Community > Posts By > Darknight1981

Darknight1981's photo
Mon 12/07/09 05:19 PM
:D I thought that was funny!

Darknight1981's photo
Fri 11/06/09 07:10 AM
I've tried it several times, and let me tell you, it's not one of the easiest things in the world. First, you have to be in the right mind set, second you have to be really patient and not expect everything to happen as fast as you may want it to go. And lastly, communication is key in a long distance relationship. It can be a text message, an email, phone call, video messages. However you do it, it matters in the end. Good luck to first timers and those who are continuing it. drinker

Darknight1981's photo
Wed 10/28/09 08:27 AM
Edited by Darknight1981 on Wed 10/28/09 08:28 AM
The ending of Gladiator!

Darknight1981's photo
Tue 10/20/09 07:03 AM

Darknight1981's photo
Mon 10/19/09 04:33 PM
If your eyes are set to someone other than your relationship, it's bound to fail because your mind is already wondering and has escaped it's boundaries.

Darknight1981's photo
Thu 09/24/09 11:36 PM

too many people having "property" issues...geez let him do what he wants...life is too short to control someone else...if he leaves then he leaves...maybe step up the A game a bit and do things to him that make him wanna stay! much luv to all!

You go girl! Tell em how it is :thumbsup:

Darknight1981's photo
Sun 09/13/09 04:40 PM

I went to therapy once

the guy said he got in my head and it scared him and didnt want me to come back

rofl

Darknight1981's photo
Fri 09/11/09 01:00 PM

:heart: Do people expect too much from romance?:heart:

I think the word "expect" is the problem with most relationships today.....love and romance needs time to cultivate and grow. There is a lot to be said about "take the time to smell the roses". So many things in our lives are rushed today, I don't think that love and romance should be one of them though.

I agree with that. People usually want something that is not ideal in relationships and expect that the outcome should be in they're liking.

Darknight1981's photo
Wed 09/09/09 09:37 AM

CURSE YOU ALL, THIS TREAD MUST DIE, DIE DIE, I REALLY MEAN IT I WILL HOLD MY BREATH UNTIL I TURN BLUE, THEN YOU WILL BE SORRY.tears tears

hahahahahahahahahahaha

you've been here a couple of months

you havent even seen the extent of the perenially nice guy threads

there will be twenty more before the month is out.

if your freakin out now i hate to see you a month from now

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Darknight1981's photo
Tue 09/08/09 02:26 PM
I don't know, but this site has been good to me so far, can't complain
shades

Darknight1981's photo
Tue 09/08/09 01:42 PM
These "nice guy" posts are getting old, where's Quietman when you need him LOL rofl rofl rofl rofl

Darknight1981's photo
Mon 09/07/09 06:01 AM
wtf is happening to these threads? rofl rofl rofl

I come back and i hear people drinking blood and being eaten.

Darknight1981's photo
Sun 09/06/09 08:25 AM
Alright these nice guy threads need to go! grumble

Darknight1981's photo
Sun 09/06/09 07:11 AM

I went back and did some reading here and it seems to me like you just straight up used this girl to get your willy wet and should be down right ashamed to have done so. Instead you seem to be bragging about the fact that shes falling for you under false pretense... Just keeps getting better all the time.

Although you probably didn't mean to you have now let every woman on this site know what you are about so we can stay away from you.

Thanks, I guess slaphead

Myka, we wouldn't date a guy that asked everyone how to deal with every situation anyway... :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

These guys just keep setting themselves up for failure! laugh

Darknight1981's photo
Sun 09/06/09 07:06 AM

You and me baby we aint nothing but mammals. Let's do it like they do it on the discovery channel.

rofl Love that song!

Darknight1981's photo
Sun 09/06/09 07:03 AM

in this world there are many things
I don't understand...
like this..

how can a grown man...
after running over a child
with his car...
get out of the car...
look at the child
who is screaming
trapped beneath his car..
look at the child
then turn away..
run away on foot.

people say that is..
shock.

they found him.

the little boy died yesterday.

