Community > Posts By > daniel48706

daniel48706's photo
Tue 12/18/12 08:39 PM
So this is where all the beautiful ladies I remember are hanging out now! How is everyone doing?

daniel48706's photo
Tue 12/18/12 08:37 PM
doing great now that I get to see that gorgeous face again :D

daniel48706's photo
Tue 12/18/12 07:45 PM
not too bad queeny. I am down in Oklahoma now where the climate is MUCH nicer to my hip ;-)

daniel48706's photo
Mon 12/17/12 10:01 PM
Howdy y'all!

daniel48706's photo
Tue 08/31/10 03:00 AM
wow, lo and behold I do believe he is still here in the United States; or did I miss his arse getting hit by the door?

daniel48706's photo
Tue 08/31/10 02:58 AM

If we weren't the "big warmongering" country we have been of late and decided to give peace a chance, there wouldn't be anything to leak.

That said, leaks have to be expected. Journalism is for the most part sensationalism. To be shocking, you have to dig and look for the most outrageous stories to put out there.

This is just another one.

Hell, if our government does the "leaking" as has happened in the recent past, it isn't treason then.

It needs to be fair.

If the information gets out, it gets out.

What else can you do?

This will not be the last time and definitely won't be the worst of it either.

You ask, "if the information gets out it gets out,what can you do?" I say you fry the bastards who let the information out. I do not care what your job is, I do not care what your position is, who yo daddy is or who yo momma is, if yo let something out that is deemed secret, then you should be punished for it. If yo are shown as receiving said information, yo need to be punished as an accomplice to the fact. If you have received it and make it more available to those unauthorized to know of it, Then yo are guilty as the original leaker and need to be fried for leaking secrets.

Wow, what a concept? Punishing a politician when he/she screws up. What will happen to America then?

daniel48706's photo
Tue 08/31/10 02:46 AM

K...Soooo Lets see...you want to take housing that has been deemed UNFIT for O lets see...murderers, rapists, criminals. Lets take all the poor peeps and cram them in there!! all the single moms and thier children Lets put them in unsanitary, unfit, unsafe PRISONS!!! Hey thats a great idea...Now lets see who should go 1st...O I know!!! lets start with curious George Bush...Hes unemployed, has done nothing BUT take free handout money from the Gov. and lets face it, its not like hes going to get an education anytime soon. Perfect candidate!!! Or better yet, how be you start with all the people who think this is a good idea...you can even post a notice over the gate..."hard work will set you free" frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated

Nobody said to use derelict unsafe buildings. They suggested to renovate unused buildings. And the sad thing is that most states DO have empty prisons that are NOT unsafe, or unsanitary etc. These buildings are laying around unused, with tax dollars going to keep them in good repair but empty. I personally say, renovate them into shelters and go for it as long as it remains voluntary and not forced.

daniel48706's photo
Tue 08/31/10 02:41 AM

Does anyone know if they plan on keeping the bars? or renovating them for housing?

I don't agree with the bars like prisoners, but using an unused facility would help save some money.

Not all people on welfare are the "stereotype". Some use it to get them out of a bad situation (as it should be) and some take advantage of it. I know some take advantage of it....I have seen it.

I agree that if they took the bars off, and turned unused prisons into more like a shelter, then yes it would be a good idea. But this Shelter needs to be just that; a shelter. People need to be able to come and go from their rooms as they need or want to, not be shut in and have the doors closed.

daniel48706's photo
Tue 08/31/10 02:38 AM

You know what don't judge me, you have no idea where I have been or the things that I have seen. For your information, I have myself lived in the people city mission and have asked for help. I have seen that side of the world unlike some that offer opinions without seeing it. But unlike alot of those on welfare, I worked 3 jobs while getting back on my feet and have busted by butt every day of my life to get me and my son where we are today.

I don't speak from ignorance, I speak from everyday experience that is ongoing as I continue on a weekly basis to volunteer to help in the same place in which I asked for help 14 years ago.

And yet you still recommend forced sterilization
I also support the drug tests for those on welfare along with mandatory birthcontrol. If you can't support the ones you have then you should be having anymore.

I agree that drug tests should be mandatory; they are mandatory for most jobs now, it should be mandatory for assistance as well. In
regards to alchohol, until alchohol is made illegal, you and nobody else has a leg to stand on in saying that someone can or can not drink (so long as they are of age).

