waving flowerforyou

no photo
Sun 07/26/09 07:00 PM

I hope maybe I am shedding some insight on to how the average legal gun owners mind set is in reality and show you people that we are not the ones that you should fear. Most of us pray that we will never have to use our guns for protection, but we would rather have them and not need them, than to need them and not have them. We aren't a bunch of cowboys outhere looking for a gunfight and we aren't crazy. In most states we walk among you everyday and you have never even noticed us, but many good law abiding American gun owners would be more than willing to lay their life on the line to protect a strangers. Even though all we get in return is "why do you think you need a gun, are you paranoid, are you crazy" what's the deal people. Not everyone with a gun wants to harm you.

GUNS ARE NOT EVIL!!!! SOME PEOPLE WHO WANT TO HARM YOU ARE, THAT'S WHY WE CARRY!!!!

I'm assuming, too, that many gun carriers with that mindset have been victims of crime, which is sad, and which I can allow would make them a lot more paranoid. However, I'd rather get to know people and learn about them and their pov than always think they will hurt me. I get vibes from people that help me know I should probably stay away from them. I don't need to shoot anybody.

And ditto on the guns with my kids. Sorry. No. I can think of two of mine who would LOVE to have a chance to play with a gun. My ex is good about showing them their grandfather's hunting rifles and safety and all that -- that's all they need.

Let's say you are sitting at home with your children and suddenly a man breaks thru your door and says he is going to kill you and your children. Is there really a need to get to know him better at that moment? I know this has probably not happened to you, but can you say beyond the shadow of a doubt that it won't?

Do you always have your gun on you in the house? That's the only way that it's going to help in that situation, isn't it?

I have one safely holstered one me right now so yes, it could help me.

Possibly. Or, you could get shot while taking your gun out? Or what happens if the person breaking in gets ahold of your gun?

Anything could happen, I'm sure.

You didn't read the post I wrote in this thread about the training I have put myself through, did you? I have been around guns my whole life and have had no accidents yet. I was taught gun safety from a young age. In the words of snarky could it happen yes, but it's very unlikely.

no photo
Sun 07/26/09 06:54 PM

I hope maybe I am shedding some insight on to how the average legal gun owners mind set is in reality and show you people that we are not the ones that you should fear. Most of us pray that we will never have to use our guns for protection, but we would rather have them and not need them, than to need them and not have them. We aren't a bunch of cowboys outhere looking for a gunfight and we aren't crazy. In most states we walk among you everyday and you have never even noticed us, but many good law abiding American gun owners would be more than willing to lay their life on the line to protect a strangers. Even though all we get in return is "why do you think you need a gun, are you paranoid, are you crazy" what's the deal people. Not everyone with a gun wants to harm you.

GUNS ARE NOT EVIL!!!! SOME PEOPLE WHO WANT TO HARM YOU ARE, THAT'S WHY WE CARRY!!!!

I'm assuming, too, that many gun carriers with that mindset have been victims of crime, which is sad, and which I can allow would make them a lot more paranoid. However, I'd rather get to know people and learn about them and their pov than always think they will hurt me. I get vibes from people that help me know I should probably stay away from them. I don't need to shoot anybody.

And ditto on the guns with my kids. Sorry. No. I can think of two of mine who would LOVE to have a chance to play with a gun. My ex is good about showing them their grandfather's hunting rifles and safety and all that -- that's all they need.

Let's say you are sitting at home with your children and suddenly a man breaks thru your door and says he is going to kill you and your children. Is there really a need to get to know him better at that moment? I know this has probably not happened to you, but can you say beyond the shadow of a doubt that it won't?

Again, paranoia. MIGHT that happen? Yeah, it may. But the chances are it won't. I'm not about to walk around armed or be with someone who feels like they need to. How can anyone enjoy life constantly worrying about bad things happening all the time?

Believe it or not but I don't worry about it all the time and I enjoy life very much thank you. Also I'm not suggesting that you walk around armed all the time, that is your choice.

All I'm asking is don't give me a hard time about my choice, that's all.

no photo
Sun 07/26/09 06:49 PM
Edited by Tracker_Ar on Sun 07/26/09 06:55 PM

Do you always have your gun on you in the house? That's the only way that it's going to help in that situation, isn't it?

I have one safely holstered on me right now so yes, it could help me.

no photo
Sun 07/26/09 06:47 PM

I know.. If I see a woman getting beaten and raped on the street/alley, I will run to a local pay phone and call the police, then another 40 minutes for the cops to show up....

NO... let me drive home, get my gun out of the gun safe and then drive back to stop him.

slaphead slaphead slaphead slaphead

OR- I CAN JUST PULL OUT MY PISTOL FROM MY SHOULDER HOLSTER, POINT IT AT THE MAN AND GIVE HIM THE CHOICE... STOP OR DIE!!:thumbsup: drinks

Does it really take that long for police to show up in your area?

My phone did something weird last week and called 911 when I wasn't home. The call was made at 8:22. The police arrived at 8:23.

There are places where I live that you can't even get cell service. How are you going to call the cops with no phone?

I've never driven through any places that didn't have service before.

Obviously you haven't drove where I live.

no photo
Sun 07/26/09 06:46 PM

hmmm...it would depend upon who he was and what he did for a living. it'd also matter if he actually knew how to use it and was licensed.

that said, the relationship would go no further, as i will never allow my children to live in a home with firearms.

I also don't want my child in a home with firearms.

A responsible gun owner should keep his firearms locked away safely so that a child could not injure themselves. The only exception to this is the firearm that is on their person and they are personally responsible for the safety of that firearm at all times.

If you don't want your kids in a house with firearms I can respect that. It is your choice and if the gun owner is not responsible with his guns, I can't say that I blame you.