I don't understand it.

teasingbrunette

It is easy to say what one would do in the given situation, and many have done the right thing...but we don't all respond the same way to certain situations. Just depends on how you handle the stress of doing something like that, in no way is it right or am I condoning it...but it is difficult to say what you would do if you haven't been in the position to do it.

I know for sure, that i couldn't leave a dying child there to suffer even if it meant that I had to pay the price for the accident. That's beyond cruel, that's on some different level ****.

Darknight1981's photo
Sun 09/06/09 06:52 AM

THIS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU..BUT TO A LOT OF YOU..IT DOES..

What happened to all the nice guys?

The answer is simple: you did.

See, if you think back, really hard, you might vaguely remember a Platonic guy pal who always seemed to want to spend time with you. He'd tag along with you when you went shopping, stop by your place for a movie when you were lonely but didn't feel like going out, or even sit there and hold you while you sobbed and told him about how horribly the (other) guy that you were ****ing treated you.

At the time, you probably joked with your girlfriends about how he was a little puppy dog, always following you around, trying to do things to get you to pay attention to him. They probably teased you because they thought he had a crush on you. Given that his behavior was, admittedly, a little pathetic, you vehemently denied having any romantic feelings for him, and buttressed your position by claiming that you were "just friends." Besides, he totally wasn't your type. I mean, he was a little too short, or too bald, or too fat, or too poor, or didn't know how to dress himself, or basically be or do any of the things that your tall, good-looking, fit, rich, stylish boyfriend at the time pulled off with such ease.

Eventually, your Platonic buddy drifted away, as your relationship with the boyfriend got more serious and spending time with this other guy was, admittedly, a little weird, if you werent dating him. More time passed, and the boyfriend eventually cheated on you, or became boring, or you realized that the things that attracted you to him weren't the kinds of things that make for a good, long-term relationship. So, now, you're single again, and after having tried the bar scene for several months having only encountered players and douche bags, you wonder, "What happened to all the nice guys?"

Well, once again, you did.

You ignored the nice guy. You used him for emotional intimacy without reciprocating, in kind, with physical intimacy. You laughed at his consideration and resented his devotion. You valued the aloof boyfriend more than the attentive "just-a-" friend. Eventually, he took the hint and moved on with his life. He probably came to realize, one day, that women aren't really attracted to guys who hold doors open; or make dinners just because; or buy you a Christmas gift that you mentioned, in passing, that you really wanted five months ago; or listen when you're upset; or hold you when you cry. He came to realize that, if he wanted a woman like you, he'd have to act more like the boyfriend that you had. He probably cleaned up his look, started making some money, and generally acted like more of an ******* than he ever wanted to be.

Fact is, now, he's probably getting laid, and in a way, your ultimate rejection of him is to thank for that. And I'm sorry that it took the complete absence of "nice guys" in your life for you to realize that you missed them and wanted them. Most women will only have a handful of nice guys stumble into their lives, if that.

So, if you're looking for a nice guy, here's what you do:

1.) Build a time machine.

2.) Go back a few years and pull your head out of your ***.

3.) Take a look at what's right in front of you and grab ahold of it.

I suppose the other possibility is that you STILL don't really want a nice guy, but you feel the social pressure to at least appear to have matured beyond your infantile taste in men. In which case, you might be in luck, because the nice guy you claim to want has, in reality, shed his nice guy mantle and is out there looking to unleash his cynicism and resentment onto someone just like you.

If you were five years younger.

So, please: either stop misrepresenting what you want, or own up to the fact that you've ****ed yourself over. You're getting older, after all. It's time to excise the ******** and deal with reality. You didn't want a nice guy then, and he certainly doesn't ****ing want you, now.

Sincerely,

A Recovering Nice Guy

I read it all in depth several times!! My name is Earl. I am 53 and this shows i have been around long enough to see lifes reactions of actions especially in a 5 million city where i am in Houston Texas.