Now, before someone gets all huffy with me. Some may remember, others probably don't as I have been gone for a rather longtime.

I myself, am a single parent of two children, one of whom is being treated for severe behavoral and mental health conditions. At this time, he is medically incapable of being left in daycare, or even with family members for me to work. I have letters from several professionals stating that I am not to work outside of the home, unless he is in school. Needless to say I do not have a job at this point in time, and I am receiving assistance.

Because of the issues at hand, I am required to perform 8 hours a week community service. I am extremely lucky in that I am able to perform it at my family church which is two buildings down from my house. This also allows me to take my son with me during summer and winter vacations etc. when he is not in school. I could very easily get it so that I don't have to even do community service outside of school hours, but I don't; I do what I can.

In regards to finding work, I am in the process of starting my own business out of my house, over the internet. Will it work? I personally believe so, though I am not foolish enough to think I am going to come off of assistance instantly when I "open the doors" so to speak. Do I drink beer? Yes I do. I save soda cans and bottles (along with the beer), and I pick them up from the side of the road after those of you who are too lazy and disgusting to take care of your own trash. This is how I pay for my beer. And you know what? I only drink maybe 12 cans per month on average. My rent is paid in full every month; my utilities are paid in full every month. My fridge and freezer are kept fully stocked as are my cupboards. I do not own a vehicle, because after paying all my rent, utilities and getting food I do not have enough to keep insurance on the car.

But, with all of that said, you will find that I am not very different from the average person on assistance, other than the hardship of being unable to work away from home.

Back to the person I quoted: I am not judging you other than to applaud yo in the fact that you worked three jobs at one time when trying to get your feet back under yourself. I AM however telling YOU to not judge the rest of us who may not be ABLE to work three jobs. I am also telling you to your face (so to speak) that you need to learn that you do NOT have any right to tell someone they should be steralized for any reason, let alone because they don't have a 6 digit household income.

daniel48706's photo
Tue 08/31/10 02:05 AM

I fly the American flag with pride, and I urinate on the mexico flag.

And people wonder what is wrong with todays society...

daniel48706's photo
Wed 03/10/10 10:21 AM
Well DrRob, I was going to send you what I consider to be a good opening line, but your profile indicates I can't due to a birth defect at birth called male-ism. lol.

Well suffice it to say I am glad to have read your profile and even more happy to find out that there really ARE men who believe the same things I do. now if only we could find us a lady who would appreciate everything in us, right? :-D

daniel48706's photo
Wed 03/10/10 10:07 AM
no war was actually declared upon us (not by legal definition anyhow, which requires a nation to declare war upon a nation). I think we needed to respond but not in the manner which we did.

You do not have to stand up and verbally declare war in order to declare war. Look back to Pearl Harbor. When japan attacked us, it was considered an act of war, even though they attacked PRIOR to verbally declaring war. This is but one example. Do you need someone to stand there and TELL you that they are going to hit you before they hit you, for it to be considered an assault?

daniel48706's photo
Wed 03/10/10 10:03 AM
Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for an ideological goal (as opposed to a lone attack), and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (civilians).

Some definitions also include acts of unlawful violence and war.

That is an excerpt from wikipedia online. By that definition, anyone who is being tried as a terrorist, or for terrorism related issues, needs to be tried by a military tribunal, not a civilian court, as terrorism is directed towards non-combatants (non-military).

If I broke a civilian law while I was in the Army, I would be tried and punished through a civilian court. If I broke a military law, or did something that involved the military, then I would be tried and punished under UCMJ (Uniform Code of MILITARY Justice).

in regards to a non-American being tried in military tribunal or civilian court and receiving the same benefits as an American citizen, I disagree vehemently. Certain HUMAN rights, yes, but not AMERICAN rights.

daniel48706's photo
Wed 03/10/10 09:40 AM

Trib, I've learned over the years, that this topic is a sticky issue for many people. Most people I've corresponded to who have had or currently own a pit-bull always say what you've just said, "He/she is a nice gentle dog, not a mean or aggressive bone in his/her body."

However, in my opinion, going against the grain here, there is the potential for a pit or pit-mix to be dangerous and aggressive and more so especially with poorly suited owners. The fact that I've read about so many of these unpredicted, unprovoked attacks from these dogs, makes me not like them or trust them. Which is why I also support putting them down if they attack someone, in addition to fines and/or incarceration levvied against its owners.

