Community > Posts By > mg1959

no photo
Wed 10/30/13 02:11 PM
Edited by mg1959 on Wed 10/30/13 02:17 PM
We also must understand though that we have helped to create this world and mindset.

We were born (those around my age) into the "me" world where many parents were starting to drift away from some of the family values that gave responsibilities over to us to help us grow. We were the generation in many ways of defile and rebellion. TV and stereo were born and so was a passtime of getting stoned. Our parents told us "wait till your kids grow up" and you know, they were right. We grew up one step away from respect and these kids are growing up even further from the guidence of stability.

Who would have ever thought for example we as a nation would be looking at taking guns out of everyones hands in order to control a few which is certainly heading toward the many. Where we live in a world of kids that are actually following their parents guidence into becoming people on GOV aid. A people who are trying to figure out how not to work instead of a people who wouldn't know what to do if they had to stop working.

We must realize that we are the generation of creating a world that has never been done before and we are the ones who are trying to pass it off as "always been" or "norm". Two generations (from my studies in history) ago we did not look at a thing called retirment. This is something that back then was done as a family proccess and not a saving up based proccess. The generations would live and pass on, and there was no system of give to government and goverment pay backs in the same sense as we see and use it today. There was a system and in some ways it was worse, but in some ways it was also better.

When you make a system of how to beat the system what we have now is what we get. Some day they will be studying us and say "How did these people survive"? The "me" generations which we have made and living in the middle of is full of people who can only see what benefits them. It has grown so big and abusive that when one man tries to make a change he is gun down or worse ignored, scrutinized and discredited.

I always thought that freedom was to be about doing what was right and not so much doing what we want. Now we have debates over what is right and what is wrong, knowing full well if it does harm to us or harm to others chances are it's wrong. We actually debate these lines rather than seeing the clarity of negativity vs positive. And then we defend our right to offend and call it freedom.

The whole thing to me is screwy and is something I try to be a part of from a safe distance.

Another example. I use to be a very small part of the religious and political scene, but after years of seeing how two things that should be thought of as helpful have become walls of anger, strife and self ambition, and the fact that they have become money driven instead of helping driven, you can count me out. People say you have to be a part to make a difference, and I'm saying make a difference and let the parts fall where they will. It's much easier and more profitable for me to spend my time making a difference than to argue about the changes we must make, and doing it out of anger. I have found it much easier to be a doer than a debater, and it takes up less time.

As always my 25cents when you are asking for 2 lol

no photo
Mon 10/28/13 03:27 AM
I'm in pain. No where near a TV tonight or radio. I hope I can sneak away to my computer now and then.

no photo
Mon 10/28/13 03:18 AM

I'm pretty happy I have the internet, and am looking forward to the day when it advances a little bit more so we can be in more personal contact with others. In the meantime I feel for those who are stuck in places that don't have a good social scene and or are stuck going to places that aren't them just to meet others.

When I read on here it about breaks my heart cause I can picture how many very nice people are not finding what they are hunting for. But I also understand that happy hour at the local bar these days may be be less than a good spot.

Socially we seem to be stuck in one of those inbetweens where only a few find their way upstream.

When I read the above I thought, "how true" the world is changing and people are using the internet whether to look for romance or stay in contact with friends and family these days.

But people are who they are no matter how we meet them, we can have a large following of friends and acquaintances but finding that special person for our soul mate is another story whether me meet people online or offline. Look at the divorce and separation figures/numbers, people don't stay in relationships that are unhappy like past generations did. I don't think relationships have changed, it's our value system, and how we deal with issues.

I've found meeting someone online is a whole different experiences then meeting them offline. Conversations start off different, people don't seem to have the same respect that is there when we meet in a public environment. I believe we have to hold people accountable for their rudeness just as we would if we met offline.

The world has become different that's for sure. I read so many nice people up here and wonder if they'll ever find that person they are hunting for. It would be so great if they were all in the same place I think. Rudeness though, I don't know. Maybe it's me but I find that the rudeness level is going up period and it's getting to me. It's probably my sensitivity to it, but I see people walking on others and not looking back. It's been really bugging me lately and I'm noticing it so much.

Is it just a lack of respect anymore?

Last night I was at a diner party and noticed how self centered the people were and how they were fighting each other for the floor. It looked like a bunch of people talking with no one listening. I watched it for a couple of hours then had to leave and go back to my world. I thought who would want to be around that but there they were acting like it was ok to be so rude.

