Community > Posts By > mg1959

no photo
Wed 11/06/13 05:18 AM
Sometimes these questions come up and it makes me realize how far outside of the "norm" my life must be. I find them interesting (I'm not making fun of either)but so far out of my thinking.

Honestly my relationships have been like little playgrounds of excitement and adventure and I don't think these kinds of things were ever thought about. If there was going to be a question in this area I wouldn't really have called it love. Well maybe love but not in-love. When I have been in-love I'm pretty blind I would think.

I'm I wrong here?

no photo
Wed 11/06/13 04:10 AM

I think everyone feels that way. I believed her when she told me she loved me deeply, we were just too young and I was just to immature to deal with the situation. Live and learn next time I will be ready for sure.Side note: Navy Girl your not to old, your a very sweet, smart,woman who has a lot to offer someone and I hope you get what your searching for!

Thanks, I appreciate what you are saying but it's not going to happen. flowerforyou

Agreeing with jack here! I'm hoping love hits you like a bomb, NavyGirl!!! Lol!

Thanks but that door has closed permanently but I do wish you the best. flowerforyou

This is why I'm in Spain alone.

no photo
Wed 11/06/13 02:35 AM
Well, I think your doing the right thing by starting a thread about it.

The more you get involved the more response you'll get.

no photo
Tue 11/05/13 10:18 AM
Just be yourself kiddo, the rest will follow.

Hopefully you'll join in the forums and get a feel for mingle.

Great place great people.

no photo
Tue 11/05/13 07:57 AM

Got hurt this past year and it's been a swift spiral downwards since then. I went from being a happy, healthy, energetic, independent working woman to this...

tears

Lost it all. Health insurance went first, and then the job after 30 days and no recovery. Savings depleted. Credit cards maxed and credit score in the toilet now. Totally broke. Lost the home when I couldn't pay rent. Stuff went in storage and the dog and I ended up in the truck. Had to give up my two cats eventually which just killed me. Friend of a friend felt sorry for me and let the dog and I chill in his garage until I got back on my feet. Been here ever since (10 flippin' months!). So now I am completely dependent on him for everything, from food to smokes to toilet paper to wipe my arse. Humiliated beyond words to say the least. NEVER in my life imagined things could get this bad.

I don't blame anyone but myself. And I know I'm the only one that can fix it, but I have no idea where to start. I live in physical pain constantly, and I've become severely depressed, almost to the point of suicide honestly. I just see no way out, no remedy, no hope that I'm ever going to get back to the me I used to be.

So what would you do? Learn to live like this somehow? Accept that I'm not going to get better and figure out how to cope with being in pain all the time and dependent on a man for everything? What kind of quality of life is that?

My man keeps telling me to not worry, that he's got this, and that I should just try to be happy but I'm really struggling. I'm not contributing anything and just feel worthless as a human being now. How do I fix this???? frustrated

In June, I had my first stroke- no effects. In Sept, second stroke took most of my vision, but I got enough back that they said I can drive a car. In Oct, third bastard stroke took my ability to walk- but I am taking tenative steps now. I am not used to not working but crimney if I don't stay positive I will go further downward. We have to believe in ourselves, it truly is not how many times we get knocked down but how many times we get back up.

Hey Buddy

Thanks for sharing this. I've been so embarassed by this in my own life that I'm just starting now to come around to dealing with it. I've been having repeated TIA's over the last while and it has been pretty deflating. Your a good man and the blessing I needed today. Hope you don't mind me praying for you. again thanks

no photo
Tue 11/05/13 07:26 AM
You know J, your far from alone. Something that might help is the realization that the reason why there are forums like this is because many of us are dealing with something. We may be more or less open about it but we are dealing with something.

You know another thing, you may not find it here. This may be the place you can come to and bleed a little but it may or may not be the place where someone takes you up on your hearts desire. That's ok too. Just having the place to come to might be enough.

Mingle is a great healing place and if that's all you get out of it, that's more than a lot of places in this world and life offer. No harm done in sharing what is on your mind, and you know what, no harm if that woman doesn't step up to take the bait. It's ok to be lonely, and it's ok to think that you may never find true love. These are feelings most of us have gone through for all types of reasons.

Sometimes it's worth it just to be able to say ouch and know that other people are listening.

no photo
Mon 11/04/13 01:52 AM
Jman, pony, Kik, lion and I want to be doctors too please.

I would say Dave but he's an elien, or john but he's a bear or kat. Man we do got a zoo here don't we. Ese is already a doctor, and hippy (well, "hippy" think about it). JT I would not trust with a needle, and jack is way to nice to be a doctor. However you know those family doctors who will opperate for a cherry pie. Speaking of cherry pie, do you like yours with ice cream on top or plain.

think I need to visit the frig

Oh, BTW did you guys know that motown and whatthe are about to go on tour with floyd.

and than there's....

no photo
Mon 11/04/13 01:07 AM
Edited by mg1959 on Mon 11/04/13 01:11 AM
I have out my scissors trying to figure out how much of the southern US needs to be cut off.