I grew up in the 60's with two older sisters. Me being as young as 13 while one sister was 15 and the other one was 17, i noticed how they had many great great dudes as we called them that would hang around. Both of my sisters would laugh at the guys and demean them and give their attention instead to guys that were sorry ********. Both have had over 3 marriages and one was even murdered by a sorry creep she ran off to Ohio with in 1991 that kicked her ribs in causing her spleen to rupture resulting in her death.

I can look back and being i have a detailed memory that is so good i can even remember the makes and models of cars people had when i was age 5. With this being known of me with my memory, i remember handfulls of damn good guys!!! and my sisters treated them like absolute ****...they were guys that would have made great husbands!!! were physically clean!! But my sisters would label them as boring and not being fun because they did not do outlandish crazy **** and have tatooes or go to jail or bring booze and pills or pot around.

Here's a list by reference and some names of guys that tried and in all cases my sister Cheryl..the now deceased sister treated them like ****

Don Matthews...had a new 73 ford van and would take me and my sister Cheryl to Galveston on weekends for over 2 years and never ask for gas money or anything and was a good good warm human!! He gave up after 2 years because she mocked him and belittled him and he was even a great looking guy.

The guy that serviced the trucks at Skelly truck stop while going to school...Again my sister Cheryl would never take him serious, but instead would involve with guys being several at the time whom would always have booze and get her to live in hope and dream of crazy lies they would con her with. The guy at Skelly truck stop i mentioned was a hell of a nice guy and work oriented and my sister and her friends laughed at him because his idea of a good time was a picnic at the lake on saturday topped off with the local drive inn movies that evening with church so he could introduce her to his other friends on Sunday. My sister Cheryl and her friends labeled this as pansy square jerk and they instead persuaded her to go be with the supposed cool idiots in their parents cars with the booze and fun **** as they described.

I Earl have lived to see them mistreat and mock the nice guys, then the bad nmarrigaes, up until ones death..and sister brought all of that upon herself.

Earl

Nice, clingy...dude. Yeah, sounds real fun, I'm sure every girl here would love a dude that is a carpet for her to walk on and follows her everywhere regardless of whether or not she wants them too. Nice guys don't exist because they are really only nice by their own merit, I used to be one of those guys...it sucked, so I quit, now I don't care and do what I want without cause or concern. I think the problem really is that these "nice guys" need someone, whereas I once did...I no longer do, a compliment would be nice sure. But I need no one, just food, water, and shelter.

Maybe that is what is wrong? Attach yourself that much to another person and sooner or later you lose grasp of yourself as you fade into an empty oblivion alone, eventually no one really wants to hang out with you because you hitch onto the all-to-classic phrase "nice guys finish last" which is really just a catch slogan for those that don't bother to try anymore and are still living for that lost love that wasn't interested in them in the first place. See, I can write long paragraphs too, this is fun.

This may not apply to you, but it does apply to a lot of "nice guys". You cannot for whatever reason in your own mind deem yourself as anything beit "nice" or "mean", etc. That is in someone else's hands, we don't label ourselves...other people do that well enough on their own and I'd rather not give them any assistance in putting some silly dumb name over my head like I'm a goat to the slaughter. Which brings me to another problem with these "nice guys", you guys really like labels, don't you? I've seen some so needy of a label they even labeled themselves jackasses to a girl (probably moreso as a call to attention for the all to famous "no you're not"). Either way it is rather irritating after awhile, and I'm sure you would love for someone to follow you around putting themselves at your feet so you don't get your slacks wet...but these are big people we are talking about...not four year olds.

Damn dude, well said! :thumbsup:

Darknight1981's photo
Sun 09/06/09 06:08 AM

you mean something like this?

ROFLMAO! So random.. rofl

Darknight1981's photo
Sun 09/06/09 06:04 AM

Oh goodness what have you done to my thread? LOL

We added flair.smokin

Thanks, I can always count on you to say just the right thing.love love love love smitten

I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride! drinker

Darknight1981's photo
Fri 09/04/09 03:47 PM

Oh goodness what have you done to my thread? LOL

ROFLMAO!!!!!! rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Previous 1 3 4 5 6