Community > Posts By > daniel48706

daniel48706's photo
Sun 11/08/09 04:59 PM
lol, yeah those might be very good reasons as to why you didnt enjoy it last time lol

That's the funny thing; I have a mild case of claustrophobia; for example, I can not go underneath my trailer anymore, and if I twist and turn in my sleep, pinning my arms, I will wake up in a panic, FIGHTING to free my arms, that type of thing. But flying completely relaxes me. Even in the aftermath of 9/11, flying from Hawaii to Chicago to Fort Wayne, the entire flight relaxed me big time.

That always happens to me. I like someone but they are hours away by car. And I have never flown either not sure if I would enjoy flying or not!!

If you're afraid of heights and claustrophobic- as I am- it can suck huge.

I guess it probably didn't help that I had an 11 hour layover, was sick from meds withdrawals and hungover. Maybe if I try it under different conditions Ii'll do better.laugh

daniel48706's photo
Sun 11/08/09 04:42 PM
lmbo, I just looked up tocheck on my 9 year old who is emptying the dryer for me to see him completely ensconced in my very heavy bathrobe, which is almost twice his length. Ia sked him why he was wearing MY bathrobe insteasd of his, and he replied "it's waaaaaarrrrrmmmmmmmm" with this big sheepish smile on his face. (yes he had just pulled it fromt he dryer lol)

You gotta love kids!

daniel48706's photo
Sun 11/08/09 04:39 PM
Enya - "Shephard Moons"

daniel48706's photo
Sun 11/08/09 04:38 PM
That's the funny thing; I have a mild case of claustrophobia; for example, I can not go underneath my trailer anymore, and if I twist and turn in my sleep, pinning my arms, I will wake up in a panic, FIGHTING to free my arms, that type of thing. But flying completely relaxes me. Even in the aftermath of 9/11, flying from Hawaii to Chicago to Fort Wayne, the entire flight relaxed me big time.

That always happens to me. I like someone but they are hours away by car. And I have never flown either not sure if I would enjoy flying or not!!

If you're afraid of heights and claustrophobic- as I am- it can suck huge.

daniel48706's photo
Sun 11/08/09 04:13 PM

And don't fight with dad in front of her or say bad things about him around her....

lol, so true Lady, and forgive me for laughing, but I have to add that if you ARE going to discuss something concernig dad, make sure she is with grandma nad grandpa several miles away or something as good, as kids WILL hear what yuo say otherwise no matter how careful you think you are being ;-)

Good luck hun, and God Bless.

daniel48706's photo
Sun 11/08/09 04:11 PM
Enya - "A day without rain"

daniel48706's photo
Sun 11/08/09 04:09 PM

I love to fly, to be honest. I would love to be able to fly everywhere I went. But it can add up fast in expenses lol, especially when you add in having to rent a car, and hotel costs.

No, the way I look at it, by the time my lease is up, I should have a good feeling on whether or not it is worth pursuing, and I have always been interested in the state she lives in, so I would not be adverse to moving closer to her. I may well have to move around then anyway to attend college, and I know there are colleges that offer the degree in ministry that I want to pursue in her state.

Meanwhile I am going to enjoy getting to know her better, and becoming good friends with her. As I have said many times int he past, and firmly believe, you can't have a relationship if it isn't built on friendship first, because int he end, friendship is what will be left ;-)

daniel48706's photo
Sun 11/08/09 02:15 PM

Was it mE? laugh :wink:

lol sowwy babe, twasnt you

daniel48706's photo
Sun 11/08/09 02:12 PM

happy for u hopefully the distance wont matter after to longflowerforyou

Well IF things go well, as I have saidw e just met last night lol, I still have a lease here until next June so...

daniel48706's photo
Sun 11/08/09 02:07 PM

read ladylid's response in this forum

I see it turned your nose red!

lol, that usually happens when I read something personal like that ;-)

daniel48706's photo
Sun 11/08/09 02:05 PM

Is it time to relocate? ohwell Or shall the long distance romance continue? love

lol, no romance going on yet. we JUST met last night for petes sake lol.

daniel48706's photo
Sun 11/08/09 02:05 PM

They do make faster cars than model Ts these days ya know.

