Community > Posts By > Gummiente

Gummiente's photo
Tue 03/29/16 04:07 PM
what

Gummiente's photo
Tue 03/29/16 01:45 PM

Runs with scissors.

Is that your Native American name? It sounds kind of like "Dances with Wolves" but different. Somewhat more lethal. :angel:

The Blackfoot Indian tribe of central Saskatchewan gave me my native name; "Ak-sana-ka-tak-we". Translates to "Dances With Cows".

Gummiente's photo
Tue 03/29/16 09:50 AM
Runs with scissors.

Gummiente's photo
Tue 03/29/16 07:47 AM

Pictures with dogs aren't favourite either. Although at least I know he has a dog that scares me, lol (Rottweiler, German shephard etc.) ----> NEXT!

Hey... love me, love my dog. Package deal.

Aaaaaannnnd here's my list;

1. I don't like close up selfies taken from below the chin level... nobody wants to look up your nose holes!

2. Having some inspirational quote or butterfly/unicorn/nature pic as the lead photo, instead of a proper face shot. I don't care what Buddha said today, I want to see a pic of who I'm reading about.

3. An endless assortment of pics taken in front of the Eiffel Tower, Taj Mahal, Sydney Opera House, etc. Ok, you're a world traveler, we get it. What's your personality like?

4. A pic of your feet. Men really don't care about your feet, other than when they're bringing you towards us for a hug.

5. Your prom pic or other terribly outdated selfie as the lead photo. False advertising. Yes, you were gorgeous back in the day, but I'm really more interested in who you are at this point in time. I want to fall in love with you in the present, not in your past.

6. Selfies taken while driving. As a long time motorcyclist, these scare the **** out of me. I have enough problems as it is with inattentive drivers, I don't need you out there trying to kill me or my friends, too.

7. Pics of you with your kids or grandkids. It's great that you love them, but not cool to display their faces on the internet. The world is a nasty place full of nasty people, don't bring unwanted attention to yourself and family. 'Nuff said.

Gummiente's photo
Tue 03/29/16 07:28 AM

started a light hearted thread for banter and fun just for the helluva it

found out the only ones actually posting in are ....just grumpy huh

Aw, c'mon... I'm having fun in here. :thumbsup:

Gummiente's photo
Mon 03/28/16 06:05 PM

might find it amusing

You probably would. I like to torment waitresses and CSR's by using a different accent every time they talk to me. And I just love to diss all the people walking by. I'm pretty sure my death will come about as a direct result from being sarcastic to the wrong person at the wrong time.

Gummiente's photo
Mon 03/28/16 06:02 PM
Things to be grumpy about (cont'd):

12. Realising that your local pharmacy's prescription hotline and your Dr's office numbers are in the contact lists of your home phone, cell phone, computer, tablet and on a piece of paper in your wallet, but you have to consult the phone book for the number of the nearest pizza joint.

Gummiente's photo
Mon 03/28/16 05:53 PM

couples talk dirty to each other? well now I had no idea huh bigsmile

man Gum if somebody started talking in voices to me

knowing my degree
I would probably recommend a psych evaluationtongue2

Haaaahahaha... y'all best pray we never meet, then. I can do some pretty good Southern, German, French and Russian accents. You'd have me committed in no time.

Gummiente's photo
Mon 03/28/16 05:41 PM
He was the ex's Hall Pass. Some people talk dirty to their partners to spice things up in bed every once in a while. All I had to do was find a movie with Sam Elliot in it, play it just before we went to bed, then mimic his accent and talk to her as we hit the sheets. Turned her into a maniac every time. Funny thing, though, is that she always kept her eyes closed. spock

Gummiente's photo
Mon 03/28/16 09:20 AM

I know...every time ya moved the damn things came unclipped

yes indeedy had this idea once upon a time
don't ya know

that men were visual creatures
and it was all about enticement
and seduction..

hmmmmm...maybe this was why my marriage lasted 20 years bigsmile

love :heart: flowerforyou

Gummiente's photo
Mon 03/28/16 05:20 AM
Trying to avoid eye contact with my dogs, because it's hosing down rain outside and they want to go play fetch the ball.

Gummiente's photo
Mon 03/28/16 04:13 AM
You two should get together, you'd make a nice looking couple. :smile:

Gummiente's photo
Mon 03/28/16 04:10 AM
Dude, stop that. ill

Gummiente's photo
Sun 03/27/16 01:43 PM

feeling a bit odd and out of sorts

so any advice from you grumpies on how to handle the holidays when things are not like they used to be?

Sorry to hear that, girl. All I can say is that things will get better in time, or at the very least you will simply become used to the new direction in life.

2014 was one of the worst years for me... the now ex pulled a surprise "I want a divorce" attack on me at the start of March, which was a big surprise, as we'd sold our house in Feb and were in the process of making an offer on a new one in a different city. I had to scramble to find new accommodations in an unfamiliar area at the same time we were in the process of relocating the motorcycle shop I was working at. Then my Dad suddenly passed away two weeks later and from Apr to Jun I spent every weekend driving 5hrs to help Mom cope with the aftermath, sell her house, find her a new place, etc. Then a beloved Aunt passed away near the end of the summer and another was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer with a grim outlook on long term survival.

Thankfully, I still have some of my old Army instincts left in me... react, adapt, overcome, continue towards the objective. Suddenly it's two years later, I'm living closer to Mom now (she's about to hit 80 and is no longer a spring chicken), my life has shown signs of improvement and I continue to wake up every morning, breathing. Life goes on.

Gummiente's photo
Sun 03/27/16 11:57 AM
Thanks and a Happy Easter to you, too!

Gummiente's photo
Sun 03/27/16 11:22 AM

man that is like ambidextrous mad skillz going on bigsmile

ya know ...going for a ride on a motorcycle is on my bucket list

however this image in my head involves climbing on behind a man who knows how to handle that machine and who will take away my fear and show me the thrill of the ride

mmmmmmm..this loses half it's appeal if I gotta climb in the sidecar and hold his doggie on my lap huh noway

I can do all that for you, but you have to clear it with my dog first. You wanna ride in his seat, you have to negotiate that with him. His current rate for renting the sidecar is a belly rub and a cookie.

Gummiente's photo
Sun 03/27/16 11:20 AM

I was sold when I read, fit, tall, dark and handsome ... then it went downhill from there real fast ohwell
Rich is a nice extra, but walking puppies? Don't tickle my fancy, nor walks in the rain on the beach, I don't really like wine or country music.

Dangit ... so close and yet so far!! tears tears tears

You missed the last line of my post, it was the truthful one. And btw, I prefer beer to wine. And I think "country music" is an oxymoron. :smile:

Gummiente's photo
Sun 03/27/16 07:33 AM
Ladies, you should message me because I'm a fit, tall, dark, and handsome rich man who loves to take puppies for long walks barefoot in the rain on the beach as I sip wine and nibble on chocolate while challenging you all the way to the zipline that takes us to the country music dance club.

No?

Dammit. FINE, then, you should message me because I am NOT all of that and a bag of chips. grumble

Gummiente's photo
Sun 03/27/16 07:28 AM
And a special Happy Easter to Miss TMommy...

:wink: bigsmile

Gummiente's photo
Sun 03/27/16 06:44 AM
Happy Easter, Grumble Bunnies!