My grandfather was a responsible gun owner. He hunted. He came back from a hunting trip and put his guns into the case and locked it. My mom was a child then.

My uncle was outside on the porch playing with a pretend bow and arrow. The arrow was a ruler. He shot the ruler through a hole in the screen door and it hit a gun. The gun went off. My grandfather was tired from his trip and had forgotten a bullet.

The bullet went into my mother's stomach. She was lucky and it went back out again.

My mom made front page of the newspaper. We have it. It shows a small girl on a stretcher going into the ambulance.

My point is that freaky things can happen. Accidents can happen.

I don't even want my child visiting a friend and that house has a gun. I don't know how careful those parents are with them.

I mean no offense to your Grandfather, but by todays standards that is NOT being a responsiable gun owner. The gun should have never been left loaded and unattended. When I talk about being locked up safely I mean unloaded and in a VAULT.

no photo
Sun 07/26/09 06:41 PM

no photo
Sun 07/26/09 06:36 PM

I know.. If I see a woman getting beaten and raped on the street/alley, I will run to a local pay phone and call the police, then another 40 minutes for the cops to show up....

NO... let me drive home, get my gun out of the gun safe and then drive back to stop him.

slaphead slaphead slaphead slaphead

OR- I CAN JUST PULL OUT MY PISTOL FROM MY SHOULDER HOLSTER, POINT IT AT THE MAN AND GIVE HIM THE CHOICE... STOP OR DIE!!:thumbsup: drinks

Does it really take that long for police to show up in your area?

My phone did something weird last week and called 911 when I wasn't home. The call was made at 8:22. The police arrived at 8:23.

There are places where I live that you can't even get cell service. How are you going to call the cops with no phone?

no photo
Sun 07/26/09 06:33 PM

hmmm...it would depend upon who he was and what he did for a living. it'd also matter if he actually knew how to use it and was licensed.

that said, the relationship would go no further, as i will never allow my children to live in a home with firearms.

I also don't want my child in a home with firearms.

A responsible gun owner should keep his firearms locked away safely so that a child could not injure themselves. The only exception to this is the firearm that is on their person and they are personally responsible for the safety of that firearm at all times.

If you don't want your kids in a house with firearms I can respect that. It is your choice and if the gun owner is not responsible with his guns, I can't say that I blame you.

no photo
Sun 07/26/09 06:25 PM

no photo
Sun 07/26/09 06:10 PM

To those carrying guns on dates.. where are you going on dates that you feel the need to have a gun?

My first thought? Rape. scared

I'm not saying they're carrying them for bad purposes. But, I know that in Virginia you cannot carry a gun into a place that has a license to serve alcohol. So, I was just curious what types of places they're going on dates where they feel the need to carry their gun.

If we new exactly when and where people would try to harm us then we wouldn't have a problem, would we. We would just avoid those places and times and have the police waiting there for the criminal, but we can't know that so that is why I carry protection.

Also in most states you can not have alcohol in you poccession or be drinking any alcohol while carrying. You also can't carry into a place that makes over a certain percentage of it's profits from the sale of alcohol. Like liquor stores or bars for instance, but seeing as I do not drink and would hope that my date doesn't either I don't see where this is a problem for me.

no photo
Sun 07/26/09 04:50 PM
Edited by Tracker_Ar on Sun 07/26/09 04:52 PM

hhhmmm it appears someone needs to read the book of Cor. about damage to your own body....Do you think God would approve.???

Hmmm....The body is the temple, right. So, your church might put scriptures on the wall, right. Think about now...THAT'S WHAT SHE DID!!!!!
slaphead

no photo
Sun 07/26/09 04:08 PM

I am licensed for concealed carry and I do carry regularly. I went though the state required classes, background checks, fingerprinting, training, and purchased my firearms legally. If that isn't enough for you I then sought additional training in firearms safety, weapons retenion, use of force continuum, and researched all laws that are important to the subject. I am not mentally unstable, I have committed no crimes, I do not believe it is the old west, and I would not harm any innocent person.

So some of the comments that I see from people from the otherside of the issue I find to very harsh, and unfounded. Not to mention, most of you are always talking about how you shouldn't profile and stereotypes are bad. That is exactly what I see a lot of you doing, with statements like "crazy gun toten people" or "he must be paranoid or crazy to carry a gun" you should be ashamed of yourselves. If we were a minority or of a different race you people would be in serious trouble for derogatory comments like that.

To the original question if I found that my date was carrying legally as I do I would be very happy. I might even drop to one knee and ask her to marry me. Just kidding! But it seriously would be nice to meet someone who didn't go into hysterics any time they see a gun or hear someone mention a gun. I mean come on be reasonable step out from behind your little biased opinions and open your eyes to reality and I don't mean the type on your tv. Sometimes it's a dangereous world when you step outside of your house and sometime you may have to protect yourself. Police can't always be there when you need help, they have thousands of other people to protect and can't be right by your side 24/7/365.

You say you carry regularly. What places do you take your gun? When do you leave it at home?

I carry every where that it is legal for me to carry and my gun never stays home. It is at least legally locked away in my truck if I am not permitted to carry on my person it that particular area. Although if I was on a date with a woman and I had not already spoke with her about my gun then I would leave it locked securely in my truck. Chances are though that I would not be on a date without previously speaking with her about my weapon.

no photo
Sun 07/26/09 11:31 AM

I find that our society needs a reality check on just how dangerous times have become.

I couldn't agree more! My Dad is in law enforcement and I have went on patrol with him some. Let me tell you I have seen parts of our society that most people could not even IMAGINE and to think they are afraid of me and my gun. If they had seen some of the things I have they would want to know how they can get a gun.
drinker

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10