There is also a rather new invention called the aireoplane.

ahhh I see, so you are offering to purchase the tickets for me and my oys for said airoplane? laugh

daniel48706's photo
Sun 11/08/09 02:03 PM

Distance shouldnt matter... You could be like me and meet a girl in Iraq and then get shipped back home and never get to see or talk to her again.....

Did that when I was in Germany, lol. Proposed to her while we were both deployed to Bosnia, then I got sent to New York and she stayed in Bosnia for 9 more months. Things fell apart at that point.

daniel48706's photo
Sun 11/08/09 02:01 PM
read ladylid's response in this forum

daniel48706's photo
Sun 11/08/09 01:57 PM
New lady on mingle, she is intelligent, beautiful, and my age. Why does she have to be over 14 hours away by car?!

daniel48706's photo
Sun 11/08/09 11:23 AM
no problem hun, far as I am concerned yuo can bring yuor butt in anytime you want too flowerforyou

I know it has been reccomended in the past Dragoness, but what I was saying is that Peledac is complaining of this issue, and posted a link witht his complaint. I looked at the link to see if the part of "penalizing" those who can afford insurance but don't get insurance was passed as part of the entire bill or not, and it isnt even mentioned that I remember.

Oh okay, sorry, I guess I shouldn't have butted in there.blushing flowerforyou

daniel48706's photo
Sun 11/08/09 10:25 AM
I know it has been reccomended in the past Dragoness, but what I was saying is that Peledac is complaining of this issue, and posted a link witht his complaint. I looked at the link to see if the part of "penalizing" those who can afford insurance but don't get insurance was passed as part of the entire bill or not, and it isnt even mentioned that I remember.

daniel48706's photo
Sun 11/08/09 10:23 AM
exactly!

Jus wanted to know your thoughts on this ... i know There are other factors but i just cant shake the idea that its partially because americans over value themselves and want high paying easy jobs...
Ceo's rediculous pay scale is a big factor in my opinion also..

it seems everyone wants to blame one person like Obama or Bush.. when there are more factors than that.. did people really beleive we hired a magical president that was gonna wave a wand and fix this?

I feel like its more of a problem for those my age and younger .. it seems to me the work ethic of the older generations is more solid..

Even my generation believes they are worth more than they are. I have known unemployed people who were, by their own declaration, too good for a minimum wage job. So they went jobless for months, living off others, until a higher paying job came along. My son is one of these individuals and I do not know where he got that idea. I had applied and got hired at Taco Bell when I was unemployed but a better job came up before I started there but I would have worked it until a better job came. So by example I had shown him differently.

I don't know where a person who has no job can determine they are too good for any job. This concept is beyond my comprehension.slaphead

Good for you if i was jobless id be at ANY place of employment if i end up at mcdonalds while i continue my search thats at least SOMETHING coming in untill i can find something better.. i cant afford not to work my daughter needs me bringin money in if its not much well survivr but something must come in

daniel48706's photo
Sun 11/08/09 10:11 AM

It passed the House now it has to pass the Senate.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091108/ap_on_bi_ge/us_health_care_overhaul

Penalizing people for either not wanting their insurance or not being able to afford it is an asinine idea.

The morons that came up with that idea better expect hell to arise!! Does anyone really think the American people will tolerate honest Americans being punished because the won't or CAN'T afford this insurance?? If the senate knew what was good for everyone, especially them, they better not pass this bill.

Bend overfrustrated

I just read through your link Peledac, and although it is the first one I have looked at, I see no mention whatsoever of Penalizing people for either not wanting their insurance or not being able to afford it

daniel48706's photo
Sun 11/08/09 10:03 AM
It's a very legitemate question; and one I happen to agree with him on. A very major problem in todays workforce, is the young American (age 18-30) refusing to accept jobs tha are minimum wage or that they deem "beneath" them, or for the teenagers and not adults.

Another problem, I am sorry to say, is the fact that so many companies DO hire teenagers (I mean teens as in 16 and 17 while still in high school) more often than they do adults. I know I will get a lot of razz on this topic, but it is one I stand firm on. Teenagers still in highschool should not be working during the school year, unless they can show the need to provide support for themselves or their family. During summer vacation, they should be doing odd jobs like cutting the lawn, cleaning out garages, washing cars etc. if they want extra cash. If we can get back to where the adults are hired and working, then any leftover jobs by all means be picked up by a teen if they want it. But the ADULTS need to have first grab at ALL jobs. This includes fast food and party store/gas station jobs as well.

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25