So to answer your question, to some degree the breed, but to a broader degree, the owners. Wherein stricter punishment against irresponsible or negligent owners should be in place, if the breed is not banned.

very well put clm. I have never owned a pit, though I have had friends that have owned them, and one who bred them. Every one of my friends raised the pit from puppy-hood, and only one had any troubles; the one who bred them. Out of something like 8 or 9 litters, he had two that no matter how he trained them or raised them turned out mean. He had them put down. The rest were all as sweet as you could imagine.

So as you stated, it is is degree a part of the breed yes; however it is primarily an issue of poor ownership and handling. And I am all for more severe fines and incarceration for those who do not handle ANY animal with the proper respect and love it deserves.

daniel48706's photo
Wed 03/10/10 09:35 AM

Was always curious about that "randomly selected" jazz. Is it really random, or do they just say it is? Many air-travelers don't like to be hassled and put through the additional scrutiny, even if it is in the name of HSA or TSA. And to be banned altogether from flying, even after legitimately being allowed to purchase a ticket because you are a "false positive" stinks. I'm sorry, but it does.

I agree that it sucks to buy a ticket then get blocked.However, the only way to prevent that would be to notify you that your name has been blocked, and that would effectively notify the ones we are TRYING to stop, that they have been found out and give them a chance to flee or hide deeper.

daniel48706's photo
Wed 03/10/10 09:32 AM
keep in mind also that the PRIMARY reason the uspo is downsizing, yes I said it, they are DOWNSIZING, is due to the increase of electronic mail, texting and such. it is a proven fact that the use of standard postal mail (snail mail), has decreased significantly in the past several years, and due to such decrease, and less demand for it, the Post Office is regrettably downsizing.

It would not surprise me to eventually find ourselves back to postal mail being delivered only one day a week like it used to be when it was carried by the Pony Express. Even your utility companies are offering electronic billing and payment options, and going to a paperless method. The ONLY reason it has not completely gone over is the fact that not everyone can afford to have internet in their homes.

daniel48706's photo
Wed 03/10/10 09:22 AM

I put myself on a no-fly list. I used to love to travel, now it's a freakin' nightmare... bag that. There's plenty to see close to home.

i have been through some of the hassles myself, especially when my ex and I traveled back to Indiana from Hawaii in April of 2002.

keep in mind, I am 5'4" (65 inches) tall, at the time i was about 20 pounds overweight, had a mustache and was wearing slacks, button-down shirt with tie, and a jacket (my usual attire when traveling). I had no carry-on luggage at all, and only one checked bag; yet I was stopped in Honolulu, made to remove my shoes, and jacket, patted down, and delayed by about twenty minutes beyond that. This was all after walking through the xray machine, and the met detector. This happened AGAIN when we transferred in Chicago, and then a third time in Fort Wayne Indiana, our destination stop. Oh and I am also Caucasian.

i think it fairly safe to say there was no RACIAL profiling performed. And although I think it was a bit redundant for me to be hit, supposedly by random selection, at every single one of my stops, I will continue to fly when need-be, knowing that safety is being looked at.

oh and also keep in mind I had a military id, as well as a Michigan id and New York id, due to the fact that I was a dual citizen of Michigan and New york at the time.

When I flew from Fort Wayne to Regan International in 2003, I was not stopped even once.

daniel48706's photo
Wed 03/10/10 09:12 AM

No...no...NOT cool!

Well in your case you should not have to worry about it sucking then flowerforyou

daniel48706's photo
Wed 03/10/10 09:10 AM

All well and good, however the method outweighs the intent in this matter, and inncocent people who are not in any way a dangerous criminal or terrorist, or affilated with terrorists in any way, are put on "the List." It is not working, and has been corrupted into something very un-American. I think the ACLU has a valid reason to be upset over this, as do many citizens.

Normally I would agree with you on it outweighing the intent, however when it comes to the safety of a COUNTRY, and the magnitudes of people we lost on 9/11 and those we could have lost over Christmas, and any other number of times, I have to say better that a few people have difficulties than we have a repeat of 9/11.

Now, don't get me wrong, I agree the system needs to be changed, or tweaked, say it how you want; however, we need a system in place until the tweaking happens, even if it is the one we have now.

daniel48706's photo
Wed 03/10/10 08:44 AM
excellent!!!

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25