I don't know about others but we were brought up to greet people with pet names as a sign of compassion and respect.

Both my wives would be laughing their butts off at you guys right now. Believe me I understand when guys and gals have disrespect on their minds but sometimes you guys kill me when you take things to the extreme and jump all over them.

Pet names are a beautiful artform we were taught in the south. Almost everyone had a nickname, or were called a pet name or were greeted by their proper name like "Miss Gracy" or whatever their name was. Not only is it proper but it shows your not uptight and that's one thing down south or where I live now that folks are big on. There are two types. People who know how to deal with it and others who are just too uptight for their own skin.

Ladies (I can call you ladies can't I) why instead of complaining don't you count it a blessing that this guy is showing his cards up front? Don't go blaming pet names for a guy who is a D*** (now there's a pet name). I would rather a guy or gal would show themselves at the beginning so I could save myself a bunch of time. I thinks it's important to save time don't you? For example (not that any of you would do this), a girl that is always complaining or taking every oppertunity to get down on guys. Now that's a belle I take notice of. I'm pretty sure for the rest of my life my ears would be taking a beating around a gal like that.

Respect is respect but when you take the fun out of being playful (not in a degrading way) it leaves pretty dull leftovers. I'm very happy that my women even friends take the time to give me a pet name.

As someone said early, what's worse than someone calling you a pet name? Someone not calling you at all. In my long industrious life I've seen lots of women who complained (when they were younger) about the very thing they missed when they got older.

Are you sure it's the pet names, or that you think they're disrespecting you? And are most of them disrespecting you or just haven't grown up yet? Speaking as a guy, I think many of them are simply stupid and maybe someday will actually grow up a little. Some won't. But do you want to grow old bitter as a result of their stupidness? What's worse, a stupid guy or a bitter woman?

for the sake of balance

no photo
Sun 11/03/13 11:49 PM
A lot of love being shared the last couple of days. I've really enjoyed seeing all of you being sharing and caring.

It's very cool when mingle is about the peace.

((((love))))

no photo
Sun 11/03/13 11:31 PM

What's new ladies.

welcome to mingle 52, have a good time at Zee's or wherever you may roam

no photo
Sun 11/03/13 11:29 PM
Stopped by to say hi, wooaaa, there's a kid here. I think lion and I have a new party partner. Sup little dude?

We're absolutely gonna pick up chics with this guy around.

very cute Zee!

What a little heartbreaker!

no photo
Sun 11/03/13 11:11 PM

Now aren't we just a little anti-social! laugh :tongue:

I'm attracted to a lot of emptiful and sexy profiles from India and Africa. So i only want to connect with them and block the rest of the countries! ill drinks

Seriously though, that would be a good idea for most people. ohwell
think

I think I like this kid, welcome to mingle

no photo
Sun 11/03/13 11:06 PM
I still think we need trap doors installed.

no photo
Sun 11/03/13 01:47 AM
Hey, take a look at your hand.

I'm holding it now. You know what, so are all of us who

love you

your smiles I share with you, your tears I cry with you, your pain I give to our lord

no photo
Sun 11/03/13 01:43 AM
Wow guys

wow

your in my thoughts GLG

no photo
Sun 11/03/13 01:31 AM
I'm glad Navy got her job! I'm also happy to see some of you have gotten your wishes.

I think for me here tonight reading through mingle and listening to soft music, I'm good.

may all your wishes come true my friends :)

no photo
Fri 11/01/13 02:17 PM
That's it "sox". A good pair of sox can be very sexy.

no photo
Fri 11/01/13 05:44 AM
three letter words

aba - garment of camel or goat hair; camel or goat-hair fabric
bel - unit of noise intensity equal to ten decibels
cep - brown edible mushroom
dop - copper cup for holding a diamond while cutting it
ell - old unit of length equal to 45 inches
fug - hot; close; smoky state of atmosphere

that takes me through f

give us a hint

no photo
Fri 11/01/13 05:25 AM

I miss the security of knowing there's someone else who see's the world as beautiful as I do.
I hate going through my day thinking I'm at it alone. I like doing things on my own but I love a little extra support. I miss babying someone and loving them every minute, kissing them after everything they say because no matter what, I know I'm their woman.

This was pretty sweet. Made me smile:-)

no photo
Fri 11/01/13 05:11 AM
As my friends have said in their own ways "this site fake?"

It would be hard to find or make a site as reasonably transparent as Mingle. The one thing they have done really well is let the people of mingle shape it's life and personality over the years.

Good luck finding a better site though if mingle is not your thing.