I think that's why I like to stay in my little world. If I had to choose lonely or rude, lonely wins big.

no photo
Mon 10/28/13 01:44 AM
this is my bed, at least you could have brought the peanut butter

no photo
Mon 10/28/13 12:50 AM
OK, who's eating crackers?

no photo
Sun 10/27/13 11:42 PM
Hi Pony, now that your here, how about straightening these girls out.

no photo
Sun 10/27/13 11:34 PM
I hope you get flooded with emails, but in case that doesn't happen I would say join in the forums and see who might be looking for someone just like you.

Some people on mingle become more attractive by the post.

no photo
Sun 10/27/13 10:51 PM
welcome to mingle kids!

no photo
Sun 10/27/13 10:43 PM
So you think you get by without a party?

not on mingles watch

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

no photo
Sun 10/27/13 10:01 PM
Halloween rolls around and look what happens to these once (cough) nice kids.

no photo
Sun 10/27/13 09:55 PM

Peeks out from behind a bush....is it safe?

Bad kids, now behave.

no photo
Sun 10/27/13 09:53 PM

According to "boys life" all most all the guys have them now. Or was that MAD magazine? No matter, if I'm going to explore the deeps of a hot tub I'm bringing mine.

Also have a new hotwheels for later. We'll have so much fun. I have other stuff too if I can fit them in my Big Bang Theory back pack.

laugh Are you here in Calgary yet? I fell asleep waiting for you. Its snowing here but seems like a great time for the hot tub. bigsmile

ya mention Calgary (cowtown) and look what happens

Nice City; yes we got some of that white stuff in
Fort st.John BC today,its usually here to stay
by Halloween in the north.

Yeah; here we are having a nice chat and the pigs have to make a rude comment. Anyways back to the adult conversation; we got a fair amount of snow here but its already melting and should be plus 5 by Tuesday so glad when it will be gone.

Adult conversation? K, I'll go get my dad..lol
I know! I like to joke around but I could imagine
what some of these guys say, I've had its happen
to me 4-5 times and I'm not a man even seeking men?
I can only wonder why Candi left;just may have
something to do with fake liar A-holes.
So lets not scare mg any more that temp you were talking about was 5C approx 40F.
I think you mentioned snow so he's already scared..lol
He will probably keep going on to Spain now..lol

Darn; I was so close. Yep, he is Spain bound now. I screwed up again. sad Did Candi de-activate?

:laughing: yeah I Didn't want to say it
but you could be SOL til summer now,he mite want
to see your beautiful city and see the word famous
Stampede.think lol

Darn that MG. Here I thought the treat was he was visiting me but the trick is he is going to Spain. laugh

Or maybe stopping by to take you to Spain with me.

no photo
Sun 10/27/13 09:52 PM
This crew "carrying on"?

Can't imagine.

no photo
Sun 10/27/13 09:50 PM
then it's mg all the way

no photo
Sun 10/27/13 09:03 PM
you should set your sights on second place

no photo
Sun 10/27/13 08:52 PM
mg starts looking into plane tickets for spain

no photo
Sun 10/27/13 08:47 PM
Edited by mg1959 on Sun 10/27/13 08:49 PM
For me, it's part fan, part their in my line of work, and mostly I think what they have left behind historically. I don't have a piece of so and so in my house or playing on my stereo, but with Lou or others I find of interest I live with a part of him every day somehow.

I listen to Lou every year more than I do talking to my brother. I love my brother but also become attached to the people who have shaped the world on a bigger scale.

It's a good question you ask Rawrr.

I do think in some way many of these people do become a part of our family. We watch what they go through their whole life and how they have been a part of ours. It's like missing an extented family member. Someone who created something that we as the world family have experienced.

I can't tell you how many people in the last 4 hours have mentioned lou to me. And that's me, someone who worked with him breifly. I would imagine his fan club and base is probably having parties of sorts all over the world right now. Kind of a celebration of his life and music I would think.

no photo
Sun 10/27/13 05:49 PM

Nope; I never feel isolated as I am so busy with renos, working out, the military, hanging with friends, the astronomy club, a social club, and now a member of a sci fi group. I need to go home to get some quiet time.

and don't forget, hot tub-ing with mg

:) wink :)

no photo
Sun 10/27/13 05:44 PM
Welcome to mingle!

You know though Mr. Left might not be so bad either.

enjoy

no photo
Sun 10/27/13 05:41 PM
Hi Penny Love

Great to see you, now get out of my way so I can win.

love ya